First Spring Seasonal Dragons' Conquest Tournament!

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2016 in Official Announcements
From the distance the sounding of drums can be heard beaconing the strongest warriors in all the land to take up the call. Amid the cacophony of marching beats the scream of a Dragon cuts through the air! Ladies and Gentlemen, the PWI Crew proudly present PWI’s first Spring Season Dragons’ Conquest Tournament!

This is a very special tournament designed to find the strongest most unstoppable faction in all the land to crown them Champion of PWI!

How this works is pretty straightforward:

During Maintenance on March 15th we will be resetting the current points on Ranking. And then… Let the games begin.

Start Date: 03/16/2016
End Date: 05/17/2016

Once the tournament begins, standard rules of Dragons’ Conquest apply. From March 16th until May 17th, cross-server rankings will be updated each week after the battle. From there we shall determine the faction who possesses the most points, and it shall emerge victorious!

The Points System is calculated as follows:
- If a faction only has Level 1 territory Vile Dragon Camp, points will be: 10 * total territories of Vile Dragon Camp
- If a faction has territories of both LV 2 Swirling Dragon Valley and LV 1 Vile Dragon Camp, points will be: 10 * (total territories of Swirling Dragon Valley + total territories of Vile Dragon Camp)
- On the End date, if a faction only has LV 2 territory Swirling Dragon Valley, and no LV 1 Vile Dragon Camp, they receive no points.
- Success on a war declaration of LV 2 Swirling Dragon Valley and possessing it, that faction will receive an extra 10 points.
- Success on a war declaration of LV 3 Dragon's Meet and possessing it, that faction will receive an extra 40 points.

We will send out rewards based on the ranking in game at NPC Rong Utshi within 2 weeks after 05/17/2016.

Rewards:
Please note that all rewards are Per Faction and NOT Per Character.

Champion Faction: (★★★Crest of Dominator * 5) (Medal of Glory * 30) (Seal of War * 400) (War Avatar Chest A * 30) (Conflagration Dragon Mount * 1)
Second Place Faction: (★★★Crest of Dominator * 2) (Medal of Glory * 20) (Seal of War * 400) (War Avatar Chest A * 20)
Third Place Faction: (★★★Crest of Dominator * 1) (Medal of Glory * 20) (Seal of War * 400) (War Avatar Chest A * 10)
4th - 10th Place Faction: (Medal of Glory * 15) (Seal of War * 300)
11th - 20thPlace Faction: (Medal of Glory * 10) (Seal of War * 200)
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• osamuria
    osamuria Posts: 11 Arc User
    i doudt it since they haven't replaced it yet from the rewards svs TW chests :/
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Please change the Sovereign Seal prize to Seal of War or something else that's actually usable in our version currently.​​
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    Please change the Sovereign Seal prize to Seal of War or something else that's actually usable in our version currently.

While at that, also edit the cross-server chests to replace the sovereign seal and other useless item with 2 useful ones for our version.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    So if the rewards are anything like the tower competition, they'll either reduce the final reward or just not bother sending it out. Why bother with a competition in this game when none of them are done right. Point and case... Sovereign Seals.. Anyone that actually plays PWI knows those aren't used in our version.
    Post edited by jwbooth on
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    jwbooth said:

So if the rewards are anything like the tower competition, they'll either reduce the final reward or just not bother sending it out. Why bother with a competition in this game when none of them are done right. Point and case... Sovereign Seals.. Anyone that actually plays PWI knows those aren't used in our version.

Also they may take points before the last week of event (End Date: 05/17/2016) and say we should of known to get more points before the time of (lets says 05/10/2016) xD
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    I'm curious, what's a crest of dominator?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

I'm curious, what's a crest of dominator?​​

scroll down the news page (maybe they updated it later), its a Crown of Madness basically ( with +8 atk lvls to make up for the lost 9 atk lvl set bonus)..but not stashable, gg

my god the Sovereign's Seal is so PWI in a nutshell, i wonder if they have a single GM that can name all the classes(without cheating)
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    mosz wrote: »
    I'm curious, what's a crest of dominator?

scroll down the news page (maybe they updated it later), its a Crown of Madness basically ( with +8 atk lvls to make up for the lost 9 atk lvl set bonus)..but not stashable, gg

my god the Sovereign's Seal is so PWI in a nutshell, i wonder if they have a single GM that can name all the classes(without cheating)

Ah I didn't see the news post yet. Might be handy to mention that kind of stuff in the OP as well, but oh well.
    I'm gonna guess they will switch the sovereign seal with Seal of War (the one we actually use)
    (Unless PWE knows about an upcoming content update that will actually use sovereign seals but that's unlikely)

@thenamesdomino clarification please.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• thenamesdomino
    I'm going to be addressing this in today's meeting. I'll keep you guys posted.
  • thenamesdomino
    Update: We are now changing the Sovereign's Seal to the Seal of War, in addition I have filled out the appropriate tickets to make sure that our item send will be sending the correct items. Great catch everyone!
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    Does this mean the HeavenFall Tower competition rewards will finally be sent out?!!
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User

Update: We are now changing the Sovereign's Seal to the Seal of War, in addition I have filled out the appropriate tickets to make sure that our item send will be sending the correct items. Great catch everyone!

Did you also address the standard reward chests from Dragon's Conquest? Those also falsely contain Sovereign's Seals and need to be changed to Seal of War.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33854

Faction Signet Bag (5%)
    Dragonlord's Coin - 100 (91.3%)
    Sovereign's Seal (0.5%)
    Grand Commander's Order (2%)
    Medal of Glory (0.2%)
    General Summer's Token (1%)

besides the sovereign seal, grand commander's order is also useless to us.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    enelimm said:

We will send out rewards based on the ranking in game at NPC Rong Utshi within 2 weeks after 05/17/2016.

So once again Dawnglory is getting preferential treatment in this cross server BS. As was witnessed in the first attempt at Dragon Conquest, with scores being equal, Dawnglory gets ranked first. It's not enough that they get stronger week after week because their endgame upgrades come way cheaper and easier than on the other 3 servers due to preference in NW, they also win ranking on ties.
  • sakulv
    sakulv Posts: 28 Arc User
    What about those 20 event gold from previous Dragon Conquest :/

dynavenosbychibizzz2_zps02ce33d3.png

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    perrion said:

enelimm said:

So once again Dawnglory is getting preferential treatment in this cross server BS. As was witnessed in the first attempt at Dragon Conquest, with scores being equal, Dawnglory gets ranked first. It's not enough that they get stronger week after week because their endgame upgrades come way cheaper and easier than on the other 3 servers due to preference in NW, they also win ranking on ties.
    Lol you best get ur complaints ready again if you get so salty over results

In case of a full 2 hours XTW the winner will also default to Dawnglory.
    Since you are unable to switch battles or enter a battle when its been going on for 5 minutes means the only factions that can defend while at the same time fighting another major faction in XTW will be factions with well over 100 people available, which at that timezone will only be the Dawnglory factions. And all factions are forced to prioritize defending their lowest tier land against whatever weak faction is attacking it since if you lose ur lowest tier land you will no longer receive points

I suggest you just let it go n try to have sum fun :)
  • thesemisolidowl
    thesemisolidowl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The winner would only default to DA if both sides had the same number of points at the end which is extremely unlikely unless we get another mass dc at the start. Even then it might not. I can't say for sure as I've never been in one that ended with equal points at the end. During the first one with a mass dc my side had captured one of the resource points and our opponent did not, so we won.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User

The winner would only default to DA if both sides had the same number of points at the end which is extremely unlikely unless we get another mass dc at the start. Even then it might not. I can't say for sure as I've never been in one that ended with equal points at the end. During the first one with a mass dc my side had captured one of the resource points and our opponent did not, so we won.

Was referring to the final standings. If two factions have let's say 100 points, the one from Da will be ranked higher on the list. With such a short time frame (8 weeks), it's not at all unlikely for factions to have similar point totals.

As far as SoW as a reward, kinda happy with that, let Da get the short end of the stick for a change. That reward is 10x more valuable on TT.

And yes, I'm bitter.
  • thesemisolidowl
    thesemisolidowl Posts: 9 Arc User
    perrion said:

Was referring to the final standings. If two factions have let's say 100 points, the one from Da will be ranked higher on the list. With such a short time frame (8 weeks), it's not at all unlikely for factions to have similar point totals.

As far as SoW as a reward, kinda happy with that, let Da get the short end of the stick for a change. That reward is 10x more valuable on TT.

And yes, I'm bitter.

I was responding to dingo488 or qontrol actually, about the 2 hour tw defaulting to a DA faction.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Ah ye thats possible, I guess we dont rly know just how oftenly a scenario like that will occure...

Either way I dun care about winning/losing, but im hyped /o/
    My only real worry is that defending ur old land is 100x more important than taking a new one, so Im a little worried for the factions on TT/Tideswell/Etherblade, wether they'll even have enough people to then have a proper 1v1 vs the other big factions with the resources they are forced to spend on defending against whatever weak faction is attacking their old land
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2016

The very first xTW Hoorah had more points than HaxSquad (and then the mass dc happeed), yet HaxSquad won.​​
  • frenzii
    frenzii Posts: 2 Arc User
    "During Maintenance on March 15th we will be resetting the current points on Ranking. And then… Let the games begin."
    source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9856743-dragon's-conquest-spring-season-tournament

The X-Server map didnt reset on Twilight Temple server.
    http://i.imgur.com/vAqqlSu.jpg
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    HHmmm but for those with CoM and WoA isn
    frenzii said:

"During Maintenance on March 15th we will be resetting the current points on Ranking. And then… Let the games begin."
    source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9856743-dragon's-conquest-spring-season-tournament

The X-Server map didnt reset on Twilight Temple server.
    http://i.imgur.com/vAqqlSu.jpg

GG Just like Heavenfall contest fail at start this one too gonna fail and be set to a later date then have rewards given to wrong people xD
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Lol great, hopefully they do something instead of letting the people who won during mass dc get a headstart tiger-9.gif​​
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    My only beef about this, is that player like me who support lower ppl in smaller faction have no access to event like these. This game is less and less and less interesting every time I play. Oh and getting a house that you probably copied for skyrim or FB is not going to make me value this game more. ( By you I mean the ppl who desing this game ofc, has you the real you have no power on this development, at all. )
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

My only beef about this, is that player like me who support lower ppl in smaller faction have no access to event like these. This game is less and less and less interesting every time I play. Oh and getting a house that you probably copied for skyrim or FB is not going to make me value this game more. ( By you I mean the ppl who desing this game ofc, has you the real you have no power on this development, at all. )

yes you have access to this event just your guild must bid for cross server TW, i saw guilds with no lands that bided and got qualify. So dont say BS about oportunities and not having access.

have a nice day

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino

The map should have been reset with the TW map reset but it never happened.
    vAqqlSu.jpg
    Factions are going to enter this competition with an unfair advantage from the DC.

When problems were pointed out to you early in the Heavenfall competition you ended up ignoring the complaints and canceled the competition after people had already wasted their time. Don't make that mistake again.
    ​​
This discussion has been closed.