test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please "balance" rogues

cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Class is overpowered this weekend and needs "adjustment" perhaps a "power" adjustment is in order or a decrease in survivability to the point where you can survive longer than a few seconds without a heal.
Post edited by cronis10000 on

Comments

• Options
    aiquesacoaiquesaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ***** please!!!!!

They reduced the damage!
    Sneak Attack:
    Before: Increases your damage by 25% while Stealthed.
    Now: Increases Run Speed by 10% while stealthed
    Typical trickster rogue carioca (Rio de Janeiro/ Brasil), always with the flash of a smile and a hidden dagger.
    19.jpg
  • Options
    neya01neya01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    They already nerfed Rogue thanks to u whiners, now you want even further nerfing?!!!!! For ****** sake, the Rogue ISNT supposed to be a weak little coward. We're supposed to be single-target heavy-hitters, not some halfbaked GWF.
  • Options
    altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Why are adjustment and power in quotes?

Oh, I get it, this is a veiled innuendo thread, ain't it? Sorry, but you're rubbish at innuendos.
    They reduced the damage!
    Sneak Attack:
    Before: Increases your damage by 25% while Stealthed.
    Now: Increases Run Speed by 10% while stealthed

On the off chance that you're actually complaining about rogues, you should know that this did happen ^

25% is a lot, you should know.

I really want to know why people wish to see the rogue useless - okay, you got thrashed by one in PvP. So what? Learn to counter them - it is possible.
  • Options
    jonrobinjonrobin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since I didn't play in this last beta, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed any changes? Thanks. jr
  • Options
    nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    as a rogue i don't see why the other rogues are complaining, 1 shotting most mobs isn't my idea of a balanced game.
  • Options
    xshadesx88xshadesx88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This community is full of whinner and/or kids. so let me get this right u want a rogue to be low dmg and have low surv. too? might as well nerf defense on a guardian cuz i cant crit them on my rogue for 900 and neft control wizard cuz they force choke and freeze me from RANGE. How about you learn to play so u dont get steamrolled by a rogue or stop going lonewolf after a rogue when ur hp is at half like a dumbazz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rogue received a lot of nerf, lurker's assault has had it's duration SEVERELY nerfed and damage nerfed too. stealth no longer grants +25% damage (not a small nerf at all). lashing blade from stealth now is a guaranteed crit insated of +50% damage. and other stuff.

the rogue is a very early bloomer making the first part of the game trivial but the game eventually catches up to them. try playing a rogue from 50 to 60 and see if it is still immortal. suddendly enemies are too tough to go down in 1 stealth and they WILL kill you in a matter of seconds outside stealth.

rogue has been nerfed enough, gwf has been nerfed too much (needs to get a bit more damage now imho) and cleric kinda sucks. power up gwf and cleric and stop hating the rogue.

remember rogues outside stealth has no capacity to take a hit at all (yeah i played rogue a lot, it just dies if it doesn't avoid being hit entirely), very limited control capabilities and cannot perform any kind of support or AoE damage. single target dps and gimmick damage avoidance is what they do and they shouldn't stop being able to do it.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nec0e wrote: »
    as a rogue i don't see why the other rogues are complaining, 1 shotting most mobs isn't my idea of a balanced game.

Cause the people proclaiming there is nothing wrong with the rogue, and that it's not over powered, simply want to play the power class in the game. They are not concerned with the power of the rogue being in line with the other classes, they simply wish to steamroll through, laughing at everyone not playing a rogue.

It is the darling class of the Devs and they simply refuse to touch it, instead, nerfing every other class and making sure they come no where near the rogues survivability. Will other classes be played ? yes. someone will always play another class. The problem is, in a few months after release, everyone will be playing rogues. The game will look like Neverwinter, plague of rogues. Not a balanced DnD game, but a game where rogues rule.

Take rogues out of launch, and see how the beta rogue players enjoy playing the other classes if they think there is nothing OP about the rogue. Then we can all point laugh and say "learn to play the class and stop complaining."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    the dev refuse to touch it? did you read any of the other posts at all?

-25% damage from stealth.
    you can no longer gain action points during lurker assault making it 1/2, 1/3 as long.
    lurker's assault also got it's damage roughly halved.
    lashing blade got nerfed from +50% damage to guaranteed crit from stealth.
    shocking execution got nerfed consistently as well.
    impossible to catch also has been nerfed (but i forgot the specifics)

+a bunch of less relevant stuff...

how's that "refusing to touch" the class?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    How about they lower the ability to evade damage on the rogue. I would like to see how the rogue likes not being able to avoid all the damage incoming on them.
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They already nerfed it to hell and back, and you want them to nerf them even more?!
    You're freaking crazy
    Rogues are the damage (striker) class (they haven't added others based purely on dps yet),
    it would make sense therefore, to,
    I don't know,
    actually DO DAMAGE
    When they get hit, though, it's like paper or glass, kinda the point of DPS CLASS

Instead of asking rogues to be nerfed (when they are doing their job, DPS),
    why don't you ask for the other classes to be more balanced and better at survivability,
    makes more sense
  • Options
    skullysmashskullysmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dont diss the rogue he was my first pick in WoW now somone give me a **** beta key please
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    do you got a beta key i can i have?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sephere wrote: »
    They already nerfed it to hell and back, and you want them to nerf them even more?!
    You're freaking crazy
    Rogues are the damage (striker) class (they haven't added others based purely on dps yet),
    it would make sense therefore, to,
    I don't know,
    actually DO DAMAGE
    When they get hit, though, it's like paper or glass, kinda the point of DPS CLASS

Instead of asking rogues to be nerfed (when they are doing their job, DPS),
    why don't you ask for the other classes to be more balanced and better at survivability,
    makes more sense

well said but hey do you got a beta key i can have??
  • Options
    zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This OP is pathetic. This thread is pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    do you got a beta key i can i have?

Can't wait 17 more days?
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Class is overpowered this weekend and needs "adjustment" perhaps a "power" adjustment is in order or a decrease in survivability to the point where you can survive longer than a few seconds without a heal.

ive been doing non stop testing about rogues in pvp and pve. I will be writeing a thread on it after this weekend. rogues are op it is just that simple. right now they are doing 2.5-3 times the damage of GWF and CW. just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> difference. rogues should do maybe MAYYYbeee 30% more dps. not 200% more then all classes in game.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This nothing but a troll thread and should be report as one.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ive been doing non stop testing about rogues in pvp and pve. I will be writeing a thread on it after this weekend. rogues are op it is just that simple. right now they are doing 2.5-3 times the damage of GWF and CW. just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> difference. rogues should do maybe MAYYYbeee 30% more dps. not 200% more then all classes in game.

Considering they are the only pure DPS class in the game, they should be doing considerably more damage.

The CW has tons of CC and range, the GWF has AoE, control, and beefiness... The rogue has damage.

Although, your estimate of "2.5-3 times more damage" is a tad off, from my experience - generally, I've seen rogues perform in your "Goldilocks zone" of 30%-50% with fair consistency, only spiking up towards 100%+ if the rogue is exceptional or the GWF sucks.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    altyre wrote: »
    Considering they are the only pure DPS class in the game, they should be doing considerably more damage.

The CW has tons of CC and range, the GWF has AoE, control, and beefiness... The rogue has damage.

Although, your estimate of "2.5-3 times more damage" is a tad off, from my experience - generally, I've seen rogues perform in your "Goldilocks zone" of 30%-50% with fair consistency, only spiking up towards 100%+ if the rogue is exceptional or the GWF sucks.

Call me a **** troll all you like, GWF has beefiness? and Wizard has control and therefore the damage imbalance in the game is OK?

Rogues whether you like it or not need to be addressed or it will be Neverwinter Rogue.

Don't like it because your class will be nerfed, joined the rest of the club.
  • Options
    dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Call me a **** troll all you like, GWF has beefiness? and Wizard has control and therefore the damage imbalance in the game is OK?

Rogues whether you like it or not need to be addressed or it will be Neverwinter Rogue.

Don't like it because your class will be nerfed, joined the rest of the club.

are you daft or did you not read any of the other responses to this thread? rogues have already been nerfed, a very considerable nerf to boot, all the L50 rogues i see now in dungeons are no longer the heavy hitters, they are now being out-dpsed by gwf and cw which is just laughable.
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • Options
    morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Some of you folks need to go back to world-of-whiners and leave this game to the adults. The classes are divided into roles categorized by type. If you can't understand a rock-paper-scissors combat system then you just confirm how ignorant you are. This is not wow, not EQ, not Rift, nor GW2, or any other previous MMO. This is Neverwinter and it's based on a set of rules it seems that quite a few have little to no comprehension or understanding of. I just hope cryptic gets a clue about how many whiners there are in this forum and stops catering to the loud minority. When you begin nerfing classes into the ground because of PVP issues, you begin the downhill slide of ruining a system like this. Get rid of the PVP aspect entirely, focus on raid content for 10 and 20 man groups. Focus on PVE content and create an open world PVP server. Implement skill changes for PVP on a PVP server only. You can't cater to PVE and PVP at the same time, you'll kill your game because your player base is divided. You CAN however cater to PVE and PVP if done separately.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    Some of you folks need to go back to world-of-whiners and leave this game to the adults. The classes are divided into roles categorized by type. If you can't understand a rock-paper-scissors combat system then you just confirm how ignorant you are. This is not wow, not EQ, not Rift, nor GW2, or any other previous MMO. This is Neverwinter and it's based on a set of rules it seems that quite a few have little to no comprehension or understanding of. I just hope cryptic gets a clue about how many whiners there are in this forum and stops catering to the loud minority. When you begin nerfing classes into the ground because of PVP issues, you begin the downhill slide of ruining a system like this. Get rid of the PVP aspect entirely, focus on raid content for 10 and 20 man groups. Focus on PVE content and create an open world PVP server. Implement skill changes for PVP on a PVP server only. You can't cater to PVE and PVP at the same time, you'll kill your game because your player base is divided. You CAN however cater to PVE and PVP if done separately.

Odd. All the rogue fanatics were happy when they nerfed the cleric for beta 3. Now they get the nerf bat tossed their way and all of a sudden, everyone is a bunch of whiners LOL. Never saw one post from a Rogue fanatic defending NOT nerfing the cleric after it happend, but saw tons saying "GOOD they needed it"

No class is being nerfed. They are being "Adjusted" during BETA !!! and tested. "NERFING" comes after the game is live and launched. Open beta is next. They can and will make more "adjustments" not only after Beta 4, but again after Open Beta.

problem i see with most rogues is they simply do not know how to play the class. They want to be the primary damage dealer and tank all rolled into one. Rogues I group with do not play the tank roll. They swoop in, strike hard, and get out. They let the GF do the tanking. They do not try to be first hitters on the Boss's and mini boss's but more like the Rocket coming in after the ground forces have the opponents attention. then BOOOM.

Rogues simply need to learn to play their class. No more button smashing with no threat of dying. Now they need to think. QQ more.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    yeah i'd agree with that if the queue wasn't busted but i do hit and run and do dmg just fine even with the nerfs i didn't even notice lol i still outdmg anyone i've ever grouped with (cept my first BW I didn't know how to play the game my first 5 hours :P). but to keep nerfing them would be just sad. I like the class but if it becomes, "well theres a rogue should we take him?" "Naw we have GWF's we don't need him they do less dmg and traps don't kill anyone so f them." I'd quickly just uninstall cause they have poor weapon choices for my Dwarf GWF (swords suck) and the cleric is a beamy light caster mage with some heals, not the plate wearing mace and sheild wielding holy man they should be. Lol rogues are fine where they are, they are not solo gods past lvl 40 anymore if we goof up and get a 2 group of mobs we're toast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Odd. All the rogue fanatics were happy when they nerfed the cleric for beta 3. Now they get the nerf bat tossed their way and all of a sudden, everyone is a bunch of whiners LOL. Never saw one post from a Rogue fanatic defending NOT nerfing the cleric after it happend, but saw tons saying "GOOD they needed it"

No class is being nerfed. They are being "Adjusted" during BETA !!! and tested. "NERFING" comes after the game is live and launched. Open beta is next. They can and will make more "adjustments" not only after Beta 4, but again after Open Beta.

problem i see with most rogues is they simply do not know how to play the class. They want to be the primary damage dealer and tank all rolled into one. Rogues I group with do not play the tank roll. They swoop in, strike hard, and get out. They let the GF do the tanking. They do not try to be first hitters on the Boss's and mini boss's but more like the Rocket coming in after the ground forces have the opponents attention. then BOOOM.

Rogues simply need to learn to play their class. No more button smashing with no threat of dying. Now they need to think. QQ more.
    Odd. So is this learn to play issue? Please tell that to clerics, since they need to learn when to heal themselves, or GWF that they should stop asking for the same single dps as rogues, or "Control" Wizards who keep forgetting that their jobs are crowd controls not pure dps.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    This is not wow, not EQ, not Rift, nor GW2, or any other previous MMO. This is Neverwinter and it's based on a set of rules it seems that quite a few have little to no comprehension or understanding of.

This game is based on ROLES. Its not like GW2, where everyone can do everything they feel like. It's that simple. Rogues do DPS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited April 2013
    Rogues should do almost 100% more damage then other classes.

Rogues can only do one thing, ST damage. They cant do anything else

GF can tank and decent AoE/St dmg
    CW can CC alot both st and aoe and do good st/aoe dmg
    DC can heal alot and do good aoe dmg and good aoe cc
    GWF can tank decently and do good AoE damage and some ST damage

Dps is not all for those classes, if you want to dps, roll a dps class. Dont expect to do as much dps while beeing able to do everything else.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    when other STRIKERS will come out they should all deal comparable damage (or have gimmicks that make up the difference, like i expect a ranged striker to be less powerful or considerably more frail than a melee one to make up for the range safety), but whining because the first striker class is more powerful than the first controller, leader and tanks is just silly.
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    frost168 wrote: »

Oh really, being a rogue,
    I believe I did leave plenty of freaking posts about how the clerics SHOULDN'T have their self-healing nerfed,
    because it's what they're supposed to be good at, healing.
    You have the nerve to say every rogue liked the clerics being nerfed, but that's simply not true.

Rogue are DPS, how many times do people have to say this,
    they are not tanks, not jack'of'all'trades, not aoe,
    they are DPS,
    and if they can't even be good at that, then what are they good for.
    If rogues get hit, they get smashed, like paper.

And for the record I never 'spammed' skills,
    I used positioning to my advantage, and used my skills WHEN I needed them,
    I did not mindlessly mash buttons.
    I know how to ****ing play my class, thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If rogues ever only do 30 percent more dps, or so, than the next class behind them, rogues will not be worth taking. Bring along any other class and gain utility at the same time. As the only striker in the game, they should be in a role of their own. Plus, nerfing rogues is nerfing your own group dps. Anyone want to kill bosses slower?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]