test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: The Shaundakul Lockbox Rides In!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The followers of Shaundakul, the Rider of Winds, travel throughout the Forgotten Realms. They’ve brought back many rare and mysterious treasures. Get your share of these rarities by opening a Shaundakul Lockbox! This lockbox will be available in the game when The Maze Engine goes live.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9859183-developer-blog:-the-shaundakul-lockbox-rides-in!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Omg, that lockbox looks pretty awesome... no more mote grinds? :D Are the artifact weapons in that pack bound? Do you get to pick? Will you always get one for the class you open the pack with? (that Wanderer’s Artifact Weapon Pack)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    "link to mount system blog goes here"
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9773703-developer-blog:-the-new-mount-system

Edit: Nevermind, it has already been fixed.

I hope the Moonbear and Panther's slots get fixed before launch.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Is there still a professions pack in there? Don't see it mentioned in the blog.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kreatyve said:

Omg, that lockbox looks pretty awesome... no more mote grinds? :D Are the artifact weapons in that pack bound? Do you get to pick? Will you always get one for the class you open the pack with? (that Wanderer’s Artifact Weapon Pack)

I'm going to assume the "chance" at an artifact weapon is on par with your "chance" at nice stuff in other packs - somewhere around 1%.

As an example, I've opened probably between 10 and 15 of the "Grazilaxx artifact pact"s from the New Life Lockbox, with a chance at an artifact. Know what I've received every time? Refining stones....

I won't even get into the odds of getting a legendary mount.

I wish they'd actually POST the chances at getting rares, rather than being purposely vague in order to suck people in to gambling.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Is there still a professions pack in there? Don't see it mentioned in the blog.

It should still have all the standards (companion kit, profession pack, enchant pack, artifact pack, tradebar jackpot).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

The benefit to actually doing the mote grind will be that the weapon sets dropping from this lockbox will be BoE while the mote grind sets are BoA.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Me Grimlock likey.

Although, nothing to aid me in crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Always wanted to see the Griffon mount. Looks very cool.

Can you choose which mount you get? (we're spoiled from those lockboxes)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    This could be among the reasons you can only earn the mote weapons once. If you used yours to refine another and want it back--lockboxes are your choice! I'm in the middle of levelling a SECOND GWF just to have the "opportunity" to grind a second Drowned set.
  • nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Guess i made the right decision saving my keys, seems like another mount to be potentially expensive, depending on that cooldown reduction. About the Artifacts weapon sets i think is rather a grey decision cuz most people only farm for the drowned version, and other choices are hard to farm with the characters you may need them. For example a GF farming for the earth set. On the other hand artifacts from Gazilaxx become really cheap soon after so i dont see why this time wont be the same, specially cuz 1 of those artifacts is eye of lathander that i tough was going to be expensive but end up so cheap in price the first day.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I just had a very insightful thought... you know how the lockboxes traditionally have mounts? and the mounts in the last few lockboxes are suddenly imbued with various powers and abilities and stats?? Well, if you keep up this trend, you are making it so that there is simply one mount that is better than all other mounts... the old mounts become pointless for advanced characters... well, not pointless... but still, I am upset that it is not truly a mechanic that is added to mounts of a certain rank...

I understand though, that insignia bonuses will make my mount more useful than mere transportation, but in the spirit of D&D the options should be vast, while the structure ubiquitous... if there are going to be 4 or 5 ranks of mounts so be it... but make the rank 5's unique but somewhat equivalent, like item level with gear... I am unluckly enough to have forked out my life-saving (jk) on a Legendary Skeletal Steed, I was so stoked.... when they increased the speed to that of the strider I felt that change was wise. But please just give us variety, not an ever-changing dragon to chase... besides, what if I hate the way a new mount looks but it has the super-best stats evar!! Am I supposed to just set aside my mount from a month ago that took a billion AD to get and just drop another billion AD on the new mount cause it has run speed AND arm pen...

I like the bonus stuff from mounts, but make it fair and consistent throughout all the mounts of the same rank... we work hard for a mount (or pay hard ; ) and then we work towards something else, like artifacts or weapons etc... we don't wanna just keep replacing the mount with what is new, just cause it is better.

anyway, that was rambling nonsense, but I believe my point is valid.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    xreverusx said:

I just had a very insightful thought... you know how the lockboxes traditionally have mounts? and the mounts in the last few lockboxes are suddenly imbued with various powers and abilities and stats?? Well, if you keep up this trend, you are making it so that there is simply one mount that is better than all other mounts... the old mounts become pointless for advanced characters... well, not pointless... but still, I am upset that it is not truly a mechanic that is added to mounts of a certain rank...

I understand though, that insignia bonuses will make my mount more useful than mere transportation, but in the spirit of D&D the options should be vast, while the structure ubiquitous... if there are going to be 4 or 5 ranks of mounts so be it... but make the rank 5's unique but somewhat equivalent, like item level with gear... I am unluckly enough to have forked out my life-saving (jk) on a Legendary Skeletal Steed, I was so stoked.... when they increased the speed to that of the strider I felt that change was wise. But please just give us variety, not an ever-changing dragon to chase... besides, what if I hate the way a new mount looks but it has the super-best stats evar!! Am I supposed to just set aside my mount from a month ago that took a billion AD to get and just drop another billion AD on the new mount cause it has run speed AND arm pen...

I like the bonus stuff from mounts, but make it fair and consistent throughout all the mounts of the same rank... we work hard for a mount (or pay hard ; ) and then we work towards something else, like artifacts or weapons etc... we don't wanna just keep replacing the mount with what is new, just cause it is better.

anyway, that was rambling nonsense, but I believe my point is valid.

Developer Blog: Mounts Retrained
  • totallynotadrowtotallynotadrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    ...didn't we like just get a new lockbox? Were the new life boxes underperforming?

...didn't we like just get a new lockbox? Were the new life boxes underperforming?

This is the normal schedule. New module means new lockbox, and another new box again at some point midway between releases.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    It looks from the pictures that the Moonbear from the new lockbox is the same as the foundry reward Silverback bear.

That's depressing. I hope I am incorrect.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    Is that Armored Griffon a flying mount?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kreatyve said:

The Wanderer’s Artifact Weapon Pack has a chance of giving you your choice of a Burning, Drowned, Earthen, or Howling weapon set. Whether or not you’re lucky enough to get these epic weapons, though, you’ll get some Resonance Stones to help you refine your other artifact gear.

I think the main focus should be on the word chance here, most players (myself included...) will probably end up with some white/green Resonance Stones, if they ever consider to open that new box.
    Anyway i really doubt, that the Devs will "devalue" those wands in the Trade Bar Store, that enhance the chance to get more motes, with a decent drop rate of those weapon sets from this lockbox.

But it would be interesting to know, if the weapons will be bound to account or bound to character. I also doubt that they will be bound on equip...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

Though it clearly should be, obviously it won't be. Which beggars the question, why have a a flying mount that doesn't fly?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    @melinden: "It looks from the pictures that the Moonbear from the new lockbox is the same as the foundry reward Silverback bear.
    That's depressing. I hope I am incorrect."

UGH. I certainly hope not.

That would be a joke.

An insult.

A slap in the face.

I've been playing for 3 years now, and I'm still 30 community reviews away from my Silverback bear.

They already made this "highly sought after" reward basically nerfing useless when they left it at 110% speed.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Silverback_Bear

The Silverback Bear is a rank 3 mount that is a reward for completing the "Foundry Grand Master" achievement, for heavy participation in the Foundry system, including completing 23 "Foundry Authoring" and 14 "Foundry Community" achievements, as well as having Dungeon Master Rank 8.

"GRAND MASTER" "HEAVY PARTICIPATION" "23 + 14 Achievements"

"This one is heavily armored" - in the description. They also chose to ignore this, and remove it from the description, instead of adding armor.

Now after all my hard work, I could have just gotten a Moonbear instead? Get bent.

@badbotlimit how about some real foundry love in 2016? =P

@terramak @zebular Get the silverback bear on the 140% speed list. Give him armor. MAKE IT WORTHWHILE.

feeeeeeeeeeeedback submitted.
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • bahdoobahdoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    LOL... chance to get a mount, i have spent couple hundred and bought many keys, and not 1 epic mount drop for me. So never again! keep your new lock boxes, don't get fooled by this bull, show the % drop rate and maybe people will invest more.

on a side note i am still waiting for these 2 books to drop on TWO toons since new content started, Again the % drop rate on certain items makes you want to pull your hair out. Dwarven Spelunkers, On Madness books ( get them off AH, no ty). Maybe fix the current game instead introducing newer content.

ok off track, iam rambling a bit here, my point is that gambling is evil!
  • bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    omg for a sec I thought it's a flying mount. Jeez almost got a heartattack lol...
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • totallynotadrowtotallynotadrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User

This is the normal schedule. New module means new lockbox, and another new box again at some point midway between releases.
    Dunno, it just feels faster than some of the other boxes. ::shrugs:: I remember the Tiamat boxes hanging around for a long time, then there were a bajillion with Elemental evil and it tapered off after that.

Could be that I'm old. :p
  • carianne9carianne9 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    the link to the dev blog isn't working.
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    arabatur said:

Though it clearly should be, obviously it won't be. Which beggars the question, why have a a flying mount that doesn't fly?
    The Nightmare from the first lockbox has been asking that since launch ;)
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Hmm, they pulled the lockbox post from Arc news.

Hmm, they pulled the lockbox post from Arc news.

It still exists. Gateway points to it.

Neverwinter Census 2017