For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• gangoke
    gangoke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    grrr, waited hours for the download; and i cant play cause i cant update "/ cant update cause i get the whole update server connection fail thing; guess imma just have to go wait it out. but im impatient hmph!
  • lightningshell2
    lightningshell2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok, so i downloaded, 2x! update perfectly fine, then i couldnt log in, i was told yall were working so be patient, i was. no i need to update again and it aint working, it updates and at the end when it goes to verify, it fails......plz help, really wanna play this game before next year
  • k1shaolin
    k1shaolin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Atleast you guys can actually start the download. I can't even connect to the server start the update. I've tried averything that has been posted on all three of my computers but nothing seems to work.
  • holykilling
    holykilling Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have a problem with my client....when the client want to update the game a error apears : "Update server connection fails Please try other update server"... what i have to do now?:confused::confused::confused:
  • liran
    liran Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sigh this....
    tried all u said still cant update..
  • istapp
    istapp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Help me please! I just installed the launcher,and now apparently i cant play the game :confused:
    When i start the launcher it says to choose some server in some list,the only thing i can choose is patch.So,i choose patch and press ok,but it says "Update server connection fails,Please try other update server".But there are no other i can choose from! There is only 1 option.And i tried starting the game without downloading patch,but i couldnt log in.So somebody please help me with this issue,i want to be able to play PW-INT as soon as possible :mad:
  • som
    som Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So I have downloaded the game, and got the beta key. Well open the game it says "Update server connection fails. Please try other update server." When I go to Upd. Sets. theres only one update server, patch. Then if I press start and try and log on it says that the client version is low and that I must exit and update. Any ideas?
  • istapp
    istapp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I got the EXACT same problem :( Somebody,please do answer :)
  • datiz
    datiz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Trying to verify client version on patcher and getting error: Update server connection fails. Please try other update server. Servers down or something. Running administrator with vista and firewall aint blocking.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The patch server should be fixed now. Please try running your launcher again. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • retarded
    retarded Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I finaly made it in the log in screen so i choose the server (PVE) and input my id and pasw the it gives me the log in timeout screen and it keeps countiung untill the following message apears: "Could not login into the server" so i tryed that for over an hour re installed and re patched the game, reset my modem and router i even made some rain dance and cast some shamanic curses but it keeps giving me the unable to connect server screen , and yes i have beta key and i can log in the site using the id and psw ,.. can some staff give me some enlightment? im trying to play PWi for like 48hs and im starting to get annoyed...thx in advc:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finkster
    finkster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    installed the game, made sure to verify all files integrity before install of course. installed just fine, updated and everything. looked to be going alright, then when i click 'Start' i get this:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5168/untitledup2.jpg

i dont know if downloading from Filefront.com has anything to do with it, im sure it doesn't. i've tried the going to game folder and removing the element.data and tasks.data, still doesn't work. tried w/out removing still get the same message, tried with removing element, put element back and tried it removing tasks, still nothing. i added PW to my security exceptions list. i make sure to right click the icon for the game and click 'Run As Admin' and still i get the same message... im running on Vista btw, idk if that has anything to do with it either. oh and i made sure to click verify from the update client as well, EVERYTHING checks out ok! and still nothing! :( has anyone else gotten a message like this? or can help me in some way? if the servers are down and thats why im getting this message ill gladly wait, but this is really pissing me off. thnx in advance ;)
  • marble
    marble Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    would rly appreciate it if someone addressed this problem of not being able to connect to the server once opening the actual client...
  • mikku
    mikku Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok i got one but now it won't let me log in it keeps telling me its the incorrect account name and i know its right cause I JSUT LOGGED IN HERE. i have been having so much trouble with this game i am just gunna quite soon
  • nubbie
    nubbie Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mikku wrote: »
    ok i got one but now it won't let me log in it keeps telling me its the incorrect account name and i know its right cause I JSUT LOGGED IN HERE. i have been having so much trouble with this game i am just gunna quite soon

lol don't quit just yet its only Closed Beta in a Months time all chars will be wiped and hopefully all the bugs and connecting problems would be fixed. I'm experiencing problems too and really pissing me off, i just wanted to test the game if its worth playing after CB T.T

"Answers are coming soon" - Xarfox
    -=Space Cowboys Online, yeah waited 3 months or less for answers and the game completely shutdown... nice...=-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jindevil88
    jindevil88 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    after i login, i select my char, and the screen start loading. When load finish. The below pic pop up.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q361/mrcooldiary/untitled.jpg
  • cyk0
    cyk0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok so I deleted those 2 files and I started the update. It went passed elements.data which was good but then it stopped at tasks.data? should i just dl a new client or is there something else i can do?

HALP!?!??!?!
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Please tell me why. If you need to, PM the reasons.

he just got pissed off when I told him that servers get online acourding PDT and not acourding countdown onmain page since it was our system clock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyddraig
    tyddraig Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Looking for any advice on how to get the patcher to go past createinfo1.stf I've tried to do delete it like you would with the elements and task.data, however, i cnt find createinfo.stf in the folder.
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nubbie wrote: »
    lol don't quit just yet its only Closed Beta in a Months time all chars will be wiped and hopefully all the bugs and connecting problems would be fixed. I'm experiencing problems too and really pissing me off, i just wanted to test the game if its worth playing after CB T.T

"Answers are coming soon" - Xarfox
    -=Space Cowboys Online, yeah waited 3 months or less for answers and the game completely shutdown... nice...=-

hehe still update problems well I noticed some thread (can't remamber how called) and it sayed link from witch update is downloaded if you find those files element or task (these are on witch most update frezze) in this link and download manualy and copy in folder where client installed (same folder that have same file) and paste then don't update just Verify first then update if all goes well you done in some wird way patching ((http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/))

P.S. this just an idea to get trough frezzed update I haven't done this myself since I updated already and playing game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cutctrl
    cutctrl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    The patch server should be fixed now. Please try running your launcher again. ;)

Should be but NOT;) there is some progress - it's verifys and starts the update but doesnt pass the elements.data. Why dont you post a downloadable manual patch? it would resolve the prob and relief the stress of nervous individuals:D
  • kurse
    kurse Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    marble wrote: »
    would rly appreciate it if someone addressed this problem of not being able to connect to the server once opening the actual client...

I agree 100%. Game installed and patched without any apparent issues. I cannot connect to either server listed. Login times out on the PVE server, and always says wrong account name/password on the PVP server.

I have changed my pw on the website 3 times, doesnt seem to help. This game is kinda sad, so many people have problems posted on here, yet no developers seem to be responding, let alone helping anyone.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Kurse - do you have a closed beta key applied to your account?

The PVE servers are not up for the closed beta, and the PVP servers require you to have closed beta key.
    If you don't have one, check this thread - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5081
    I recommend the FileFront link - the beta key code should be in red text, immediately under the top banner. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xkonvicz
    xkonvicz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sign sad....I am having a problems loggin in .... this game is free that's why i wanted to check it out. but the problems about loggin in seem to stacking up. I guess I will never get to see what PW look and feel like. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

BTW problems are stated above and I guess I am not alone on waisting time and effort to try PW out.
  • oswaldtitania
    oswaldtitania Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    every time I try to log in it says wrong account info and or password, I have been using my exact info and I actevated my beta key so it isnt any of those it also says cant connect to server
  • darcane
    darcane Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I get "Incorrect account info or password" when trying to connect to the Lost City server. I know the info I'm typing in is correct b/c I'm able to log onto my account on the main page. However, I do see a "Retrieving Character" message show up for a split second before the incorrect msg.

Just out of curiosity, does the "Incorrect account info or passord" message show up if the servers are full? I ask b/c I was playing another MMO beta recently where they gave a similar message when the servers were full. Thought the same problem may be occurring here.
    Firm believe of Murphy's Law.
  • oblivionez
    oblivionez Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is really a waste of time...I took hours to download the client and installed it and than I had to search for a beta key only to find that the logging in problem.

This close beta is really screwed up.Waste Of Time:mad::mad:
  • rozy
    rozy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'll third the 'incorrect account name or password' problem.

I have the Beta Key ["Perfect World International Status: [B]Accepted[/B]"],

and I just logged on here, which proves that the problem is not in my fingers and clumsy typing.
    ☜ Let Pride Become before a Fall ☞
  • turnoverpie
    turnoverpie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am still unable to login, the information i used lets me login on the site, i activated my beta account but everytime i start up the game and get to the login screen, my information is "incorrect". Anyone able to help me out?

EDIT: I guess i'm backing up a common problem, just saw the posts above me.
  • outsider
    outsider Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I can't log-in on the game. I start up the log-in page and all but then when I press start after I've typed in my username and password... on the one server it says that my account user or password is incorrect and on the other server it says can't connect to server. Is there anything I can do about it??? I have tried changing my password.
This discussion has been closed.