test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170515e.3 (Updated May 23)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Update 2017-05-23 ~18:20 PDT: Updated to the .3 build. New notes are in light green text.

Feature Changes

Overflow Bag Changes
With the latest release, we have made some changes to the Overflow Bag. The overflow bag was intended to be a temporary storage location for essential items such as quest objectives or rewards. The excessive usage of overflow bags for consistent storage causes big performance problems for players when they change maps, login or join a party, as all that data has to get parsed by the receiving server then sent around to other players.

The changes should help alleviate some of the impact on the server and allow players to do their questing, gain items, and have fun while also providing a reminder to clean up inventory when reaching a pausing point (such as returning to Protectors Enclave). Our goal is for most players not to be affected by these changes other than experiencing reduced lag.

Queue Changes
The proposal to lower Item Level requirements on private queues has been implemented. Check out the details here: Official Feedback Thread: Queuing System Updates

Note: There's an experimental change to queuing as a party leader that allows the player to queue solo. Upon joining the queue, the party leader will be removed from the party and added to the queue's group.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
General
  • Fangbreaker Island: Hati can no longer be instakilled via certain unexpected methods.
  • Most campfires that hadn't been allowing Loadout switching now properly do.
  • Players who complete the quest, Secrets of the Cocoon, now receive a key item that gives 30% Everfrost Resist. Players who already completed it will receive this item in in-game mail.
  • The Dragon Turtle no longer spins in the opposite direction of its steam breath.
Strongholds
  • The interaction points for certain structures have had minor adjustments. There shouldn't be a significant player-facing change.
Stronghold Marauders
  • The supplies dropped by enemies have had a backend change to make the drops slightly more efficient on the server.
Castle Never
  • Due to adjustments that have been made to various classes since the release of Castle Never, the Orcus boss fight has become more difficult than intended in terms of surviving his attacks. Groups must rely on quickly defeating Orcus before he has time to execute any of his abilities, which was not the original intent for the boss. As such, we have made the following adjustments that should make the encounter a more balanced experience:
    • The amount of damage dealt by a majority of Orcus's abilities has been significantly reduced.
    • Orcus's various melee attacks now have noticeably different damage values from one another.
    • Orcus's maximum hit points have been increased.

Combat and Powers
Artifacts
  • The Blade Storm class feature bonus granted by Artifact Weapons now properly increases Blade Storm's damage as described in the tooltip.
  • Heart of the Black Dragon: This artifact's damage taken debuff no longer scales with certain stats. The tooltip has been updated to include information on the debuff.
Boons
  • The Maze Engine: Displace Fate is now categorized as a Boon, rather than having "Uncategorized" in the upper-right of the tooltip.
Classes and Balance
  • Guardian Fighter: Iron Guard: This feat's effects now properly provide 5% reduced damage per stack, rather than 5% reduced damage regardless of stacks.
  • Hunter Ranger: Split the Sky now consistently does both the described damage reflection and periodic damage strikes, rather than randomly choosing one of those.
  • Scourge Warlock: Warlock's Bargain no longer triggers weapon enhancement effects on damage redirected to the linked target.
Companions
  • All companions that didn't have an Active Companion Bonus at Uncommon quality, such as the Winter Wolf companion, now properly do.
  • Young Yeti: This companion's Active Bonus now properly increases damage as stated in the tooltip. The tooltip has been updated with more details.
General
  • The Archer Tower debuff no longer has a placeholder icon.
Performance (These notes will only be present on the Preview shard, but the changes will be on the live shard as well.)
  • The following powers have had backend changes to be slightly more server efficient. The changes should have no player-facing effects.
    • Devoted Cleric (Divine Oracle): Brand of the Sun
    • Scourge Warlock: Warding Curse
    • Scourge Warlock: Lesser Curse
  • The backend performance changes that affected other powers (and had not been noted) have been reverted in cases where they could cause recursive damage. An example of this was the Piercing Blade / Blade Storm loop. (This particular issue only affected the Preview shard.)

Items and Economy
Artifacts
  • Certain off-hand slot Artifact Weapons now properly give the same-slot refinement bonus to other off-hand Artifact Weapons, rather than main-hand Artifact Weapons.
Strongholds
  • Rare and Epic Insignias can once again properly be donated to the Coffer.
General
  • Certain items dropped by a hidden boss in Spellplague Caverns now properly have icons.
  • Ostorian Relics can no longer be turned in if the player is at the Voninblod cap. The tooltip for Voninblod now also displays that cap.
  • Rewards in Illusionist's Gambit have been adjusted at Silver and Gold ranks to provide more Refinement Points on average.
  • Stormraider Clydesdale: The purchased version of this mount may now be discarded if it's stuck in the inventory.
  • The second Skirmish of the day once again properly gives its bonus Astral Diamonds.
  • The Tarmalune Trade Bar Vendor now properly sells the Sigil of the Nine (at Uncommon quality) and the Starfade Stag mount (at Epic quality).
User Interface
Auction House
  • The Auction House now has a Stronghold category for things such as Guild Hall furniture.
Bank
  • The "Deposit Item in Bank" context menu option is no longer disabled when it shouldn't be.
  • When attempting to deposit a Stone of Health or other item with charges into the bank, a stack count slider no longer appears.
Loot
  • The loot window no longer gets stuck in a state where it can't be looted or easily closed if the player enters cursor mode while looting.
Inventory
  • Characters under level 30 no longer see the "Used in another loadout" icon in their inventory, as they have not yet unlocked loadouts.
Queues
  • Certain instanced maps no longer sometimes close themselves before a queue group can get in.
  • Players who queue solo are no longer placed into existing parties after the queued instance ends.
  • The "Accept Queue" pop-up is now clearer about the reason it disappeared if it disappeared early.
  • The party leader now retains leadership when entering a queued instance when using a private queue.
Sword Coast Chronicle
  • The "Display Options" button is no longer sometimes hidden when opening the SCC UI.
  • The top second of the Storm King's Thunder campaign no longer sticks around when double-clicking on another campaign.
  • "Unlocked" has changed to "Advancement," in attempt to clarify which campaign tasks contribute to this percentage.

Graphics and Visuals
General
  • Objects now properly fade in instead of popping in when they are close enough to draw.
  • Certain swing effects that refract visuals no longer display textures from several swings ago.

Performance and Stability
General
  • There have been more crash fixes, but the Device Removed crash still eludes us for the time being.

Localization
General
  • Various localization fixes and updates have been made to French, German, Italian, and Russian locales.
  • In locales where the "Manage Loadouts" text is particularly long, the button now has a maximum width.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    terramak said:

General

• There have been more crash fixes, but the Device Removed crash still eludes us for the time being.

I'm not sure if it's feasible but, couldn't you put back some of the settings that were taken out with 5/2 build in relation to the Advanced settings menu or is this entirely impossible? Obviously people who are having this problem didn't have it before so it stands to reason something that was taken out is affecting our graphics cards and making the game unplayable. We've determined it isn't our systems right? So what else could it possibly be besides something that was removed?

I didn't have any issues when you dropped directx 9 support. It's a new issue after you removed some settings.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    Interesting that moving items from overflow to bags is gonna reduce lag but if you say so......

Its about time to increase bank space again, and if possible add another bag slot.

I thought I read in one of the "state of the games" that dev were taking a look at all the random refinement items that don't stack (bound, account bound, unbound) and working to reduce this going forward.

Was this idea shelved or is there hope?

"we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    terramak said:

Players who complete the quest, Secrets of the Cocoon, now receive a key item that gives 30% Everfrost Resist. Players who already completed it will receive this item in in-game mail.

I think it may be confusing to call this item a "key" in these notes, unless it is in some way consumable. It seemed to me that it just sits in your useful items while giving a buff.
    lwedar said:

if possible add another bag slot

I'd take another bag slot, or two....

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    terramak said:

Combat and Powers

Classes and Balance

• Guardian Fighter: Iron Guard: This feat's effects now properly provide 5% reduced damage per stack, rather than 5% reduced damage regardless of stacks.
    @dread4moor, time to revive your build!
    terramak said:

The Dragon Turtle no longer spins in the opposite direction of its steam breath.
    I have to admit, I was a bit amused by the Dragon Turtle's attempt to 360 Noscope the party.
    terramak said:

Young Yeti: This companion's Active Bonus now properly increases damage as stated in the tooltip. The tooltip has been updated with more details.
    EDIT: Was initially excied, but then I saw the 60 sec cooldown.
    I get that you guys are trying to avoid a prepatch Wild Hunt Rider situation, but this makes the Yeti rather... ehhh

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Could you sort SCC so that Sleeping Dragon Bridge is at the bottom rather than the top? Not very many players will need to check on that one :smile:
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > Combat and Powers
    > Classes and Balance
    > * Guardian Fighter: Iron Guard: This feat's effects now properly provide 5% reduced damage per stack, rather than 5% reduced damage regardless of stacks.
    >
    > @dread4moor, time to revive your build!

A small, lifeless turtle shell sits frozen inside the translucent wall of a glacier. Suddenly, two glowing eyes appear inside the dark shell... and a crack forms in the wall of ice...

@terramak
    Thank you.
    Paying customer, but never demanded anything in 3 1/2 years of NW except for this minor fix to a minor feat on a minor subclass.
    Thank you for listening and responding.
    Was almost done with NW, but you've renewed my faith in the game.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Sounds like good changes coming, thanks :)
  • garlaanxgarlaanx Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    urabask said:

terramak said:

Rewards in Illusionist's Gambit have been adjusted at Silver and Gold ranks to provide more Refinement Points on average.

No one is playing Illusionist's Gambit for RP. The companion equipment in the loot table needs to be adjusted to make it more reasonable to get +4s that you actually need and +5s need to be adjusted so that people will actually use them (no one will use companion equipment with overload slots).

urabask said:

terramak said:

Rewards in Illusionist's Gambit have been adjusted at Silver and Gold ranks to provide more Refinement Points on average.

No one is playing Illusionist's Gambit for RP. The companion equipment in the loot table needs to be adjusted to make it more reasonable to get +4s that you actually need and +5s need to be adjusted so that people will actually use them (no one will use companion equipment with overload slots).
    Can I echo what Urabask is saying here. What needs to be reviewed in the loot tables for IG is the companion gear. A gold run can take anywhere from 11-20 mins (depending on the group), with the average I've seen being around the 15 min mark.

Perhaps a tiered approach to the companion rewards (with each tier having approiate drop percentages base don the rarity for that tier:
    1. Bronze - +1, +2, +3 available as drops
    2. Silver - +2, +3, +4 available as drops
    3. Gold - +3, +4, +5 available as drops
    This will have more people actually running to Gold (and have something worth the time and effort), and make players happy by having an actual chance to get the gear the need. It also aligns the rewards closer to the time mark that you spend in the Skirmish.

All of this. I've mentioned it to @strumslinger numerous times and he was suppose to forward it to you @terramak .. IG is a hot hot mess. There should most deff be some sort of tier system in place. +1's should not be dropping in Gold Runs period. I'm almost up to 300+ runs of IG and I haven't received one single piece of gear that I'm after. I can deal with all the silly mechanics.. even the Reflect Rounds... but the drops need looked at.

The over all drop rate isn't horrible.. in those 300 runs thus far I'm up to a total of 11 +4's.. and 1 +5.. I've seen worse drop ratios in the game. However, with so many combo's of the items.. it makes it very difficult to obtain the exact items you are looking for. Cut the +1's from gold runs for starters. Also, just to note.. the +5's are meh. Unless there is some sorta super secret content coming in the future.. No one is going to use Comp Gear with an Overload Slot. Double Off or Double Deff is what people want. The +4's outweigh the +5's right now? How is that ok from a developers eyes?

Just my 2 cents...

Kudo's to finally fixing the Yeti... but the 60sec cooldown timer... come on brah! lol...
    Forsaken World
    Inferno Vampire - Garlaanx

Neverwinter
    Warlock - Garlaanx
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    adinosii said:

Alternatively, swap the slots, so the +4 items have the HAMSTER overload slot while the +5 rings have off/def, off/off or def/def.

This kind of misses the point of putting bound companion gear in a skirmish. If players really want to rough it they don't need +1, +2 or +3 items from IG. There are already a plethora of junk one slot items on the AH that are fine for that. We all use companion gear because the stats are better than normal gear and it has 2 slots. So the only items players really want out of the current gear are the +4s. Making them rare drops kind of defeats their purpose.

Personally I think that the adjustments need to be made with the intention of allowing players to gear their characters rather than make them suffer through a lotto system to keep them grinding. We already have plenty of items that fulfill that role and making companion gear like that is basically like making players have to go through a lotto system to get elven/alliance gear. The devs need to realize that at this point companion gear isn't really optional.

Towards that end I'd rather see them remove +1 and +2 items and make +3 items have the same stats as +4 but with an offense and defense slot. +5s should just be loyal gear. While they've said that they think loyal gear is OP they gave us +4s that are adorable gear with a different name so their real problem was that you got a lot of stats without slotting r12s. If loyal gear is a rare enough drop it won't drop often enough to make that a problem (and players would actually be excited to see it drop).

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Could you sort SCC so that Sleeping Dragon Bridge is at the bottom rather than the top? Not very many players will need to check on that one :smile:

You can sort it. Select anything and a settings button will appear.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited May 2017

adinosii said:

Let me make it plain:

If you do not make content that people want to play over and over then you to have failed

And, as I said, IG, mSP and the Marauders count as failures from my perspective.
    And since this is the point that seems to get missed, you don't keep players repeating the content by setting the drop rates so low that the situation appears hopeless, or by making the standard rewards worth so little that you'd have to do the thing many times to actually get something back from it. Players will check it out, and then about-face back to something that actually feels like it's worth their time.

The best reward might be something you don't have yet, but it's absolutely not something you can't even get.

I don't really understand how they got to this point either since they seemed to have already figured things out back in mod 8. Sure, underdark +5s are still a nightmare to get but +4s are just short of BiS and are relatively easy to get.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited May 2017

adinosii said:

Let me make it plain:

If you do not make content that people want to play over and over then you to have failed

And, as I said, IG, mSP and the Marauders count as failures from my perspective.
    And since this is the point that seems to get missed, you don't keep players repeating the content by setting the drop rates so low that the situation appears hopeless, or by making the standard rewards worth so little that you'd have to do the thing many times to actually get something back from it. Players will check it out, and then about-face back to something that actually feels like it's worth their time.

The best reward might be something you don't have yet, but it's absolutely not something you can't even get.

I agree that some items should be rare. I like (to some extent) just how rare some items are to obtain. It does create some fun to be searching after something I don't have yet. I really do like how I know that I can run Normal Demogorgon for a chance at multiple things that I do not own yet, what will wait for me at the end? Will I get my Survivor's Wraps that I have been searching for since they released? Will I get a Legendary ring? Nope? Oh look, 6000 AD, and enough resources to try again later, fair enough.

Then I go into Master Spellplague. What could I get? An artifact that I don't really need, but I could sell for a lot. Some materials that I don't need, but I could sell for a lot. Some relic gear that I already have from the last module. Some gear that is a lower item level and considerably worse stats than the items obtained from the lower level Normal Svardborg skirmish (looking at you Garb of the Ascended). Nope? Oh look!

um... wait ...? Seriously? I don't get anything? Never coming back here again. The good stuff isn't worth the bad stuff.

EDIT - I want to point out that you do not get "literally" nothing. This picture is a joke someone else posted. It is just that the minimum rewards dropped from Spellplague generally make it not worthwhile to even open the chest. The good doesn't outweigh the bad.

I know that if I run CN and don't get a Shard of Orcus' Wand that I will come out with like 5-25k AD in salvage, a and enough materials to create a lesser demonic key, while spellplague I am barely guaranteed 5k AD salvage from doing a daily dungeon.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• garlaanxgarlaanx Member Posts: 116 Arc User

adinosii said:

Let me make it plain:

I agree that some items should be rare. I like (to some extent) just how rare some items are to obtain. It does create some fun to be searching after something I don't have yet. I really do like how I know that I can run Normal Demogorgon for a chance at multiple things that I do not own yet, what will wait for me at the end? Will I get my Survivor's Wraps that I have been searching for since they released? Will I get a Legendary ring? Nope? Oh look, 6000 AD, and enough resources to try again later, fair enough.

Then I go into Master Spellplague. What could I get? An artifact that I don't really need, but I could sell for a lot. Some materials that I don't need, but I could sell for a lot. Some relic gear that I already have from the last module. Some gear that is a lower item level and considerably worse stats than the items obtained from the lower level Normal Svardborg skirmish (looking at you Garb of the Ascended). Nope? Oh look!

um... wait ...? Seriously? I don't get anything? Never coming back here again. The good stuff isn't worth the bad stuff.

EDIT - I want to point out that you do not get "literally" nothing. This picture is a joke someone else posted. It is just that the minimum rewards dropped from Spellplague generally make it not worthwhile to even open the chest. The good doesn't outweigh the bad.

I know that if I run CN and don't get a Shard of Orcus' Wand that I will come out with like 5-25k AD in salvage, a and enough materials to create a lesser demonic key, while spellplague I am barely guaranteed 5k AD salvage from doing a daily dungeon.
    *Cough* Don't forget about those RANK 5 ENCHANTMENTS on the loot table of the end game/hardest dungeon?

Come On... Who is approving this stuff on the development team...
    Forsaken World
    Inferno Vampire - Garlaanx

Neverwinter
    Warlock - Garlaanx
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    garlaanx said:

adinosii said:

Let me make it plain:

*Cough* Don't forget about those RANK 5 ENCHANTMENTS on the loot table of the end game/hardest dungeon?

Come On... Who is approving this stuff on the development team...
    Should I go do Master Spellplague Caverns or a small Heroic Encounter in the Stronghold? They give the same rewards anyways XD

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User

terramak said:

General

I'm not sure if it's feasible but, couldn't you put back some of the settings that were taken out with 5/2 build in relation to the Advanced settings menu or is this entirely impossible? Obviously people who are having this problem didn't have it before so it stands to reason something that was taken out is affecting our graphics cards and making the game unplayable. We've determined it isn't our systems right? So what else could it possibly be besides something that was removed?

I didn't have any issues when you dropped directx 9 support. It's a new issue after you removed some settings.
    i strongly doubt they will do and right now i lost all faith it will be fixed i still play but not as much now as moving with 5 fps in a dungeon is not entertaining.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2017

terramak said:

General

i strongly doubt they will do and right now i lost all faith it will be fixed i still play but not as much now as moving with 5 fps in a dungeon is not entertaining.
    I haven't been able to play more than 10 minutes or so at a time since May 2nd. I'm saving up money for a computer but .. I just wish they would have told me that my current system would have been invalidated with this patch so I could have already saved and bought a computer. :( Call it what you like.. if I can't use this computer to play this game then it's no longer valid and the minimum settings required should be updated.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    So is there any progress on reducing the 6 different bindings on RP, and pretty much everything else? We have BtC.a, BtC.b, BtA.a, BtA.b, unbound.a, and unbound.b that don't stack with each other. This is madness! (And no, this. is. NOT. Sparta!)

It's so annoying, I don't even bother opening the invoke bags, I just throw them away. Let me repeat that. I THROW AWAY FREE RP because the binding states are so annoying and inventory hogging. Also, I have bags in every bag slot on every alt.

For every item in the game, they should be bound like this:
    - BtC: This should ONLY EVER EVER be on EQUIPMENT that has actually been equipped by a character. and even then, not always. Nothing else in the entire game should EVER EVER be bound to character!!!
    - BtA: Everything else you don't want characters to sell should be this.
    - Unbound: These are obviously things people should be able to sell, and this category should be expanded.

It also goes without saying that the same bind state should ALWAYS stack, no more BtA that won't stack with another BtA!

Also, enchantments should always be unbound. One of my two Rings of Brutality got bound to a little used alt because I unwittingly put a bound enchant in it. I am disappoint.

@darthtzarr also brought up a lot of really good ideas, like most quest items should go in the useful items bag, stacking RP up to 999 would be amaze-hamster, and a Vanity Items bag would be way better and more useful to me than just a Fashion tab. Also, a Loadout gear bag would be awesome, or at least just swap old gear where the new gear was in inventory, just like what happens when you equip something from inventory.
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @terramak any news on level 73 enemies not respecting piercing damage or a fix to combatants maneuver?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229905/did-they-just-nerf-piercing-blade
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    @terramak Thank you for finally getting young yeti fixed but the 60 second cool down for all ranks seems a bit unfair due to the astral diamond investment to achieve such higher ranks and i would like to propose a fair solution. Thankyou for your hard work.

Uncommon 1-25 = 60 sec cd
    Rare 26-30= 50 sec cd
    Epic 31-35= 40 sec cd
    Legendary 36-40= 30 sec cd
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User

#10 Allow items to stack higher. Instead of making me store 15 stacks of 99 Peridots, it would be nice to have them stack to 999. Basically all RP items, Enchants, Marks, and all types of potions should stack like this. We get enough of them.

I was thinking about this, but was undecided. Bigger stacks would be a blessing for my inventory, but it would kind of screw with the auction house. It would not be great to end up in a situation where you can't buy lesser resonance stones unless you're going to drop 400k AD for 999 of them.

Actually, I just decided. Since they don't stack anyways, unbound RP stays max 99 per stack while bound RP can stack up to 999. How about it?
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User

terramak said:

General

I haven't been able to play more than 10 minutes or so at a time since May 2nd. I'm saving up money for a computer but .. I just wish they would have told me that my current system would have been invalidated with this patch so I could have already saved and bought a computer. :( Call it what you like.. if I can't use this computer to play this game then it's no longer valid and the minimum settings required should be updated.

that counts me out then all the best to you all who can play properly. i will go find something else to play.
This discussion has been closed.