Install Arc
Options

Ground PvP Concerns Directory 3.5

124»

Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys. Still going through the reports and responses here, but figured I'd address one that I easily can...

Working As Designed.

If this was intended to affect Shield Heals, it would say so. It does not. The bonuses of this Trait apply to Hitpoint/Health Heals only.

So are the broken powers like anesthesine gas as well as the super long cool downs like that power and equipment diagnostics lol. The kit changes were great but the broken powers and the ones that have exeedingly long cd's for what they offer need to be looked at imo.
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So are the broken powers like anesthesine gas as well as the super long cool downs like that power and equipment diagnostics lol. The kit changes were great but the broken powers and the ones that have exeedingly long cd's for what they offer need to be looked at imo.

*cough tactical initiative cough*. ;)
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This anesthesia gas is a bad power. It does no damage but gives a warning ring. I know you can use the doff to get it to stick, but my tooltip says it will last almost 24 seconds and it does not even last half of that. The warning time of the warning ring needs to reduced to make it harder to evade. Also we need to watch how long this power is active. A well spec'd tac can reduce power to on quarter on normal recharge time with Tac Int. This mean the AG can be well timed to almost get three of them in the tac int cooldown reduction period. So we also don't need 100% uptime for a power for almost 30-40 seconds. It is best to have this power with a minute cooldown, and a 10-15 second effective time.

There is one thing I would love to have on the ground, a doff that strips buffs. Call it a subnuc doff. There are a few powers that negate other power and make them useless. Yes it is about timing sometimes. Take Motion Accelerator it removed movement debuffs, but what removed the movement buff. I can't this of anything. So since the power is Has no counter it is OP in my opinion. It is just like the shield recharge for the eng. It will remove shield offline or down debuffs, but if hit with tachyon harmonics after the buff is applied it should remove it if you proc the shield offline proc of the power. They should counter each other and the one that is used second should counter the first. I would love to see a subnuc doff that can be used with dampening field. Make it loses the other debuff for the ability subnuc on the ground. It should be clearable by battle stratiges, equipment diagnostics, and biofilter sweep and maybe the mental debuff cleans, can't remember its name. But the cleansing power has to be used after the subnuc doff.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    There is one thing I would love to have on the ground, a doff that strips buffs. Call it a subnuc doff. There are a few powers that negate other power and make them useless. Yes it is about timing sometimes. Take Motion Accelerator it removed movement debuffs, but what removed the movement buff. I can't this of anything. So since the power is Has no counter it is OP in my opinion. It is just like the shield recharge for the eng. It will remove shield offline or down debuffs, but if hit with tachyon harmonics after the buff is applied it should remove it if you proc the shield offline proc of the power. They should counter each other and the one that is used second should counter the first. I would love to see a subnuc doff that can be used with dampening field. Make it loses the other debuff for the ability subnuc on the ground. It should be clearable by battle stratiges, equipment diagnostics, and biofilter sweep and maybe the mental debuff cleans, can't remember its name. But the cleansing power has to be used after the subnuc doff.

adding it to dampening field would be an lol joke mode activated.

you can currently remove buffs from other players in ground pvp, by use of certain things, of which can also be increased removal by use of such weapons as full auto rifles to fire more shots and gain more chances faster to proc and remove all active buffs from player/players
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I don't understand how cryptic would think this is a good idea to put in the game?

Anything that sells is a good idea for them.. no matter how destructuve is for balance, if it sells is good.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Even for PvE this gun doesn't sound like a good idea. A friend of mine is one shotting borg drones including tactical and very close to one shotting elite ones. He doesn't normally do ground missions. **facepalm**

In all honesty the gun is only great against the two heavily shielded PvE enemies (Borg and Elachi). The weapons is really great against Borg simply because Borg do not adapt to kinetic damage provided by the TR-116B. Elachi don't have large health pools under their extremely thick shielding and that makes the weapon quite powerful. Outside of those two enemies the weapon really isn't superior in PvE. Now PvP, that is a bit of a different story when it comes to engineers.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Delta Rising may prove to be a great time for Ground PvP. DoT on ambush duty officers, run-dodge exploiting, and uncleansable Psionic Assault have all been fixed on Tribble according to patch notes.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Delta Rising may prove to be a great time for Ground PvP. DoT on ambush duty officers, run-dodge exploiting, and uncleansable Psionic Assault have all been fixed on Tribble according to patch notes.

That is great and all, but I wouldn't jump the gun too quickly. Tr-116b is still a huge pain in the TRIBBLE, and who knows what else might be released by then.

At least you aren't being forced into tier 6 ships and the like. At worst you'll just need to bump up your ground gear and a few other things by a couple Mks.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    That is great and all, but I wouldn't jump the gun too quickly. Tr-116b is still a huge pain in the TRIBBLE, and who knows what else might be released by then.
    Yeah, that and Automatic Troll Hypo of Death Cheating [TM].
    mimey2 wrote: »
    At least you aren't being forced into tier 6 ships and the like. At worst you'll just need to bump up your ground gear and a few other things by a couple Mks.

This will be very annoying for anyone with all the reputation ground gear. Repurchasing all the lockbox kit modules at MK XIV also will be quite pricey. I'm actually hoping we don't get Mk XIV gear thrown into the mix.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, that and Automatic Troll Hypo of Death Cheating [TM].

This will be very annoying for anyone with all the reputation ground gear. Repurchasing all the lockbox kit modules at MK XIV also will be quite pricey. I'm actually hoping we don't get Mk XIV gear thrown into the mix.

Oh yes, forgot about that actually.

And I do agree with you. I'm not looking forward to the thought of upgrading ALL of my ground gear up to Mk XIV possibly.

But I would rather deal with the annoyance of only a handful of items on the ground needing a bump up than having to buy a new ship and then still need to upgrade ALL the stuff that goes on it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Advisor (debuff clean with Overwatch) looks broken. It does not remove Borg Assimilation Nanites and Hyperionic Radiation.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    Advisor (debuff clean with Overwatch) looks broken. It does not remove Borg Assimilation Nanites and Hyperionic Radiation.

Assimilation Nanites and Hyperonic Radiation attacks are both damage over time effects. The Advisor cleanses all debuffs, which does not include damage over time effects. That said, Hyeronic Radiation as an ability should be cleansable by Vascular Regenerator, but cannot be cleansed due to the way the ability works. (AoE DoT with the player as the center)
  • Options
    klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I've noticed and tested what appears to be a bugged interaction between Medical Vanguard and lunge. [5:04] [Combat (Self)] Kathrine deals 356 (1673) Physical Damage(Critical) to you with Lunge. During that lunge, they where fully buffed, I was exposed, they critted, they where flanking, and to top it of and make it more laughable I was crouched. That lunge should have killed me had i not been crouched. I did multiple test with it and each time lunge did next to no damage while medical vanguard was up. I have been the one lunging and the one doing the lunge. Given that with medical tricorder alone a sci can get 50% up time on medical vanguard. With more sci powers or tac int it is possible to get 100% up time.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So I've noticed and tested what appears to be a bugged interaction between Medical Vanguard and lunge. [5:04] [Combat (Self)] Kathrine deals 356 (1673) Physical Damage(Critical) to you with Lunge.
    Medical Vanguard description:
    • Target of your heals and buffs gain:
    • Grants Perfect Shields for 4 seconds
      • Perfect Shields have no bleedthrough
    • Reduce damage to shields by 50% for 4 seconds
    • 6.3 shield regeneration

This is not a bug; medical vanguard blocks shield bleedthrough. Damage that would normally "bleed through" is lost when the immunity is active. Because lunge deals 80% shield bypassing damage and 20% non-shield bypassing damage; 80% of the damage is blocked by Medical Vanguard.
    During that lunge, they where fully buffed, I was exposed, they critted, they where flanking, and to top it of and make it more laughable I was crouched. That lunge should have killed me had i not been crouched.
    Medical Vanguard with science buffs is the Science officer's counter to lunge. It forces the tactical officer to deplete the science officer's shields before using lunge to finish them off. Science officers not exploiting the Tier 1 New Romulus bug are fairly easy to drop as far as shields are concerned.
    I did multiple test with it and each time lunge did next to no damage while medical vanguard was up. I have been the one lunging and the one doing the lunge.
    Yep, that is because of lunge's 80% shield bypass stat. Vanguard then turns around and blocks the bleedthrough damage.
    Given that with medical tricorder alone a sci can get 50% up time on medical vanguard. With more sci powers or tac int it is possible to get 100% up time.
    Yep, but vanguard is worthless when the science officer's shields have been depleted.
  • Options
    klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Medical Vanguard description:
    • Target of your heals and buffs gain:
    • Grants Perfect Shields for 4 seconds
      • Perfect Shields have no bleedthrough
    • Reduce damage to shields by 50% for 4 seconds
    • 6.3 shield regeneration

This is not a bug; medical vanguard blocks shield bleedthrough. Damage that would normally "bleed through" is lost when the immunity is active. Because lunge deals 80% shield bypassing damage and 20% non-shield bypassing damage; 80% of the damage is blocked by Medical Vanguard.

Medical Vanguard with science buffs is the Science officer's counter to lunge. It forces the tactical officer to deplete the science officer's shields before using lunge to finish them off. Science officers not exploiting the Tier 1 New Romulus bug are fairly easy to drop as far as shields are concerned.

Yep, that is because of lunge's 80% shield bypass stat. Vanguard then turns around and blocks the bleedthrough damage.

Yep, but vanguard is worthless when the science officer's shields have been depleted.

First there are two combat logs for lunge. One is the hit on shields the other is the hit on health. The shield one was something like 7 (560) Yes I understand the perfect shields, but it is not just stopping it from bleeding through. It is decreasing the damage. Second it is possible to keep a sci's shields up 1v1. In a shanty or arena you can keep them up for good size durations. No I don't mean the people exploiting the new romulus bug, that just causes shield bypassing making lunge more deadly. Third a tac tanking a sci for a prolonged period of time is very difficult so a tac must kill the sci quickly or not at all. Fourth a scis primary defense vs lunge is their heals.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    First there are two combat logs for lunge. One is the hit on shields the other is the hit on health. The shield one was something like 7 (560) Yes I understand the perfect shields, but it is not just stopping it from bleeding through. It is decreasing the damage.
    It is working correctly, damage that normally would bleed through is lost. The remaining damage is then applied to the shields (and if depleted) applied to the health.
    Second it is possible to keep a sci's shields up 1v1.
    Compression Pistol Mk XII [CritD]x3, no more shields.
    In a shanty or arena you can keep them up for good size durations.
    Indeed, Large Shield Charge (20 second cooldown) + two piece MACO (45 second cooldown/20 under Tactical Initiative) creates a very powerful shield tank setup for any class. That said, it should be much easier once the run-dodge exploit makes it to holodeck because Science officers won't be able to hold down run while standing still to stay at max dodge.
    No I don't mean the people exploiting the new romulus bug, that just causes shield bypassing making lunge more deadly.
    True, if the Tactical officer can catch the Science officer in an "off" cycle of the bugged trait.
    Third a tac tanking a sci for a prolonged period of time is very difficult so a tac must kill the sci quickly or not at all.
    Rally Cry + Overwatch + Draw Fire + Motion Accelerator + Lunge with two piece Adapted MACO and a Nukara shield. It is quite possible to tank a science tank for a very long time. The real trouble is an engineer with that feedback pulse kit ability and a large number of shield heals. There currently isn't a non-energy weapon with enough DPS to down an engineer in between the lockbox feedback pulse downtime period. Well, other than TR-116B *cough cough*
    Fourth a scis primary defense vs lunge is their heals.
    Yes, through Medical Vanguard and +MaxHP doctor duty officers.