test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Torpedo?

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,888 Arc User
What do you think is the best torpedo to use on the Crossfield-class Science Vanguard ship to properly emulate the Discovery's torpedos from the TV show?

Comments

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 12
    There's the prototype photon from the AoD tutorial which is spot on. The AoY photons you can grab at K-13 are pretty close if you don't have access to those.

Edit: I tell a lie: You can get uncommon rarity Disco torps from "Secrets" in the Age of Discovery mission arc, not the tutorial. I've got a couple of unbound Mk II Uncommons in the bank from there, message me your @ if you want them.
    Post edited by irm1963 on
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,340 Arc User
    Prototype Photon from the Tutorial and/or Kelvin are the ones I use...

heaven_s_tears_by_kurumi_morishita_dc2vdzv-fullview.jpg

"We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    I want a green version of these for the Klingons,... like in the show.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 8,973 Arc User
    edited February 12
    corelogik wrote: »
    I want a green version of these for the Klingons,... like in the show.

There are green photons in the 8472 Rep, either the rep project one (Heavy Bio-Molecular) or more generic store versions in the rep store. I'm not sure how the sound effects for Klingon torpedoes are in Disco, but these 8472 torps probably don't sound like them.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 46,000 Arc User
    Lukari rep Photon torpedos are green as well.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Nausicaan set torpedo would do as well for the klinks, HY looks a lot like that big one the Sarcophagus knocks a hole in the Shenzou with (and the set's Disruptor damage bonus is pretty nice) .
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    The Discovery torps (at least in the series) look like large ball of electricity/lightning with a green color, while I don't think there's any torp that are the exact match there's plenty of green torps using the classic photon torp shape and sounds.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 3,554 Arc User
    My Disco toon kept her prototype one and is using it. It upgraded from green to epic before it hit Mk X. While she doesn't have any Disco ships save the Walker she's been using since appearing in the STO universe, she's still keeping it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.

Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.

xp8s7wd.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,173 Arc User
    My Crossfield uses the Terran Phaser Energy Torp fore. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 8,678 Arc User
    > @echatty said:
    > My Disco toon kept her prototype one and is using it. It upgraded from green to epic before it hit Mk X. While she doesn't have any Disco ships save the Walker she's been using since appearing in the STO universe, she's still keeping it.

Mine got stuck on Rare, now I'm waiting to upgrade it any more until I have an Ultimate Upgrade.
    #TASinSTO
    #IStandWithCBS
    Bring on Discovery season 2 and Age of Discovery.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 3,554 Arc User
    Can't blame you there. I think I got lucky myself.
    Now a LTS and loving it.

Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.

xp8s7wd.jpg
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,888 Arc User
    Thank you all I redid the mission for the torpedo. I appreciate the help and offers.
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    The new C Store ships come with the blue ones, sadly also the Kling ships
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 7,960 Arc User
    Just know that the Kelvin Photon is the fastest in the game with a 4.5 second recharge time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,888 Arc User
    I love the Kelvin torpedo.