test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The New Enterprise!

epictaco13epictaco13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi everyone! Right away, this is my first topic, so if it seems bad, there's your reason. Now, on to the actual topic. I propose a new ship! The Constitution Class, from the 2009 Star Trek Movie/Star Trek: Into Darkness!
12521.jpg
This would be the same size as the other Refit Constitution
default_constitution_class.jpg
Or maybe a little bit bigger.
I propose this being a Captain Rank ship, unlike the two other Constitution Class Vessels.
Along with this ship, would be the new, modern bridge.
enterprise-bridge.jpg
star-trek-into-darkness-bridge.jpg
The it would also come with new default weapons. Like the phasers that come with the TOS Constitution, these weapons would rank up with you.
They would be the new, red phasers.
latest?cb=20091205234529&path-prefix=en
enterprise-firing.jpg
Now, I'm not really sure how these would work. Because the new phasers are bolts of energy, not beams, it would only make sense to have them be cannons, but that would sacrifice the ability to broadside enemies. A way to fix this would be to have all of the phaser banks be turrets, but that would mean you could fire 4 fore weapon slots and 3 aft weapon slots of phaser in all directions, which is kinda op, in my opinion. So, the only thing i can think of is having them still fire bolts of energy, but have them have the firing arc of beam banks, which is 250 degrees. As for torpedoes, well, I did not see the new Enterprise having torpedoes. So if you did, please tell me. Otherwise this new Constitution class vessel will have all phasers.
It would have a standard, captain rank warp core.
Anyway, this is all I have for now. I'm not really sure about its stats, like speed or hull, so please help me out here. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Just a friendly point out. .

anythin jj isn't allowed in sto due to licensed material and cbs who leases cryptic the Trek Ip does not have the rights to the new jj trek therefore it will almost certainly not be able to be put in sto.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    While I would love to see this ship in game as was mentioned the game can't touch anything in the new movies.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Short Answer: Cryptic could do it even if they wanted to.

Long Answer: Unfortunately, it's not possible for the 'JJprise' to be in STO, because it doesn't belong to CBS, but Paramount. It's the same reason we couldn't have the Narada either and instead got the Tal Shiar adapted warbirds as as sort of 'consolation'. Furthermore, CBS themselves have basically forbidden the idea of the good 'ol Connie ever being upgraded or refitted in any way. And to an extent, i agree. After all, it was always one of the messages of Trek not to cling to the past. :)

As for the phasers though, that could be possible. After all we already have a 'Beams that look like cannons' weapon in the game with the Vaadwuar Polaron Emitters. It would be simple enough to just take their animation and give them a differant colour and damage type.

Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Echoing other's comments and possibly adding some details:

1) Trek is split between CBS and Paramount.

2) Paramount own JJ-Trek, CBS owns everything else.

3) STO's license is with CBS, not Paramount.

Therefore, STO cannot use any assets from JJ-Trek. That said, they can certainly(and already have) make JJ "inspired" ships. I would cite the Intel ships as being inspired by the Vengeance from Into Darkness, and the "Exeter" Connie variant as being inspired by the JJ-prise itself.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,143 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Just like everyone else said... AR content is kinda taboo when it comes to coming into STO due to legal reasons.

Would have loved the uniforms and a Phaser compression pistol modeled after the AR Phaser.

Also... we already have something that can sorta mimic the bolt firing phasers from AR Trek. Vaadwaur Emitter Arrays and Emitter Banks. While they function like Beams, they look more like extended bolts from Cannons.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Also, on the subject of JJ-Trek and STO, I'd like to introduce you to my crew and ship:

Jimmy, Spork, McUrban, Peggy, and Zooloo. And of course, the JJ-Prize:

http://imgur.com/a/Xn8c6
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,143 Community Moderator
    lol nice mockup using the T6 Excelsior. Although I don't know if the Excel Refit hull was a good choice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »
    lol nice mockup using the T6 Excelsior. Although I don't know if the Excel Refit hull was a good choice.

I know what you mean. The Exeter is definitely the closest thing we have in game to the JJ-prise, but it is obviously not an end game ship. That being the case, the only 2 real options, IMO, are the Ambassador and the Excelsior. The Ambassador has the right general shape, except for the short stubby nacelles. The Excelsior's body isn't as close as the Ambassador, but it does have the length of the JJ-prise. I've flown several combinations and experimented with different looks, and the one above is probably my favorite all around look.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    The main issue I have with the Excel Hull is those extensions next to the deflector, but that is my opinion. Other than that... Very well done.
  • Options
    Also, a couple of other uniform variants I made based the Beyond trailer:

http://imgur.com/a/agtU1

Specifically, the 'high collar' and 'away team'? looks.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Not too bad at all.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also, on the subject of JJ-Trek and STO, I'd like to introduce you to my crew and ship:

Jimmy, Spork, McUrban, Peggy, and Zooloo. And of course, the JJ-Prize:

http://imgur.com/a/gI40a
    Hmm...... Karl Urban has played an impressive number of characters. So many different puns.... "He's undead, Jim!" :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    And Karl Urban does an awesome McCoy.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    That's awesome
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Some AR content can be used as long as it apeared in the comic 'Countdown' despite being Paramount content. The Red Matter capacitor, Nero's tattoo, assimilated Romulan ships, and The Vault. Technically the Jellyfish, Nero's staff thing and a few other stuff are also allowed but not yet in-game.

Plus the Fed Intel ships are clearly based on the Dreadnought Class. The Avenger however isn't, that's based on Warship Voyager.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I don't think the Intel ships are based on the Vengence. I remember reading somewhere that they drew inspiration from stealth aircraft.
  • Options
    Well so was the Vengeance.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    Doesn't mean that the intel ships are based on the Vengence. There's actually concept art of a Fed sci ship from when Perpetual was working on STO of a ship with a donut saucer.

0ec0309ad8fa15c019cf7fff0838c99c.jpg

Unfortunately that's the best I can find right now, but as you can see... one that looks a lot like the Scryer we have now. In fact, if you put Phantom nacelles on her, it looks even closer.
  • Options
    Yes. Now look at the Vengeance and its the same saucer. Now compare the hull material and shape of the nacelles. It's obvious that the Intel ships are based on the Dreadnought Class even if they also draw inspiration from elsewhere.
    Plus their function as Intel ships in the first place. I suspect S31 had a hand in them. It's not like they're in the shadows anymore. Drake's out in the open in an official capacity, post DR.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Just so we're clear, that the intel ships are based on the Vengeance is just my opinion. However, STID came out before the Intel ships, and here is what I think looks similar:

Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-USS-Vengeance-Replica.jpg

USS-Vengeance-Artisan-Replica.jpg

vengence1.jpg

Eclipsecruiser.jpg?version=6e0dc014eb7cf61b4e9eae8957ac4d8d

Scryerscivess.jpg?version=5d3686b152d9167e6a3b00553f3e8085

Not exact shapes, mind you. But the fact that they are both supposed to be ships built with advanced stealth tech, both with dark, rough, hulls with blue glowing lights. Notice the negative hull space in the Vengeance and the second Intel ship. I mean, considering this is a Star Trek game, and the Star Trek movie with a similar looking ship came out a year before the Intel ships, I don't think it's some kind of leap think the devs got some inspiration there.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Could be coincidence; designers thinking in the same direction. Or could be the trend to go angular, like when most superhero costumes started getting texturized in film.
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Could be coincidence; designers thinking in the same direction. Or could be the trend to go angular, like when most superhero costumes started getting texturized in film.

No doubt. It could be a million different things. But we're talking about a Trek video game having a similar(IMO) ship design to what we saw in a Trek movie the year before. It doesn't seem like a very big leap to get from one to the other. But again, just my opinion.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Also, not sure if anyone reads the ongoing Trek comic set in the JJ-verse, but this is a section 31 ship with a similar design to the vengeance:

http://imgur.com/Dk8Gdz9

To me, this looks kind of like a combo of these 2 ships, with the round saucer of one and the 4 nacelles of the other:

That said, that comic also came out before the Intel ships.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    As Section 31... the bane of honest Captains everywhere.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    Just so we're clear, that the intel ships are based on the Vengeance is just my opinion. However, STID came out before the Intel ships, and here is what I think looks similar:

vengence1.jpg

Not exact shapes, mind you. But the fact that they are both supposed to be ships built with advanced stealth tech, both with dark, rough, hulls with blue glowing lights. Notice the negative hull space in the Vengeance and the second Intel ship. I mean, considering this is a Star Trek game, and the Star Trek movie with a similar looking ship came out a year before the Intel ships, I don't think it's some kind of leap think the devs got some inspiration there.
    And the concept art which rattler posted came way before Into Darkness, and was explored in other advertising faux-screenshots...
  • Options
    edited January 2016

vengence1.jpg

And the concept art which rattler posted came way before Into Darkness, and was explored in other advertising faux-screenshots...

Just so we're clear, I am *mainly* referring to the hull skin/material of the Intel ships. I've seen the old STO concept art and I don't recall any ships with that type of material. But I do admit and agree some of the old concepts did have some negative hull space.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Also, not sure if anyone reads the ongoing Trek comic set in the JJ-verse, but this is a section 31 ship with a similar design to the vengeance:

I like that the S31 and intel ships have a similar feel to them. Boxy. lol

I've read the Kahn comic and Parallel Lives. I've been on the fence about getting into the rest. I might still if Beyond gets some hype into me.

Which one was that from?
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User

vengence1.jpg

Just so we're clear, I am *mainly* referring to the hull skin/material of the Intel ships. I've seen the old STO concept art and I don't recall any ships with that type of material. But I do admit and agree some of the old concepts did have some negative hull space.
    Ahh, I see... I have to admit, when I first saw the Phantom Class, I thought 'Tron' rather than Vengeance...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    hawku001x wrote: »

That's cool. I like that the S31 and intel ships have a similar feel to them.

I've read the Kahn comic and Parallel Lives. I've been on the fence about getting into the rest. I might still if Beyond gets some hype into me.

Which one was that from?

Khan is one of my favorites. "The Q Gambit" is also excellent, for so many reasons. But that particular page was from the "Khitomer Conflict" storyline:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-7-Mike-Johnson/dp/1613778821/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    That Sisko/JJKirk crossover is hard to wrap my head around. He seems to be channeling some anti-JJ aggression there. lol
    Post edited by hawku001x on