test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crit Exploit

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2017 in News & Announcements
We are aware of an issue that allows players to perform an exploit to increase crit. This is not intentional and performing said exploit constitutes a violation of our policy which may result in disciplinary action, including temporary or permanent suspension from the game and/or IP ban.

More detailed information on our policies can be found here.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Pff, many players are at 100% crit chance with bondings already anyways....but this could be problematic in pvp, most people are build for power, increased crit chance can be quite powerfull.
    My concern is bigger by another side, from my experience in mmo's players that know the exploit must be selling it for millions, while i have to grind my azz out to get some little ad, and that i dont like so please fix it quickly.

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User

Pff, many players are at 100% crit chance with bondings already anyways....but this could be problematic in pvp, most people are build for power, increased crit chance can be quite powerfull.
    My concern is bigger by another side, from my experience in mmo's players that know the exploit must be selling it for millions, while i have to grind my azz out to get some little ad, and that i dont like so please fix it quickly.

If I'm not mistaken it's not about crit "chance".
  • Options
    jenax002#5227 jenax002 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    This exploit relates to the CRITICAL SEVERITY not the CRITICAL CHANCE % itself. The bug allows players to have a crazy amount of crit severity. So whenever their hits register as a critical hit in-game they hit crazy numbers. So basically speaking it doesn't matter if you have 100% crit chance, if you don't have a good amount of severity then those hits won't matter that much. As I understand soft cap for crit severity is at 185%. The screenshot that was posted on another forum showed this user having a billion damage on the pain giver boards. The bug itself is not easy to reproduce and involves a time consuming process but the fact that people have started charging millions of astral diamonds to reveal the secret is troublesome and may impact gameplay. That is why probably the developers have decided to make it public that it's a violation of terms and conditions
  • Options
    nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Hmmm I am pleasantly surprised that this has been acknowledged and is openly being discussed especially here.... gg @nitocris83 and I hope that this is fixed soon because it is blatantly an exploit that totally unbalances content.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    nm deleted comment lol
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ok, thanks for the explanation, so crit severity, not chance.

This exploit relates to the CRITICAL SEVERITY not the CRITICAL CHANCE % itself. The bug allows players to have a crazy amount of crit severity. So whenever their hits register as a critical hit in-game they hit crazy numbers. So basically speaking it doesn't matter if you have 100% crit chance, if you don't have a good amount of severity then those hits won't matter that much. As I understand soft cap for crit severity is at 185%. The screenshot that was posted on another forum showed this user having a billion damage on the pain giver boards. The bug itself is not easy to reproduce and involves a time consuming process but the fact that people have started charging millions of astral diamonds to reveal the secret is troublesome and may impact gameplay. That is why probably the developers have decided to make it public that it's a violation of terms and conditions

So soft cap at 185% after that each % of crit severity is worth 0,5% then?

Ok, lets see, 27% max from companions, 10% from boons, 65% from feats+ powers(HR max), 5% from pocket pet, 5% from squash soup, 10% from wild storm elixir, 5% from half orc race, 75% from transdread, that all summed up = 202%.
    Am i missing anything? If not MR devs please put a temporary hard cap at 210 unless you have a solution coming soon for this.

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    And here I thought this was going to be a "how to guide".

Oh well. Darn my luck.

(For those of you who don't know me that well, I am JOKING. I honestly don't care if others do stuff like this, unless they're in my guild, then they get DAS BOOT and reported, but I'm glad that Cryptic has acknowledged such a beast exists and they are taking steps to fix it.)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    loboguild said:

When can we grab Trump by the hamster?

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    does it mean u cant fix it yet?

this exploit is going for weeks or months now,
    there was many ppl trying to tell about on reddit but they were insta closed or muted by Moderators.

People already exploited the hell out of it,
    you reacting too late with your Official message!

Post edited by xgrandz02 on
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by xgrandz02 on
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Ok, thanks for the explanation, so crit severity, not chance.

So soft cap at 185% after that each % of crit severity is worth 0,5% then?

Ok, lets see, 27% max from companions, 10% from boons, 65% from feats+ powers(HR max), 5% from pocket pet, 5% from squash soup, 10% from wild storm elixir, 5% from half orc race, 75% from transdread, that all summed up = 202%.
    Am i missing anything? If not MR devs please put a temporary hard cap at 210 unless you have a solution coming soon for this.
    Orrrr they can fix the exploit, which is not difficult. No need to do some caps that will later be removed (because stuff added and wont work) and exploits will be back, because....

Also, probably my personal issue but I really hate the soft cap term here. and not sure of what the 0.5%

At 185% severity 10% increase will increase dps by 3.5% (at 100% crit chance) This is about 0.35% dps increase per 1% severity.
    At 50k power that is equal 3k power, or at 100k power 4.9k power. Now would that wild storm elixir will help benefit you or is it as soft cap. This is also better than fire archon and many other options (in terms of active bonus as example).
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    The easy fix would be cap crit severity, the HR has the highest potential crit severity if I'm not mistaken.

From there just start banning the select individuals that have been identified as the ones abusing the exploit and the ones who are openly selling the exploit.

I just can't believe someone would openly use their main character and provide their gamer tag in attempt to sell this exploit, what a moron.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Unban me .. I won't sell exploits any more...

Shame on anyone selling secrets in game, that's what ebay is for. Jk

Some things get patched, some things get removed, most things get nerfed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Unban me .. I won't sell exploits any more...

Shame on anyone selling secrets in game, that's what ebay is for. Jk

Some things get patched, some things get removed, most things get nerfed.

Ah... but will you sell exploits any less... THAT is the question?

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Never!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well, this might explain the HR I met in dom not too long ago, with 110-120 something % crit chance, and nowhere near enough stat points to support that amount.

Edit:
    BTW, is it possible to do this by accident? I rarely pay attention to my stats, and it would kind of suck to be banned because of something like this.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I can't believe they haven't fixed this already.
    I watched someone do it months ago (I'm legit, so left his party immediately).
    Very hard cheat too perform. Very easy to fix...
    And easy to get caught trying it. Don't bother.
    So blatant and traceable that a ban is almost certain.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    BTW: There is no way to use this exploit by "accident". I dont have a problem if they get a ban. Not at all.

• Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    This game is already so easy, why would someone use that kind of xploit ?

I understand now why i saw a hr 2400 doing more damage than me with 3k
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    diloul31 said:

Pretty much this. But it seems that the thing has gone full rampage on consoles with kids trying to be "someone". The exploit also is very obvious. It's not about someone out-damaging you on the paingiver with fewer item level. People literally one-shot bosses. It's the Orcus set all over again.

Btw. kudos for acknowledging the exploit, that's progress in terms of communication. Hopefully the appropriate actions will be taken.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    loboguild said:

diloul31 said:

Pretty much this. But it seems that the thing has gone full rampage on consoles with kids trying to be "someone". The exploit also is very obvious. It's not about someone out-damaging you on the paingiver with fewer item level. People literally one-shot bosses. It's the Orcus set all over again.

Btw. kudos for acknowledging the exploit, that's progress in terms of communication. Hopefully the appropriate actions will be taken.
    I really really hope it will be a 30k crit severity ban hammer hit. For those that try to make a profit out of it (RL $).
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    It wouldn't be so bad if these folks didn't openly brag about it, and insult others. The 4-5 times I have been grouped with these folks, and they have been the same class as me, they seem to just openly brag about their DPS...

"LOL, beating 4k HR as a 3k HR, nub 4k HR!" "I'm just better than you, get good". "Woot, look at me, top paingiver again!"

I don't bother inspecting them, so sure some of these people could be legit and just jerks, but some double and triple my damage...not to brag, but I can usually at least keep up with people.

Anyways, this seems like a really easy fix. I have a general idea how its done, and I'm assuming since this is posted, Cryptic does also. Seems to be this would be a really easy thing to detect.

Anyways.
This discussion has been closed.