What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Gateway down?

Comments

• Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    oh dear if devs can't fix this, i dread the launch day of mod 6. Also looks like PWE fired everyone who works with gateway and noone has any clue how to get it back running again. Guess i should get very comfortable with Neverwinter nights for the next month until the devs get that out rolling smoothly.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Let me guess, for cost saving reasons you did not upgrade your data center's bandwidth for the Xbox launch ?

Good thing I still need to finish Witcher 2, DA3 and have Pillars of Eternity now, just in case the M6 rollout goes horribly wrong.
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    PLease fix this!

I havent been able to play the game for a week due to work, but at least i can do some professions and SCA on the gateway. Play the AH at least.

But now i cant do anything. Gateway was the only thing keeping me interested in this game
  • Options
    rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2015
    b769e5c99f9441e5bfd96687128eff71a75ba76a37fcd4193a5b3d109c107ec4.jpg
  • Options
    tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    rovadix wrote: »
    b769e5c99f9441e5bfd96687128eff71a75ba76a37fcd4193a5b3d109c107ec4.jpg

Ahahahaaha
  • Options
    neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's so laggy, I've never seen it this bad before. Can't even get to it at all with Firefox, Chrome and IE work just slow as hell. Please fix this!!!
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now I cannot connect
    Now I can connect
    Now I get disconnected
    Now I can connect
    Now I can select a char
    Now I get disconnected
    Now I cannot connect
    Now I can connect
    Now I can select a char
    Now I can open the profession page
    Now I get disconnected
    Now I cannot connect
    Now I can connect
    Now I can select a char
    Now I can open the profession pages
    Now I can click a completed job
    Now it says my inventory is full and the job cannot be completed - I know my inventory is not full at all
    Now I get disconnected
  • Options
    banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ooh joy.. stil not working, oh well, time for coffee..
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here's the new guy that they "promoted" to Gateway management:

im-new.gif
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dear (all people involved in producing Neverwinter),

I think it's safe to say that Neverwinter is the most bug-ridden, problem besieged, piece of software that I have ever come across. The only reason I continue to play, is that there simply isn't anything better available at this time. If you want people to continue to buy Zen, I would strongly suggest you get your act together, and start producing a QUALITY product. I would suggest you begin by fixing all of the existing bugs, both in the game and in the gateway. The details are what matter.

Regards,

A disappointed Neverwinter denizen.
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    something I've noticed is if you click on gateway from their main site [ http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter ] it will load up (laggy, but load) .. almost seems like they're blocking direct requests but not referring.. it takes 20seconds between requests.. (sometimes 40s and then dc's you) and looking at all the requests one click of the GW requires.. sometimes 20 separate requests to their socket.io .. well.. dang.. ;) why not just make it one request ..
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I think it's safe to say that Neverwinter is the most bug-ridden, problem besieged, piece of software that I have ever come across. The only reason I continue to play, is that there simply isn't anything better available at this time. If you want people to continue to buy Zen, I would strongly suggest you get your act together, and start producing a QUALITY product. I would suggest you begin by fixing all of the existing bugs, both in the game and in the gateway. The details are what matter.

Regards,

completely agree.. sad truth is.. no one is forcing us to play.. (well.. except for the addiction... desire.. and NEED TO PLAY) lol.. but at the end of the day.. it's free.. and they prob are thinking the same thing.. they're putting their resources where they think the most ROI will come .. sadly.. it isn't us ;( or they just don't have the resources to support us.. or they're just asleep ;p

Either way.. as an avid user.. I deal with the lag.. it nail biting and sometimes I shake the mouse.. but when I do get it to load.. I grin.. PROFESSION Set for 18hrs! lol.. *goes back to work
  • Options
    delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    with chrome i have this error code : Code d'erreur : ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the referral link does the same thing as going direct. sometimes get to login page and sometimes not. I still haven't been able to get past the login page since monday afternoon.

b0rkch0p wrote: »
    something I've noticed is if you click on gateway from their main site [ http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter ] it will load up (laggy, but load) .. almost seems like they're blocking direct requests but not referring.. it takes 20seconds between requests.. (sometimes 40s and then dc's you) and looking at all the requests one click of the GW requires.. sometimes 20 separate requests to their socket.io .. well.. dang.. ;) why not just make it one request ..
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Regards,

Exactly!

We don't want a new module every 3 months. Just spend 6 months to fix all existing bugs and make everything WAI.

Layering bugs upon bugs just make everything into a tangled mess that'll require greater effort to undo/fix later down the road.

I love the game and will still support it, please give us more reasons to stay and open our wallets to you.
  • Options
    nemezischonemezischo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    THE GATEWAY HAS BEEN FIXED!!!

April fools :)
  • Options
    dublindandublindan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nemezischo wrote: »

Nope, Still doing the same thing on this end
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    nemezischo wrote: »

*nods.. nope.. *nod... nope lol.. I just refresh the screen and it works.. it's 75/25.. but all my pro's are in their 8-18hr tasks.. so at least I got that far ;)
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Regards,

You know, I was going to write up this whole sarcastic post and everything but really I'm just laughing too hard to do so. They've been making games this way for years, and they are clearly making money doing it that way or they wouldn't still be doing it. I can guarantee the people running the game know how to make money off of it better than you do.

Their goal isn't to make a quality product. Their goal is to make money. They are clearly achieving that goal, because their business practices haven't changed in all that time.
  • Options
    bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    We don't want a new module every 3 months. Just spend 6 months to fix all existing bugs and make everything WAI.

Fixing the bugs and exploits and fixing the key elements of the game (like gateway) won't make players to spend more money.

Providing people with "new" "content" every 3 months, forcing them to work on their eq over and over again is the source of $$$.

Unfortnately it seems QUALITY < $$$
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, quality is supposed to be free, after all (at least that's what the taught us in our software development class).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, quality is supposed to be free, after all (at least that's what the taught us in our software development class).
    Quality is never free. Especially in "freemium" games. You can hardly expect a "quality" product not having to pay for it. What you can observe in NW. "Gateway not working? Sorry, it's beta and f2p - so what?".
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bezik01 wrote: »
    Quality is never free. Especially in "freemium" games. You can hardly expect a "quality" product not having to pay for it. What you can observe in NW. "Gateway not working? Sorry, it's beta and f2p - so what?".

At this point I'd be satisfied with "Mostly working".
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Ok ok now that you're done surveying the forum, get back to your desk and resume your work on MOD 6 launch, you PWE employee :p
  • Options
    muskowski198muskowski198 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fixing the bugs and exploits and fixing the key elements of the game (like gateway) won't make players to spend more money.

Actualy fixing bugs and exploits will make more players to come and less players to quit. Isn't it what money come's from? The players?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Actualy fixing bugs and exploits will make more players to come and less players to quit. Isn't it what money come's from? The players?
    What makes more money: working gateway or new gear you have to upgrade (by spending money on upgrade items) ?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Gateway is certainly not their priority for sure, especially with the launch of MOD 6 just round the corner :(
  • Options
    rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What makes more money: working gateway or new gear you have to upgrade (by spending money on upgrade items) ?

I'll take option C - Xbox.