Install Arc
Options

Ground PvP Concerns Directory 3.5

Comments

• Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    I must say this does not need any fix at all. This effect simply works better than intended, making Plasma Granade more valuable. This effect is not game breaking in any way. It is easy to avoid granades. Also, dot effect is easy to clean. It also bound to Ambush which has pretty long cd.

Without it you can simply discard this kit module because it is useless otherwise.

TR-116 and Adrenal Hypo Kit Module are game breaking and need fixes.

The auto adrenal hypo is more score breaking than game breaking. I keep a stasis pistol ready for anyone that runs it. Let it come off cooldown and get them after the buff expires. Their immunity to the stasis gun is about the same amount of time as the cooldown for the AAH kit module. So when they come back stasis them again. As far as a particular fleet running three deep with this ability. More team coordination stasis those three and five push on the other two.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yesterday I decided to remove my adrenal hypo on pug games (medical tricorder is also a second life if you think about it), but it seems that some players see a sci rushing and they just stasis them. Hell, there are some ppl using stasis on anyone now (yesterday on even engis).

If PVP now is going to be a stasis war, no one is going to win. Hell, if I keep been stasis even with no Adrenal Hypo, I may buy one and use it on all the tacts with lunge or on caitians.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    falklander1989falklander1989 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yesterday I decided to remove my adrenal hypo on pug games (medical tricorder is also a second life if you think about it), but it seems that some players see a sci rushing and they just stasis them. Hell, there are some ppl using stasis on anyone now (yesterday on even engis).

If PVP now is going to be a stasis war, no one is going to win. Hell, if I keep been stasis even with no Adrenal Hypo, I may buy one and use it on all the tacts with lunge or on caitians.

And how do you suggest someone kill sci this days.They can tank while whole team shoot at them,they can out dps any tac and they can combine all that in same build.Only thing left to kill them alone is spike damage.Sci became so arrogant this days,if they pick few death per match they already butthurt.Its kind of attitude"I am a sci,i should be invulnerable,how you manage to kill me,nerf that immediately".
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Anyway i change my mind about TR rilfe,motivation,adrenal hypo,camping etc..I was misguided moralist,but no more.We should use everything that its on our disposal.If its in game use it.TR doesnt respect shields,who cares,tired of shield tankers,use it.Motivation nerf,wtf,i want my every shot to be crit,GIVE US BACK old motivation.Adrenal hypo,hmmm thats sci thing,i guess their right to use it.Ppl ***** about camping,wtf,its our own fault if we retreat to our spawn point and give enemy team position and clean shot on spawn.Anyway its not camp its DEPLOYMENT SUPRESSION.Do it whenever you can.Plasma grenade with ambush doffs,nothing wrong with it.Grenade is usless by itself,this is just nice thing to be more effective,anyway its our own fault if we dont move from plasma fire.Use it.
    Want to apologise to Shai,Akrell and Pardus from FS for not wanting to play in same team with them yesterday becasue they spamed TR rifle.I was fool,i wont to that again.
    Thanks to hobos for inspiration about everything is allowed thing.Camping feds side by side with them in kerrat gave me new perception on things in this game.:cool:
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyway i change my mind about TR rilfe,motivation,adrenal hypo,camping etc..I was misguided moralist,but no more.We should use everything that its on our disposal.If its in game use it.TR doesnt respect shields,who cares,tired of shield tankers,use it.Motivation nerf,wtf,i want my every shot to be crit,GIVE US BACK old motivation.Adrenal hypo,hmmm thats sci thing,i guess their right to use it.Ppl ***** about camping,wtf,its our own fault if we retreat to our spawn point and give enemy team position and clean shot on spawn.Anyway its not camp its DEPLOYMENT SUPRESSION.Do it whenever you can.Plasma grenade with ambush doffs,nothing wrong with it.Grenade is usless by itself,this is just nice thing to be more effective,anyway its our own fault if we dont move from plasma fire.Use it.
    Want to apologise to Shai,Akrell and Pardus from FS for not wanting to play in same team with them yesterday becasue they spamed TR rifle.I was fool,i wont to that again.
    Thanks to hobos for inspiration about everything is allowed thing.Camping feds side by side with them in kerrat gave me new perception on things in this game.:cool:

hmmmmmm...

welcome to the dark side we haz cookies

and statis pistols
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not lol. What I will say is that this goes back to something I said somewhere in another thread about using things that function as designed. Person X says power Y is over powered and needs to be nerfed and trolls anyone using it. Meanwhile, power Y functions as it is intended to. So, is that person using it wrong to? Nope. It's personal preference and you can't police a queue game. Now if power Y is doing something UNINTENDED and is being deliberately exploited then it becomes a matter of fact that power Y isn't doing what it's supposed to do and not just an opinion that it's over powered.

It's a preference really. I personally won't slot the adrenal thingy or the feedback pulse thingy. I think they are lame and contribute negatively to the flow of a match and frankly, I don't need them. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    All this discucion would be over if the devs show their faces and tell us what they think is working as intended and what is not.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I must say this does not need any fix at all. This effect simply works better than intended, making Plasma Granade more valuable. This effect is not game breaking in any way. It is easy to avoid granades. Also, dot effect is easy to clean. It also bound to Ambush which has pretty long cd.

Without it you can simply discard this kit module because it is useless otherwise.

The way I see it, and other people can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the Ambush DOT is triggering other Ambush DOTs from itself.

When you throw a Plasma Grenade, the grenade explosion and its DoT both benefit from Ambush damage bonus and proc, and Ambush is not consumed. Then, every tick of the DOT will trigger another DOT from Ambush as a result of the DOFF. That second DOT is being affected by Ambush itself, triggering more DOTs, multiple times and recursively, as long as Ambush isn't consumed, then leading to the absurd damage figures that have been reported. This is just a guess however, from seeing how the ability works.

Now on the main concern that grenades do not consume Ambush, do you really think it is fine to throw two Ambush-buffed grenades without cooldown (any grenade + secondary from HG rifle) and have a third Ambush'd shot at disposal? While grenades are rather easy to avoid, it can be just as easy to root the enemy in place to prevent his escape, especially in a team. Case in point: Omega Autocarbine + Supressing Fire, which is another Concern from this directory.

If we want to make the module useful, we should work on its core function (improve grenade damage, for example), and not allow such a broken mechanic to benefit it just because it underperforms.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If it would be so much overpowered as you say everyone would do it. Look at Adrenal Hypo or TR.
    Dot effect is being cleaned with Hypo or other Medic abilities. Thats why you can not do it to a player, because they clean effect instantly most of time.

Also, it is very easy to avoid granate by running away. Thats why there was a doff made for a Gas Granade which sticks it to the target.

You can not buff any other granates with Dot doffs. It works only with Plasma.

Oh, and don't start those nonsense talks on this thread. Post technical stuff only pls. (falk, etc.)

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Adryno Hypo is ridiculous. Probably the most ridiculous ability in the game. Although I think it is just a matter of time until a premade is built around the TR-116B. Then it it is going to be more spawn camping.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If it would be so much overpowered as you say everyone would do it. Look at Adrenal Hypo or TR.

That's because the other OP things are just better than double-ambushed-grenades at the moment.

Say, if everything ever got "fixed", and the grenade issue left as is, I am sure people would start abusing it again.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    That's because the other OP things are just better than double-ambushed-grenades at the moment.

Say, if everything ever got "fixed", and the grenade issue left as is, I am sure people would start abusing it again.

not really if you whack a plasma nade with dot doffs purple ambush the fire will happily kill anyone in 1 2 sec who accidentally walks into it which means you can actually use it on a ramp and watch everyone go up it and die pretty quickly the hard part is nobodys that silly to walk into such an attack sec doffs do 190 or so physical + per secx3 unless ya heal fast or remove which sadly overwatch has a longer activation time + doff to cleanse it its still very powerful, getting anyone at all to be nice and go into the plasma fire now thats an entire different story
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Wow, what upset you. You are normally the most fair player in hone game, yes you do like the rest of us and fighter dirty when you think you are wronged. But I have never seen you like this. I would like to know what changed your mind.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    semodo1semodo1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I am an (one) engineer that used the stasis pistol against you. I do so because you had been using adrenal hypo in previous pug matches. You then mentioned in zone that you had removed the adrenal hypo and, as such, I removed the stasis pistol. However, you advised me to"check" in future if someone was using an ability before action - fair enough. However, I'll also respond to that and say that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. If I've seen a player (any player) using an item consistently and they play in the same manner (i.e. rushing forward) I'm not gonna pause and examine the little buff icons to see what they are or are not using while they are rushing me and attemping to kill me.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    nulonu wrote: »
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not lol. What I will say is that this goes back to something I said somewhere in another thread about using things that function as designed. Person X says power Y is over powered and needs to be nerfed and trolls anyone using it. Meanwhile, power Y functions as it is intended to. So, is that person using it wrong to? Nope. It's personal preference and you can't police a queue game. Now if power Y is doing something UNINTENDED and is being deliberately exploited then it becomes a matter of fact that power Y isn't doing what it's supposed to do and not just an opinion that it's over powered.

It's a preference really. I personally won't slot the adrenal thingy or the feedback pulse thingy. I think they are lame and contribute negatively to the flow of a match and frankly, I don't need them. ;)

I've had a read over the tooltip for adrenal hypo. There are words such as "revived" and "defeated" stated there in relation to its abilities. So, it would be natural to assume/believe/understand that the user of adrenal hypo should die/be defeated in order for the ability to function correctly. When a player is defeated/dies a score is recorded. In respect of the adrenal hypo, it is not acknowledged that the player has been defeated/died nor revived (as they don't actually die) nor is a score recorded. Therefore whether it is my poor comprehension of the English language, but to me the adrenal hypo is not working as intented based on the tooltip: the player is not being defeated nor dying in order to be revived ... but rather their hitpoints are reaching a prerequiste number and being boosted/restored; while adrenal hypo is active it makes the player invulnerable to death/defeat.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    semodo1 wrote: »
    I am an (one) engineer that used the stasis pistol against you. I do so because you had been using adrenal hypo in previous pug matches. You then mentioned in zone that you had removed the adrenal hypo and, as such, I removed the stasis pistol. However, you advised me to"check" in future if someone was using an ability before action - fair enough. However, I'll also respond to that and say that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. If I've seen a player (any player) using an item consistently and they play in the same manner (i.e. rushing forward) I'm not gonna pause and examine the little buff icons to see what they are or are not using while they are rushing me and attemping to kill me.

And I kinda understand your position and I was not talking about the incident I had with you. But after that, another engi on your team keep use in it not only on sci players, but also on the other players on my team.

So, what I am trying to said is that I can understand the use of cheese to combat cheese. But there is a thin line beatuine that and using cheese because is just better.

I've had a read over the tooltip for adrenal hypo. There are words such as "revived" and "defeated" stated there in relation to its abilities. So, it would be natural to assume/believe/understand that the user of adrenal hypo should die/be defeated in order for the ability to function correctly. When a player is defeated/dies a score is recorded. In respect of the adrenal hypo, it is not acknowledged that the player has been defeated/died nor revived (as they don't actually die) nor is a score recorded. Therefore whether it is my poor comprehension of the English language, but to me the adrenal hypo is not working as intented based on the tooltip: the player is not being defeated nor dying in order to be revived ... but rather their hitpoints are reaching a prerequiste number and being boosted/restored; while adrenal hypo is active it makes the player invulnerable to death/defeat.

I agree with you. First I thought it was just an overpower tool, not a broken one, but just OP. But after thinking about I remember that space has a console similar to adrenal hypo, it is a voth one. Dont remember the name but when you get kill, a Voth ship came and repair you, but that kill count in PVP. So then I decide to remove it if the rival team was a pug team and even if it was a premade team that was not using it. But that is my personal opinion, and I can not definitive infer that is really broken, like I said, is just my opinion and I can not force that on others.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Hmm it's probably poor wording on the devs part to make the power attractive. It could simply be a programming limitation that they can't let a player get all the way to the respawn screen and have the power still work.

It actually never occurred to me that a player "revived"from that should be counting on the score board since they aren't REALLY being defeated. I'm in no way defending that lame addition however. Perhaps they should have a medic beam down and revive you! :P
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Perhaps they should have a medic beam down and revive you! :P

That's not a bad idea considering, at the moment (when the player is "revived"), all it appears (and feels like) is a knockback.
  • Options
    klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Perhaps they should have a medic beam down and revive you! :P

I third the idea. Better yet steal the model for the engi seeker drone and have one of them rev you. If the Adryno Hypo counted as death it would be perfectly fine in pvp.
  • Options
    uwedoguwedog Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I third the idea. Better yet steal the model for the engi seeker drone and have one of them rev you. If the Adryno Hypo counted as death it would be perfectly fine in pvp.

Hi all Biggs here as you know. I must say I am having much fun learning the world of tanks game engine and system. Lacks the complexity of builds sto does but it's a breath of fresh air from this game and community.

I pop on the forums here every few days too see how much qq there is about ground pvp now. Looks like I quit just about the right time too. It seems they totally changed how motivation works now which I must say is a good thing. Makes a fully defensive tact build totally complete now. The sniper rifle which used to be a preorder bonus is now ignoring all shields? Lol I can only imagine which players and fleet are abusing that one.

God a sci power that cheats death? Man makes me wish I didn't quit. I can totally see 5 man fs German teams premading around that against random pugs. And from the patch notes I read they made that bio matter bomb all but useless haha.

You know what's funny now you guys all speak about ground in terms of cheese the way space guys do. It looks like the full brunt of craptics bull**** money grab system finally hit us in half force at season 9 and full force in season 9.5. As much as I would get the itch to totally start again from scratch and install the game again I know there is no coming back from this. It progressively gets worse each season. Whether they do balance passes or fixes stuff is always left undone when the next update hits. Basically we will never have those skill challenging quality matches ever again.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The way I see it, and other people can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the Ambush DOT is triggering other Ambush DOTs from itself. <snip>
    That's close, neither Ambush nor Ambush doffs are consumed by the use any grenade abilities. However, the real problem is specific to plasma grenades and plasma grenades only. Plasma Grenades create a plasma fire patch similar to exothermic induction field.

This plasma fire patch receives the effects of the Ambush doffs in addition to the actual grenade initial damage. Every second within the plasma fire patch will add extra Ambush duty officer DOT stacks to the enemy player. These stacks will rack up even if the player has already cleansed them previously if the player remains in the plasma fire patch. I last tested this some time ago, but last I looked the DOT stacks can rack up in excess of 7,000 physical damage per target within the plasma field.
    If we want to make the module useful, we should work on its core function (improve grenade damage, for example), and not allow such a broken mechanic to benefit it just because it underperforms.
    Photon and Plasma Grenades that do land can one hit kill players occasionally. I'd be hesitant to ask Cryptic to increase the base damage on either modules.

It actually never occurred to me that a player "revived"from that should be counting on the score board since they aren't REALLY being defeated. I'm in no way defending that lame addition however. Perhaps they should have a medic beam down and revive you! :P
    Personally, I was extremely annoyed when I tested the hypo and discovered that death under the hypo doesn't count toward the score. The worst thing is most of the science officers using the hypo activate it within a second before they are about to die. This then gives them three more seconds of breathing room due to damage immunity and a complete health reset. Honestly Cryptic should make this ability unactivatable below 75% health (Go down fighting in reverse). It would greatly curb abuse as a last second ability.
    uwedog wrote: »
    Hi all Biggs here as you know. I must say I am having much fun learning the world of tanks game engine and system. Lacks the complexity of builds sto does but it's a breath of fresh air from this game and community.
    Biggs, we all know you haven't left the game, your current character is a Physicist.
    uwedog wrote: »
    God a sci power that cheats death? Man makes me wish I didn't quit. I can totally see 5 man fs German teams premading around that against random pugs. And from the patch notes I read they made that bio matter bomb all but useless haha.
    Germans left FS, but they have been loving life running teams around that death cheating hypo.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Updates for your awesome list ;D

[QUOTE=majortiraomega
    ;18435181]The last three versions of this thread brought about significant improvement to the quality of Ground PvP gameplay. With the release of Season 9.5 there are a few new concerns for Ground PvP. Additionally, there are a few older concerns that have become more apparent with Season 9.5. This directory is meant to provide the devs with an overview of current Ground PvP issues. Please post any specific concerns to this thread, but please create a new thread if you wish to discuss one specific issue in greater detail.

List begins here:

01. Kit ability: Lunge
    Issue: The base damage on Lunge was increased too high with the Season 9 kit revamp. As a result, many critical hits with just a few minor tactical buffs (such as target optics) will one hit kill players through their shields. Additionally, a critical hit on an expose will one hit kill a player the vast majority of the time. A fully buffed critical hit lunge on an expose can deal well over 5,000 damage with 80% shield bypass.
    Agree, somewhat, lunge no longer has 80% bypass, did at one time no longer.

02. Kit ability: Suppressing Fire
    Issue: Suppressing Fire may be maintained on a target with 100% uptime. The loss of continuous cleanses for 15 seconds from Battle Strategies has turned this kit ability into an ability without a viable counter. Additionally, the damage reduction penalty and slow may be stacked to completely and indefinitely neutralize a player's ability to deal damage or escape.
    Status: To be advised by Cryptic IIRC sup fire root can be broken by like 90% of sci abilities, mot accel/overwatch ( or is it rally cry) for tacs, or equip diagnostics/ quick fix for engineers, or he'll even a hypo, along with ground traits, skills and racial traits that prevent holds from lasting long.

03. Kit ability: Battle Strategies
    Issue: Battle Strategies is an extremely lackluster kit ability now that the Season 9 kit revamp removed the continuous tactical debuff cleanse. The ability has a long cooldown and a very minor buff.
    Still a fine tac ability, can be used under cloak, though it is now overcome by updated and fixed motivation, as motivation, though not having the ability of chance of expose when fired on, motivation has a wee bit more damage boost, and goes for your whole team.

04. Kit ability: Psionic Assault
    Issue: The Undine lockbox kit module Psionic Assault, a mental debuff, cannot be removed with Science kit abilities Biofilter Sweep or Hypospray Melorazine (mental debuff cleansers).

05. Kit ability: Quantum Mortar / Turret
    Issue: Engineering turret and mortar fabrications do not despawn on the death of the engineer and the engineer loses ownership of said fabrications. As a result, the engineer is allowed to spawn additional fabrications without despawning the first set. This allows engineers to spawn an extra 3 quantum mortars and phaser/disruptor/plasma turrets per life.
    Most likely to be fixed soon like gdf was for tacs, staying after death. Also, they tend to die quick anyways by player or mortars or other turrets/ drones. Or simply expire due to time limit.

06. Weapon proc: Bio-Molecular Incubation
    Issue:The weapon proc from 8472 reputation rifles is obtaining damage buffs from any buffs increasing "All damage". As a result, the weapon proc alone is one hit killing players through 700-800 radiation damage hits with 100% shield bypass.
    Maybe make the Prof not 100% as to not Nerf the proc to kill the fun for non tacs or have the proc not be buffed beyond x point, or not at all

07. Race trait: Creative
    Issue: Many Engineering abilities are not receiving the damage and healing bonus from the Creative trait. A full list of engineering abilities was made by frtoaster here. A more complete list was compiled by guriphu here.

08. Lockbox trait: Savior
    Issue: The Xindi lockbox trait, Savior, is not applying the healing bonus to any shield heals. However, all health heals are correctly affected by this trait. The description itself implies that all heals (shield and health) should be affected by this trait.

09. Reputation trait: Enhanced Personal Shields
    Issue: The patch used in an attempt to fix the issue with the Enhanced Personal Shields trait has made the problem worse. On April 22, 2014 a bug report was filed in regards to a problem with the Enhanced Personal Shields trait setting player shield health to 0/0. The patch has caused the Enhanced Personal Shields trait to continuously reset a player's shields from 0/0 to maximum, making it impossible to keep a player's shields down if they are using the trait.
    Checked and tested, this is only a visual bug unless more than one of these is running around. The shield displays either 0 or full but in reality the shield is still there

10. Duty officer: Security Officer, +100% damage with Ambush, dealt as a DoT version
    Issue:The duty officer interacts incorrectly with plasma grenade fire patches. When a plasma grenade is thrown while using this duty officer, the plasma grenade fire retains the ambush buff. This results in the plasma fire patch continuously applying DoT on ambush stacks to anything affected by the plasma fire.

11. Duty officer: Shield Distribution Officer, 50% Chance for Weapon Malfunction with Draw Fire version
    Issue: The Shield Distribution Officer providing a chance for weapon malfunction upon taking damage with draw fire is not working correctly. Rather than triggering a weapon malfunction for 8 seconds; the duty officer is triggering 30 seconds of weapon malfunction immunity. The issue began at the same time as the Chain Weapon Malfunction Diagnostic Engineers, but this duty officer wasn't fixed when the Diagnostic Engineers were fixed right after Season 9.

12. Weapon: TR-116B
    Issue:The 100% shield bypass on the new crafting TR-116B rifle makes it extremely easy to bypass an Engineer's ability to shield tank. The weapon also does not respect "immunity to shield bleedthrough" from items just as the medical vanguard trait or NPC Elachi shields.
    The bypass is meant to be. That's why engineers also have medgens, cover shields, and a he'll load of resist buffs. Aaaalso, just gonna say.... engi ground fbp :D

13. Omega Distortion Field
    Issue: The Omega Force two piece set bonus, Distortion Field, is breaking stealth upon the triggering of any self or team wide procs such as the MACO shield's "Spectrum Overload" proc (Melee-range Stun effect, centered on you and your teammates.) The Omega Distortion Field ability is intended to be used as an aggro breaker, but cannot be used as such because receiving damage and triggering "on damage" procs will break the stealth buff. Even teamates taking damage may break the stealth buff if they take damage and trigger a team wide "on damage" proc.

14. Expose chance on abilities
    Issue: The expose chance proc is incorrectly cut in half on kit and captain abilities. Abilities such as Fuse Armor that previously had 10% expose chance now only have 5% expose chance. See this post for a detailed explanation.

15. Nanoenergy Cell - Kinetic Capacitor
    Issue: The Nanoenergy Cell - Kinetic Capacitor adds a 10% chance to knockback to all weapon attacks. The problem is this proc has no cooldown or immunity period and may be used to chain knockback a player to hold them down indefinitely. This makes it impossible for said player to react or fight back against other players. Multiple high rate of fire weapons make it extremely easy to chain knockback multiple players with ease.

16. Kit ability: Automated Adrenal Hypo
    Issue: The Xindi lockbox kit module Automated Adrenal Hypo is an ability that either revives within 15 seconds or reduces cooldowns by 25% on expiration. However, applying the hypo to oneself will lower the cooldown on the Automated Adrenal Hypo ability as well as all other abilities. When under tactical initiative, players are capable of activating this ability every 18.9 seconds...a mere 3.9 second downtime on the ability. Finally, dying while under the effects of this hypo does not count toward the kill counter in PvP matches. As a result, Science officers must be killed within the 3.9 second window where they do not have this ability activated in order for the kill to be counted toward the game's score.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    That's close, neither Ambush nor Ambush doffs are consumed by the use any grenade abilities. However, the real problem is specific to plasma grenades and plasma grenades only. Plasma Grenades create a plasma fire patch similar to exothermic induction field.

This plasma fire patch receives the effects of the Ambush doffs in addition to the actual grenade initial damage. Every second within the plasma fire patch will add extra Ambush duty officer DOT stacks to the enemy player. These stacks will rack up even if the player has already cleansed them previously if the player remains in the plasma fire patch. I last tested this some time ago, but last I looked the DOT stacks can rack up in excess of 7,000 physical damage per target within the plasma field.

Which says that Dot buffed Plasma Granate is useful. It is not overpowered and not broken, it works better than intended.
    Ambush is only one attack buff. With 1min cd. It is great that you can extend it's bonus for granade and weapon attack. (There are doffs to cut cd on Radiation and Exothermic Induction Field for the Phisicist, it is fair.)
    Dot effect is easy cleaned with hypo and none would sit in plasma fire. Plasma fire by itself is useless as it does only cosmetic plasma burn effect with too little damage. It is one more bonus for it.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    uwedoguwedog Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Personally, I was extremely annoyed when I tested the hypo and discovered that death under the hypo doesn't count toward the score. The worst thing is most of the science officers using the hypo activate it within a second before they are about to die. This then gives them three more seconds of breathing room due to damage immunity and a complete health reset. Honestly Cryptic should make this ability unactivatable below 75% health (Go down fighting in reverse). It would greatly curb abuse as a last second ability.

Biggs, we all know you haven't left the game, your current character is a Physicist.

Germans left FS, but they have been loving life running teams around that death cheating hypo.

Lol so you guys are punishing another poor innocent soul I see lol. Even after I quit my presence gets felt lol. How epic. Just how many Biggs are rolling the q's now? And wow I honest to god would never have guessed the Germans would bail on Tami. They seem like Tami's scared ***** TRIBBLE type ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Just being sarcastic.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys. Still going through the reports and responses here, but figured I'd address one that I easily can...
    08. Lockbox trait: Savior
    Issue: The Xindi lockbox trait, Savior, is not applying the healing bonus to any shield heals. However, all health heals are correctly affected by this trait. The description itself implies that all heals (shield and health) should be affected by this trait.

Working As Designed.

If this was intended to affect Shield Heals, it would say so. It does not. The bonuses of this Trait apply to Hitpoint/Health Heals only.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Which says that Dot buffed Plasma Granate is useful. It is not overpowered and not broken, it works better than intended.

If Ambush were indeed working as designed, only the grenade blast would be affected by the DOT, and not the plasma fire.

Read the power description in-game and please make an effort to understand how broken and overpowered it is. You can do better than defending a broken mechanic to justify a buff you might want.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys. Still going through the reports and responses here, but figured I'd address one that I easily can...

Working As Designed.

If this was intended to affect Shield Heals, it would say so. It does not. The bonuses of this Trait apply to Hitpoint/Health Heals only.

The same reasoning could be applied to saying only hitpoint/health heals are intended affected, if that question arose. However, the tooltop doesn't specify those either, it simply says "heals", of which, by any meter of understanding could be either or both shield or health/hitpoint. So perhaps, for clarity in future, might be better to be clear in the tooltips. "Heals" leaves it pretty vague and causes misunderstanding, as happpened in this case. Thank for the clarification.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yesterday, I have succeeded hitting a player with a Dot buffed granade. The player didn't run from it and has stayed to sit in the plasma fire.(Was afk maybe lol) He ran away when he noticed that his health drops.

Dot doff's are making this kit module useful. It is obvious.

Oh and Exothermic Induction Field kit module is way more powerful and has small cd with 3 geologists + tac initiative from tactical players. Oh, and others were complaining about the Geologist doffs making Phisicist OP too, but it is not, those doff's made it better.

Can't call it an exploit if it is underpowered to a "legit" way.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yesterday, I have succeeded hitting a player with a Dot buffed granade. The player didn't run from it and has stayed to sit in the plasma fire.(Was afk maybe lol) He ran away when he noticed that his health drops.

Dot doff's are making this kit module useful. It is obvious.

Oh and Exothermic Induction Field kit module is way more powerful and has small cd with 3 geologists + tac initiative from tactical players. Oh, and others were complaining about the Geologist doffs making Phisicist OP too, but it is not, those doff's made it better.

Can't call it an exploit if it is underpowered to a "legit" way.

You can if it's acknowledged as a bugged interaction, which it was.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16796121&postcount=61 .