What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spacedock/First City/New Romulus! Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Don't mind me. I'll just be taking the Philidelphia to Starbase 39.

You're so sneaky. :p
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Hmm. Are those mysterious devices on ESD also anti-Iconian devices, or did I imagine that from somewhere? Should ESD have Iconians spawning on it?

Maybe I did. I'll start Iconian spawns on Spacedock.

@admiralnat Meant to tell you last week, I liked your Sarah/11 of 14 backstory. Does your Borg BOFF look like your Sarah BOFF?
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Actually, I don't have a Sarah boff, just 11 of 14, but yes, they do look alike, except that 11 of 14 has Borg implants and cuts her hair shorter. (To be honest, I'll probably make Sarah as a character of her own, as an alt, probably when AoY rolls out... somehow. ;) )

Oh, and the devices on ESD are only for anti-Undine. It may be possible that the Philadelphia may have had anti-Iconian devices on board earlier, but since The Alliance took the ship, those devices would be gone now. At least gone from any of your reaches. The Alliance will still have them, so if the admiral's loyalists betrayed him, The Alliance is screwed. :p​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    there were never any anti-iconian devices in this reality, the devices on ESD are anti-undine (except for the defector, who took a radioactive isotope to be immune, which cannot be replicated so do not try), and they are also anti-Borg. the undine defector/Kidna lied to the Reman cuz she figured he was not trustworthy; apparently i/it/he/she was correct.

however, the reality that i will soon introduce will not allow Q or iconians into it; let's keep this reality semi-sane.

also keep in mind that 5 IC days from now, Elihu must be in the mining barracks with a Kidna clone and Lydia must be on the Phili with counselor Vaughn, presumably commanding the ship. whether that happens in my new universe, or our "prime universe", i dont think it matters, but i would prefer to be able to return to our "prime" universe without worrying about your crazy admiral. my sub-plot has literally nothing to do with him or his alliance, and none of my characters care about his taking over the universe, not even The Infamous, who has his own plans to do so. without Q intervention on either side, The Infamous, his 10K ships, and the Zipporah would at least force a draw with your admiral's iconian/alliance forces. if your character talks to him, he would reasonably give him whatever he wants or allow him to take whatever he wants as longas you leave him alone and let him have a decent portion of the alpha and beta quadrants, namely a part of Romulan sectors.
  • Options
    Not sure if we should have Trek territories conquered or reality changed that it deviates too far from existing STO canon. Was hoping people would feel comfort in joining the RP from their existing knowledge of where we are in-game.
  • Options
    there were never any anti-iconian devices in this reality, the devices on ESD are anti-undine (except for the defector, who took a radioactive isotope to be immune, which cannot be replicated so do not try), and they are also anti-Borg. the undine defector/Kidna lied to the Reman cuz she figured he was not trustworthy; apparently i/it/he/she was correct.

I figured. Still, the admiral's allies are thorough.
    however, the reality that i will soon introduce will not allow Q or iconians into it; let's keep this reality semi-sane.

Seriously, the admiral going super-Q is literally for the purpose of sealing the Q away, while somebody else (I've planned them out already) is going to drive off The Alliance, and probably the admiral with them (his loyalists are gonna stay behind for reasons), making the reality sane anyways.
    also keep in mind that 5 IC days from now, Elihu must be in the mining barracks with a Kidna clone and Lydia must be on the Phili with counselor Vaughn, presumably commanding the ship. whether that happens in my new universe, or our "prime universe", i dont think it matters, but i would prefer to be able to return to our "prime" universe without worrying about your crazy admiral. my sub-plot has literally nothing to do with him or his alliance, and none of my characters care about his taking over the universe, not even The Infamous, who has his own plans to do so. without Q intervention on either side, The Infamous, his 10K ships, and the Zipporah would at least force a draw with your admiral's iconian/alliance forces. if your character talks to him, he would reasonably give him whatever he wants or allow him to take whatever he wants as longas you leave him alone and let him have a decent portion of the alpha and beta quadrants, namely a part of Romulan sectors.

Sadly, since The Alliance's Iconians are T'Kets, I think Romulan space is out of the question. T'Ket wants that too badly. The Alpha Quadrant? The Cardassians and limited Breen members want that. The Gamma Quadrant? Dominion. The Delta Quadrant, however? Be my guest.

That said, once The Alliance is fought off, they'll be in hiding for quite a while, probably going out to the Andromeda Galaxy to prepare another full scale invasion force. In the meanwhile, I'll have Sarah and a "new" (I won't spoil it) crew on some new ship doing stuff.

Of course, that'll all be already done 5 days from now. Lets try to avoid creating needless alternate realities, ok? :p
    Not sure if we should have Trek territories conquered or reality changed that it deviates too far from existing STO canon. Was hoping people would feel comfort in joining the RP from their existing knowledge of where we are in-game.

Meh, with The Alliance preparing in the Andromeda Galaxy, the galaxy territory will be safe. For now, anyway...​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• Options
    i only did what i did with the Q because you took my ship, thinking there were anti-iconian devices on it. if you'd asked me if that were true instead of just taking it, the Q would've never been introduced. like i said, you forced my hand because i needed to keep my Tali/Phili/Elihu story from becoming a Nat/Phili/T'Ket story. making a Super Q only further escalated things. i had planned to kill Qaazrus off anyway. I have other plans for Ra'Quella but like i said, it has nothing to do with your characters or your alliance as long as you stop trying to kidnap or kill people.
  • Options

I agree for the most part, though i dont think anyone else would be joining anyway, due to the number of pages they'd have to read (maybe its just me lol). Regarding conquered territories, we can say that no matter how much they try, The Infamous and Nat will fail at conquering anyone (hence why i introduced the anti-undine devices in the first place, to make ESD a "sane" place). The Infamous already has a great deal of worlds under his belt, though he does not rule them openly. He reigns behind the scenes, without anyone knowing, hence why he has so many ships at his disposal. But that can easily be written off as The Infamous being delusional, since he is quite insane anyway. we could also say that everyone things Sela is dead (as mentioned in one of my flash-forwards), but is actually on the run or something. I would still like to take on Toreth though, like we planned in the PM's, since she is not in STO as far as i know.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    i only did what i did with the Q because you took my ship, thinking there were anti-iconian devices on it. if you'd asked me if that were true instead of just taking it, the Q would've never been introduced. like i said, you forced my hand because i needed to keep my Tali/Phili/Elihu story from becoming a Nat/Phili/T'Ket story. making a Super Q only further escalated things. i had planned to kill Qaazrus off anyway. I have other plans for Ra'Quella but like i said, it has nothing to do with your characters or your alliance as long as you stop trying to kidnap or kill people.

Well you know, I did leave the Philadelphia adrift elsewhere so it could be easily reclaimed. B)

Also, Super-Q Nat and his buddies have all went off to the Andromeda Galaxy, so they'll be out of the way for now, aside from all the poor guys in the Andromeda Galaxy, since he'll probably take the whole Andromeda Galaxy over and build an armada larger than the entire Milky Way combined, but whatever. That's a story for his return later.

Now, the nearly thrown in U.S.S. Molly and the crew I've formulated there... please, don't mess around with them. I've got plans for them later. Just find a way to send them back to ESD (ship, crew, and all), and have Admiral Quinn make their ship-captain-crew thing I've set up official and send them out to explore the previously unknown "Natara expanse", where the Natara Dyson Sphere used to be.

Oh, and you mind letting the Herald Harbinger on the Firestorm take the ship itself back to The Alliance? You can let all your crew and everyone leave the ship first, just give the Herald the ship itself. They'll take it back to The Alliance, never to be seen again... for now, of course. :D​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    you stole my ship first lol, now you want me to just give it back to you? XD

i have an idea. in fact, i had it weeks ago but was not sure how everyone would take it.

since you are taking your mains to another galaxy, why dont you start a new thread for that. i want to start a new thread for JUST Phili stuff. we could use this thread as a "safe and sane" ESD ten-forward type of thing, for like inter-species summits, briefings/debriefings, first contact, R&R, and other things that dont involve too much battle. THAT WAY, if someone new wants to join the RP, they can join either of them, including this one because they wont need to read everything to know whats going on. they could just show up on ESD and mingle.

Also, when someone wants to leave one mission/section of space/thread to go to another one, they can just write their charies outta the one and then write them into the other. If someone wants to RP in all three (like i will), they can just make three charies. Jonah would stay here while I take the Phili to the other thread, which would be a mirror universe OR just another part of this "prime universe". But either way, it would, or could work, in that we'd have at least one thread safe from craziness - this one. I dont think we'd have to introduce the anti-iconian or anti-Q devices if we just agree not to bring them here.

And I've never seen any Trek or gotten to the part in STO where other galaxies are involved, so you'd have the advantage on me there. I wouldnt even know where to begin in that RP.

I am gonna wait for Hawku and Rattler to post IC before i post.

I also want to see what they think of my idea. I'm also in the process of making my own site, but proboards has changed over the last few years and i dont really know how to use it anymore. So if anyone wants to join that RP (which is a Prequel to this RP, telling the story of the original crew before the Tal'Shiar battle), or if you want to mod or design or something, PM me and let me know.
  • Options
    also Nat, does your post say you took the Firestorm out of the void? cuz that would be unfair even for SuperQNat. Even if he could do that, i suggest he dont. Lang made it so it self-destructs if anyone but him tries ANYTHING with it. Even Lang is afraid of accidentally blowing himself up lol

I'll send the Firestorm back to you when im done with it, IE when I'm sure my crew are safe.
  • Options
    Are separate threads really necessary, though? Besides, we wouldn't want to clutter up Ten Forward with tons of RP threads, and even then, the Andromeda Galaxy wouldn't have anyone but myself, and posting several hundred times in a row would probably break a rule or two. :D

Besides, only Nat and a few others are going back. I've got the rest of my characters all on that new ship, the U.S.S. Molly, who'll be running around doing whatever completely sane stuff here in the Milky Way.

Oh, and no, Super-Q-Nat didn't take the Firestorm; just 20 of the crew from Sarah's side. As for taking your ship, I did give it back pretty quickly, so couldn't you do the same? Don't worry, feel free to get your crew off the ship before the Herald calls in more Heralds, disconnects the self destruct systems before they can go off, then takes the ship back. :D​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    im pretty sure the Heralds wouldnt stand a chance against two Q. like i said, i dont want your OP ship, but there has to be an IC SL reason for the Q to "send it back," and i know your character is not going to politely ask for it back or promise not to be insane, so that leaves the magnanimous decision to send it back, or at least take it out of the void, which could realistically happen since almost none of my characters are evil or crazy enough to keep it, except for The Infamous, but he doesnt have access to it, and he'd rather have my ship for the roll-bar (yes, he is crazy enough to choose a cool-looking roll-bar over an OP ship like yours XD )

i will send your ship back in my next post, but i will have to write the crew off it realistically and give them a realistic reason to send it back.

Oh and i agree with you on the separate thread thing, at least where your character is concerned. But i will probably still make another one eventually as long as i know there will be one other person joining. But again, even your iconians and Fleet Admiral (and any Q you feel like taking over) would have to "behave" in the RP. In STO, each ship/character is directly proportional (within reason) to the missions they under-take and the enemies they fight. as far as i can tell, that was never the case, even in the beginning of the RP, because you had already planned to do all this to us, am i right?. the rest of us were, as far as i can tell, doing our own sub-plots and not trying to take over anything (I brought in The Infamous, a character I've had for 15 years, to rival yours; he didnt have or need a Q before i discovered you wanted my ship). In other words, the iconians combined with your ship are too powerful for our combined ships and characters and tech. I havent even discovered the iconians yet in STO because im not trying to get through the story. its boring to me. this one is more interesting. as long as the enemies arent OP.

so...IF you plan on coming back to our galaxy with your god-like characters, ships, and allies - especially if you want to conquer the Federation... i will have to make my own thread just to survive because your character, for some reason, wants me dead and wants my ship, even though i havent done anything to him, to my knowledge. I hope all this makes sense.

• Options
    Actually, they only took your ship before because the admiral figured Elihu would come back for it, and wanted Elihu because of his connections with SI, which had been slowly discovering The Alliance before they were ready to be discovered. They only took the Phili more recently to make sure they had no anti-Iconian devices on board. Now, they really don't care about Elihu or the ship.

And don't worry, The Alliance won't launch an all out invasion unless provoked, or until they've had the time to take over the entire Andromeda Galaxy, which even with their ridiculous power, will take a while. You know, because Nat doesn't want to have to use his powers until it's absolutely necessary for some reason, and the galaxy is pretty big. Like, if the RP continues on for several decades, then the invasion will come, but is that realistic? :p

Oh, and I won't be adding any new Q, since they're all gone, and the admiral doesn't want any new Q to worry about. Only Nat, Q junior (who'll just do his usual shenanigans like the winter event), and your 2 Qs remain, unless somebody else adds a new Q, but seriously people, don't do that. :D​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I have a Q character I use frequently in my fics, named Qu. He's kind of a hack, though, and is always trying different and crazy things to get him to proper Q-level. Before that, in my Phoenix-X series, I had a story arc where a rogue Q turned a bunch of mortals throughout the galaxy into half-Q's, and they all fought each other and shot energy beams and such.

For attacks to Spacedock, I think things like Iconians, Undine, etc. are okay once in a while, between calms. We deal with Iconian spawns in-game, on ground and in space, so it would be pretty much the same experiences, but in writing form. Calm-time is good, too, for character development.

RP-thread-wise, my initial thoughts were, that if Spacedock went well, I'd start threads for New Romulus and the First City.
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    I'm cool with those ideas Hawku. I believe that for the most part the ESD RP has gone well. But i still think ground-rules should be made. Even if Iconians, Undine, and Borg mysteriously show up on ESD in STO, they don't in the show, and I'm waaay more versed in the show than the game, which is why I am mostly against it, unless it happens sparingly. In fact, we could discuss events like that here to decide who, when, and where to bring in a major enemy like the undine or iconians.

Nat, It seems we have come to the consensus that your main and more powerful characters will be in another galaxy for awhile and not try to conquer us for awhile. good. that seriously tones down the rp to a manageable level. to be honest, i like almost all of your characters, even your evil ones...just not your fleet admiral lol. I think that they could all (with the exception of him) be incorporated into any ESD RP without anyone having to worry about anything, as long as the actual Firestorm ship is not being used against anyone. I am also not trying to "punish" anyone for having an awesome ship. But if this actually happened in the show, every single person in the galaxy would attack you and take your ship and either destroy it or give it back to Starfleet to be used against you.

I want to clarify that i LOVE action-oriented RP, and a lot of this has been really fun for me, but I almost love emotional stories and character development even more. So i try to combine them. sometimes i succeed and sometimes i fail, but i'd like to believe that we can continue to have fun with both action and emotional character development without getting too crazy with the action.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Actually, most of my characters aren't evil; it's just the admiral and basically everyone that went to the Andromeda Galaxy with him. The others, like Sarah, 11 of 14, and the rest are all going to be sticking around on the new U.S.S. Molly, having much smaller-scale stories that will focus more on, you know, character stuff. Sure, they'll end up fighting stuff, but out of the way and small scale enough that the battles would only affect anyone crazy enough to jump in. :D

As for the Firestorm, it's not invincible. It's only as powerful as any Avenger Class could become in game. You know, just enough to solo Tactical Cubes and survive repeated attacks from Undine Planet-Killing weapons. :p​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    admiralnat wrote: »

As for the Firestorm, it's not invincible. It's only as powerful as any Avenger Class could become in game. You know, just enough to solo Tactical Cubes and survive repeated attacks from Undine Planet-Killing weapons. :p​​

My point exactly. Unless I've missed something, nobody else here flies a ship like that.

Oh, my personal belief is anyone who is "just following orders" is about as guilty as the officer giving those orders, so anyone who helped your Fleet Admiral kill my people are "evil" in both my eyes and Elihu's eyes. Just a warning when it comes to IC interaction. im gonna go post now.
  • Options
    Those who actually killed directly, specifically the admiral (who didn't technically kill anyone himself, but gave orders), Commander Burt, and all the Omega Operatives are all gone to the Andromeda Galaxy with the admiral. 11 of 14 and the others did go along with it, but didn't know the details of the admiral's plan, and when they did learn, they turned against him.

Of course, one could argue Commander Scott, who may have been the one to order the U.S.S. Sally's destruction (and actually was, but no one but the admiral's loyalists know it), is definitely inexcusable, but no one yet knows he was the one that gave that order. When Sarah finds out though... things will turn south real quick.

I'm sure the after-affects of the whole thing will certainly make future stories more interesting though, won't they? B)​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    that would depend on a number of things, honestly.

As for Scott, he is on the Molly (edited, your ships have weird names lol) with Sarah right? In the void? Cuz theyre about to be out of the void, youre gonna get your ship back, and if somehow Elihu comes anywhere near Scott, he will know, trust me. Though he would probably have him kept alive though. Of course, he would probably also just turn him over to Sarah anyway, so i dont see how it would matter to my crew one way or another.
  • Options
    Well, I don't think Elihu ever met Scott, so how would he know? Telepathy? :p

But trust me, if Sarah finds out, she'll go nuts if she found out one of her "trusted new crew" were the one to give the order blowing up her previous ship with the crew on board. :o​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Empathy.

In fact... hm, lets make it a little more interesting.
  • Options
    Oh boy. I can hardly wait. B)​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    TRIBBLE, i forgot to release the command codes on the Firestorm. lol im just kidding, i'll edit my post
  • Options
    hey someone said they recognized my signature and that reminded me i need to modify it. how do i do that? Nat, i know you know. you do it like every 3.7 seconds. XD
  • Options
    1. Scroll up to the top of the window.
    2. Click the little gear button to the right of your name up to the left, above the thread title.
    3. Go to "Signature Settings"
    4. Edit your signature all you want and do whatever. :)​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    ok i forgot the gear thing. i was trying to do it via my profile. thanks :)

Hawku, rattler, do you mind if we fast-forward the RP to the time where my characters are being "counseled"? im sure Nat wouldnt mind, but if you do, just let me know. i figure we could give everyone a few days to rest, get to know each other a little better, etc.

also, i think considering the circumstances, the Molly crew should probably under go an investigation of some kind... or if not, maybe transfer Scott to work somewhere closer, like on ESD? *hint hint*
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    *sigh* i dont see a gear. i know it used to be there. wtf.

edit: found it. i didnt follow directions well. i gotta head out. again thanks, and see ya guys tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    That, or go to your profile, and then click the Preferences button there.
    ok i forgot the gear thing. i was trying to do it via my profile. thanks :)

Hawku, rattler, do you mind if we fast-forward the RP to the time where my characters are being "counseled"? im sure Nat wouldnt mind, but if you do, just let me know. i figure we could give everyone a few days to rest, get to know each other a little better, etc.

also, i think considering the circumstances, the Molly crew should probably under go an investigation of some kind... or if not, maybe transfer Scott to work somewhere closer, like on ESD? *hint hint*

I wouldn't mind a little fast forward. As for Scott, no one knows about what he did yet, except for the admiral's sort of loyalists that he took with him, so no one will see any need to transfer him. Not yet, anyway. :p

Also, where on ESD did you have in mind?

As for the rest of the crew, I suppose an investigation would be sensible, but Nat was sure to make it so the admiralty "conveniently overlooked them" until the U.S.S. Molly was already be headed out to the Natara expanse (specifically that system with some NCG-numbers I can't remember), so I suppose there could be a bit of a story when it turns out T'Ket's Heralds returned there, thus the Molly and their pursuers come under attack, starting up a game of cat and mouse until the two or more ships team up, escape T'Ket and her Heralds, and finally get away. :)​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options

I'm ok with that.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I got no problem with it I guess. With everything going on... I'm already as confused as my character. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)