Need a GM update on Heavenfall Tower Event, the fix was a bust

Options
asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
I'm not sure if you're seeing the news in the other thread @thenamesdomino @mintsummer

The dubious fix that was supposed to be in the patch this week for Heavenfall Tower never happened. The pet classes (Venomancer, Mystic, Seeker, Stormbringer) are still easily glitching rooms to get impossibly low times. This is unfair to those in those classes who are trying to do the tower legitly and secure one of the top 5 spots and it's unfair for the other 8 classes who now have to compete against pet-glitch exploiters to secure one of the top overall spots.

We need a status update before wasting time and resources this week on a serious run.
Are you planning to try again with this "fix"?
Are you going to wipe the cross server rankings again?

Also the disabling pets doesn't seem like it could ever work without also disabling all the other summoned NPCs like mystic summons, mystic plants, stormbringer avatar of storm, etc.

Maybe we need to wait for a real fix from china for this?
​​

Comments

• arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    Options
    just stop this event.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't think fixing the glitch is hard, not all rooms can be glitched afterall. It's more a problem to get them to do it >.>

I hope they postphone the event again. Quite a lot of people are busy as they decided to start the event right on Christmas, and on top of that there is still the glitch.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    But didn't they say they are going to check who is glitching and who isn't?

I don't think disabling pets is a good idea. It makes it really much harder for players who dont' care about the contest and are not endgame geared, pet is great help for them. Well, even for an endgame it's not fair to disable it.

There are many ways to do it. First of all I wonder why didn't devs make it like in cube: so that you should manually pick the quest from npc via dialogue window tiger-16.gif This would make it easier and unglitchable.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 said:

But didn't they say they are going to check who is glitching and who isn't?
    ​​

Lol. Like they have any capability to do this. That statement was just some BS to help placate the masses and to possibly deter the more fearful (and gullible) exploiters from continuing.

The whole timer thing is BS anyway, since it only tracks a portion of the time that one is in the Tower. The timer should just start running once you enter the instance. No hiding time spent farming points or resetting levels for optimal runs. Just a straight up race to see who can finish quickest.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,812 Community Moderator
    Options
    WOW just WOW...

Not sure how they can continue with an event like this now...​​
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    Options
    I think it is basically not a good idea to make an event cross-class anyway. Beside the glitch, certain classes have a natural advantage being range-class for instance.
    I think we should forget the cross-class competition and the wing reward.
    The event competition should only stay between class: top 5 of each class got rewards.
    If a class can glitch, let them all glitch and see which ones can glitch better: their problem.
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • shade13
    Options
    The event competition should only stay between class: top 5 of each class got rewards.
    If a class can glitch, let them all glitch and see which ones can glitch better: their problem.

fox-2.gif I agree tbh, glitching requires some efforts and timing and you still can be outrunned :D
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    Lol. Like they have any capability to do this. That statement was just some BS to help placate the masses and to possibly deter the more fearful (and gullible) exploiters from continuing.
    Actually, they do. You just set up a job to scan the log files for a particular set of actions and record the data. It's not even rocket science. The logs are pretty detailed.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • asterelle
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Actually, they do. You just set up a job to scan the log files for a particular set of actions and record the data. It's not even rocket science. The logs are pretty detailed.

Ehh, I remember several occasions where GMs have apologized for not being able to take action due to inadequate data in the logs. Currently there is no actual evidence GMs have this detection capability and I am doubtful they do. I think it would require knowing positioning of pets and very fine level questing data they are unlikely to have.

We're still in need of some GM response on this. There's no point in doing a super serious run if it's going to be erased next week.
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,812 Community Moderator
    Options
    Unlikely to get a Response on this until at least Tuesday Next Week...

im with Asterelle on this as their history shows... But yet to prove that theory wrong.​​
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    asterelle said:

Also the disabling pets doesn't seem like it could ever work without also disabling all the other summoned NPCs like mystic summons, mystic plants, stormbringer avatar of storm, etc.

​​

How could disabling our skills ever 'work'? would you be satisfied if they disabled the skills you rely on? how is that fair against other classes?

If they are going to take away summon skills they may as well just exclude summon classes from the event.

Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
  • shade13
    Options
    LOL at mystic without summons, 2 skills spam tiger-43.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options

Actually, they do. You just set up a job to scan the log files for a particular set of actions and record the data. It's not even rocket science. The logs are pretty detailed.​​

yah, just like that they did with botting in the old days (hah, many botted to 105, in the same spot ,for years, reported tens of times)
    just like they did with dragons FF glitch (hah)
    just like they do with people that have 10 toons on the same time, or 10 shops
    what about TT 1-4 and BS like that, they totally took control of the people exploiting...hah

and that was thwn we had relatively 3-4 times more staff for pwi
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    Options
    tbh disabling pets is not a fix to the problem, thats an attempt of the easy way out. Pets are a function of the class, a skill that allows them to do stuff faster. If it is being used in a manner not intended, you fix that issue.... lol. I'm not really sure how this glitch works, but i'm sure the glitch tiself can be fixed not just trying to disable pets or something.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    tbh disabling pets is not a fix to the problem, thats an attempt of the easy way out.

Imagine when the new roar of pride comes out for bm. Every time we use it, the bm gets disarmed, the rest do not. Would love to see their fix for that onion-16.gif​​
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options
    jabq said:

tbh disabling pets is not a fix to the problem, thats an attempt of the easy way out.

Imagine when the new roar of pride comes out for bm. Every time we use it, the bm gets disarmed, the rest do not. Would love to see their fix for that onion-16.gif​​

uh obviously remove weapons from pvp, without weapons the glitch cant occur, right?
  • shade13
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    Imagine when the new roar of pride comes out for bm. Every time we use it, the bm gets disarmed, the rest do not. Would love to see their fix for that onion-16.gif

What? tiger-16.gif It's not supposed to work like that. Is it a fresh glitch known from China or what? O.o

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    Moving the room trigger farther from door and making it spawn after a few seconds would fix this I think. I have done a few tests with my stormbringer. Clone disappears if it's farther from door when I'm ported. And if trigger took time to spawn there would be no way to activate the glitch.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • shade13
    Options
    zentfamily wrote: »
    Moving the room trigger farther from door and making it spawn after a few seconds would fix this I think. I have done a few tests with my stormbringer. Clone disappears if it's farther from door when I'm ported. And if trigger took time to spawn there would be no way to activate the glitch.

You are doing it wrong monkey-47.gif It doesn't work like that and it won't fix the glitch.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    That's weird. I managed to break the timer by doing what I did (not sure I can tell here). And it worked most of times on every single floor, though some could not be finished, obviously. Gonna dig more.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • shade13
    Options
    zentfamily wrote: »
    That's weird. I managed to break the timer by doing what I did (not sure I can tell here). And it worked most of times on every single floor, though some could not be finished, obviously. Gonna dig more.

Well, I mean that moving trigger to the most remote corner won't help. And it doesn't matter when it spawns. Few seconds later or right after you finish previous floor.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Adding an NPC to activate each room quest like it works with Cube of Fate is probably the best way to fix this, unless Wanmei's developers have a way to fix the way pets work. I'm worried a fix like that might have other consequences on pets, though. How they work in other instances and such. Pets are weird.​​
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    bump
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I'm waiting on the boss to get back from vacation. Until then I am still compiling data in the event that we're pushing ahead.
  • asterelle
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm waiting on the boss to get back from vacation. Until then I am still compiling data in the event that we're pushing ahead.

Welcome back from the holidays and thanks for the update.
    Currently it does not look like there are pet-glitched times but there's not really a way to know for sure.

If you decide to try the fix again please wait until 1 week after the fix is out before doing a reset on the times.
    The cross server times actually have an update from the previous week at 6:30am right after maintenance so last time there was a reset it still picked up times from one week before the reset.
    ​​