test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch notes (Fictitious)

Comments

• ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    +When you have an empty slot on potions, after talking with wizard in SH PvP treleport scroll will be placed to this empty spot.
    +A new button tab added to campign panel for stronghold that opens Gemmomencer and Guild Outfitter to sale items whereever you are.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    + VIP functions such as summoning a signpost can now be assigned to a hotkey.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

/bind v genaddwindow vipaction_root

Change v to whichever key you want to bring up the VIP window.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    - The VIP professions vendor now has a potions and injury kit tab. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    -Halflings can disable the visuals on footwear. The reason being they are halflings and halflings don't wear shoes!
    + Players with VIP access will now have access to the Neverwinter Nights minigame

(Nah, that's a terrible idea)
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    + A small area added to SH map. This area allow guild players to enter and fight aganist each other as 1v1. This area works as PvP area just like Icewind regions. (Which's aim is to provide a challenge to players for their guild mates also to test their current situation)
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Hunter Ranger
    * Crushing Roots: This power no longer works on other players. The daze duration has been increased by 100%. The tooltip has been updated to reflect these changes.
    * General: The base damage of several HR skills have been increased.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Quoting:

obviously you are using this to complain about ur cleric an sw, , stating they have a tough time, so does any player at low level, please refrain from crying about such things

Response: Please learn a bit about the person you are talking about, i was kinda close to reaching the top 100 pvp clerics during the testing of the neverwinter combat league.

I dont play sw. I was including them so people did not think i was focusing on one class. I pointed out that righteous dc's did not need a damage boost. Virtuous and faithful did.

I pointed out that dc's and sw's are at a disadvantage in pvp. PvP needs to have balanced powers and class features. Do you think it is a coincedence that transcendent elven enchantments are found on many powerful dc's?

Tenacity + control resistance was supposed to fulfill this need but it does not even come close. I just want the dev's to acknowledge this in a friendly manner.

3100 ilevel faithfull dc should not take half an hour to kill a bear in iwd. seriously.

please refrain from accusing people in this thread.

• gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Classes
    • We will be introducing two new classes for testing on the preview server pre module 8 for testing "Psionic Striker" and the "Primal controller".

• All abilities will now have a innate .15 second delay before activation of other abilities.

• Warlocks soul puppets can now be dismissed.

• Warlock Soul puppet has had a art rework in order to bring it more inline with hellish minions in the 9 hells.

• Warlock's soul shard ability can now be used as a constant activated heal on demand as long as you do not use soul shards.

• Warlock's Shadow slip has now been replaced with Dark form.

• Warlock's now have a new defensive ability added "Fear.".

Foundry
    • Foundry achieavements can now be obtained again.

Crafting

• Dragons have now been added as NPCs for foundry creation.

• Rare gear drops have been added to certain difficult foundry's loot tables.

Mounts
    • Wagons have been added to the list of mounts.

• Griffons have been added to the list of obtainable mounts.
    Character creation
    • More "authentic" hair styles have been added to avatar models as choices.

Environment
    • Instanced player housing has been added as "Inns" in PE.

Crafting
    overlaid cloaks can now be created with tailored designs by players with the new vanity crafting sphere.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited September 2015

- Alt characters on your account can be used as a companion with basic abilities, gaining experience that applies back to the actual character.

This is genius. How often do I need a real companion that I don't have to spend millions of AD to upgrade to tank for me while I'm trying to solo on my Healer DC? I have an OP and a GF. My problem is solved. <3<3

Something to add that I didn't see yet. I could have missed it I suppose--

--Ability to choose your role is available when queuing for content. (DPS/TANK/Healer) ect

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited September 2015
    23. Stronghold Siege is back up. [heh.]

24. VIP Rank 12 now allows you to change instance after waiting 20 seconds, instead of 2 minutes.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User

1. The bug with Elven Battle allowing some gimp player to bleed you to death with roots or Avalanche has finally been fixed.
    2. The broken Black Ice Domination zones are finally fixed so that players can actually get their third pvp artifact coffer.
    3. Double and triple kills now actually are counted again in Gauntlgrym. We're not sure why we stopped doing this.
    4. Gauntlgrym and Domination pvp are now solo queue only. The leaver penalty has been reinstated in Gauntlgrym, but a mechanism has been added that allows us to tell whether a player has disconnected from pvp of his or her own volition, or otherwise, and players who have not intentionally left a match will not be penalized.
    5. Damage done from stealth by TRs has been cut by 50% in pvp.
    6. The thanking and healing abilities of paladins have all had their effectiveness reduced by 50% in pvp.
    7. Unstoppable has an internal cooldown of 15 seconds. Sprint now drains stamina twice as quickly in pvp. Additionally, Unstoppable no longer provdes complete control immunity but only halved the duration of control powers on the player while it is active.
    8. All HR-only nerfs to damage over time procs have been undone. Weapon enchantments now apply to all HR abilities, just like they do to EVERY OTHER CLASS.
    9. The damage done by Repel has been halved in pvp.
    10. HRs can now select their ranged and melee abilities independently of one another, so that players in that class will no longer be using one of the same two rotations.
    11. The HP of and damage done by epic Traven Blackdagger have been reduced by 60%. We're not sure why we took so long to do this. We also got rid of the exploits in ECC. Took us long enough, right?
    12. Salvage value of weapons and armor have been restored to mod 4 levels.
    13. The leadership profession has been completely rewritten to make leveling as fast as all other crafting professions. Lengthy tasks to make all three levels of Marks of Potency have been added.
    14. The cost of transmutes to the appearance of items crafted by players has been reduced by 90%, as has the cost of companion upgrades and every single other AD sink in the game.
    15. Celestial bags of refining are now stackable. RP from them is no longer bound. That was a dumb idea, we know.
    16. All SH vouchers have now been moved to the currency inventory, whose size has been expanded to make room.
    17. Crushing roots has a maximum duration per player of 3 seconds, followed by 1 second of immunity to it. However, all HR encounters, dailies and at-wills have been buffed by 60%.
    18. The control duration of GF prone and disable abilities has been halved in pvp.
    19. All endgame-level quests award 3000 RAD apiece up to the daily maximum of 24,000. However, accepting each quest and award requires a specific player response to a random prompt.
    20. Forest Ghost now works like tab does for TRs, and is no longer bugged and all but useless.
    21. We finally got rid of Cold Steel Hurricane and replaced it with something that is easy to direct and does damage consistent with other classes' daily powers.
    22. The time required to craft Elemental Aggregates and Unified Elements has been cut to 1 day and 3 days, respectively.
    23. We actually got rid of the lag in SH pvp. Turns out that was pretty easy to do.
    24. And oh yeah, Astral Seal and Prism no longer cause lag in 25-man raids. Not sure why it took us so long to fix this.
    25. GWF animations no longer do damage without the player's weapon contacting the other player's sprite. So GWF is actually a melee class now.
    26. Gushing wound actually activates every time the encounter key is pressed instead of making the player wait through the animation two or three times to see if it has gone on cooldown.
    27. All weapon and armor enchantments have been re-balanced to make them equally useful. Some work better for certain classes and paragon paths than others, but this is how it should have been all along, right?
    28. Hey, guess what? The old dungeons you've wanted since the launch of mod 6 are back!
    29. Hindering Strike is no longer charge-limited. Not sure why we did that in the first place.
    30. All epic-level rings can now be crafted in Jewelcrafting to add an extra slot.
    31. It is now possible for players to allocate stats from a pool of a given size when crafting level 60-70 armor and weapons. So, for instance, Trappers will no longer have a silly and useless amount of Recovery in their armor instead of Critical Strike or Power. Each stat's potential maximum is, of course, capped at the maximum level provided by any armor otherwise available in-game.
    32. TRs now deflect 50% of damage in pvp instead of 75%.
    33. Reflector builds have been disabled. That never made sense anyway.
    34. The nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments has been reversed. They once again drop RP as before, but it must be picked up by the player within 1 minute.
    35. 12-day Leatherworking tasks at level 25 to craft 24-slot bags have been added.
    36. The RNG no longer applies to crafting tasks. They just work.
    37. In fact the RNG has been rewritten to actually provide the level of chance advertised and upgrades to enchantments (except those with a 1% success rate) will automatically succeed once the player has expended more than 150% of the attempts that should have been necessary to achieve success according to the odds.
    38. Also, every last boon and power has had its description rewritten to provide accurate and complete information on the chance every power has to proc, so that players can make informed decisions about their builds.
    39. Class sigils can now be refined into other artifacts or artifact gear at a 1:1 ratio. They have no intrinsic refinement value when empty.
    40. The player's personal bank now has an AD slot so AD need not be transferred through the ZAX between characters on the same account.
    41. Most in-game currencies have been replaced with gold. Rare-level equipment can be purchased with gold for any level, but is inferior to that which can be crafted by players.
    42. Equipment equal in stats pools to that awarded in dungeons and bought with seals can now be crafted by players for the same price in seals, provided that they have the requisite professions and equipment. However, it is customizable by players as in #31 above.
    43. Mounts can now be re-skinned for the same reduced transmutation price as weapons and armor.
    44. It is now possible for players to form their own 25-person groups for the Temple of Tiamat.
    45. Players who are repeatedly and accurately reported for going afk in Tiamat will be banned from that events for 7 days for each offense.
    46. We got rid of the RNG in the Fetch Quest and made the bones shareable. Take that, ninjas!
    47. We got rid of the stats added by certain mounts. It turns out that was a terrible idea.
    48. AP and stamina drain wards now work as described and can no longer be exploited.
    49. Damage done by all dragons in the stronghold has been reduced to a reasonable level. We know, we should have learned our lesson from mod 6 Tiamat but sometimes we just can't help ourselves.
    50. A spam filter has been added to zone chat. Finally, right?

So, everything else HAMSTER and HRs god-like? hmm, no ty.
    oops, forgot to add @yetweallfalldown to this thread.
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    For all future maintenance's, we will be issuing the proper warnings for the proper games. Also, maintenance warnings will be more precise. When it says you have 10 minutes left, you will actually now have 10 minutes left, not 8.

And no, you cannot take Star Trek Online starships into Tiamat raids....
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    ogarious said:

For all future maintenance's, we will be issuing the proper warnings for the proper games. Also, maintenance warnings will be more precise. When it says you have 10 minutes left, you will actually now have 10 minutes left, not 8.

And no, you cannot take Star Trek Online starships into Tiamat raids....

Oh come on! And I was so looking forward to the look on Tiamat's five faces at the approach of an armada...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    neverwinter's community manager's been on vacation.

obv the STO CM took over some of his duties.. stop trolling all the threads.

but *sigh* ... how mediocre.
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited October 2015
    Nvm
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Spider-Man class.

In all honesty, I'm forwarding this to the devs.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Hero's Feast is now working post 60. up to a maximum of 8,000 HP and 800 Power
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

Spider-Man class.

I am curious to what extent, if any, that will do?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015
    arabatur said:

Spider-Man class.

I am curious to what extent, if any, that will do?
    I'm a man of my word. When I say I'll forward to the devs, I always do :).

I e-mailed this thread to the devs and said there were "great suggestions" from players and even quoted a lot of the initial "Patch Notes" that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Good news Strum, I hope they do consider alot of the saner suggestions and implement some of them, always good to see you posting, but isn't it 2 am there? Go to bed or get in game man!
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    We finally put a correct text in Dread Ring for "Choose a Lair Quest". Now it says "Complete the [Quest] for a CHANCE to receive a [Greater Mark of HAMSTER]. Sorry for misleading you.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The first invoke of the day again takes only 1 click

The Return On Investment quest can now be dropped for good.

When logging out in your Stronghold, you will not log back into the last zone you were in.

Arcane Singularity again pulls mobs to one place.

Traven Blackdagger can no longer be pulled out of his room.

A GM will be placed in PE to instantly ban gold seller and other spammers.

All Bound to Character RP is now Bound to Account

Dragon corpses will now disappear, so that it's loot can be seen.
    Post edited by aulduron on
  • azzmarkazzmark Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hello from the Russian server.

I hope you will hear us even so.

http://www.arcgames.com/ru/forums/nwru#/discussion/200274/bag-gt-gubitelnoy-teni

Will solve this problem for Russian players

We may have language difficulties. But still pay attention to this problem. The problem for a year hurts the players, "executioners" of the Russian servers. It's a shame for money to get defective executioner. We have a lot of fans of this branch.

This is probably already out of despair we write here. Can't hear us. The problem is not solved. And it kills the desire to play the game, for favorite class.

I hope the test is clear, you are using a basic interpreter
  • heberussheberuss Member Posts: 43 Arc User

/bind v genaddwindow vipaction_root

Change v to whichever key you want to bring up the VIP window.
    Hi, how do you discovery codes like "vipaction_root"?
    Peace and Love
    macjae said:

Planar Idols now have a chance of dropping as loot from dungeon bosses and are available for purchase for seals in the Seven Suns, or for glory at the Trade of Blades.
    fab.

nice way to inject some AD back into the economy using currencies we can already earn.

1 seal of triumph = 5k ad
    10 gg coins = 5k ad
    5000 glory = 5k ad
    200 elemental seals = 5k ad
    100 protector seals = 5k ad

5 scrimshaw = 5k ad
    200 dragon hoard coins = 5k ad
    100 fey spark = 5k ad
    50 thayan somethings? = 5k ad

Thanks for all the fish.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    macjae said:

Items and Economy: Reward and AD Adjustments

• All dungeon runs, PvP games, skirmishes and daily zone quests now provide a flat amount of AD per run, to allow anyone to acquire their daily AD through their means of choice.
    • Planar Idols now have a chance of dropping as loot from dungeon bosses and are available for purchase for seals in the Seven Suns, or for glory at the Trade of Blades.
    • Unbound lesser armor and weapon enchantments now have a rare chance of dropping as loot in dungeons, and are also available for glory, seals of triumph and AD at the Trade of Blades.
    • Some utility slot enchantments that increase rewards have been revisited: Dragon Hoard enchantments should now provide more consistent rewards. Salvager's Enchantments provide bags that can contain green and blue items, protector's and elemental seals, and a rare chance of statless purple items that can be salvaged for varying amounts. Tymora's Lucky Enchantments provide potions, gold and profession resources, with a very rare chance of a green asset, and have a small chance of containing nearly any type of seal. Fey Blessing enchantments now have a chance of also providing a refining stone such as Thaumaturgic, Union, Stability or Power (but not Resonance).
    • AD generation has been restored to a few rare Leadership tasks: Hunt Down an Escaped Experiment (at 3,200 RAD), Capture Bandit Leader (at 800 RAD), Protect Diamond Shipment (at 800 RAD, now requires three mining claims, Patrol the Mines has been increased to 8 hours), Gather Astral Diamonds (at 80 RAD, now requires three local maps).

Items and Economy: Professions More Useful
    • The AD cost to make armor and jewelry reinforcements have been removed -- these now only consume professions resources.
    • Dragon mating season is on! Dragon Heroic Encounters now have a small chance of rewarding a Dragon Egg.
    • The Artificing and Weaponsmithing professions now have a new 12-day task that produces Cubes of Augmentation, allowing these professions to help boost artifact weapons and offhands.
    • New high-level recipes available for Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing and Tailoring: These new level 70 armor sets resemble now defunct gear sets to make these available for transmutation. These armor sets also feature unusual stat combinations and stat bonuses.
    • Leatherworking: Level 70 versions of darkleather shirt and pants are now available.
    • Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing and Tailoring: Now have new high-level tasks that produce various types of new overload enchantments. These overload enchantments have special synergy with appropriate armor types.
    • Alchemy has new recipes for single-color dyes: White, grey, orange and yellow are now available in batches of 1-3. The recipe requires a Unified Element.

Items and Economy: Refinement Revisited
    • Common enchantments and runestones now provide only 40% of their current RP -- for instance, rank 4s provide a base of 54 RP. Their multiplier has been increased to ×5 when put into an appropriate enchantment (Radiant into Radiant, for instance). They now only provide the base amount of RP for all other types of items.
    • The amount of RP provided by all types of RP "stones" has been doubled -- this includes all Thaumaturgic, Union, Stability, Power and Resonance stones.
    All of this. A million times over. Kudos to you.