test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which faction do you think is the best?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
Got Five Choices Federation, Romulan Republic, Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire and The Dominion.

Which faction do you think is the best? 66 votes

Federation
37%
garaks31captainoblivouspsyman87iamviperswhipbloodyrizlexusk19azrael605neos472tunebreakergradiitylermaxwellussdelphin2felix313evilmark444ioneonraigged0nomegadjf021rifledudestarsider64 25 votes
Romulan Republic
27%
jarvisandalfredlucianazetaarliekkosdragnridrgalaxiconcentaurianalpharsciwatomicbeethevampinatorbigasstokerdrakomagiscrooge69quackstarsjagdtier44ankylonbane1987jorantomalakstarlight#1300 18 votes
Klingon Empire
16%
nightkenikonn#1068where2r1crashdragonwazzgitletsfadeawaychastity1337trennanfreightstopperbonzodog01thekodanarmada#7342 11 votes
Romulan Star Empire
13%
coldnapalmdaboholicsmokeybacon90kitsunesnoutkodachikunocaptainpugwash1conkav22alcyoneserenemorguerage 9 votes
Dominion
4%
relicthiefmahes123telbasta7386 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Dominion
    Was always a big fan of the dominion, at least they're the most "interesting" bad guy faction we've come across so far, though hirogen are a close second.

As far as favorite faction I'd align myself with, probably the federation. I'm not big on the feds themselves, but they have the greatest number of diverse alien species in one group, and I like aliens =P
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Federation
    If I had to vote, I'd say federation, but "Best" is an extremely nebulous concept. Best in what way exactly?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    bonzodog01bonzodog01 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Klingon Empire
    Just started playing this game, started on Romulan Republic, enjoyed it, but don't like the ships. I have always found the Federation laughable, they are too clean, everything is white and blue, and moralistic in a universe where morals matter little to the majority of the races.

Started a Klingon, and just fell in love with the whole thing. The whole warrior ethic, and the ships...oh my god, those ships, just rock. I don't have to stick to principles or morals, its a case of kill em'all and let $DEITY sort 'em out.

Also cloaks rock. Saved my rear end more than a few times, and can give you an opening advantage in fights.
    XBox One - NFV Rylon - T6 Kolasi Siege Destroyer
    British Imperial Armada
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Alpha Quadrant Alliance
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Borg
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Federation has the most story missions. Romulans have the best story missions. Klingons ... look cool, I guess, but that's about it.

Lore-wise, the Dominion is pretty cool. I'd love to know more about their history.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    Federation
    I personally love the Federation. Most story arcs, good ships, and also the lore leading up to the events of 2409-2410.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Simple, it's the one one prefers.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Black bear!

Oh wait ... wrong IP

Uh, 23C Federation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Black bear!

Oh wait ... wrong IP

Uh, 23C Federation

Have to go with this one, myself. That TOS era goodness.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Ferengi Latinum Consortium.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Romulan Star Empire
    I voted the RSE, but I want to point out that I am voting for the canon RSE, not cryptic's caricature of moron cartoon villains RSE
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Did they add the RSE and Dominion as factions overnight that i missed? Blogs please.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Got Five Choices Federation, Romulan Republic, Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire and The Dominion.

None of the above. BORG is the BEST EVER!!!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Faulty poll since there is only one big federation.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    Down with the Federation....
    Anyways lore wise Klingon Empire, close tie with Romulan Star Empire.
    Game wise well you all know the state of the game, no point saying anymore on the subject.
  • Options
    kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Federation
    Federation ships look good some of the ship classes are down right beautiful however not all fed ships look good some could use a bit of redesigning to tone down the ugly factor. Federation has good morals. When other factions leaves someone to die and rot somewhere the Federation will most likely come to there aid if they can because there the good guys.

FOR THE FEDERATION!
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Federation has the most story missions. Romulans have the best story missions. Klingons ... look cool, I guess, but that's about it.
    Feds
    -5 tutorial missions
    -19 faction specific missions
    -83 cross faction missions
    Total = 107

Roms
    -4 tutorial missions
    -25 faction specific missions
    Total = 112

Klingons
    -7 tutorial missions
    -17 faction specific missions
    Total = 107

So actually, the Roms have the most missions, AND the best faction specific missions. Feds and Klinks are tied for # of story missions.

I really hope these numbers are right because this is a BOOKMARK and a post I plan to quote for years to come in certain, uh, threads, that talk about faction disparity and dev bias.

Thanks for the revelation!

:smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Romulan Star Empire
    add 6 more tutorial missions to the fed count :P thats all 23c is
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Klingon Empire
    The Klingon Empire of course. When one must choose. Choose the one that is always saving the galaxy, The Federation does nothing but cause problems. Granted they have a lot of ships. But they're all the same. Even I could redesign the same coffee table 1000 times.

While the Roms have more story. It all leaves you with that broke, disjointed feeling. Like the writers came up with a great idea, but just couldn't keep up the continuity.

The Klingons story arc has the best continuity and keeps everything focused on the Empire. While it is a little disjointed, each part is tied to Lore of the Empire, with some mentions of Romulan's and the Federation.

The Federation, has very few missions that are Federation based. Very few that leave feeling like you are a part of Starfleet or the Federation. All they really have is, "We are the Federation. Go forth and kill everything in your path." So the Federation story is more Klingon in style than even the Klingon's. Leaving them less like the Federation, and more like the Terran Empire.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Romulan Republic
    Well thing is romulus was destroyed, billions of lives most of the romulan race and heritage lost with Romulus. That basically created chaos and basaically allowed the Tal Shiar to turn into tyrants. Pretty Much the Romulan Star Empire was unable to Recover from this. With the Rise of the Romulan republic and New Romulus plus the disappearance of Sela basically crippled and dissolved much of what remained of the Romulan Star Empire. Yeah I do think they need to add a story arc system for each faction, giving them special missions for each one and not just Cross faction missions like they have been doing. They do need to show the effects of whats happened on each faction. Plus they need to expand on the Romulan Republic and add more Missions Involving the Republic. More Missions Involving Sela and for the republic should be done. Plus maybe new areas added to New Romulus Like bars, homes, Hotels, Allowing us to enter and explore the city the Remans built near the embassy.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Romulan Star Empire
    I voted the RSE, but I want to point out that I am voting for the canon RSE, not cryptic's caricature of moron cartoon villains RSE

^ This.

Also wanted to point out that Romulans (Romulan Star Empire) depicted in the ST series often consist of Military and/or Tal'Shiar, and used as villains, just like in STO. I still personally don't know enough about them as they feature so rarely in the series, but don't believe they should be treated as some stereotypical species where all members are the same, or have no future to change for the better. A great example of this comes from TNG episodes "Unification."

When you see us dressed in Tal'Shiar uniforms with I.R.W. designations (wherever Cryptic still permits it, mostly older ships and premium ships (eg. T'Laru)), it doesn't mean we're all necessarily role-playing evil self-serving characters.

Some (or many) simply reject the republican spin Cryptic has invented out of thin air to bend an entire species in completely illogical ways to how Romulans were portrayed (both Military and civilian) or how they could have developed in the future without betraying everything they stand for (ex. strong loyalty to their own kind, strong familial and state ties, deceptiveness, logic, passion and freedom of emotional expression, a certain degree of xenophobia, power through advanced technology, R&D, and intelligence gathering) to suit their STO story and to short-sell a 3rd 'faction' by making us pay/grind for an entirely new fraction without separate fleet facilities in addition to forcibly ally us to feds or KDF drawing yet another illogical divide in trying to team with other Romulans.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    Romulan Star Empire
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Is there much RSE in the game? I remember them briefly in the sela arc...but the villainous morons seems to be more the tal shiar. Anyways...I'm with you...I want the real romulans...the ones from the show.

They follow Sela who's entire CANON career is full of epic failure.... so.... morons.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    If I had to vote, I'd say federation, but "Best" is an extremely nebulous concept. Best in what way exactly?
    precisely
    Best as in most ships? Fed
    Best as in most interesting story? Roms

Spock.jpg