First Spring Seasonal Dragons' Conquest Tournament!

Options

Comments

• adri84
    adri84 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    @Asterelle

Karma got 1 free win on the never reset first week, yes, but they also got 1 Dragon's meet loss the week the NPC failed to show (week 7), which ultimately kills all your calculations. They won fair and square -shrugs-

Grats to Karma o/
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    In all honesty, the time to reset the thing was when it happened. **** sucks, but that's what it is. I don't mind extending the rewards out so more guilds get top prizes, but holy **** don't take stuff away from those that won. :/​​
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    I'm fine with the results. Hoorah started super low on the ranklist cause unfair advantages, hell there was even a week where we didnt bid, yet we managed to get 3rd place.
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    Karma went undefeated. I'm not sure any other guild can say that.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    jwbooth said:

that proves nothing if every week they had 1 war when others guilds had at least 2-4.

Even though gz to Karma.
    And pwi should fix the matching thingie.

PS Now we wait for the next Tournament to be placed and maybe map reset or something?
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    that proves nothing if every week they had 1 war when others guilds had at least 2-4.

Even though gz to Karma.
    And pwi should fix the matching thingie.

PS Now we wait for the next Tournament to be placed and maybe map reset or something?

Lewl, we had at least 2 each week as well. Not sure where you got that information from.​​
  • beast21g
    Options
    Eww i dont say that Karma had 1 wat every week. But some guilds had more that 2 every week.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's not as simple to say who is having a higher amounts of fights. It's also depends on WHO you have to fight against, and whenever or not they also have other fights, and then who they are fighting against.
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    i think all week 7 points need to be nuked as alot of factions actually lost rankings due to not being able to enter wars.
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    How can u hold a 'Tournament' that has glitches which caused some factions to move forward in rankings and some to fall backwards.. this rankings havnt been 'accurate' since.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Seems the map didnt reset with the maint, aswell as there is still no official announcement of the results of xTW Season. Got any word on this @thenamesdomino ? It was supposed to end on the 15th of this month, did this somehow get extended?
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    Somehow??? It would be a suprise if its reseted &rewards sent out with mainteance.
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah agreed when are they ever on time these days for "end of season" even if it was a jaded one! We can dream cant we!
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hey everyone, We are underway with getting the winners list out and the Prize distribution handled. We thank you for your patience :) In the meantime, you might want to start getting ready for the Summer Season Tournament. Details on that one soon...
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    Hey everyone, We are underway with getting the winners list out and the Prize distribution handled. We thank you for your patience :) In the meantime, you might want to start getting ready for the Summer Season Tournament. Details on that one soon...

@thenamesdomino

So can you broaden the prize pool a bit? http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/comment/12722096/#Comment_12722096

The standings are dominated by factions that got "free wins" in server DCs / NPC not spawning. You guys were notified on the first week that the bugged map was not properly reset and yet you took no action to fix it. With two extra weeks of wins a faction can get up to 150 points which would change the top 3 faction list.

Since this was a mistake on your part and I think it would be fair to broaden the awards so as to give the top prize to the first 2-3 factions, runner up prize to the next 2-3 factions, etc.
    ​​
  • beast21g
    Options
    still not officially anounced winners, i'm waitting if they remove the issues and the start points. I think that the rankings that we see are permanent and will never reset.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's been a number of days since this event ended. It really is not hard to pump out your official list of winners based on the rankings from the NPC. In 3 days there is another TW and the rankings will change...​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• dingo488
    edited May 2016
    Options
    asterelle said:

@thenamesdomino

So can you broaden the prize pool a bit? http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/comment/12722096/#Comment_12722096

The standings are dominated by factions that got "free wins" in server DCs / NPC not spawning. You guys were notified on the first week that the bugged map was not properly reset and yet you took no action to fix it. With two extra weeks of wins a faction can get up to 150 points which would change the top 3 faction list.

Since this was a mistake on your part and I think it would be fair to broaden the awards so as to give the top prize to the first 2-3 factions, runner up prize to the next 2-3 factions, etc.
    ​​

I think broadening the rewards is a terrible suggestion. Thats like suggesting to fix the hole in ur boat by punching another hole for the water to go back out.

This season sucked, 100% agree, but ultimately the damage is limited, its only 6 helmets. To increase the damage to like 18 helmets...is pretty stupid...

If you think your faction deserves to win, or at least place top 3, then you can do so next season, tho that will require a lot of work looking at how your last xTW against us went.
  • sakujyo
    sakujyo Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I like how a certain someone has suggested the prize pool be broadened for this contest - its ironic because the very same person was silent when 20+ people with legitimately obtained (and often 1st place in their class) heavenfall times were deprived of any reward in the last contest. Fairness should apply to every situation, not only for situations where you were at a perceived disadvantage.

Better luck next season?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    sakujyo wrote: »
    I like how a certain someone has suggested the prize pool be broadened for this contest - its ironic because the very same person was silent when 20+ people with legitimately obtained (and often 1st place in their class) heavenfall times were deprived of any reward in the last contest. Fairness should apply to every situation, not only for situations where you were at a perceived disadvantage.

Better luck next season?
    You're wrong, I was one of the first ones to bring attention to the problems in that contest. and also complained about the botched execution when the results were posted. I'm doing the same now for this latest fiasco. But whatever.

I guess this season is just hopeless. Congrats to the "winners".
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    I will just say I am happy to come in second after we missed...two weeks of bids, I believe? Including the week we could have essentially had a free win vs. most guilds due to the missing npc. egg-35.gif​​
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    asterelle said:

You're wrong, I was one of the first ones to bring attention to the problems in that contest. and also complained about the botched execution when the results were posted. I'm doing the same now for this latest fiasco. But whatever.

​​

We all know the Heavenfall event had problems. What Saku was referring to was at the very end the compensation was given to the wrong list of winners. The winning scores made before the deadline did not count, the reward list was taken from several days before the event ended. This has nothing to do with the flaws of the event itself. Though right now this is water under the bridge.
    Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »

"Thanks" .
    Do hope next season we won't encounter any issues anymore!​​
  • beast21g
    Options
    i still wait official anounce for the winers
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    My guild suffered an auto-loss in the beginning, and also had the no-NPC thing happen another week. We failed to bid a 3rd week, and still we managed to pull off ahead coming into the top 10.

We motivated our guild members with the rewards staff promised.
    Please, announce the winners.
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'm a lil surprised we haven't heard from Mintsummer or Domino on this yet.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'm a lil surprised we haven't heard from Mintsummer or Domino on this yet.

weekend... I think im the only one who works weekends.

Gratz to the top 3 factions.

or usual TW stuffs... Did they forget... I thought this was a system controlled thing?​​
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    Options
    If the winners aren't from last week and are from this week there is going to be alot of rage.
    Guilds bid and chose which battles to defend based off of where they thought they would place last week.

Why can't we just get a list of winners already?​​
    Here we go again....
  • dingo488
    Options

If the winners aren't from last week and are from this week there is going to be alot of rage.

Guilds bid and chose which battles to defend based off of where they thought they would place last week.

Why can't we just get a list of winners already?​​

Domino said last week: ''We are underway with getting the winners list out...'' which to me means they already got it all written out ^^ so I doubt that would happen
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    I'm a lil surprised we haven't heard from Mintsummer or Domino on this yet.

weekend... I think im the only one who works weekends.

Gratz to the top 3 factions.

or usual TW stuffs... Did they forget... I thought this was a system controlled thing?
    That's just it though. The season ended last weekend. They've had all week to say something.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.