test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Bridge is still having problems.

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 1,536 Arc User
I've requested that the two TOS bridges (Pioneer and Constitution) get some attention several times over the last two years because they're both beset with problems.

The Pioneer bridge has all its officers sitting in the floor. In the Lab on the lower deck, the console in the center of the room is missing its top. In Main Engineering, the sign that is supposed to be attached to the wall is floating in the air above the door (just inside the room).

The Constitution bridge has a recurring problem, that all my bridge officers have been replaced by generic template officers. Also, on the lower deck, crew that are supposed to be sitting in chairs are sitting in the floor.

I know these cosmetic issues are minor to most people, but I use my bridges all the time and really, I PAID for these things. I expect things I pay for to work properly. It's been two years, and these problems persist. I'd like to request that they be fixed.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,364 Arc User
    I just started a TOS captain, and yeah can confirm that my officers are breaking the laws of physics when it comes to seating.

Although the full TOS interior doesn't seem to have the same problem, at least in my experience. And my own officers are definitely there for the most part.
    kIYf38d.png
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 1,536 Arc User
    Once again, I must report that these bridges STILL have the same problems. As I said before, these were products I paid for. I can't complain if something that is free doesn't work properly, but if I pay actual money for something, I expect it to function properly.

These bridges need to be fixed.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

• siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Not to belittle your comment, but I find that it's the same with most bridges. It's especially annoying on C-Store bridges too (which the TOS connie is of course)... you'd think they'd do some QA...
    What this game needs is a T6 Oberth Class!
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 1,536 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »
    Not to belittle your comment, but I find that it's the same with most bridges. It's especially annoying on C-Store bridges too (which the TOS connie is of course)... you'd think they'd do some QA...

The thing is, it was broken for a long time and they fixed it... then broke it again a couple of years ago, and haven't bothered to fix it again. If it was a generic bridge, I wouldn't complain, because I didn't pay for those, but this is something I paid them for (and not just a little, these things are not cheap), so I expect them to fix it when they break it.

• siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »

The thing is, it was broken for a long time and they fixed it... then broke it again a couple of years ago, and haven't bothered to fix it again. If it was a generic bridge, I wouldn't complain, because I didn't pay for those, but this is something I paid them for (and not just a little, these things are not cheap), so I expect them to fix it when they break it.

I quite agree.
    What this game needs is a T6 Oberth Class!
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    such statements are the reason i didnt buy it and was really hot on it but 2k zen for bugged stuff...no thx
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    If ever i do use a bridge which is rare i tell myself they are fixing consoles or had a wild drunken party and are sitting on the floor.
    Guess its a low priority bug-not sure if it affects KDf or the Romulan bridge.
    Probably get fixed the day sto closes down.
  • drugus#3346 drugus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 22
    I requested a fix wayyyyy back in August of 2018. Do you guys have "Pig People" for your Template Bridge Officers?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 9,784 Arc User
    I requested a fix wayyyyy back in August of 2018. Do you guys have "Pig People" for your Template Bridge Officers?

You say that as if August 2018 is a long time ago. The bridges are broken for at least three or four years now. And the pig people are Tellarites and they should make up the entire crew by default. pig-4.gif​​
    2r2u1s2.jpg
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • drugus#3346 drugus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I say "Pig People" due to the fact the broken bridge reminds me of the Seinfeld episode "The Bris". That being said, I never got any answer from Arc, or an approximate time for a fix. Has anyone received something that could be construed as an answer, or do they simply just ignore everyone who brings the TOS Bridge issue up?
    ARC can't reply to you because it is a launcher platform. The games' developer is Cryptic and it's publisher Perfect World Entertainment. But neither of those will tell you how long a fix will take out of principle, they coukd never keep that schedule.

Bridges and ship interiors are of a very low priority for STO though. They stopped developing those a long time ago because they weren't profitable. For the same reason the interiors are also very underused and don't offer much functionality. And last but not least, the issues are purely cosmetic and don't break the game. All of these combined let me assume that we won't see a fix in the near or even medium distant future 😶
    2r2u1s2.jpg
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 9,120 Arc User
    I equipped the full TOS Interior on my Discovery Constitution and the Crew is sitting below seats throughout.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
    > @ltminns said:
    > I equipped the full TOS Interior on my Discovery Constitution and the Crew is sitting below seats throughout.

They do so on K7 as well. And I believe sometimes they even do in TOS missions, but I could confuse that with interiors.
    2r2u1s2.jpg