Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.50.20150902b.13

13»

Comments

• Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    But moderation is quite active.
    Few posts deleted, not fitting one. This is going to absurd.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The problem with having pets in pvp is that they just result in harder and harder pug stomping. You thought it was bad before when you needed BIS to compete well in pvp? well now you need BIS and a stable of epic pets or you are more screwed then usual. And since pet bonuses are far more powerful then 1 or 2 r12s are pugs are going to hitting BIS people who are standing there and be stunned and dying before they know what is going on.

Pets are bad for premades as well because it converts pvp to who has the better pets simply because the bonuses are so powerful. Where before counter play because of skill was possible, now you are sitting stunned because a cockatrice/crab combo has you locked down. RNG fights suck, pvp is fun because of the skill and team work involved, not because your pet can smash stuff... remember the Dancing Jagged Blade problem? yeah, that would have been in pvp (ok, not quite since you can't actually summon a pet besides an augment, but active bonus bugs will be widespread problems)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

"Ghost Stories: Removed a Thievery node and treasure chest that could be easily accessed without fighting enemies."

I'm not sure how to comment on this. I'm just going to say I'm surprised it happened.

So because we did not have to fight for them they got removed. And the botters are still in and out all day long. 20 to 30 different names, in 5 minutes is what I counted standing outside Ghost Stories. Do something about that, not just remove things, cause they were not fought for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    jasperfichtejasperfichte Member Posts: 5 Arc User

FIX COMPANIPONS IN PVP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is intended for now.
    Dear Strunzslinguer, this brilliant idea will simply bring the game to his natural end, faster than expected.
    Do you really think that the real PvP players still remain in this full-bugged-everyday-secretly-more-p2p game?
    Black Desert online is coming.
    Personally, I'm a romantic, and I wouldn't quit a game to which I'm attacched.
    But these constant teasing , these constant subterfuges to try to make us spend more money are shameful.
    I could accept more willingly to pay a monthly fee to support a game that works and really cares to their playerbase, whose devs really listen to the needs of players. And everything under the sunlight!
    These pathetic attempts to get to our pockets , are intolerable.

Hagen - TR next to flee

Hag of Many-Daggers
  • Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2015

FIX COMPANIPONS IN PVP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is intended for now.

[Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    ortolanoooortolanooo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    Have you ever play neverwinter?
  • Options
    fireflowerxfireflowerx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think the pets in pvp are less of a problem than the mailboxes and banking stations showing up in the middle of a pvp. As long as the pets apply to everyone, everyone has an equal opportunity.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Pets are now WAI in all pvps?

Ok, then enable stone of health and healing potions and scrolls of life also in pvp. Oh boy, can this game become even less fun? :-D
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Ghost stories...

It's probably a good move overall. They may need to remove more nodes.
    Not like the players really need mostly random profession items and green junk.

Am guessing companion sales will decide what happens to PvP.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    As for comments on patch time: It is standard and good software practice to do a FULL regression test each time you deploy a new software release. You never know what is broken even if you just did some small changes. These are very complex systems.

As for pets in PvP: Strum said 'for now'. Meaning they likely want to fix it, but they do not have time/resources to do so so the lesser evil is just to say this is ok until they get around to looking into it.

The more overall problem is the amount of effort going into bug fixing in Neverwinter. Cryptic of course have limited resouces available for NW, and it seems they prioritize making new content over agressive bug fixing. The problem with this is that the game is getting ever more buggy. Because bug fixing is not aggressive enough, the amount of bugs in game is ever accumulating making the play experience ever less pleasant.

I would suggest to Cryptic that they put some more manpower into smashing bugs to stop the downward trend. This will have new content production suffer, so it is not an easy balance to find.

• Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User

Pets are now WAI in all pvps?

Ok, then enable stone of health and healing potions and scrolls of life also in pvp. Oh boy, can this game become even less fun?

There working hard at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry! I misspoke! Companion Active Bonus is intended for Stronghold PvP. Scott will speak more on this issue early next week.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

This discussion has been closed.