New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Options

Comments

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    <_< One thing I can't believe is that people aren't more excited over getting a pet Monkey King D:

Oh, I'm excited all right....my veno's (wo)manhood shows it. The monkey king is a sexy beast, dat beard! Of course, I'll likely never own it, I haven't played this game in about a year, and I have no idea what will be required if not SoF/Nix feathers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    My guess would be Supply Tokens from the Nation Wars since most new things seem to be obtainable through those. D:
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options

That Phoenix b:dirty

The sawfly looks great too and I'm not even a fan of bugs.

The Hercules looks...kinda creepy but I guess it works. At least it's no longer the "Cube NPC" I suppose.

And Glacial Walker appearance update? Also, Crystaline Magmite update? o.o
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What happened to phoenix being firey D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What happened to phoenix being firey D:

Now it looks fluffy b:cute
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Intresting~ o.o
    Pretty birdie :3 So they (china's servers) did get this update then? Or some other screenshot source?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is pretty awesome. From what little I could figure out on the original link I gather these are test server screenies, although much like <<<veneir I would be curious to know if there is another source.

One thing that's a concern for me is that with the Sawfly and Walker being the only commonly available pets shown as upgraded, this could very well mean the update is meant to cut options down to cookiecutter alternatives to legendary pets, and that the rest of the pets system may not be getting the upgrade. Certainly I don't care about the updated models (my pets look fine as they are now) but if this is extensive to stats, skill slots and any gains from veno gear it pretty much makes any other pet immediately obsolete. For some of us this could very well mean all the hard work we've put in on our pets would be wasted, and that we'll all be forced to use the exact same pets...

Hopefully this is not the case, I hope they clarify where they mean to go with this soon enough.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is pretty awesome. From what little I could figure out on the original link I gather these are test server screenies, although much like <<<veneir I would be curious to know if there is another source.

One thing that's a concern for me is that with the Sawfly and Walker being the only commonly available pets shown as upgraded, this could very well mean the update is meant to cut options down to cookiecutter alternatives to legendary pets, and that the rest of the pets system may not be getting the upgrade. Certainly I don't care about the updated models (my pets look fine as they are now) but if this is extensive to stats, skill slots and any gains from veno gear it pretty much makes any other pet immediately obsolete. For some of us this could very well mean all the hard work we've put in on our pets would be wasted, and that we'll all be forced to use the exact same pets...

Hopefully this is not the case, I hope they clarify where they mean to go with this soon enough.

I'm maybe wrong, but the last 3 images seems to be the magmite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm maybe wrong, but the last 3 images seems to be the magmite.

I hate to nitpick over a non issue but come on...

The model shown has an antropomorphic head much like the Walker's, as opossed to the Maggie's helmet shaped head which lacks a rostrum proper.

The model has also got antropomorphic hands like the walker's, magmites lack these.

The torso's proportions also resemble the Walker's and the shoulders bear similar crytal-like protuberances.

The model's outer surface is mottled as a Walker's, unlike the Magmite's smooth polished surface.

I mean, are we even looking at the same model?
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    No explainations about pets' status or their internal changes?
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I hate to nitpick over a non issue but come on...

The model shown has an antropomorphic head much like the Walker's, as opossed to the Maggie's helmet shaped head which lacks a rostrum proper.

The model has also got antropomorphic hands like the walker's, magmites lack these.

The torso's proportions also resemble the Walker's and the shoulders bear similar crytal-like protuberances.

The model's outer surface is mottled as a Walker's, unlike the Magmite's smooth polished surface.

I mean, are we even looking at the same model?

Check the 7 last images, the 4 images on the top are not the same pet than the last 3 images.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Check the 7 last images, the 4 images on the top are not the same pet than the last 3 images.

b:shocked You're absolutely right, those are two different pets!

I apologize, I hadn't noticed. Probably was fixating on how much more awesome the nix would look without that thing on top of its head...

I must also admit that your guess about the second one being the Maggie appears to be correct... Although this is really going to suck for those Venos who stuck to theirs because of looks, even if it does present better than what we assume to be the Walker...

I really hope that they don't botch the Shaodu and the Tabby if there's also models for them in the pipeline. b:surrender
    edited January 2013
    Options
    b:shocked You're absolutely right, those are two different pets!

I apologize, I hadn't noticed. Probably was fixating on how much more awesome the nix would look without that thing on top of its head...

I must also admit that your guess about the second one being the Maggie appears to be correct... Although this is really going to suck for those Venos who stuck to theirs because of looks, even if it does present better than what we assume to be the Walker...

I really hope that they don't botch the Shaodu and the Tabby if there's also models for them in the pipeline. b:surrender

Np and yes they are similar, but not the same, since before the fish expansion the glacial magmite was popular it's why I guess it's that one.

I have a herc, but I still have my magmite lvl75 since my veno date than before the fish expansion. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    is there any new information about the skill and the number skill that pet can have? is it already confirm that pet can have 6 skills?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    is there any new information about the skill and the number skill that pet can have? is it already confirm that pet can have 6 skills?

Nothing new yet.
    Those screenshots appear to be from a test server, as someone mentioned.

Now, I'm also curious as to why only these pets are shown and if there is any meaning to it. Does that mean it's a general graphic upgrade on the said pets or do we have to upgrade them via Supply Tokens (or other ways)?

I also quite agree with Manray. It may only be just a preview of a few pets whilst the whole pet system has been overhauled or it may really be that Wanmei's just telling all Venomancer to stick to the top tier pets indeed. All we can do is wait and hope PWCN doesn't postpone the patch release again.
  • dupethefile
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Next weeks, thre will be some holidays in china, and many pwcn users said the next maintenance will be in February,16 (After the holidays), and this changes will be implemmented.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Next weeks, thre will be some holidays in china, and many pwcn users said the next maintenance will be in February,16 (After the holidays), and this changes will be implemmented.

Thank you for that update. b:thanks
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Damn, so the update is many months away for us. At this rate we will see it on May.
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Smmmmmmeeexy b:dirty I want them, I want them now! QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
  • dupethefile
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I found new images: http://imgur.com/a/YgAYe

The first is the herc; second is nix; third i think that is the derjan; Fourth i think that is the kowlin. What do you think? Derjan and kowlin or not?

@Edit: Another image: http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580%3Bcp%3Dtieba%2C10%2C498%3Bap%3D%CD%EA%C3%C0%D1%FD%BE%AB%B0%C9%2C104%2C509/sign=04e03c65d1160924dc25a213e43c568a/4d086e061d950a7bb01515f70bd162d9f2d3c9e5.jpg

I think that is a new cactus appearance.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If they add another way to get the derjans I might actually go back to playing my veno...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I found new images: http://imgur.com/a/YgAYe

The first is the herc; second is nix; third i think that is the derjan; Fourth i think that is the kowlin. What do you think? Derjan and kowlin or not?

@Edit: Another image: http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580%3Bcp%3Dtieba%2C10%2C498%3Bap%3D%CD%EA%C3%C0%D1%FD%BE%AB%B0%C9%2C104%2C509/sign=04e03c65d1160924dc25a213e43c568a/4d086e061d950a7bb01515f70bd162d9f2d3c9e5.jpg

I think that is a new cactus appearance.

If that's the Derjan's Hatchling new appearance then I have to say it looks pretty badass. I still like the look it has now though, it's really cute. Nevertheless, mewants b:dirty

The Kowlin though...(if that's the new Kowlin look) it's quite ugly in my opinion. I don't want it b:cry Not that I use my Kowlin these days but still b:surrender
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I like my purple kowlin though T.T

I like my nix how it is now too! I guess the rainbowish look is kind of pretty, but i like my bird on fire...nixes are supposed to be fire birds...

The dino does look cool though. Anyone seen anything for the rest of the rare pets? Any upgrades to the bear or cuddly pup or bunnies?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    They look too awesome for words! Dino is epic, and I do like the Kowlin as well, it looks like one of those temple statues.
    I'm very, very curious about the other rare pets, I hope they keep the piggy cute, yet I'd like an upgraded look in him too. Oh, and shaodu :o ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hatchling b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty this is torture dont post new pics!!! b:laugh
  • dupethefile
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hatchling b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty this is torture dont post new pics!!! b:laugh

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Armored bear
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8877/87362065.jpg

Cuddly pup: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7580/35108870.jpg
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Oh, the puppy is actually fluffy and cute! If you could find the pig and frog, I'd be ecstatic (shaodu would also be nice lol) . I do wonder if they'll tweak the ninetails also, it would be awesome to make it look better and not have flat tails.
    Thank you so much for all the updates!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]