What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Gateway down?

Comments

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm... I did upgrade to Firefox 37 earlier.

I didn't test it, it was only mentioned from some user in the german forum. Is it still working with FF37?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They should raffle off a Tiamat companion once a month to hire an IT guy.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    I didn't test it, it was only mentioned from some user in the german forum. Is it still working with FF37?

I just installed the previous version of Firefox (36.0.4) in a virtual machine and I'm still getting the "Secure Connection Failed" error.
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They've been 'looking into it' since yesterday to no avail. Seems like a major issue this time to cause the gateway to be down for so long... either that or their available manpower are fully devoted to readying MOD 6 for launch in less than a week and they simply don't have folks to spare to look into this timely :(
  • Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Such a bummer... I bought a new gaming computer a 10 days ago and literally have hit a brick wall when it comes to professions. I sure hope they take this seriously...
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thats why Id get a new gaming computer... professions.... /s

You could just log in to the game with said new gaming computer.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So What About an UPDATE! Devs.

It's been over 24 hours now and I'm sure you're busy. But come on. A 10 minute update will go a LONG way in PR with the players.
  • Options
    tatersalad77tatersalad77 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't worry they will have it fixed in the same amount of time as they fixed the mobile gateway.. oh ya they still haven't fixed the mobile gateway that has been down almost 2 MONTHS NOW.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not working on Chrome or IE for me either. Welcome to the land of (PC) misfit toys.
  • Options
    dublindandublindan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So basically this means that the xbox launch means the end of the gateway, cause this only happened to me when they were doing the beta runs of xbox server and now the launch. Surely it is not coincidence....
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One upside to the problems of the gateway being unusable...the thursday server maintenance can't make it worse than it already is.
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Why did you have to say that? I dread the coming of Thursday enough, as it is... *shakes his fist*

Oh come on now, it's not like they'll break something in their next round of patching nothing.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting dc-ed every 2nd minute.
    Devs, admins, an ETA? A statement? Something?
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    yossiz1974yossiz1974 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "We are aware of the issue and our team is looking into it".
    You won't get more than that.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    STILL. Its been like 2 days now?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the gateway is currently being sacrificed at the alter of XBox support. The support and "fix-it" teams will be crazy-busy with the XBox launch and thus not available for the gateway. Hopefully, they will find a bit of time for us at some point. Given that they always seem to be short of resources, it does seem a bit mad to be launching XBox NW and Mod 6 on PC within a week of each other.

I'd forgotten how painful it is to do profs in-game. Wait... wait... click! Wait.... wait... click!

Anyone know if there is a gateway for the XBox version?
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really, really annoying, I just want to do my professions more than once a day and I can't even log in now.
  • Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fix this guys. Gateway was an incredible tool. Now is a source of anger and rage!
  • Options
    bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    it seems xbox players and their fresh $$$ are more important than fixing most vital parts of the game that do not work properly.
  • Options
    yossiz1974yossiz1974 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't forget the gateway is "beta". so theoretically you can't demand the same level of service as with the game. Too bad though, I think this feature is what makes the game stand head and shoulders above the other free-to-play MMOs
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yossiz1974 wrote: »
    Don't forget the gateway is "beta".
    That's the common way in MMO business to avoid responsibility for anything that does not work. Even some games remain in beta stage to the end. "Oh, it's live for the past 2 years and does not work? But it's beta, so just spend your $$$ and maybe it will work in the future".
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bezik01 wrote: »
    That's the common way in MMO business to avoid responsibility for anything that does not work. Even some games remain in beta stage to the end. "Oh, it's live for the past 2 years and does not work? But it's beta, so just spend your $$$ and maybe it will work in the future".

...talking of War Thunder?

Yeah. That Gateway "beta" tag seems to be that fig-leaf thing to avoid obligations. Primarily regarding potential security issues, I presume. It's the FotM (well, decade would be more appropriate) software producers use to tell you "use at your own risk"...

...and, on the bright side, they at least do it openly, with impunity, and not sneakily in the fine print as certain other "industries" do.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We can probably thank Google for bringing the perpetual Beta thing into the mainstream. GMail was in Beta for years.

Anyhow, I don't think Cryptic are hiding behind the Beta thing. I think they are probably just prioritising the XBox support right now, which is exactly what I would do in their shoes. Maybe we will get a bit more love next week when mod 6 goes live.

OT: The whole thing is crying out for a service status page though. My ISP has a page where each server or service has a red, amber or green light next to it, plus a single sentence about the status of each. It's easy to implement and would hugely reduce the number of forum threads like these.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    I think they are probably just prioritising the XBox support right now, which is exactly what I would do in their shoes. Maybe we will get a bit more love next week when mod 6 goes live.
    And I think some players will think twice before spending any $$$ knowing that due to "prioritising" their game experience is limited, because $$$ of new players is more important.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Gateway is still borked :(
  • Options
    megatantrumusmegatantrumus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *bah deleted rant*

Can ya fix it already? ;)
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't imagine the fix is that complicated. Obviously there is some sort of interference/bandwidth issue related to Xbox going live. It is annoying that gateway is still completely messed-up after several days straight. That's a bit much, guys.

Put in more overtime hours! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."