test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS4] Over 2 Million Adventurers on PlayStation 4!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We’re celebrating two months on PlayStation®4 this entire week with events around every corner! We’d also like to share some statistics on how successful Neverwinter has been in this short amount of time. From how many players have journeyed the Sword Coast to the amount of guilds formed, you’ll find our Double Monthiversary Infographic below.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10158512-over-2-million-adventurers-on-playstation®4!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Out of 2m players only 30 000 reached 70? Is it just me, or does that sound very wrong? :S

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    mystoclesmystocles Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    pft.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I missed the cut down half of the dungeons thing - what happened to the Dungeons?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

I missed the cut down half of the dungeons thing - what happened to the Dungeons?

As far as PS4 is concerned, nothing. In terms of PC, they eliminated a lot of dungeons back in Mod 6, along with a reduction in variety of armors, and a rebalance of the 3 dungeons that remained (there were like 12 I think).

As to the 4 million stat, without context, thats just a number. How many are actively logging in daily? Its a FREE game, so a good million played it long enough to create an account and left. I could easily believe you have 4m accounts created. I doubt even half of those are active.

• Options
    krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    They made this announcement because those numbers are plummetting and will never be that high again for various reasons. After removing the free AD for invoking a few weeks ago they lost most of their Bot armies.

Dungeons & Dragons as a franchise lost my patronage for the most part when PWE, Cryptic or whoever thought they could rip us off during the several months long forum war over the(Spend over $100.00 = Death Slaad, Phase Spider and Scorpion Account-wide Unlock.) Promotion.

The various changes to items like Unbound to Bounding to character or account done to Lockbox keys, Bags of Holding and other items months after purchasing was insulting.

The level of disrespect for paying customers we experienced here was unacceptable. I myself only log in for my daily VIP key and once that expires I don't think I will return except to gift my items to any friends still interested in trying NWO in the future.

There is always hope things here will improve but can NWO ever be trusted again? If not there are hundreds of other games online some of which I enjoy playing with friends.

STO is still in top 5 of all time. Been in there for so many years and never felt cheated or been disappointed.

-Krow
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

question Andy. Is that 2 million accounts or 2 million characters?

Accounts, the very next one says 3.2 million characters.
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

In the beginning, each adventure zone had it's own dungeon, the only exceptions being PE & blacklake district. When they upped the end-game lvl from 60 to 70, they started introducing epic versions of the dungeons. They cut it back from ~12 down to 3. later they brought back 3 more.
  • Options
    ranox410ranox410 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    is this aniversary the reason why I cant buy Zen through Steam when i am using the Steam Version of this game ??????? i am kinda pissed so i am trying to refrain from using unsavoury words but yeah i am kinda pissed i already send a ticket i hope it gets fixed fast.
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    lol 30,000 players and 1.5 million bots... definitely on track to sink like pc version
  • Options
    sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    krowsys said:

STO is still in top 5 of all time. Been in there for so many years and never felt cheated or been disappointed.

-Krow

Play KDF, we are getting shafted right now ;)

Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • Options
    bathsheababathsheaba Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Only 30 000 players have reached the max cap out of 12 million players ? If I was Cryptic I wouldn't brag about it.

I have been in this games since june 2013.... bit by bit, although the story content becomes more sophisticated and interesting, I see that great drops are becoming a memory, salvageables are worth less, and wards much harder to obtain since their disappearance from the tarmalune store. I also see we need to spend more money for bags that you force us to fill for quests.... And now we can say good-bye to the Gateway.

30 000 out of 12 million is not a good ratio, but I guess who cares as long as people pay... Personnaly, I have given a few dollars here and there to the game, but not anymore.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    The wording on that chart wasn't great at all.

That was 30,000 players on the PS4 that have reached level 70, not in general. The 12 million number was accounts created for PC, Xbox and PS4, with 2 million of those being on the PS4.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

That was 30,000 players on the PS4 that have reached level 70, not in general. The 12 million number was accounts created for PC, Xbox and PS4, with 2 million of those being on the PS4.

seriously. whoever is wording their charts, their forum posts, their arc announcements should learn to do a better job. it is a continuous trend the misunderstandings, the loose wording, the non existent proofreading.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

seriously. whoever is wording their charts, their forum posts, their arc announcements should learn to do a better job. it is a continuous trend the misunderstandings, the loose wording, the non existent proofreading.
    Are you sure it's not intentionally their job to do just that?

Marketing is spin: this game isn't exactly setting records so they have to work with what they have... It's been pointed out that 12million accounts is definitely NOT the number people playing. But it looks good when you say that we have that many players globally, doesn't it?

• Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    You are always looking at the bad side of things!!!
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    dupeks said:

yokki1 said:

Marketing is spin: this game isn't exactly setting records so they have to work with what they have... It's been pointed out that 12million accounts is definitely NOT the number people playing. But it looks good when you say that we have that many players globally, doesn't it?

98% of them - bots :D
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    whatever makes them money.. we cant even get class balance for crist sake
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    dupeks said:

yokki1 said:

If we play their botting problem game, the problem may be caused by 10 million bot accounts. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pantherwitch4982pantherwitch4982 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Anyone else thinking "whoopty freaking doo?"
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Maybe that is why they closed the gateway down to boost their player numbers
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2016

dupeks said:

yokki1 said:

It's just the number of accounts. It doesn't mean much because there are so many inactive accounts mixed in there.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I also wonder if they counted the number of banned accounts in that figure too.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I also wonder if they counted the number of banned accounts in that figure too.

Most likely. It was registered accounts not active accounts. That's years worth of banned accounts, inactive accounts, sporadically used acccounts, and then whatever is left for active accounts.
  • Options
    ponneylordponneylord Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    12 million players and you don't give a nut about them.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    So right now the top 2 news stories on NW's own Arc Client feed:

"Over 2 million now playing on PS4!"

"Gateway Closing Down"

Embrace the irony.
  • Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User

So right now the top 2 news stories on NW's own Arc Client feed:

"Over 2 million now playing on PS4!"

"Gateway Closing Down"

Embrace the irony.

The funny thing about that is the numbers bloat. You have to ask yourself: "Why do they feel the need to be so disingenuous and why do they feel the need to present themselves as so much more successfull than they actually are?"

Out of these 12M registered accounts, 7M are from the PC platform. Given that we are currently sitting at somewhere between 25K and 50K players on PC that should give you an idea of the magnitude of this parlor trick.

They probably think we are nothign but brainless cash cows. It's been the tenor ever since and I have long since given up on the idea that they will ever have even a shred of respect for their paying customers. They think we are stupid and they think we don't notice how they keep dragging the wool over our eyes if not outright lying to us. They are that disingenuous of a company.