test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Maze Engine Changes

commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
Hi everyone! Sean “Commander Ander” McCann here, and I’m excited to introduce the new updates we’ve done to the Maze Engine campaign!

The Maze Engine daily quest now involves doing 1 random instance quest along with 1 overworld quest. A new task has been added to the overworld quests.

Players can re-run the Maze Engine daily quests as much as they would like. Each time the daily quest is taken, it will give a random instance and overworld quest to do.

The daily quest now gives out “Alliance Supplies”. This is a currency that can be exchanged for transmute items from the Maze Engine campaign store.

Items that can be purchased from the Maze Engine campaign story are account-bound until equipped. They are broken down into the following categories:

- Cloaks, which are repeat purchases.
- Main hand/off-hand weapons, which are also repeat purchases.
- Armor sets. These are one-time purchases. Once purchased and opened, the armor set can be reclaimed for free.

Our goal with these changes to the Maze Engine is to provide players a method to claim armors/cloaks/weapons that have been deprecated or have an incredibly rare chance of dropping (such as the Hammerstone armor).

7.11.16 Known Issues
- Icons are still placeholder

Access
Players can access the Maze Engine campaign by being above level 60 and speaking to Bruenor Battlehammer in Mantol-Derith.

Features
- Update to the Maze Engine campaign’s repeatables and additional currency to purchase transmute items.

Feedback Desired
We’d like you all to focus on playing these instances and finding any potential issues with them. Did you find any issues? Let us know!
If you find a bug or have feedback, please follow the guidelines below when posting:
• Respond to this forum post.
• Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
• Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
• Format: Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
• (Bonus: Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
Bug: Armor Set: Hammerstone Armor
The Hammerstone armor set was not reclaimable once I purchased and opened it.

It’s not clear that I can reclaim the armor sets once I purchase them.
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    I hope the other rewards stay intact? Because that would allow us to farm Resonance Stones.​​
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    awesome idea. Especially the armor
  • Options
    midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Transmutes : D
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Eh. The hammerstone transmutes were the only reason to run epic IWD HEs. Are you adding something else to make them worth running?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Thanks, i had waited so long for VT armor set, though 28k currency needed but i will grind it as fast as i can. TY devs.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Any reason why the Sharandar Fabled gear is not included in the shop? Draconic Templar is also missing. Also, the crafted Formorian and Fallen Dragon weapon sets would be nice to have back.

Also, there are a lot of singular items like the DC item Armor of Lolth (used to come from old Temple of the spider as a epic drop from either boss 1 or boss 2 i think). Actually there were a number of classes that used to get the armor of lolth and now most of them can't get it.

Anyways, there are a lot of items like the Armor Lolth that used to drop but still have not come back.

The shop and permanent purchasing etc mechanics are awesome ideas. I am just advocating for more content in them :)
    Post edited by scathias on
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

The daily quest now gives out “Alliance Supplies”. This is a currency that can be exchanged for transmute items from the Maze Engine campaign store.

Items that can be purchased from the Maze Engine campaign story are account-bound until equipped. They are broken down into the following categories:

- Cloaks, which are repeat purchases.
    - Main hand/off-hand weapons, which are also repeat purchases.
    - Armor sets. These are one-time purchases. Once purchased and opened, the armor set can be reclaimed for free.

Our goal with these changes to the Maze Engine is to provide players a method to claim armors/cloaks/weapons that have been deprecated or have an incredibly rare chance of dropping (such as the Hammerstone armor).

Features
    - Update to the Maze Engine campaign’s repeatables and additional currency to purchase transmute items.

A very nice update! Thank you for transmutes.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    With the changes to the Maze Engine daily quest - will it still be the same quest each day for everyone? I normally do these in pairs with my partner, so if we are getting sent to different locations that is going to be a pain.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Is there an end to the Stronghold quests? I don't remember playing any quest that wrapped the story up.

GUILD RANK 20 SPOILER WARNING

Just joking, there are no spoilers! Cause we don't know what happens with the Steward/Sheriff/Detective and/or their investigations into the lands surrounding the stronghold. The quest line evaporates
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    The armor sets are a brutal grind. Completing Bruenor's quests grants an Alliance Supply Cache with a random amount of Alliance Supplies.

If you are exceptionally lucky (always getting the epic reward of 200 supplies), then the cheapest armor set requires completing the quest 100 times. If you are unlucky, then the most expensive armor set requires completing the quest 280 times.

It would be nice if the items purchased with Alliance Supplies were flagged Free Appearance Change.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    dread legion might please some CW's. I still get people asking me where to get it when I'm on CW.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    where is weapon trader for these transmute located
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Dafuq? I hope those numbers are just placeholders. Between 20k-28k currency for transmuting rewards. Are. You. Mental?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Dafuq? I hope those numbers are just placeholders. Between 20k-28k currency for transmuting rewards. Are. You. Mental?

Massive grind for mere transmutes, cause, logic.

Looks are overpowered. They break the game.
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone,

Regarding, "Why isn't X, Y, or Z in here?", those are great questions! As a little background, what is in there came about from items that I wanted to put in there that I knew weren't available (Dread Legion is awesome! I want it so badly on my DC. And my SW. And, well... all my characters.) and also from me looking through various forum threads of transmutes that people wanted back. (Seriously, those were very well organized threads and helped me out a ton!)

That being said, I had a set time to get everything in, and it turns out it takes a fair amount of time setting up each armor set for each class.

Our intent for the Maze Engine campaign is that we continue to add more armor sets/weapons/general items to the store. So, if there are things that you would like to see there but aren't, please feel free to leave that feedback here. I'll compile of list of your feedback and see what we can add to the store when we do our next update. They won't get in for Module 10 release, but I can see about getting time set aside to do it for future releases.

In terms of what I would prioritize for what we'd put in, it would go in the following order:

1. Full armor sets that are available for all classes (i.e. have a version for each class) that are no longer obtainable.
    2. Main hand/off hand weapon sets that are available for all classes that are no longer obtainable.
    3. Neck-slot items that are no longer obtainable OR are only obtainable once.
    4. Full armor sets that are available for all classes that are only obtainable once (quest rewards etc.)
    5. One off pieces of armors that are only available for specific classes.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Feedback
    Don't like it at all. The amount of time to complete the daily just doubled for no reason for those that are not gunning for transmutes. A good trade-off would have been to allow "Supporting the Factions" to be repeatable as well, or just add the XP, RP and Gold to the new "Defending the Sword Coast" quest. Repeatable rewards = more time investment.

Otherwise you should make "Defending the Sword Coast" independent for those that want to farm transmutes and return to the old Maze Engine daily for everyone else.​​
  • Options
    Right-clicking on the armor packages opens the preview UI with the 4 slots filled. That's a really nice usability feature.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    You guys forgot the Draconic Templar sets. Those have a unique design to them.
  • Options
    midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Scathias +1 I would also like to note that the Dragon Cult mainhand and offhands, which previously dropped in Lostmouth/Shores are no longer available, and they would be a nice addition to the store.

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    scathias said:

Anyways, there are a lot of items like the Armor Lolth that used to drop but still have not come back.

The shop and permanent purchasing etc mechanics are awesome ideas. I am just advocating for more content in them :)

+1 for Lolth/any of the spider related gear that used to drop as well as the GF stuff (Grand Regent was my favorite).

Great idea commanderander but I think the cost should be lowered.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    two30 said:

Right-clicking on the armor packages opens the preview UI with the 4 slots filled. That's a really nice usability feature.

This is how fashion packs have been working with the preview feature, actually.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

This is how fashion packs have been working with the preview feature, actually.

I retract my feedback and send it backwards through time.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    The Fabled and Demonic Templar absolutely please!
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    As previously stated, the Draconic Gear, main- & off-hand, and the Templar set looks great on many classes.

I keep hitting myself for salvaging all those Draconic Longbows back in the day :(
  • Options
    loboguild said:

Feedback

Don't like it at all. The amount of time to complete the daily just doubled for no reason for those that are not gunning for transmutes.

Feedback - new quest structure
    I am also not at all pleased by the changes to the questing. With a daily mission, I could see which it was and if it was one I dislike (they can't all be winners), I'd skip it, knowing I'd get a quest I prefer later. Now it looks like you're stuck with a specific mission until you do it (unless they do still change daily, but lumping two quests into one and adding extra environmental fiddling means we've traded the month+ of time-gating for an easy doubling of the actual playing time it takes to finish the campaign). Like @confusedpoof, I'm also curious if there's support in place for doing these with a partner. Having quest-sharing enabled would be fine, since there's not a daily limit on how often you can take the quests anymore. Disabling sharing is usually to prevent earning more currency than intended, so I don't see why not, with the intent to be repeatable as often as you can tolerate.

Feedback - pricing in new store
    While the armor sets are bought once and then permanently unlocked for free claim, I think @two30 has nailed it that running a (now longer) quest even 100 times (best case scenario) to unlock one set is excessive. Collecting them all? Yeesh. I think this is a great idea and applaud it, but with the stated plans to keep expanding the shop as well, it needs to not be an endless punishing grind when you consider that the game demands so much time from us in other ways as well. A new feature is not so delightful if you can't reasonably make use of it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    I'm not sure if the people asking for the Draconic set and not specifying the weapon and off-hand are aware that the appearance of the armor was reused for the stuff you buy with Seal of the Elements. The weapons are unavailable though.

Another weapon set to add is the items that were named as the armor sets that have been converted to Howling (I assume this is the Air package). Berserk Champion sword for GWF, Murderous Jester daggers for TR, etc.

One complaint based on the store screenshot... Valiant Warrior is the GF armor skin used for absolutely all their mundane gear drops since EE came out, and does not need to be available as a special transmute set. Knight Captain's torso was symmetrical and Stalwart Bulwark was asymmetrical in a different way from Valiant, and you can't get either of these looks. T1 and T2 sets for the first five classes all had these type of variances. Like the T2 sets for GWF had the eagle's head pauldron or right side, left side, or neither, iirc.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Feedback - new quest structure
    Commanderander, would it be possible to explain the decision to over double the amount of time spend doing this campaign? the daily missions on live don't take all that long, and generally can be shared with other random people who show up to help clear out the demons and stuff. Now we have that as well as a random instance to do which generally are much more difficult and much longer to complete. Tradition has been for campaigns to get easier as time goes on, not 2x+ as hard

Feedback - pricing in new store
    I agree with everything that becky and two30 have said here about the costs of the new transmutes. While you will get people who farm for the gear at the current prices i don't think anyone will enjoy it at all and no one will be unlocking anything but the stuff they really really want. Like Becky says, a new feature is not so delightful if you can't reasonably make use of it.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!