test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why there are no TOS T6 ships ingame

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Perhaps you people are reading too much into the OP. Could have meant not seeing any of the TOS T6 Constitutions in the game (hence the 'in-game' term used).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The Pioneer and the non-playable D5 are the only TOS ships with no T6 version. All other TOS Fed, KDF, RSE, and KT ships have a T6 version.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    starkaos wrote: »
    staq16 wrote: »
    That means you could pay up to 7000Z for a "full" 23c ship - if you took the most expensive option of buying the T5 Ranger, T6 Paladin and TOS interior bundle - but it is at least an option.

Actually, you could do this with a Fleet 26th Century ship which doesn't require the C-Store, but a lot of Energy Credits through the Exchange for the Fleet Ship Modules and a 23rd Century ship. Of course, you would miss out on the console and the starship trait from the C-Store version of the 26th Century ship.

Well, I did say *could* - I was deliberately picking the most expensive option. As others have noted, bundles, fleet variants and giveaways make things much cheaper.

Anyway - personally I'd rather see Fed ships from the 22nd, 23rd and 26th centuries around ESD rather than the lockbox random-alien-ship spam. At least all of those look like Starfleet ships.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    The problem with the Connie is most of us that want them can't afford them, myself included.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    staq16 wrote: »

Anyway - personally I'd rather see Fed ships from the 22nd, 23rd and 26th centuries around ESD rather than the lockbox random-alien-ship spam. At least all of those look like Starfleet ships.

True - I sometimes wonder what game im playing as the ESD area is starting to look like some random lego variants on acid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Response to moderated post removed.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Kirk out!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Kirk out!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Aaaaand now we head straight for the lock. Great job, guys.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Holy Hell! I might as well have just deleted the whole second page of this thread! Alllllrighty then... Keep the PvP in-game and off the forums. Let's play nice, or I'll just shut it down next time.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    *Looks at thread OP, looks at Paladin with Ranger skin.*

Hmm.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Perhaps you people are reading too much into the OP. Could have meant not seeing any of the TOS T6 Constitutions in the game (hence the 'in-game' term used).

The OP meant (me) that visually there no TOS T6 ships but as a skin and those are temporal vessels. I looked but there are no light or heavy cruisers science or Constitution vessels and I find that to say the weird. they brought that era to life in game so the least they could build some ships for them from LTC to Admiral there basically no other ships then the temporal cruiser and lock box version you read that already 1% change to get them .... And yeah I bought the Paladin and convert it to the U.S.S. Ranger NCC 1750 but still it's just to little ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    gardat wrote: »
    *Looks at thread OP, looks at Paladin with Ranger skin.*

Hmm.

Yeah...been brought up already...but I guess that isn't a ToS ship. Some people seems to be under the mistaken impression that it's the connie or it's not ToS. You know, the same peole who seems to think ToS is the ONLY trek and that feddies are all that matters.

No Basicly I play klingon version but having 3 chars works faster on earning some cash so to speak and a little bit fun.... I mean my KDF Jem Hadar already did everything, Fed char is level 60 but still busy in the Delta Quadrant and last XP weekend I decided to level an TOS char, that's how I came with this post I miss out tons of stuff...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    neocatstarneocatstar Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    The problem with the Connie is most of us that want them can't afford them, myself included.

Thats for sure, id love to give James T Cat a T6 USS Kittyprize, sometimes it just wasnt meant to be. Given i have the JJ connie for the TOS toon i made, ill be content with that. Who knows, down the road i may get it...you as well.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I am not content with the JJ Constitution as its model hasn't been updated to match the new version in the latest Star Trek movie so I will not buy it. I really dislike the positioning of the nacelles, it just looks off to me.
This discussion has been closed.