test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

From the Desk of Starfleet Intelligence

2

Comments

  • giliongilion Member Posts: 663 Arc User
    ... I don't care what kind of well thought out technobabble you come up with to explain it, the spinning saucer section still looks stupid XD
    _____________________________________________________
    Anyone want to give me a Temporal Heavy Dreadnought pack? I'll be your friend :D
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 30,496 Arc User
    bulky ships in the range of 200-1600+ meters maneuvering around like fighters - or at least bombers in the case of the larger ones - looks stupid too, but star trek does that in spades​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    How Game Devs SHOULD be interacted with:
    http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/157238832062/i-remember-your-52080-rule-and-it-was-an-awesome

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"

    "Beware of dog. Or possibly, enhanced, psycho-addicted, cybernetically-enhanced nightstalker death-dealing dog from hell."
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.

    Stand with Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! #TASforSTO
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Never mind the Mirror Crossfield..I wanna know what cardinal sin Kyla Van Zyl committed to get busted down to Lieutenant..😁
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,339 Arc User
    edited March 19
    @shadowfang240 I'm sorry, I had to post. I just saw your sig for the first time, and my immediate thought was that a T6 TAS-style Connie's console would be the giant inflatable Connie decoy :wink:
    gilion wrote: »
    ... I don't care what kind of well thought out technobabble you come up with to explain it, the spinning saucer section still looks stupid XD

    I thought that mechanic looked ridiculous from the first time I saw it on screen... But, at least there's a technical reason for the bs.

    I wonder if Cryptic got that direct from the showrunners?
    UEZxkIV.png
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Well, that explains the patches to the Dyson Science Destroyers after all this time. The Crossfield will be pretty interesting with the mode switch ability.

    So much for T6 Dysons indeed. At least there won't be the inevitable disappointment with omitting the Romulan variants.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 36,309 Arc User
    It might wind up being the ship for the summer event. Probably not but maybe. Or maybe the next lockbox ship.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 9,637 Arc User
    "Threat Force Starship Assessment" calling it, great band name.
    2r2u1s2.jpg
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 30,496 Arc User
    alexhayden wrote: »
    Never mind the Mirror Crossfield..I wanna know what cardinal sin Kyla Van Zyl committed to get busted down to Lieutenant..😁

    probably just an error from the guy who wrote the blog not realizing vanzyl is supposed to be a lieutenant commander​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    How Game Devs SHOULD be interacted with:
    http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/157238832062/i-remember-your-52080-rule-and-it-was-an-awesome

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"

    "Beware of dog. Or possibly, enhanced, psycho-addicted, cybernetically-enhanced nightstalker death-dealing dog from hell."
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.

    Stand with Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! #TASforSTO
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,339 Arc User
    alexhayden wrote: »
    Never mind the Mirror Crossfield..I wanna know what cardinal sin Kyla Van Zyl committed to get busted down to Lieutenant..😁

    Might have something to do with her being taken over by the Bluegills back in the day? Although I recall that not being her fault... But still a massive slip-up for a so-called intelligence specialist.
    UEZxkIV.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 4,734 Arc User
    edited March 19
    In my opinion, more ships, especially Mirror Universe ships, are always welcome. We can never have too many ships in this game. I just hope it comes with an MU themed Crossfield interior.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    Assuming this won’t have a spore drive, please say this is c-store and has a 2410 skin
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    In my opinion, more ships, especially Mirror Universe ships, are always welcome. We can never have too many ships in this game. I just hope it comes with an MU themed Crossfield interior.

    It's already done. They put out the bridge with the last patch, for use with the two other mirror disco ships. It's actually pretty nice looking, although the crew is a mix of old and new unis and the ops station guy is floating a foot above his chair.

  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 1,745 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    In my opinion, more ships, especially Mirror Universe ships, are always welcome. We can never have too many ships in this game. I just hope it comes with an MU themed Crossfield interior.

    It's already done. They put out the bridge with the last patch, for use with the two other mirror disco ships. It's actually pretty nice looking, although the crew is a mix of old and new unis and the ops station guy is floating a foot above his chair.

    True, still i like it.. also, what update to the destroyers?? there was an update??, perhaps a T6 in the near future???
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Nice.. an R&D ship that I don't care about.

    Time to sit back and watch others dump unreal amounts of money allowing me to continue to play for free.

    Sounds good to me!
    wDYkQHL.jpg

    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Well, that explains the patches to the Dyson Science Destroyers after all this time. The Crossfield will be pretty interesting with the mode switch ability.

    So much for T6 Dysons indeed. At least there won't be the inevitable disappointment with omitting the Romulan variants.

    Maybe they'll have realised the moderate amount of hype the fix garnered and have started plans for it anyway? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws.


    Semi-related: Now is a good enough time as any to point out that every single ship transformation/separation mechanic is still broken because they never actually give an increase/decrease to impulse flight speed. I expect this to be fixed for the new golden-boy ship release, so that will be fun.
  • predking669predking669 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 20
    This should be interesting to say the least...
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 937 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if a set bonus appears, from equipping consoles from both Crossfield classes.

    Are you talking about crossing the Crossfields' fields? That's madness!

    Crossing the Crossfields is bad.
    Hoping for 25th Century shuttles since 2010 :)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,604 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if a set bonus appears, from equipping consoles from both Crossfield classes.

    Are you talking about crossing the Crossfields' fields? That's madness!

    Crossing the Crossfields is bad.

    Criss-Crossed Crossfields?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 3,230 Arc User
    Nice.. an R&D ship that I don't care about.

    Time to sit back and watch others dump unreal amounts of money allowing me to continue to play for free.

    Sounds good to me!

    *nod nod*

    Cookie?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 1,745 Arc User
    > @smokebailey said:
    > seaofsorrows wrote: »
    >
    > Nice.. an R&D ship that I don't care about.
    >
    > Time to sit back and watch others dump unreal amounts of money allowing me to continue to play for free.
    >
    > Sounds good to me!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > *nod nod*
    >
    > Cookie?

    Didnt like it at first, but it grow on me.. lets see how it will be available.. already have a char ready for it :blush:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Didnt like it at first, but it grow on me.. lets see how it will be available.. already have a char ready for it :blush:

    I like the ship, just not enough to open R&D Boxes to get it.

    If it was C-Store, I would strongly consider it.. but I think we all know it's going to be a game box ship. :lol:
    wDYkQHL.jpg

    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    Mixed feelings about this. Firstly want to see what the method of obtaining it will be (although agree it seems likely it'll be R&D promo).

    However, am MORE interested in the DSC-era Constitution, so more tempted to wait and see what they do with that.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

    Other than the TOS ships (which are a special case), all the R&D ships are unique, so getting a reskin of a previously released ship seems disappointing for such a expensive ship, imo, even with the Dyson transformation gimmick included.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    gilion wrote: »
    ... I don't care what kind of well thought out technobabble you come up with to explain it, the spinning saucer section still looks stupid XD

    I guess they had to do anything to sell this ship since looks like the most ugliest ever conceived in Trek history.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    Since there is no 'stats' thread yet, I'll ask this question here for the time being:

    @ambassadorkael#6946 - could you please clarfiy whether the Mirror Crossfield will this ship use the same 'spore jump' transwarp animation as it's Lock box counterpart, the 'Spearhead' Crossfield?
    And will it share the spore jump animation when using the Lorca Maneuver console ability (from the Spearhead), if one were to equip said console on this ship?
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,202 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

    Interesting re-use of the Dyson Destroyer mechanics. Might be a better implementation, but of course, Experimental Weapons didn't exist when the Dyson Destroyers appeared on the scene.

    I hope this mean there is some hope for a Dyson Destroyer T6 upgrade. (After the Nova, I know.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

    Interesting re-use of the Dyson Destroyer mechanics. Might be a better implementation, but of course, Experimental Weapons didn't exist when the Dyson Destroyers appeared on the scene.

    I hope this mean there is some hope for a Dyson Destroyer T6 upgrade. (After the Nova, I know.)

    I'm sorely tempted to obtain this ship and attempt a Science-Tactical hybrid build.

    And forget the Nova. Everyone is sick of me moaning about that and it seems painfully obvious that it isn't happening any time soon.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    jaturnley wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    In my opinion, more ships, especially Mirror Universe ships, are always welcome. We can never have too many ships in this game. I just hope it comes with an MU themed Crossfield interior.

    It's already done. They put out the bridge with the last patch, for use with the two other mirror disco ships. It's actually pretty nice looking, although the crew is a mix of old and new unis and the ops station guy is floating a foot above his chair.

    True, still i like it.. also, what update to the destroyers?? there was an update??, perhaps a T6 in the near future???

    Check last week's patch notes for the Dyson update. It's actually pretty much a nerf - some stuff that was supposed to be disabled in tac mode wasn't happening (or, ya know, they just changed their minds on those).

    There's always hope for a T6 update to the few remaining ships that haven't gotten one, but as always I would not get my hopes up (I am personally rooting for a T6 Patrol Escort with a fixed experimental phaser cannon replacing the tail gun). It would be a major improvement for the Dyson ships to swap that fixed proton cannon for an experimental slot, though.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.