Install Arc
Options

(pre-mod 12) Damage Resistance debuffs effectiveness

12346»

Comments

• Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @trzebiat#2067
    I’ve tried Ambush Drake only at dummies, so I’m not very expert. Anyway I’d say that Ambush Drake is better than Sellsword at proccing bondings, but it doesn’t seem to apply the debuff faster. It starts its rotation with Stealth, that has a very long animation, so it usually applies the debuff after 5-6 seconds. If the Sellsword is close when you start the fight, she applies it in 3-5 seconds. If they are far from the enemy, Ambush Drake procs bondings faster but not the debuff, because it tends to repeat the Stealth attack until it is close to the target.
    On the other side, Sellsword often gets stuck in imaginary obstacles (for example when I solo eCC I don't use her because for some reason she can't get out of the red fire circles and she never procs bondings), while probably Ambush Drake doesn't.
    In boss fights Dancing Shield is better than Ambush Drake, but since it has defensive stats it must be used by a character that does not want to deal any damage (I’d use it on my ACDC). Dancing Shield can have close to 100% debuff uptime if you equip it with silvery enchantments. You can’t increase Ambush Drake debuff instead, because it keeps alternating between Stealth and Septic Bite regardless of its recovery.
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    So if companions get pushed back from the boss, Drake still wouldn't have the advantage of applying debuff faster than Sellsword who needs 3 swings for Consumed by Battle, because Drake would still need to go through his weird rotation first? That was what I was wondering about if deciding between those two, and the reason was mainly due to Sellsword getting stuck often and not attacking. Plus Drake loses with 1 less offense slot.
    Sadly Dancing Shield is a no go for OP because too many defense slots and Defender type vs Striker. But for AC DC it'd definitely be good, but it's hard to gear, no double offense belts with Recovery.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I run an Ambush Drake on my poor Illuminati, and apart from having poor debuff uptime, the thing really doesn't like to proc Protector's Friendship/Camaraderie for me. Maybe you'll find more success, but I could not get the stupid lizard to do much in terms of attacking.

• Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Yeah....ambush drake is pretty bleh. Too much downtime in the debuff. Which is BS, since he's supposed to be able to attack every 1.5 seconds