test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark: Free Pack for All!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
From the time Underdark launches to one month after, all adventurers will be able to claim a free pack from the Rewards Claim Agent! Find out what's inside the Underdark Explorer's Pack: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9649833

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This is a sweet gift to the players!

I was going to say that my only concern is that stealth sight mechanic is really going to be tough on TRs but it really only affects PvP anyway so I don't mind.

Thanks!

P.S. And now I must return to making many, many pairs of pants.
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Oops. Never mind, misread.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    nice
  • zebelllahzebelllah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    "hitting a foe you gain crit", "stealth sight, "struck from behind repel your target and root for 2 sec"
    Is it just me or all these tool-tips feel against tr and give some advantages of tr to other player class. what is next an artifact with stealth power?, while some of the classess have stealth, perma root, healing, triple daily, 6 encounters in a row, why tr is the only one that irritating people that much and seem unfair?
    No matter what i say it won't change anything against the majoritys will and no matter what game creators do i'll use my beloved tr even if it means solo all the time, because tr is not a character class it is the way of life. some people look their toons that way. now half of the comment is nonsense main part is first half, sorry about that
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Those are only 3 of 17 possible rings, which are new equipment in Underdark. There are many possibilities.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • badmrfrostyxxxbadmrfrostyxxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Completely off topic, sorry, but why are these forums more laggy than the game? Simply scrolling a topic is hard work.
  • lightweight#1008 lightweight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Awesome.. way to break the game with broken rings. Cool guys...
  • scar7227scar7227 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Oook... am I the only one who finds that very confusing:

"Once Underdark launches on November 17, all adventurers will be able to claim a free Underdark Explorer’s Pack"

and then on the bottom...

"The Underdark Explorer’s Pack can be claimed once per account and is only available until 12/17 at 10am PST for PC players."

...so what now this pack will be only available for couple of hours and if I am at work I won't be able to take it?

Why don't you just send it via the mail or something?
    That is (once again) quite unfair for people like me who are not sitting on the PC 24/7 (believe it or note - such people do exist)...
  • dabiksdabiks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    scar7227 said:

"Once Underdark launches on November 17, all adventurers will be able to claim a free Underdark Explorer’s Pack"

"The Underdark Explorer’s Pack can be claimed once per account and is only available until 12/17 at 10am PST for PC players."

...so what now this pack will be only available for couple of hours and if I am at work I won't be able to take it?

i don't get it...its available for a month after underdark releases. you're saying you are incapable of logging in at least once for an entire month?
    12/17 is December 17.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Anyone else notice that they fixed Drizzt's hair?

scar7227 said:

That is (once again) quite unfair for people like me who are not sitting on the PC 24/7 (believe it or note - such people do exist)...

They're giving you a month to get it ...

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • thevaliantraxthevaliantrax Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Guys, is the wayfarer xp bonus account bind on pickup?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    scar7227 said:

Others have already clarified but just to be officially clear: November 17th is "11/17" and "12/17" is December 17th. The pack will be available to be claimed for one month.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Guys, is the wayfarer xp bonus account bind on pickup?

The XP boost is Bound on Account once opened from the pack.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• thevaliantraxthevaliantrax Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thanks strumslinger
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    Thank you for the pack.
    Btw. will there be any promotion codes send out, to win former players back to the game with Underdark?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    That s a good news ! Many thanks. I ll like the 25% on any service
    Indalord I & II
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    So, do we get a random ring, or are we free to chose the one we like?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

So, do we get a random ring, or are we free to chose the one we like?

Random.
    Epic Rings: Acquire one of 17 Epic Rings with an exotic power each. Below are some examples of rings you may find inside:
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I thought so, thanks!
    I will never get this... Why do they make these gifts/freebies/rewards/events for players and then add RNG to them? Gift's should bring happiness not frustration. I (used to) play all classes so I'll get use from whichever ring I may get, more or less. Let me say this again though: this is not how you do an event!
    I still hope, though, that we'll be able to chose. If not ... does anyone even care anymore?
    Post edited by khimera906 on
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    What on Earth are people complaining about with this? It's free! And some of those rings are going to be amazing and add a lot to combat. Plus they made them Bind to Account, so you can move them around.
  • shakota#7594 shakota Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Can anyone clarify / verify?
    "Gloomwrought Weapons: These sinister weapons will help any character below level 30 quickly plow through enemies so they can experience Underdark at level 60."
    But the tooltip for the Explorer's Pack says levels 1-60.
    So, if this if for characters below 30, why it granted to characters below 61?

Just checking.
    I have a couple of 30 ish alts that I thought of using to open the Pack, so I wanted to make sure first.

Thanks!
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Another question; Is everything BoA, or are some things bound to character once the pack is opened?
  • shakota#7594 shakota Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Well, I did find out the "Gloomwrought Weapons" are Level 40 blue weapons.
    You get both the main hand and the off hand.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Good to know. I only ask because I want the campaign currency for my main, but I want to use the service coupon to buy bank slots for an alt. Meh, I'll probably just open the pack with the alt.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Well, I did find out the "Gloomwrought Weapons" are Level 40 blue weapons.
    You get both the main hand and the off hand.

The Gloomwrought weapons actually spawn at a level that the character that is opening them can use. So if you are level 20, you will get level 20 weapons.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

Good to know. I only ask because I want the campaign currency for my main, but I want to use the service coupon to buy bank slots for an alt. Meh, I'll probably just open the pack with the alt.

That's probably not going to work out for you. All coupons are BoP, and the currency is likely to go straight to the opening character's currency inventory unless it comes in a sub-pack.

I've yet to claim my pack though. Might not really need the coupons depending on what kind of Yanksgiving-related sale we get.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

Can anyone clarify / verify?
    "Gloomwrought Weapons: These sinister weapons will help any character below level 30 quickly plow through enemies so they can experience Underdark at level 60."
    But the tooltip for the Explorer's Pack says levels 1-60.
    So, if this if for characters below 30, why it granted to characters below 61?

Just checking.
    I have a couple of 30 ish alts that I thought of using to open the Pack, so I wanted to make sure first.

Thanks!

My suggestion: Do not open the pack until your character is level 61+. The Gloomwrought weapon is basically an item that has stat points about 10 levels above what the character's current level is, but is usable right now - it's of blue quality, but the purple rings are better...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Next I need is this
    ring of demorgorgon rank 4 :
    " Hitting a foe you have a15% Chance to disable his encounter and dailies for 30seconds, only activates all 30seconds..." :smile:

The skilled TR i met do good against my class
    Since this class has
    -->deflectseverity, 75% ITC, and 4 megadodges
    All they got to do is stack some deflect, some go >50% thats impossible for my class + some lifesteal and all is fine
    courage breaker in a smokebomb area is allways a pleasure
    Only the ones who succ on any class will cry
  • waterflows#4493 waterflows Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Where do you guys go to claim the pack?