test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.50.20150902b.13

Comments

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Finally fixing Ghost stories bot farming issue. Thank you very much :smile:
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Medium Encounters and Epic encounters in SH PVE map still drop R5 enchantment only, most of the times.
    That is a huge turn off to farm them because it takes quite a while for medium geared ppl who attempt to do them with guildmates.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

@ironzerg79 can also agree with me , there is no excuse using an exploit, so why is there one , that it hasn't been fixed?
    so what will happen with players that are involuntary using companions active bonus when fightin them ? will they get banned for that?

You cant ban all players from game. Because everyone is a cheater in this game. I think you said some like that before, didnt you?

*little reminder:
    metalldjt said:

every player in this game is a cheater

And if you ban all the players you dont need to fix anything :D
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    This idea was given months ago. Closing servers fixes all problems they have now. They would be focus on xbox and ps4 version. PC players were drained to the bottom already using AP/ZEN drain enchants without internal cooldown.

hehe
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Great to see you guys addressing the node issues and ensuring that the SHPvP is working properly.
    There is however a conspicuous absence of anything by way of AD sinks.
    With nothing in these notes it would be nice if there was an update on this issue elsewhere
    Additionally, are we as player being notified in game that our companions "won't work here" still? If so, that suggests something other than intended.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    and the lag and the rollback we have in SH PvP when it is resolved ?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

and yes, before Strums said it's working as intended , each player in the game was a cheater/exploiter by using companions in pvp. we need straightforward communication from devs to specify what is exactly an exploit or not, and if they are aware of this things or not? and if people will be punished for doing them ?

Anyone that actually thought it was an exploit that players would be punished for is crazy. If an exploit is something players can do easily by accident devs pretty much always say it's WAI until they can fix it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    There's going to be thousands of ridiculously angry characters storming the gate at Ghost Stories. Probably 5 actual players affected! Now they're fighting bots.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

SH ad and surplus sinks stay the same, same goes for every other Wondrous Bazaar item? pathetic

Did you really expect anything more? I think they'll do SOME more, but it will be over an extended period of time. Remember how long it took to fix EE issues? Well into Mod 7.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    What about Mythic Vanguard's Banner only granting +500 Pow and +500 LifeSteal instead of the +1996 Pow and +1996 Lifesteal it states?
  • ghia#4018 ghia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Im a new player, and what I have seen happening in the couple of weeks I have played, plus the feedback from other players has already made me think that I will get to 70 once just to do it and then leave the game. The changes to AD were really disappointing and happened as soon as I started playing. I like to play solo for the most part and also like pvp and I heard that this game was solo player friendly. The lack of ways for solo players to make AD is very disheartening and I see nothing being done to rectify this situation, so for now I will just keep leveling to 70 and see if anything changes in the near future.

I allways wait to get a feel for the direction developers are taking with a game before I decide on any real money decisions, and tbh im a bit soured on this game already.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    The Honeybadger is still bugged. :'(
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
    Anyone know if the server is back up? Shouldn't be that long of a patch since it's more like a button, they're adding...
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Wow guys...cool down a bit. A lot of progress has been made since that disaster Mod 6. I came back to play the game again a few weeks ago and am having a good time. I even bought Zen yesterday. The staff had a huge turnover months ago, and they dont have Blizzard-like resources to throw at the game apparently....so things will take much longer to get fixed.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • ortolanoooortolanooo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    > @rayrdan said:
    > FIX COMPANIPONS IN PVP!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is intended for now.
    >
    >
    >
    > ........................... ...... .
    > ..... . . . . . !... shame

tiple quote, disgusted

-Edited- The forum ''quote'' seems not working. there is somethink not bugged in this game/forum?
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Look at pvp in star trek online. It's dead. Been dead a long time.
    Why? because there are so many "gimmicky" overpowered items in star trek online and all (or almost all) can be used in pvp. pvp became a contest of who has the most powerful gimmicky gear or who uses the most consumables.

The main reason, apart from some bugs, for declining income in neverwinter is because of a lack of dungeons.
    Why should players spend money on their stronghold when there is little to do outside the stronghold?
    Most people will agree that stronghold pve is not so fun.
    Heroic encounters in icewind dale are much more interesting and fun than HE's in the stronghold.

Until we get more dungeons, player spending in pve will decline.
    As long as there are bugs and active companions, etc. in pvp, player spending will decline ... because it slowly kills pvp.

The old dungeons must be brought back. One at a time is fine with me.
    If the old dungeons are not returned soon, this game will slowly die, as the pve players leave, and as pvp players leave because Cryptic allows overpowered stuff and bugs in pvp to get some sales from the last few pvp players.

I don't want this game to die.
    Strongholds can't save this game.
    Underdark won't save it either.
    Old dungeons must be brought back and don't try to bleed pvp players too much or they will leave.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

Anyone know if the server is back up? Shouldn't be that long of a patch since it's more like a button, they're adding...

Downtime still scheduled for 3 hours.

Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
    rgladiato said:

3 Hours to patch:

Stronghold Siege
    Resolved an issue for Supplies and Dragon Hoard gold sometimes remaining in inventory after leaving Siege map
    Resolved an issue where Archer Towers would fail to apply their AoE slow effects.
    Ghost Stories: Removed a Thievery node and treasure chest that could be easily accessed without fighting enemies.

Seems like a huge coffee break to me is in order then. Be back soon!
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

rgladiato said:

3 Hours to patch:

Stronghold Siege
    Resolved an issue for Supplies and Dragon Hoard gold sometimes remaining in inventory after leaving Siege map
    Resolved an issue where Archer Towers would fail to apply their AoE slow effects.
    Ghost Stories: Removed a Thievery node and treasure chest that could be easily accessed without fighting enemies.

You forgot the time it takes to change and "motivate" the hamsters.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

rgladiato said:

3 Hours to patch:

Stronghold Siege

thats the patch note which apparently is not used to note all things
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    But moderation is quite active.
    Few posts deleted, not fitting one. This is going to absurd.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The problem with having pets in pvp is that they just result in harder and harder pug stomping. You thought it was bad before when you needed BIS to compete well in pvp? well now you need BIS and a stable of epic pets or you are more screwed then usual. And since pet bonuses are far more powerful then 1 or 2 r12s are pugs are going to hitting BIS people who are standing there and be stunned and dying before they know what is going on.

Pets are bad for premades as well because it converts pvp to who has the better pets simply because the bonuses are so powerful. Where before counter play because of skill was possible, now you are sitting stunned because a cockatrice/crab combo has you locked down. RNG fights suck, pvp is fun because of the skill and team work involved, not because your pet can smash stuff... remember the Dancing Jagged Blade problem? yeah, that would have been in pvp (ok, not quite since you can't actually summon a pet besides an augment, but active bonus bugs will be widespread problems)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

"Ghost Stories: Removed a Thievery node and treasure chest that could be easily accessed without fighting enemies."

I'm not sure how to comment on this. I'm just going to say I'm surprised it happened.

So because we did not have to fight for them they got removed. And the botters are still in and out all day long. 20 to 30 different names, in 5 minutes is what I counted standing outside Ghost Stories. Do something about that, not just remove things, cause they were not fought for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • jasperfichtejasperfichte Member Posts: 5 Arc User

FIX COMPANIPONS IN PVP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is intended for now.
    Dear Strunzslinguer, this brilliant idea will simply bring the game to his natural end, faster than expected.
    Do you really think that the real PvP players still remain in this full-bugged-everyday-secretly-more-p2p game?
    Black Desert online is coming.
    Personally, I'm a romantic, and I wouldn't quit a game to which I'm attacched.
    But these constant teasing , these constant subterfuges to try to make us spend more money are shameful.
    I could accept more willingly to pay a monthly fee to support a game that works and really cares to their playerbase, whose devs really listen to the needs of players. And everything under the sunlight!
    These pathetic attempts to get to our pockets , are intolerable.

Hagen - TR next to flee

Hag of Many-Daggers
  • zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2015

FIX COMPANIPONS IN PVP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is intended for now.

[Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • ortolanoooortolanooo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    Have you ever play neverwinter?
  • fireflowerxfireflowerx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think the pets in pvp are less of a problem than the mailboxes and banking stations showing up in the middle of a pvp. As long as the pets apply to everyone, everyone has an equal opportunity.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Pets are now WAI in all pvps?

Ok, then enable stone of health and healing potions and scrolls of life also in pvp. Oh boy, can this game become even less fun? :-D
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Ghost stories...

It's probably a good move overall. They may need to remove more nodes.
    Not like the players really need mostly random profession items and green junk.

Am guessing companion sales will decide what happens to PvP.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    As for comments on patch time: It is standard and good software practice to do a FULL regression test each time you deploy a new software release. You never know what is broken even if you just did some small changes. These are very complex systems.

As for pets in PvP: Strum said 'for now'. Meaning they likely want to fix it, but they do not have time/resources to do so so the lesser evil is just to say this is ok until they get around to looking into it.

The more overall problem is the amount of effort going into bug fixing in Neverwinter. Cryptic of course have limited resouces available for NW, and it seems they prioritize making new content over agressive bug fixing. The problem with this is that the game is getting ever more buggy. Because bug fixing is not aggressive enough, the amount of bugs in game is ever accumulating making the play experience ever less pleasant.

I would suggest to Cryptic that they put some more manpower into smashing bugs to stop the downward trend. This will have new content production suffer, so it is not an easy balance to find.

This discussion has been closed.