test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Son'a Lockbox!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
As Season 13.5 hits next Tuesday, Captains on PC will get their hands on the ships of the Son'a!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10563734

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    In before all the drool over themselves posts.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Interesting. Waiting for stats. :)
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    af88a78260d818267cfe6b974fdf8b4feb651f6d2ffeecc43d6ca12a607cc7d5.jpg​​
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    hmmm ... I'm gonna pass on this one.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Son'a Command Science Vessel [T6] & Son'a Intel Battlecruiser [T6]...you couldn't come up with actual class names for the ships?

also, is it just me or does Repair Crews seem like a direct copy of Neutral Zone?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    But subspace weapons are banned under the second Khitomer Accord! Of course, so are Thalaron weapons...

(I'm not actually upset)
  • Options
    well, tricobalt weapons are subspace weapons, so...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Woah! I was expecting this to come AFTER the Tzenkethi one.

Been wanting these ships for a lo-ong time; here's hoping the battleship(or battlecruiser as you call it) stats are flexible enough for me to be able to work with.

Also pleased to see we're getting plasma - instead of antiproton or phasers. Plasma and tetryon are kind of hurting for more variety, relatively speaking.
  • Options
    ricky1#9531 ricky1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hello
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I'm kinda digging the Son'a uniforms.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Son'a Command Science Vessel [T6] & Son'a Intel Battlecruiser [T6]...you couldn't come up with actual class names for the ships?

also, is it just me or does Repair Crews seem like a direct copy of Neutral Zone?​​

not quite a direct copy but they are pretty much the same thing. I'm guessing this lockbox is pretty much filler.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Doesn't Neutral Zone give a damage bonus over time as opposed to a damage resistance bonus?

I really dig those ships, I may try to get the Intel Battlecruiser for the trait and look.
    The weapons look so not menacing though, but I wouldn't mind seeing water-spraying versions for the next Risa event.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Isolytic Plasma hmm. Tell me more!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    just an other box, this box is just as boring than the others. maybe the content of the future boxes could me more interesting
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Can someone tell why the Science ship got red lights on front side and white (well - yellow) at the rear? :p
  • Options
    laetexbunslaetexbuns Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Whomever is in charge of "fashion" for STO needs to be fired immediately!!
    syW94ht.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Oh, isn't this this the first Command-related Science Vessel?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    laetexbuns wrote: »
    Whomever is in charge of "fashion" for STO needs to be fired immediately!!
    Except the uniform, drones and ships are from Insurrection. So if someone is to be blamed for the design, it's the responsibles for this abomination of a movie.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Let me guess. Each Ba'ku cadre has a tiny chance of rewarding a Son'a collector ship. And as usual this one will be the best of the three.
    latest?cb=20130219122125&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    The ships look nice. I'm not impressed with the kit modules though.

• Options
    cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    because "content"
    XD
  • Options
    benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    predictable... not impressed, never liked the Son'a.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    just an other box, this box is just as boring than the others. maybe the content of the future boxes could me more interesting

Without actually telling them what you find boring or interesting to put into the boxes, your post isn't really saying much. :(
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I'll admit given our current overall story arc I was expecting Tzenkethi ships as well. However, the INTEL Battlecruiser definitely interests me. Looking forward to the stats :) .
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Hmm, is it just me or does the Command Science ship kinda have a Kessok feel to it?
    gilion wrote: »
    Hmm, is it just me or does the Command Science ship kinda have a Kessok feel to it?

yep; same general silhouette

(couldn't find a better angle of either ship, but if you squint hard enough, you can see the similarities)
    Heavy.jpg

Son'a_destroyer.jpg​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    SON of A what box?

***Image taken down by author for PC purposes but you can imagine what "SON of" stands for tiger-2.gif​​
    Post edited by bubblegirl2015 on
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    But subspace weapons are banned under the second Khitomer Accord! Of course, so are Thalaron weapons...

(I'm not actually upset)

The Second Khitomer Accords were nullified with the Fed Klingon War we started in.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Command spec science vessel - YES PLEASE. !!!!

That is all.
    SulMatuul.png