test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The New Enterprise!

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    hawku001x wrote: »
    That Sisko/JJKirk crossover is hard to wrap my head around. He seems to be channeling some anti-JJ aggression there. lol

It is wierd considering the time they did meet in canon and Sisko was like a first year cadet

Before the T-6 hips came out I was using the Oddy as a Alt-universe Connie
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Aaaaaaaaah, that Sisko/JJKirk crossover is so hard to wrap my head around. But I might. He seems to be channeling some anti-JJ aggression there. lol

I wonder if Sisko recognizes the facial difference between Prime and JJ Kirk since he's met the former.

Needless to say(from the title of the story), Q is involved.

On an unrelated note, this is another one of my crew:

http://imgur.com/J1LZSoA

:D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I've often wondered why folks start threads and then never post again in them... ???
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Aaaaaaaaah, that Sisko/JJKirk crossover is so hard to wrap my head around. But I might. He seems to be channeling some anti-JJ aggression there. lol

I wonder if Sisko recognizes the facial difference between Prime and JJ Kirk since he's met the former.

Needless to say(from the title of the story), Q is involved.

On an unrelated note, this is another one of my crew:

http://imgur.com/J1LZSoA

:D

thats awesome
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Not a fan of the JJprise, everything is out of proportion
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
      We did see the JJPrise fire torpedoes. At the end, they fire some at the Narada. They're white and have a very weak and stupid 'pew pew' sound.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
      grylak wrote: »
      We did see the JJPrise fire torpedoes. At the end, they fire some at the Narada. They're white and have a very weak and stupid 'pew pew' sound.

that stupid pew pew sound is the same sound from the original series modified
      Your pain runs deep.
    • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
      khan5000 wrote: »

Which begs the quest were those really torpedoes or proximity phasers, cause they both make the same sound :)

Very modified. Though I've just watched a comparison. Yeah, I can hear the similarity, but at least the TOS ones sounded powerful. The JJprise ones sound too high pitched/squeaky for my tastes.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
      hartzilla wrote: »

Which begs the quest were those really torpedoes or proximity phasers, cause they both make the same sound :)

Well in TOS the proximity phasers ended up becoming the torpedoes so...yeah.
      However since the alt-enterprise has the torpedo tube in the neck like the refit I imagine that they are torpedoes
      Your pain runs deep.
      Your pain runs deep.
      Your pain runs deep.
      Your pain runs deep.
      The only change I would make to the JJprise is that piece of hull between the front of the neck and the deflector dish. I still think that is too long. Shorten it a bit, or stagger the hull so it gets narrower in a step or two, and it would be fine.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axTdv68wIvk
      It's just a joke, but I love it.
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
      it's kind of a TRIBBLE move since they gave James Cawley a role in Star Trek 2009
      http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/James_Cawley
      Your pain runs deep.
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
      it's kind of a TRIBBLE move since they gave James Cawley a role in Star Trek 2009
      I don't see it that way. I see him making a funny little film based on the reaction many older fans had. The Acme box tells you that it's not to be taken seriously.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
      The only change I would make to the JJprise is that piece of hull between the front of the neck and the deflector dish. I still think that is too long. Shorten it a bit, or stagger the hull so it gets narrower in a step or two, and it would be fine.

I'd change the secondary hull to something longer and thicker but a modern take on the classic connie secondary hull and push that neck forward.

I'd move the pylons forward as well and reduce the size of those nacelles to a more appropriate scale so the tops of the nacelles line up with the top of the saucer.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,452 Community Moderator
        I headcanon her size to 366 meters, which is closer to the 295 of the original and 305 of the refit. By dropping her size to that, the ONLY detail a sharp eyed Trek fan has to ignore is the TARDIS style shuttlebay. By scaling her down to 366 meters, all the other features line up with the older versions, the window sizes, the pod launcher thing on the neck, the size of the Bridge viewscreen...

Bigger than a Sovereign class blows those details out of proportion except the shuttlebay. But drop her down... the ONLY thing left that is wonky is the shuttlebay.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
        rattler2 wrote: »
        I headcanon her size to 366 meters, which is closer to the 295 of the original and 305 of the refit. By dropping her size to that, the ONLY detail a sharp eyed Trek fan has to ignore is the TARDIS style shuttlebay. By scaling her down to 366 meters, all the other features line up with the older versions, the window sizes, the pod launcher thing on the neck, the size of the Bridge viewscreen...

Bigger than a Sovereign class blows those details out of proportion except the shuttlebay. But drop her down... the ONLY thing left that is wonky is the shuttlebay.

I'd put her around 300m, the shuttle bay issue can be solved by using a larger and thicker engineering hull and scaled accordingly, same with windows the pod launcher and bridge in general, scale it accordingly to fit the 300m length.

Internally, I'd use a modern version of the wrath of khan interior instead of the bright white interior, use the colour schemes from wrath of khan for interior colours and it would look good
        NMXb2ph.png
        • wyatt#6729 wyatt Member Posts: 37 Arc User
          OK, it can NOT be this one. Counting the other reasons, if mine hasn't been said, another reason is that JJTrek has not met PrimeTrek yet, now when they DO, maybe I'll agree to it.
        • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
          Not really, he hated the film like other folks do, such as myself.

dvZq2Aj.jpg

I'd change the secondary hull to something longer and thicker but a modern take on the classic connie secondary hull and push that neck forward.

I'd move the pylons forward as well and reduce the size of those nacelles to a more appropriate scale so the tops of the nacelles line up with the top of the saucer.

That part I mentioned is the only part I really don't like, but if we're talking what other changes I would make, I would straighten the nacelle struts a bit so the warp nacelles are a little further apart, maybe still keep a slight curve to them to keep with the speed look, reduce the slope on the back of the neck so it doesn't run almost the entire engineering section and thin out the nacelles a little. Keep them curved and with the moving parts, but just don't have them so long and thick.

Also... your sig. I approve greatly.

I wouldn't change a thing about that ship...other than making the engine room less like a brewery. I really like the look of this ship...and I would head canon the size down to original connie size.
          Your pain runs deep.

That part I mentioned is the only part I really don't like, but if we're talking what other changes I would make, I would straighten the nacelle struts a bit so the warp nacelles are a little further apart, maybe still keep a slight curve to them to keep with the speed look, reduce the slope on the back of the neck so it doesn't run almost the entire engineering section and thin out the nacelles a little. Keep them curved and with the moving parts, but just don't have them so long and thick.

Also... your sig. I approve greatly.

NMXb2ph.png
          • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
            Personally I prefer this to the JJprise:
            star_trek_poster.jpeg
            Unfortunately I can't remember who designed it.
          • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,452 Community Moderator
            Gabe Koerner made that version.
            db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
            I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
            The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
          • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
            Personally I prefer this to the JJprise:
            star_trek_poster.jpeg
            Unfortunately I can't remember who designed it.

If you like that ship, you'll love this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXa0cfaTlfk

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
          • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
            Yes, thank you. I like it much better than the strange proportions of the new ship... though I admit it could do with a little less greebling.
          • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
            That's one sharp looking ship...