What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-2409 TNG series ground phasers

2»

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Thank you, reyan01! Now, folks, can we please stay on topic?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @theboxisred said:
    >
    > The uniform thing is just the tip of the iceberg, too, as you've indicated.
    >
    > Just think of all the damage that could be avoided for these popular franchises if they were to use the fan base as a resource instead of treating them as a scourge.
    >
    > Let's say you, as a studio, run a contest; Sort of a fan trivia kind of thing. Use the four "winners" as consultants for certain things for a minor fee. Say $500.00. Fans would jump on that. It would make the studio look great. Discovery would have good looking uniforms. Rey would have training. The Doctor wouldn't be a hater-baiter. I haven't seen Captain Marvel for myself so I'll refrain from speculating there.
    >
    > I guess $2000.00 is too expensive, though. Better to pay off a web site, movie critics, and to reserve a whole mess of theater seats.

Excuse me, but... what❓

I see no problem whatsoever with anything on your list but the DSC uniforms and I have no idea where the 2000 moneys come from you mentioned.

Fan opinion is as diverse as it can get, it's not a close knit community. Nemesis was written by a "huge fan" and that was a complete train wreck.

See, this is why I should stay away from forums when I'm tired.

I managed to leave out the part where four fans would win the consulting gig at $500.00 each, thus the $2000.00 number.

Coffee is my friend. I should drink more.

Do you really think the studio didn't interfere with the Huge Fan Plan? Or perhaps set out parameters for said Plan before the writing commenced?
  • Options
    Killing it? No. Not even in the good way when a comedian describes a successful set.

Damaging it? You bet!

"First woman in charge! What? Oh... First black person in charge! What? Oh... First black woman in charge!
    I'm off to lunch, but if we need to change published article again you can reach me on my cell."

How about, "The Klingons are stand-ins for Trump supporters."

No damage at all.

Now where do I get the Stay On Topic button that I can jab into my head? I keep catching myself going astray.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Perhaps a bigger sign is necessary...

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    reyan01 wrote: »
    3222cb61ed9f38e52dd30dd0200257d0.jpg

Can we rewrite Trek to remove 2 and 5 from the pistols and 1 and 3 from the rifles? In fact, with pistol 4 and the DSC and Kelvin phasers we can dump 1 as well.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    3222cb61ed9f38e52dd30dd0200257d0.jpg

If the Type II Number 4 is in the game please point me in the right direction. I have yet to see it.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Its not yet. That's one that was requested in this thread.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Perhaps a bigger sign is necessary...

Qsn3vFp.png

Perhaps a flashing tattoo inside my eyelids accompanied by electric shocks! :)

• Options
    The type-IIs are all in the game (save for the Dustbuster, number 5) but unfortunately locked to Tier 1 weapons and there is njo way to keep the visuals. I hope at some point the ground weapons get an overhaul with improved models and a system to customize them, including keeping the base visuals.​​

@rattler2
    I quoted the wrong post. This is what I was responding to.
  • Options
    thevaliant47304thevaliant47304 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Really, a constructive suggestion is, if a uniform type is introduced to game, include a pistol and rifle of that uniform era/style. The weapons are as much a part of the 'uniform' as a comm. badge or rank. Heck, in TNG Yesterdays Enterprise, the phasers were part of the uniform design thus the belts.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    while we're talking about pistols. I wish a bunch of the ones listed would be Compression Style or the style of the TWOK one from the Lobi Store.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @theboxisred said:
    > @rattler2
    > I quoted the wrong post. This is what I was responding to.

I was mistaken, I assumed it was the Lobi weapon.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    > @theboxisred said:
    > @rattler2
    > I quoted the wrong post. This is what I was responding to.

I was mistaken, I assumed it was the Lobi weapon.

Damn. I was hoping I had missed something.
  • Options
    I can't believe I forgot that Kirk shot a klingon in Star Trek III with a Type-2 phaser. Here is the scene:
    https://youtu.be/fQYUjVMOgtU?t=2m12s

If it were up to me this weapon would have Knock Back built in, but only in secondary fire mode and with that visual effect on the Knock Back. Primary fire mode could be a standard beam.

Lobi store purchase, I think.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Stun pistol with knockback? I like...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.