test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What NEW Realms Inspired Mount would you like to see next?

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    what about Mazetica Giant jumping Bean? oh wait, aw geez, april fool day just went by.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    how about a giant for a ride? R.A. Salvatore had his halfling hero ride a mountain giant. How about a dragon? a smallish metalic dragon would be awesome. And if you could get a dragonette for a pet that would be also. (well of dragons, bottom left corner tunnels has a small dragonett to use for the pet design)
    how about those beasts the drow ride around on that can climb walls.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I have friends who are fervently hoping for a dragon mount, and have been for years....

I won't even try to relate their words or attitude when Neverwinter pulled a "dragon mount" April Fools prank a few years ago*. :p

*NSFW - or play :D
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    chidion said:

I have friends who are fervently hoping for a dragon mount, and have been for years....

I won't even try to relate their words or attitude when Neverwinter pulled a "dragon mount" April Fools prank a few years ago*. :p

*NSFW - or play :D

Yes a dragon mount

• Options
    cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Cormyrian Destrier Mount (Warhorse) - This could be as simple as a reskin of the Neverwinter Champion's Charger done in Cormyrian Purple Barding, but I would prefer a better animation.

Pegasus - This would likely be a very popular mount. I DO suggest having it hover when mounted, as opposed to the griffon run on the ground and flap wings and rise up animation. (The Magic Carpet hover is great example)

Winged Boots - The animation would probably be almost exactly like the whirlwind, but with visibly winged boots.

Boots of Speed - Some sort of magical/ prismatic effect around the character's feet, and the character leaves a trail similar to the Unicorns or Enchanted Courser.

Angelic/ Demonic Wings - Similar to the Shadow Demon Companion

Polymorph Spell - Character changes into a hovering monster that exists, such as the shadow demon, an Imp, or a hawk.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    very nice ideas. Ok so the next module (expected) is in waterdeep. If anyone knows of that story can come up with a relevant mount, it will more likely make it into the game.

Personally i'd love to fly like an angelic being (the final boss of EE for example).
  • Options
    merceron17merceron17 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Drakes, dragons etc
  • Options
    merceron17merceron17 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Then you could be a dragonborn riding a dragon with a dragon compaion
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2018

araneax said:

A giant lizard with bunny ears...

A giant rabbit mount could be cool though. :) Perhaps a Torillian Giant Hare
    I'd love to see the smaller rabbit with a Unicorn Horn the Almiraj; though they likely make far greater companions than a mount. I mean they'd likely only be able to carry a halfling, not a human or even hope of a Dwarf, or Dragonborn. Still they apparently introduced the almirajes to the Chultan Peninsula yet we've not seen one. It be interesting to see those more generally timid creatures perhaps as Controller's who can stun, daze, not to mention even debuff enemy after a fiercely charge.

I mean are these for real? They supposed to be a lot more fierce than their cute looks portray, as they do rams given with their horns -ouch- what else can you say?

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Almiraj

A conception buy one digital artist based on the D&D description of how they are described is provided:

I'd also love something as cute and adorable, yet also can be forceful like an Owlbeal, those types of larger animals make for far better mounts. Simply cause they are capable of carrying bigger adventurer's.

Though I think what were greatly missing is the Pegasus as someone mentioned and would be high on the list for a mount.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pegasus

It's nice to however see that the Broom mount suggested last October, is now is coming for Masq of Liars event, the weeks before Halloween. :)

@nitocris83

Displacer Beast, not a reskin of another cat either, full 3D model.

BTW: What I would rather see added to the game is an option companion mount. It looks silly for human and demi-human companions to be following me and keeping up with my mount. Just give them a basic horse nothing fancy,

I think the above mount would be a very cool option, though I'd still really love to see a Pegasus!

I'd love to see humanoid companions have a small mule, or miniature horse or pony they could ride, might even see many collecting mount skins for companions. I mean even if they didn't boost the companions abilities in any way, it just be cool to see them on a mount, similar to how pack horses follow you in Siege event today!
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    Did they add a Majestic bunny yet ? I would come back if they did.. only to get it..
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    You already have the Whirlwind... why not have Ball Lightning (Think: Hamster-ball Lightning Orb with the player suspended inside), Tornado of Fire (Pillar of Fire), Tidal Wave, and Blizzard?

For the Festival of Lights, you could have a Red-ribboned and Bowed "Gift-wrapped Gelatinous Cube".
    Post edited by caldochaud#4880 on
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • Options
    wynilwynil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Why simply not make mounts upgradable like companions are all the way up to legendary quality? and even cheaper than companions..leg comps are far more useful then leg mounts anyway. You can make more generic active buff for legendary status so lockbox mount will only be valuble for unique look and unique active power.
    You need less than 2Mill AD to fully upgrade common companion to legendary and current cheapest leg mount is damn crow that lucky people want 5+mill for it..which is more than 100$ using current exchange rate which is insane if you ask me. so for the price of a single cheapest leg mount you can upgrade whole bunch of companions that you will have lot more fun playing then yu will ever have with any legendary mount ever made or will ever be made.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I would very much like to see them add in more smaller mounts. So that characters that are tiny can fit correctly on them. Then I can push for the game to turn our cloaks while riding.
  • Options
    gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Drow Priestess +1
  • Options
    toadgoadertoadgoader Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    zebular said:

Half-Elf: A choice of either a Donkey or a Cooshee
    Dude...a donkey???? Really? No respect! Maybe you would want them to wear a skirt and sit side saddle also while you are at it. sheesh. --walks away shaking my head--

What about...cockatrice?
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i want a shadow dragon (could be a shadow version of a rage drake

Or my favorite a Chariot, it would be easy to tune and make new versions by just changing size and the "mount" pulling the chart, would be a nice add to events just changing the colors and placing a mount of that specific event pulling him...

example:

Summer fest could give us a full collection like:
    water chariot
    Snail chariot
    Boar Chariot
    Sune Chariot

making the old event nice to farm again...

After the dinos and basilisk, size cant be a problem and for the base the Hellfire engine already has weels and part of a chariot if you look at it with that in mind...
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    dont forget, Druidic Chariot. with leaves and vines.
  • Options
    paranoidgnome#3255 paranoidgnome Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Undermountain should intro a Legendary Gelatinous Cube.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Pegasus

Stats: +5,000 Awareness, +1% increased stamina gain, incoming healing, recovery, critical severity, and AP gain
    Combat Power: "Swiftness & Grace" For 10 seconds... +5% damage & movement speed
  • Options
    madaz#2037 madaz Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Mt Hotenow's Fire Scorpion.
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I want Odin's horse. Sleipner, 8 legged horse that can fly. Would probably have to be a Mythic Mount, lol. Seeing as there is only one, and he happens to be the son of Loki and some random that I forgot the name of. Even if the flying meant just being off the ground like the whirlwind etc.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • Options
    silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    A giant snake .... would be cool to be on one of those slithering around. Not like the tiny Bore Worm ... I want to see a big long slithering snake heading down the street.

At legendary it could either eat it's prey or wrap around it and squeeze it to death.
    Epic versions could have an attack that either lunges forward dealing poison damage or whips it's tail around scattering enemies.