test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Triton Class Temporal Heavy Destroyer (23c AoY Veteran Ship)

Hello fellow Captains!

I'm a huge fan of STO's take on the 23c and I'd love to see a 23c Vet Ship variant. Now I know the chances of this are pretty much non-existent, so this is just a little bit of fun theory crafting while I wait for the work day to end. I can picture it looking similar to the Ranger Class but with 3 nacelles, no lower hull and maybe a more beefy saucer like the Gemini. Just imagine it going into Tactical Mode, extending some golden dish looking retro turrets on the top of the saucer, ready to blast blue beams of retro goodness. Pew-Pew!!

Yes I know about the Chimera/Manticore ... but a Captain can dream!

Triton Class Temporal Heavy Destroyer
5kiyEHO.png
My first time Microsoft Paint experience! It's not the best looking model, but it at least gives a better idea of the design.
Hey all my old posts are gone! :/

Comments

• Options
    trekthestarstrekthestars Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    This is just for fun, thanks for the reply! Fun fact for you https://sto.gamepedia.com/Design_the_Next_Enterprise

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Yes, he's aware of the Design the Next Enterprise contest. It's because of how that turned out as to why he's saying there will be no more fan made designs. Neat design, though.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I honestly don't like the third nacelle. Probably would be better to use the Atlas double nacelles or have four seperate on the side, a bit like Star Trek Legacy's Proxima class.
    AtlasP.png
    latest?cb=20130617225518
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yes, he's aware of the Design the Next Enterprise contest. It's because of how that turned out as to why he's saying there will be no more fan made designs. Neat design, though.

Haha ... you'll get no argument from me. Thank you for the kind words :)

rattler2 wrote: »
    I honestly don't like the third nacelle. Probably would be better to use the Atlas double nacelles or have four seperate on the side, a bit like Star Trek Legacy's Proxima class.

It's funny that you mentioned the Atlas. I really wanted to use that design. It would make a great predecessor to the Chimera/Manticore. I just figured it would get some hate because the Atlas is so rare.

This was what I was thinking, an Atlas without the hull and a deflector dish on the front.
    BkIrsLY.png
    LljKg7M.png
    Post edited by trekthestars on

• Options
    Well... I view the Atlas as the granddaddy of the Command Battlecruisers myself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    I just meant the nacelle style of the Atlas. They remind me or an early design of the Chimera.
    pQT5JPc.jpg
    BkIrsLY.png

• Options
    what do you mean "how that turned out"? I'm confused at the negative connotation. (I also wasn't here for that contest)

It was a bit of a legal nightmare getting the rights to the designs submitted by players I guess.
    I just meant the nacelle style of the Atlas. They remind me or an early design of the Chimera.

True... but also note the design, with the secondary hull, compared to the Concorde Command BC.
    8c0e57963874613b90c17f0742f4f0731423525335.png
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... I view the Atlas as the granddaddy of the Command Battlecruisers myself.

I could see that since the Atlas is such an old model design, that both the destroyer an the command battlecruiser designs could have evolved out of the Atlas design, with maybe Atlas design being a test bed for the prototype of both.

Even though most likely any proposed ship designs would not be used, it would be fun to see something like the below design done. Mostly with the below design it looks quite different from other Federation designs, but that even with the unique design would not look to out of place in a federation fleet.

langleypolleo5.jpg
  • Options
    A TOS version of the Yamato that was seen in Klingon Academy and Starfleet Command 1 and 2.
  • Options
    One of my all time favorite Federation ships!

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Guaranteed no fan made design will be used for anything in this game.

Seriously, I love ppl's enthusiasm, but maybe this should become a F.C.T. even. Unless you apply for a job at Cryptic, and get hired, Cryptic will never use anything you submit. They're not being jerks per se, but it's simply legally undoable: way too many risks for Cryptic, really, what with ppl suddenly deciding to claim royalties, after a while, or the design itself already violating CB's IP rights somehow, etc.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > A TOS version of the Yamato that was seen in Klingon Academy and Starfleet Command 1 and 2.

And it was one fun ship Along with the Akula.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    Agreed. Both the Akula and Yamato were nice. I also liked the Lexington class from Klingon Academy.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Lexington!

So just to clear things up, I was not trying to submit a design. I just wanted to have some fun imagining what a 23c version "could" look like. I was hoping some of the TOS fans out there would toss their ideas in the mix. I figure, if there is enough support and demand for such a ship, maybe Cryptic would consider creating something. I just made that model to show what I was describing what I'd imagine it'd look like, using their models.

This was just meant to be fun and pass the time, while I waited to head home, along with getting to know some Captains :p

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

what happened on this I must have missed something
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    You know, if you own the Gemini-class, you can use that as the skin for a Sagittarius-class temporal cruiser. (I prefer my Ranger-skinned Paladin-class temporal battleship, the Time Bandit, but to each their own... :smile: )
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Pretty certain there was a three nacelle dreadnaught in the old Starfleet Technical Manual. Not certain if any of that old stuff is considered canon by the powers that be.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    arliekkos wrote: »
    Pretty certain there was a three nacelle dreadnaught in the old Starfleet Technical Manual. Not certain if any of that old stuff is considered canon by the powers that be.

Federation class. It's a Franz Josef design which runs under a different license and is probably off-limits.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    To bad it looks way to much like the Gemini class.

23c did they really need a destoyer back then though? you know before starfleet decided bugger the whole exploration thing we can make warships that do that to but we never admit to it in the 25c.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Pretty sure Starfleet was more militaristic back in the 23c, when the Klingons were still a major enemy. Starfleet was much less complacent back then.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    I would be happy with just a TOS skin for the existing Manticore. Make it available to TOS characters only.
  • Options
    I'd support the idea by the way, I think I didn't comment on that before. I don't like the three-nacelle approach though, I'd say it would look quite similar to the Gemini but in transformation mode would maybe fuse the nacelles Atlas-style. It should absolutely keep the pot-belly of the chimera (love that!) and just TOSify the rest, with a cute deflector dish. I don't even have access to those ships but I actually like the design.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Ive been screaming for the sfc1 and 2 ships for year. The yomatto is a fantastic ship
  • Options
    > @kekvin said:
    > Ive been screaming for the sfc1 and 2 ships for year. The yomatto is a fantastic ship

Maybe but those belong to another company. Cryotic cannot use them. Likewise, Cryptic cannot use fan designs. Technically by designing a ship that'd be perfect and posting it here one makes sure it never can be used in STO xD
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    Haha maybe I should delete the first pic. I only thought about 3 nacelles cause we already have 2 and 4 variants. Was trying to think of something unique. Personally I'd prefer something that looked more like the Atlas but less bulky.

• Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Pretty sure a couple of sto designs are in st alien domain and theres a few ships like the apollo that have been used by mutiple game devlopers. Thomas said everything they make for sto belongs to cbs. It may be the same for other st games. Nothing is impossible.