First Spring Seasonal Dragons' Conquest Tournament!

Options

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not sure what you want @thenamesdomino to do...

Its not like the dude has a big red ''reset-button'' on his desk. At this rate its gonna take forever before XTW really kicks off, not to mention there's an extremely low likelyhood that the 1 week headstart that some of the factions (mainly the DG factions) got will make any real difference.

Its not like in regular TW, where factions can simply run away from/avoid fighting stronger factions to inflate their points n luck out in the final weeks. By the looks of the way its designed the top factions have to fight eachother for the Tier 3 victory which brings in most of the points (I believe 40 points, in comparison to the 10 from lower tier lands), so whichever factions are the strongest 3 (or the biggest 3, lets be honest, numbers > anything else) are extremely likely to still end up being the top 3, even with this 1 week headstart, just let it roll the way its been going, waited long enough QQ Especially since this was the most boring TW season ever, Im ready for sum good action -shrugs-

On a side-note Im extremely happy with how this is designed, altho my faction prolly wont have enough people to compete for a top 3 position. TW was pretty annoying, cuz the 2nd, 3rd and 4th strongest factions were basically just counting the weeks n constantly triple attacking the #1 faction as if they're just gonna eventually luck their way into a completely undeserved victory...Apparently there's a big lack of interrest in competing, at least on Twilight Temple, this kind of forces people that wanna compete to actually compete, thats nice.
    Post edited by dingo488 on
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    the prizes will go to leaders and leaders will provide the items to members?
  • shaiyrdren
    shaiyrdren Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 said:

Its not like the dude has a big red ''reset-button'' on his desk. At this rate its gonna take forever before XTW really kicks off, not to mention there's an extremely low likelyhood that the 1 week headstart that some of the factions (mainly the DG factions) got will make any real difference.

Its not like in regular TW, where factions can simply run away from/avoid fighting stronger factions to inflate their points n luck out in the final weeks. By the looks of the way its designed the top factions have to fight eachother for the Tier 3 victory which brings in most of the points (I believe 40 points, in comparison to the 10 from lower tier lands), so whichever factions are the strongest 3 (or the biggest 3, lets be honest, numbers > anything else) are extremely likely to still end up being the top 3, even with this 1 week headstart, just let it roll the way its been going, waited long enough QQ Especially since this was the most boring TW season ever, Im ready for sum good action -shrugs-

On a side-note Im extremely happy with how this is designed, altho my faction prolly wont have enough people to compete for a top 3 position. TW was pretty annoying, cuz the 2nd, 3rd and 4th strongest factions were basically just counting the weeks n constantly triple attacking the #1 faction as if they're just gonna eventually luck their way into a completely undeserved victory...Apparently there's a big lack of interrest in competing, at least on Twilight Temple, this kind of forces people that wanna compete to actually compete, thats nice.

He might not have a big red reset button, but he may have access to someone who does, or access to someone who has access to someone who does. Think just a little bit harder, please.

Probably right about the unfair advantage, though if it's a simple thing to reset it would be good to get that in.

Don't hate the players, hate the game. PWI incentivizes a gank-the-leader style of TW with their current mechanics. If you dislike it, feel free to take your complaints to where it matters, rather than putting in some thinly veiled propaganda in an otherwise useful post.
    Celestris - Twilight Temple
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Still have our points too, not just the land. Guess they missed resetting those as well.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dingo488
    Options

dingo488 said:

He might not have a big red reset button, but he may have access to someone who does, or access to someone who has access to someone who does. Think just a little bit harder, please.

Probably right about the unfair advantage, though if it's a simple thing to reset it would be good to get that in.

Don't hate the players, hate the game. PWI incentivizes a gank-the-leader style of TW with their current mechanics. If you dislike it, feel free to take your complaints to where it matters, rather than putting in some thinly veiled propaganda in an otherwise useful post.
    lol ''Think harder please'' ofcourse I know he does, and the map has been reset multiple times, and where are we now? In the exact same situation...Im simply saying, instead of restarting this process another 100 times we shud just suck it up n roll with what we got.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 said:

On a side-note Im extremely happy with how this is designed, altho my faction prolly wont have enough people to compete for a top 3 position. TW was pretty annoying, cuz the 2nd, 3rd and 4th strongest factions were basically just counting the weeks n constantly triple attacking the #1 faction as if they're just gonna eventually luck their way into a completely undeserved victory...

No one was looking to steal the season victory. 2,3,4 were in no position to put up a fight against 1. Double and triple attacks evened up the odds. By "pretty annoying" I guess you mean having to work for a victory, rather than a 5-10 minute roll to pad your ego.
    dingo488 said:

Apparently there's a big lack of interrest in competing, at least on Twilight Temple, this kind of forces people that wanna compete to actually compete, thats nice.

Oh the hypocracy. If the people in #1 were actually interested in competing, rather than in parading around as the top dog, they would migrate to one of the other TW factions and open up the map to some more closely matched fights.

• beast21g
    Options
    Can you check @thenamesdomino what about cross server TW and the problem of having fight from the same server?
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    perrion said:

Oh the hypocracy. If the people in #1 were actually interested in competing, rather than in parading around as the top dog, they would migrate to one of the other TW factions and open up the map to some more closely matched fights.

It's not hoorah's fault that several core chinatown members fled to private servers even though ct vindi and hoorah were evenly matched in power and there was great pk and tw. But guess all they wanted is to be #1.

It's also not hoorah's or any other faction's duty to disband or migrate just to serve people's needs whenever one faction happens to be on top.

And what's wrong with having a faction event to celebrate a win and make its members happy?

Also ignore dingo.
  • perrion
    Options
    booker27 said:

perrion said:

It's not hoorah's fault that several core chinatown members fled to private servers even though ct vindi and hoorah were evenly matched in power and there was great pk and tw. But guess all they wanted is to be #1.

It's also not hoorah's or any other faction's duty to disband or migrate just to serve people's needs whenever one faction happens to be on top.

And what's wrong with having a faction event to celebrate a win and make its members happy?

Also ignore dingo.
    Hoorah rightly deserved the season win, I have no issue with that. What irritates me is the people that only want to be #1. They are the reason that TW sucks. As soon as they start loosing they quit or jump ship to the winning faction. It's often these same people that then start complaining about how there is no competition.

Hehe, when I mentioned parading around, I wasn't refereeing to your actual parade.
  • dingo488
    Options
    Lol I left Hoorah to join ChinaTown to help them in TW, and they simply refused to TW against Vindicate or Legendary, 2 opponent that wouldve been a pretty good match for them, so I left again :(
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Options
    I already said it in the suggestion box, but for the love of all things holy, please put more than 1 npc to enter xtw.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• perrion
    Options
    What a complete waste of time.

Not only was the system message wrong about the start time, but after finally getting in, both battles that my faction was in had no opponents.

TY for wasting my afternoon PWI.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    What a complete waste of time.

Not only was the system message wrong about the start time, but after finally getting in, both battles that my faction was in had no opponents.

TY for wasting my afternoon PWI.

I think that this is more to blame on your opponents for not showing up, than on PWE. samurai-48.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • perrion
    Options

I think that this is more to blame on your opponents for not showing up, than on PWE. samurai-48.gif​​

It's PWI's fault for setting up such a convoluted half-assed battle system during a time inconvenient for 3/4 of the participating servers.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    I don't understand why we just can't enter via normal cross server npcs that appear in every major city for NW/Sun Valley. p;​​
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    nvm​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    asterelle said:

@thenamesdomino

The map should have been reset with the TW map reset but it never happened.

vAqqlSu.jpg

Factions are going to enter this competition with an unfair advantage from the DC.

When problems were pointed out to you early in the Heavenfall competition you ended up ignoring the complaints and canceled the competition after people had already wasted their time. Don't make that mistake again.
    ​​

Welcome to Heavenfall Competition 2.0
    Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
  • beast21g
    Options
    can anyone explain how points given to guilds?
  • dingo488
    Options
    Its basically like everything else on PWI, it rewards avoiding a good fight with another strong faction -_- so disappointing once again
  • beast21g
    Options
    sorry i cant see if you have wrote something it's blanc
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    They should probably up the TW land requirement to participate and I guess reduce dragon lands a bit. This event probably works on PWCN with their many servers and players but so far all battles I've been to have been empty. dino2-20.gif​​
  • chary
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The only actual fun war my guild has had was last weekend and it wasn't even vs. a guild from a different server.

Edit- Oh w/e. I'll edit this.

We got placed vs. Drakon(Etherblade), Origin(Twilight Temple), and Dynasty(Tideswell) this weekend. Drakon didn't even put a scout in. Origin no-showed also. Dynasty showed up with like 20-ish people.​​
    Post edited by chary on
  • beast21g
    edited April 2016
    Options
    4 cross server TW same time good job PWI keep it up!
    what next?

Other guilds are wined or no show. How some guilds every week wined TW and others ganked?
    I mean 2 TW are ok same time every guild can do that. but 3 or 4 not a chance

Can you fix any of that @thenamesdomino or should quit the event and that parody for cross server TWs?

unless if you guys want TW 10 vs 10
  • chary
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    I mean 2 TW are ok same time every guild can do that. but 3 or 4 not a chance

I mean, that's kind of the point.​​
  • chary
    Options
    You could probably also encourage that by not having season rewards thus making it more likely for the bigger guilds to just bid the highest tier every week for lulz fights vs. each other, but you know...that thing about hindsight. egg-35.gif​​
  • dingo488
    Options
    I would prefer if they removed everything cept from Dragon's Meet, so thats its always a 1v1 for the highest tier lands. The fact the factions with the most lands on the TW map on the server itself get priority over factions with less lands should mean that all servers are equally represented by what would most likely be the best factions.

Altho this week doesnt really count since we (Hoorah) messed up the bidding, I think in all xTWs combined I havent taken even half my total health in damage. x.x Hopefully the end of the season will be more fun fights
This discussion has been closed.