test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Bridge is still having problems.

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,199 Arc User
I've requested that the two TOS bridges (Pioneer and Constitution) get some attention several times over the last two years because they're both beset with problems.

The Pioneer bridge has all its officers sitting in the floor. In the Lab on the lower deck, the console in the center of the room is missing its top. In Main Engineering, the sign that is supposed to be attached to the wall is floating in the air above the door (just inside the room).

The Constitution bridge has a recurring problem, that all my bridge officers have been replaced by generic template officers. Also, on the lower deck, crew that are supposed to be sitting in chairs are sitting in the floor.

I know these cosmetic issues are minor to most people, but I use my bridges all the time and really, I PAID for these things. I expect things I pay for to work properly. It's been two years, and these problems persist. I'd like to request that they be fixed.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I just started a TOS captain, and yeah can confirm that my officers are breaking the laws of physics when it comes to seating.

Although the full TOS interior doesn't seem to have the same problem, at least in my experience. And my own officers are definitely there for the most part.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Not to belittle your comment, but I find that it's the same with most bridges. It's especially annoying on C-Store bridges too (which the TOS connie is of course)... you'd think they'd do some QA...
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »
    Not to belittle your comment, but I find that it's the same with most bridges. It's especially annoying on C-Store bridges too (which the TOS connie is of course)... you'd think they'd do some QA...

The thing is, it was broken for a long time and they fixed it... then broke it again a couple of years ago, and haven't bothered to fix it again. If it was a generic bridge, I wouldn't complain, because I didn't pay for those, but this is something I paid them for (and not just a little, these things are not cheap), so I expect them to fix it when they break it.

I quite agree.
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    such statements are the reason i didnt buy it and was really hot on it but 2k zen for bugged stuff...no thx
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    If ever i do use a bridge which is rare i tell myself they are fixing consoles or had a wild drunken party and are sitting on the floor.
    Guess its a low priority bug-not sure if it affects KDf or the Romulan bridge.
    Probably get fixed the day sto closes down.
  • drugus#3346 drugus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I requested a fix wayyyyy back in August of 2018. Do you guys have "Pig People" for your Template Bridge Officers?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I requested a fix wayyyyy back in August of 2018. Do you guys have "Pig People" for your Template Bridge Officers?

You say that as if August 2018 is a long time ago. The bridges are broken for at least three or four years now. And the pig people are Tellarites and they should make up the entire crew by default. pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • drugus#3346 drugus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I say "Pig People" due to the fact the broken bridge reminds me of the Seinfeld episode "The Bris". That being said, I never got any answer from Arc, or an approximate time for a fix. Has anyone received something that could be construed as an answer, or do they simply just ignore everyone who brings the TOS Bridge issue up?
    ARC can't reply to you because it is a launcher platform. The games' developer is Cryptic and it's publisher Perfect World Entertainment. But neither of those will tell you how long a fix will take out of principle, they coukd never keep that schedule.

Bridges and ship interiors are of a very low priority for STO though. They stopped developing those a long time ago because they weren't profitable. For the same reason the interiors are also very underused and don't offer much functionality. And last but not least, the issues are purely cosmetic and don't break the game. All of these combined let me assume that we won't see a fix in the near or even medium distant future 😶
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I equipped the full TOS Interior on my Discovery Constitution and the Crew is sitting below seats throughout.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > I equipped the full TOS Interior on my Discovery Constitution and the Crew is sitting below seats throughout.

They do so on K7 as well. And I believe sometimes they even do in TOS missions, but I could confuse that with interiors.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    This bug is half the reason why I did not bought the Voyager Interior set, all the reason I did not spend on the Galaxy interior and my usual go back and re-thinking point whenever I ponder on buying Zen for something. Why should I? If it breaks it ain't getting fixed unless its either imbalancing big time to the players favor or game crashing for a lot of players or maybe inside the marketing window of the first 3 days or so.

Its not even that things get bugged (or in STOs case have bugs chronically reappearing); things like that happen. Its the utter disregard and denial; the complete apparent inactivity towards them.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You'll all be much happier when you accept that this will never.. ever be fixed.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything.. it's just that they have known about this issue for years and have never shown even the slightest interest in fixing it. It's upsetting, and it sucks.. but the sad truth is, it's not going to be fixed.. ever. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I have been posting about this for months and can’t even get a dev to respond or even acknowledge it
    edited July 2019
    > @shadowkosh said:
    > I have been posting about this for months and can’t even get a dev to respond or even acknowledge it

That is because a dev response or acknowledging a bug is a huge exception though. They usually don't do that for anything but emergency maintenance issues that are game breaking.

You can be certain they know and they even have it on their agenda. However, considering this bug is around for years (!) and affects a minor, practically abandoned part of the game, I'd say a fix is not around the corner.

In fact, and I'm not trying to be gloomy, at this point ship interiors are one of those things that might find it's way on the list of things that get cut from the game entirely before it is fixed. Nobody said that, no fact based reason to assume that, but it wouldn't surprise me either.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    You can be certain they know and they even have it on their agenda.

Certainly they know.. but no way it's on the agenda.

This has been around at least 6 years and we already know that 'bridges don't sell,' so they're not going to spend any time on it. Cryptic has absolutely zero interest in even attempting to fix this and people continuing to post about it will sadly not make any difference.

This will never.. ever be fixed.

Go ahead Cryptic.. prove me wrong. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    You can be certain they know and they even have it on their agenda.

Certainly they know.. but no way it's on the agenda.

This has been around at least 6 years and we already know that 'bridges don't sell,' so they're not going to spend any time on it. Cryptic has absolutely zero interest in even attempting to fix this and people continuing to post about it will sadly not make any difference.

This will never.. ever be fixed.

Go ahead Cryptic.. prove me wrong. :lol:

Actually this was already around by the time STO was in development by Perpetual Studios. :p

But for real; it must be an on/off thing then. I bought the whole TOS macro-transaction in the year they released the TOS faction for a TOS char I created and everything was fine and AFAIK that was not 6y ago. No clipping crew; no placeholder bridge crew. Few months later the crew clipped and their talking heads where of the new ships in ody uniform instead of the TOS ships (that one was fixed though last time I checked); few months more (IIRC) my BOFFs on the bridge where replaced with random placeholders. Thankfully in TOS uniform but still; not my guys.

When I read later something about the lack of viability to sell ship interiors by a dev I was not sure if I should cry, laugh, yell or all at the same time. That was so... insulting :/

And if a dev silently stumble over this here and thinks "Yeah, you freeloader can talk": Check the transaction history.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    This bug is half the reason why I did not bought the Voyager Interior set, all the reason I did not spend on the Galaxy interior and my usual go back and re-thinking point whenever I ponder on buying Zen for something. Why should I? If it breaks it ain't getting fixed unless its either imbalancing big time to the players favor or game crashing for a lot of players or maybe inside the marketing window of the first 3 days or so.

Its not even that things get bugged (or in STOs case have bugs chronically reappearing); things like that happen. Its the utter disregard and denial; the complete apparent inactivity towards them.

Actually, the Voyager interior is one of the few that's not broken.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > I equipped the full TOS Interior on my Discovery Constitution and the Crew is sitting below seats throughout.

They do so on K7 as well. And I believe sometimes they even do in TOS missions, but I could confuse that with interiors.

It's an issue with the collision in the TOS chairs, for some reasons there's no proper collision for those so instead of sitting where they should the characters "sit" at base of of the chair, I remember having to put objects with collision under the rear ends of the characters so they would sit properly in the chair when I used that chair in the Foundry.

That said without knowing what exactly is causing that issue there's no way of knowing how easy it'll be to fix, I'd say it's high unlikely that if they're aware that they're not working in a fix but there's several terabytes worth of data to examine and it's not really a high priority so we shouldn't expect it to be fixed in the foreseeble future as there's worse problem to worry about.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @ltminns said:

It's an issue with the collision in the TOS chairs, for some reasons there's no proper collision for those so instead of sitting where they should the characters "sit" at base of of the chair, I remember having to put objects with collision under the rear ends of the characters so they would sit properly in the chair when I used that chair in the Foundry.

That said without knowing what exactly is causing that issue there's no way of knowing how easy it'll be to fix, I'd say it's high unlikely that if they're aware that they're not working in a fix but there's several terabytes worth of data to examine and it's not really a high priority so we shouldn't expect it to be fixed in the foreseeble future as there's worse problem to worry about.

There was a thread about this a while back where one of the devs stated that each NPC had to be manually placed when a interior was built. I'm guessing over time as the game was patched it affected the NPC's position, sort of like the recent elevator button for Spectres. I doubt they will ever devote the manpower to go through every ship and 'put' the NPCs back.

Actually, the Voyager interior is one of the few that's not broken.

The TOS was not either when I got it. As of now Cryptic has proven that I cannot trust them to keep it "not broken" or to fix it in due time when it breaks.

So no; no MTX items. Much less expensive ones like interior packs.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    When it comes to things and money cryptics response is its not profitable they won't do it and this is kind of a problem with people who refuse to buy them because they are bugged might be the very reason why they won't go and fix them. If players won't invest cryptic won't invest. Sadly this is what it will take most likely to get them to pay attention a massive up in people buying the interiors. Maybe convicing people to buy them and use them. Would actually help here with this or better yet I think what cryptic should do is remove those npcs and allow bridges to be used for roleplay purposes maybe add in a tailor too in some of the interiors. Still keep wandering npcs. But open up those chairs for players to use and sit down in.
    Also with chairs where you can sit down in them on risa if you don't interact with them a certain way you can end up on the ground floor benieth the chair instead of being on the chair itself so it might be tied to that too. Might be problematic to fix. Another thing is the limited amount of devs they have to work on stuff. They are very small and limited. This is why we only see cross faction missions and only so many missions a year now. Until they can get a lot more employees to work on Sto given all the new shows and the attraction of star trek becoming mainstream again. Sto has the potential of making both cryptic and perfect world lot more money then before they still get quite a lot of money from Sto from all the sales and the lockbox gamble stuff. The gamble boxes and all the sales plus the many people that play this game and the way they spend in this game.

I'm pretty sure they have the resources to get a lot more people. I do think they need to invest and get a lot more developers and content creators working on the game to the level they had before they did before they all got laid off/fired , quit or reassigned to other mmos . Given they also do Neverwinter which I play and Champions online and the new mmo they are working which I think most of them are working on and got reassigned from sto or neverwinter to work on it. They don't have nearly as much man power to do all this stuff and this Is a factor in why the foundry was shut down too.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Cryptic is hiring, it shows on the Cryptic Studios website. The Foundry was shutdown because of old code and it continuing to break down every update. As for this bug would be nice if and when they fix it. I personally do not believe they have the resources to get a lot more people.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Well you used to be able to go to your Connie bridge and see you boffs after an update several months back it broke the bridge and now all you get is Template Bridge Officer none of your boffs
  • runebear37runebear37 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    The only TOS bug I have a problem with, is in "Return to Babel". When you go to the Enterprise bridge to use ship sensors, all the bridge crew are in the correct chairs, except for Chekov. He's in a Klingon chair.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Remember that the TOS Bridge Pack was given away for free late in the day on September 8th, 2016 as part of the 50th Anniversary.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns