What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is TR dealing piercing with EVERYTING

13»

Comments

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Hi @leonidrex, am on holidays at the moment but should be back in mid Feb to test it out.

From memory though, piercing effects ignore defense AND deflect. This is stated in tooltips, however, tooltips can also be misleading.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    Please stop nerfing TR.
    It was nerfed like 4 times already.

If it's all about PvP then lol, nerf it as much as you like in PvP, but please don't nerf TR in PvE.

TR is so much more squishier in K-team than any other class (well, at least in my case). Deflection is useless in K-team since eventually you fail and that means the whole party has to do it all again. And your dmg doesn't matter at all (pierce, whatever, all meh, one hit and the party fails). Tumbling all the time in order to survive is not really fun.
    I understand that it has to be a challenge, but it has to be a similar challenge for all classes, I mean some balance for K-team would be nice (outside of K-team TR is ok, just don't nerf it anymore, as for PvP - do whatever, idc).
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

Please stop nerfing TR.
    It was nerfed like 4 times already.

If it's all about PvP then lol, nerf it as much as you like in PvP, but please don't nerf TR in PvE.

TR is so much more squishier in K-team than any other class (well, at least in my case). Deflection is useless in K-team since eventually you fail and that means the whole party has to do it all again. And your dmg doesn't matter at all (pierce, whatever, all meh, one hit and the party fails). Tumbling all the time in order to survive is not really fun.
    I understand that it has to be a challenge, but it has to be a similar challenge for all classes, I mean some balance for K-team would be nice (outside of K-team TR is ok, just don't nerf it anymore, as for PvP - do whatever, idc).

fixing this should have no effect on PvE TR, unless you dont have right ammount of armorpenetration.
    I suggest having 100% for CR/normal queues and for K-teams switch to armorpen to overcome lowered armorpenetration.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Hey everyone! Catching up on this thread after being away for a couple weeks on holiday (Cryptic offices are also closed between Christmas and New Years). I'll pass on this thread to the systems folks. Thanks!

This bug is still alive and well.

It's been a couple of months - any update @nitocris83?

Basically, any attacks which proc with these two types of attacks 'Oppressive Darkness' or 'Shadowy Opportunity' become piercing as well, hence making all attacks piercing - think every Daily, At-Will and Encounter and you get the general gist of why this bug is horrendous.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR