test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did I hear right warship voyager

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    To be honest Warship Voyager is to exact sort of thing the Terran Empire would do. A lot of peeps have commented that it was basically a MU-lite episode where you have evil version that aren't actually MIRROR versions. So a Terran Empire ship that has a "strong resemblance" would be the obvious solution I think.

Exactly! So lets arm the assault probes and get some coffee before the day ends. After all it the Starfleet way! LiJf02C.png

2xwwoezx0xa01.jpg
    tumblr_p3gnbacOPh1rzu2xzo2_540.gif

I mean come on this thing looks awesome! Nobody saying they need to add more weapon slots to it. Just change the hard points or give it a limited firing ability that has short firing burst volley from those gigantic phaser cannons. Alternatively it could just be costume. But either way I'd like to see it one day.

Shame they never got a chance to do MU TNG episode. Least we got good comic of one though (haven't read it so no spoilers please).​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    > @terranempire#7881 said:
    > markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    > To be honest Warship Voyager is to exact sort of thing the Terran Empire would do. A lot of peeps have commented that it was basically a MU-lite episode where you have evil version that aren't actually MIRROR versions. So a Terran Empire ship that has a "strong resemblance" would be the obvious solution I think.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exactly! So lets arm the assault probes and get some coffee before the day ends. After all it the Starfleet way!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I mean come on this thing looks awesome! Nobody saying they need to add more weapon slots to it. Just change the hard points or give it a limited firing ability that has short firing burst volley from those gigantic phaser cannons. Alternatively it could just be costume. But either way I'd like to see it one day.
    >
    > Shame they never got a chance to do MU TNG episode. Least we got good comic of one though (haven't read it so no spoilers please).​​

I love it, I got a little excited soon as I heard it mentioned. I’ve said before a ship skin and the phaser cannons could be for a dual blast phaser lance. I don’t wanna wait a couple of years I want it now lol
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    What I don't remember about Warship Voyager is however if it was part of an aborted timeline and the recording could never possibly make it back to anyone in Starfleet.

Basically, some random Alien race had an encounter with Voyager that was then misrepresented in their history books. Long after that, a member of their race managed to activate a copy of the Doctor, who proceeded to explain how things actually happened during their encounter with Voyager. Most of the misrepresentations in their history were about Voyager itself, which was remembered as having a crew closer to the Terran Empire in personality and a weapons compliment that would make the Galactic Empire proud.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »

Nothing at all about the Kelvin Timeline ships looks out of place.

They're freaking huge! Ugly big nacelles that look like obese whales on drugs. It makes the Enterprise D look like a shorter abnormal cousin and it is 100 years ahead of time... >_<

new-enterprise-size-comparison-chart-2.jpg

jj_enterprise_wip_by_edxcal.png

JJ D would need to be twice the size of D'deridex and Imperial-Class Star Destroyer combined to dwarf it. When I say it looks out of place I am not exaggerating it. But people like space barbie and I am not going to tell them no. They can fly what they want.​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    new-enterprise-size-comparison-chart-2.jpg

jj_enterprise_wip_by_edxcal.png

JJ D would need to be twice the size of D'deridex and Imperial-Class Star Destroyer combined to dwarf it. When I say it looks out of place I am not exaggerating it. But people like space barbie and I am not going to tell them no. They can fly what they want.​​

I thought of a perfect fix a long time ago, a new visual equipment slot that takes items obtained from Q that adjust the size of your ship. At least three options would be good: Connie size, Galaxy size, and Universe size. Then we could have fun things like a TOS Connie the size of the JJPrise, a JJPrise the size of the TOS Connie, a Universe class the size of a Connie, etc, with a reasonable explanation of "Q did it"
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    having a crew closer to the Terran Empire in personality and a weapons compliment that would make the Galactic Empire proud.

lJIz6V5.gif​​
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The only reason they upscaled the Kelvin Connie was for that stupid shuttlebay scene. After that she was a lot smaller.

There's one thing that was left out of that scale chart.
    monsterprise.jpg
    Scaling her to 366 meters removes almost ALL inconsisitancies of physical details other than the anomalous shuttlebay scene.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    No they do not look out of place at all.

X035o.gif​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    To be honest Warship Voyager is to exact sort of thing the Terran Empire would do. A lot of peeps have commented that it was basically a MU-lite episode where you have evil version that aren't actually MIRROR versions. So a Terran Empire ship that has a "strong resemblance" would be the obvious solution I think.
    Exactly! So lets arm the assault probes and get some coffee before the day ends. After all it the Starfleet way! LiJf02C.png
    2xwwoezx0xa01.jpg
    tumblr_p3gnbacOPh1rzu2xzo2_540.gif
    I mean come on this thing looks awesome! Nobody saying they need to add more weapon slots to it. Just change the hard points or give it a limited firing ability that has short firing burst volley from those gigantic phaser cannons. Alternatively it could just be costume. But either way I'd like to see it one day.

Shame they never got a chance to do MU TNG episode. Least we got good comic of one though (haven't read it so no spoilers please).​​
    I read a novel once... the plot was surprisingly similar to the Mirror event in STO...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > terranempire#7881 wrote: »
    >
    > markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    > To be honest Warship Voyager is to exact sort of thing the Terran Empire would do. A lot of peeps have commented that it was basically a MU-lite episode where you have evil version that aren't actually MIRROR versions. So a Terran Empire ship that has a "strong resemblance" would be the obvious solution I think.
    >
    >
    >
    > Exactly! So lets arm the assault probes and get some coffee before the day ends. After all it the Starfleet way!
    >
    >
    > I mean come on this thing looks awesome! Nobody saying they need to add more weapon slots to it. Just change the hard points or give it a limited firing ability that has short firing burst volley from those gigantic phaser cannons. Alternatively it could just be costume. But either way I'd like to see it one day.
    >
    > Shame they never got a chance to do MU TNG episode. Least we got good comic of one though (haven't read it so no spoilers please).​​
    >
    >
    >
    > I read a novel once... the plot was surprisingly similar to the Mirror event in STO...

Was that the one where the entire population of Romulus committed suicide rather than surrender to the Terrans?
  • Options
    Was that the one where the entire population of Romulus committed suicide rather than surrender to the Terrans?
    What i remember most was the crew of the Ent-d fighting their Mirror duplicates.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Blah, blah, I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things they'll eventually get around to.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Ok, folks, let's get this back on topic, please. Thanks.

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Blah, blah, I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things they'll eventually get around to.

Doubt it. Especially when a lot of people have said "show us a tier 6 nova, we will show you the $$$".

Myself included.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Blah, blah, I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things they'll eventually get around to.

Doubt it. Especially when a lot of people have said "show us a tier 6 nova, we will show you the $$$".

Myself included.
    So? that proves nothing. Why? because it's true of literally every single ship ever seen in Star Trek.

Personally I have a fondness for the designs in TAS. But I don't whine about how "the devs hate them".

Granted there is a PRACTICAL reason for this, they'd be more difficult to actually build, but that doesn't change whether they'd be awesome to fly. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > > @markhawkman said:
    > > Blah, blah, I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things they'll eventually get around to.
    >
    > Doubt it. Especially when a lot of people have said "show us a tier 6 nova, we will show you the $$$".
    >
    > Myself included.
    >
    >
    >
    > So? that proves nothing. Why? because it's true of literally every single ship ever seen in Star Trek.
    >
    > Personally I have a fondness for the designs in TAS. But I don't whine about how "the devs hate them".
    >
    > Granted there is a PRACTICAL reason for this, they'd be more difficult to actually build, but that doesn't change whether they'd be awesome to fly. :p

When did I say the Devs hate the Nova?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @markhawkman said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > > @markhawkman said:
    > > Blah, blah, I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things they'll eventually get around to.
    >
    > Doubt it. Especially when a lot of people have said "show us a tier 6 nova, we will show you the $$$".
    >
    > Myself included.
    >
    > So? that proves nothing. Why? because it's true of literally every single ship ever seen in Star Trek.
    >
    > Personally I have a fondness for the designs in TAS. But I don't whine about how "the devs hate them".
    >
    > Granted there is a PRACTICAL reason for this, they'd be more difficult to actually build, but that doesn't change whether they'd be awesome to fly. :p

When did I say the Devs hate the Nova?
    When did I say you did?

What's that? You say "it was implied by blah blah..." Meh, same to you. You say:
    What reasonable conclusion is there as to why this would be the case? I'm sure there's more than one possible reason why it hasn't been done "yet", but "never"?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Yeah, still off topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Yeah, still off topic.

giphy.gif

You tell them moon. :D​​
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    > @tyler002 said:
    > A playable Warship Voyager would have to be toned down considerably to be useable, the original was a caricature of a warship made by people with little accurate knowledge of their own past and a bigger interest in scapegoating someone else for their own crimes than accuracy or common sense.

Let me start off by saying I'm opposed to Warship Voyager for several reasons. It being a ship that was never real even in the context of the fictional world it is from. It being from a time in the future even to STO, as Voyager's visit to the planet in Living Witness had been 700 years earlier, making the episode take place in the 31st century. The end of episode wrap up indicates that it was many more years before the Doctor's back up copy departed the planet for Earth. There are other reasons, but I digress.

None of those are insurmountable difficulties, the Temporal Starfleet could have obtained the specifications of the simulated vessel for instance. The same goes for the armament factor. In Nemesis the Scimitar's weaponry:

52 pulse disruptor cannons;
    27 photon torpedo launchers;
    thalaron cascading biogenic pulse weapon
    Defenses:
    Primary and secondary shields;
    Superior Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak (they weren't limited to only firing torps), & Shields stay up while cloaked.

Now is the in-game Scimitar armed like that?

PS, Irony, I hate both ships.

I wish my in game Scimy had all those weapon points. <3
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @terranempire#7881
    >
    > Yeah sure because your entirely subjective opinion that only matters to you makes you the arbiter of reality, oh thats right, it doesn't.

Relax it was a joke. Ease up on the hostility. I know we don't always agree but this is ridiculous. "Let it Go!" ♪♫♬
    let-it-go-6dxadi.jpg​​
  • Options
    Sorry if you felt that way. As I said you like things I probably don't and vice versa. No hard feelings.​​
  • Options
    potasssiumpotasssium Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind it as a MU NPC Ship like Donatra's Borg Scimitar.

However if they took the T6 Pathfinder and made 2 more variants to have it's own 3pc set, nothing stopping at Micro Quantum Torpedo ability like the Romulan T6 T'varo has, maybe as the complete set bonus. Let it use the other Voyager consoles too. Heck you want to load yourself down with ship specific consoles go ahead and have a Ablative Plated Torpedo Boat.

How about a Quantum Split Console to reflect the episode the Voyager quantum cloned and the Harry from one ship was the only survivor who replaced the Harry who died on the other ship. Just a lesser mainheim effect type ability.

That is what I do with my T6 Yamato for funnzies. Every Galaxy & Galaxy-X console. In all fairness that Captain's main ship is a T6 Fleet Nebula, so Yamato for silliness.
    Thanks for the Advanced Light Cruiser, Allied Escort Bundles, Jem-Hadar Light Battlecruiser, and Mek'leth
    New Content Wishlist
    T6 updates for the Kamarag & Vor'Cha
    Heavy Cruiser & a Movie Era Style AoY Utility Cruiser
    Dahar Master Jacket

• Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    > @potasssium said:
    > I wouldn't mind it as a MU NPC Ship like Donatra's Borg Scimitar.
    >
    > However if they took the T6 Pathfinder and made 2 more variants to have it's own 3pc set, nothing stopping at Micro Quantum Torpedo ability like the Romulan T6 T'varo has, maybe as the complete set bonus. Let it use the other Voyager consoles too. Heck you want to load yourself down with ship specific consoles go ahead and have a Ablative Plated Torpedo Boat.
    >
    > How about a Quantum Split Console to reflect the episode the Voyager quantum cloned and the Harry from one ship was the only survivor who replaced the Harry who died on the other ship. Just a lesser mainheim effect type ability.
    >
    > That is what I do with my T6 Yamato for funnzies. Every Galaxy & Galaxy-X console. In all fairness that Captain's main ship is a T6 Fleet Nebula, so Yamato for silliness.

I love that idea and a 3 piece set of new variants
  • Options
    potasssiumpotasssium Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Another way to look at it, would be kind of like how the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer & Battle cruiser are.

Call this the MU Pathmaker Science Destroyer. The Warship Voyager could be a Destroyer, lose the Subsystem Targeting, keep the SA, and the Experimental Weapon Slot could be the similar, more active, but less powerful, for a similar Damage/Time, or even an Experimental Omni-Directional Torpedo launcher. However I wouldn't give it access to Dual Cannons. So 3/3 on weapon slots, plus the Experimental Weapon Slot.

Memory Alpha mentions Biogenic Weapons, so maybe have it unlock proper Starfleet colored Bio-Molecular Phasers. The Omni-Directional Torpedo ought to be Bio-molecular as well.

Let it use the Pathfinder 3pc set, like how the Galaxy-X & Yamato can use the Galaxy & Andromeda consoles.

Maybe make a different 2pc set from the Experimental Weapon and a Phaser based version of the Polymorphic Probe Array Universal Console.

Boff abilities should cover the rest.
    Thanks for the Advanced Light Cruiser, Allied Escort Bundles, Jem-Hadar Light Battlecruiser, and Mek'leth
    New Content Wishlist
    T6 updates for the Kamarag & Vor'Cha
    Heavy Cruiser & a Movie Era Style AoY Utility Cruiser
    Dahar Master Jacket