test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marks of Potency Pricing Changes

goatsharkgoatshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
With the recent changes to the AD economy, we are going to be reducing the cost on a few items in the Wondrous Bazaar, and adding a new item.
  • Marks of Potency will be reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD
  • Greater Marks of Potency will be reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD
  • *NEW* Superior Marks of Potency will be priced at 100k AD
In addition, we are changing some of the upgrade requirements on higher end Enchantments and Runestones. Weapon and Armor Enhancement gems will not be changed at this time.
  • Going from Rank 10->11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
  • Going from Rank 11->12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

These changes will be going live very soon. Once they’re live and we can monitor performance for a bit, we will re-evaluate and see if further changes are necessary. As an FYI, we are continuing to monitor ALL Astral Diamond costs/performance/etc. as we work to balance this economy. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Shicoff
Lead Designer

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Faith restored.

Wasn't expecting it but damn.

You guys really need to do server wide announcements for this kind of thing though. Just use the system you use to announce server maintenance.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    urabask said:

Faith restored.

Are you joking? The costs are still too high considering there is no way to earn AD anymore.

These sinks were added because of Caturday, Leadership and Astral Resonator. Now that there is no source (other than 24K per day) these sinks need to go away completely.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The Rank 7+ double enchantment requirement should go...
    As a non-whale, I find it really a gigantic cockblock to try and go past rank 8 or greater weapon/armor enchant.

But still, this is welcome news. Well done so far.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Even cheap items are hard to get when you dont get any new AD in your wallet.

You still need to add ways to farm items that players can resell in AH. I mean, how are people going to afford the wards needed? Theres simply is no way. Its still P2W even with these changes.

I actually would perfere expensive items with a way to earn a lot of AD by playing the game.

With 24k a day, it would take 20 days just to get one blue ward. And to get those 24k, it takes a lot of time and effort every single day with dungeons, pvp etc. Its way to little profit for all that work and time.

"We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate."

I havent seen a greater mark drop from any T2 dungeon in months.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    edited September 2015
    sm0ld3r said:

urabask said:

Faith restored.

Are you joking? The costs are still too high considering there is no way to earn AD anymore.

These sinks were added because of Caturday, Leadership and Astral Resonator. Now that there is no source (other than 24K per day) these sinks need to go away completely.

They literally just cut something dumb like 75% of the cost of getting rank 9 enchants. Not sure what you were expecting but this is a lot more generous of a decrease in costs than I was expecting. Now they just need to work on Companion upgrade costs, armor kits, and Cube of Augmentation.

Depending on how they handle artifacts you could see a pretty generous decrease there too. At the very least getting your artifacts to epic is pretty damn easy.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    "We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game"

after you make this review, could you please share those locations with the playerbase :)

appreciate the changes btw

*the only thing it is annoying adding yet another type of currency, seriously inventory is getting crazy with bound by account bound by character and unbound types of all stones
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Wow. That is awesome (but damn it, I just brought a few GMOPs yesterday). The ensuing discussion will be interesting. Some people held GMOPs as their store of value. Their holdings just got devalued by another 70%. Ouch. But great for the NWN poor like me.
  • Options
    sabiwensabiwen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I am surprised at how fast you guys did this. This is a good change, and I am looking forward to more.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    That's a real good start.
  • Options
    vangiggsyvangiggsy Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This is a good start, thank you. There still needs to be other ways to earn AD by playing content other than pvp, skirmish and dungeons. HEs, foundry, random drops from quest kills etc.

I also agree that this needs to be announced in game somehow as not all read forums.
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    This is exactly what we needed, thanks for listening to our requests :)
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    This sounds pretty good, @goatshark, thank you!

Why not add earned AD/RAD for each quest completed as well? That would go a long way to helping us all out.

Thanks1
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,251 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I know this won't be that simple .... what is Superior Marks of Potency? When do we need it?

EDIT: Never mind.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sabiwensabiwen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Will this change Artifact upgrades?
    Instead of 5 GMOPS to Mythic, would you need SMOPS, or at they keeping it at 5 GMOPs at the lower price above?

So, this last Dbl RP I upgraded 4 artifacts to Mythic
    20 GMOPs x 75k (VIP cost) = 1,500,000 AD
    New system would be 20 GMOPS at 18,750 = 375,000 AD

Well, that sucks that I just wasted 1,125,000 AD.
  • Options
    peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Thank you Scott and team, even with much work remaining to balance the costs and AD sinks with income, this move is very enheartening.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    wow excellent news! This was well needed and might help a bit with the overall item costs
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    I hope it is just beginning and more changing in this direction are comming soon, otherwise it's more like throwing a bone to make players shut up

Inventing new marks was unnecessary. Tbh I suspect it's a smokescreen to obscure the fact they didn't in fact reduce costs as much as needed. But maybe I am wrong and they ideed are doing something right this time.
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    urabask said:

They literally just cut something dumb like 75% of the cost of getting rank 9 enchants. Not sure what you were expecting but this is a lot more generous of a decrease in costs than I was expecting. Now they just need to work on Companion upgrade costs, armor kits, and Cube of Augmentation.

Yes but noticed they replaced GMOPS with SMOPS so that reduction isn't really 75%. It's a 40% reduction for a Rank 11, and a 20% reduction on the cost for a Rank 12.

The fundamental problem is this is like reducing the price of a mansion from 20M to 10M and trying to sell it to folks with a 24K salary.

These AD sinks need to go as the reason they came into being in the first place is now gone.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    sabiwen said:

Will this change Artifact upgrades?
    Instead of 5 GMOPS to Mythic, would you need SMOPS, or at they keeping it at 5 GMOPs at the lower price above?

So, this last Dbl RP I upgraded 4 artifacts to Mythic
    20 GMOPs x 75k (VIP cost) = 1,500,000 AD
    New system would be 20 GMOPS at 18,750 = 375,000 AD

Well, that sucks that I just wasted 1,125,000 AD.

I'd assume going to legendary will be the same as going to rank 11 and mythic will be the same as going to rank 12.

Wow. That is awesome (but damn it, I just brought a few GMOPs yesterday). The ensuing discussion will be interesting. Some people held GMOPs as their store of value. Their holdings just got devalued by another 70%. Ouch. But great for the NWN poor like me.

Imagine the reaction of all the guys selling stacks of 5 GMoPs on the AH to try to make AD off VIP.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    That's awesome, the crappy part is that I just bought a bunch of GMOPs :(
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    Well, at least we see 1st move in motion of 'we care' since a long long while. Surely should be spread wide.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    goatshark said:

We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

I wasn't aware that these dropped in all of those locations. Mind sharing where they were supposed to do drop. The only place I knew about was using the top tier gauntlet in Dread Ring towers.
  • Options
    stormboundsoulstormboundsoul Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User

Even cheap items are hard to get when you dont get any new AD in your wallet.

You still need to add ways to farm items that players can resell in AH. I mean, how are people going to afford the wards needed? Theres simply is no way. Its still P2W even with these changes.

I actually would perfere expensive items with a way to earn a lot of AD by playing the game.

With 24k a day, it would take 20 days just to get one blue ward. And to get those 24k, it takes a lot of time and effort every single day with dungeons, pvp etc. Its way to little profit for all that work and time.

"We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate."

I havent seen a greater mark drop from any T2 dungeon in months.

Make alts, run fast simple ad giving quests that give rad......use the exchange pool your resources...you actually have to do it...there is no autobatctic automagically working here......it can be done.....be creative....yes you might have to buy more character slots......simple
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    goatshark said:

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

Would it be possible for these locations to be made public? To my knowledge, there is only 1 location that these still drop and that is Dread Ring instances. They may drop from skill nodes maybe.

Overall, a necessary change. Costs are cut a bit across the board and it makes me happy I didn't splurge on R12's this last 2xRP ('ll I'll save millions of AD).
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    ulviel said:

I hope it is just beginning and more changing in this direction are comming soon, otherwise it's more like throwing a bone to make players shut up

Inventing new marks was unnecessary. Tbh I suspect it's a smokescreen to obscure the fact they didn't in fact reduce costs as much as needed. But maybe I am wrong and they ideed are doing something right this time.

Probably because they know some players hold huge amounts of GMOPS and now they cut the value of those with 70% or so.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    This is VERY healthy sign. But like many are stating, much, much more needs doing.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    sm0ld3r said:

urabask said:

Yes but noticed they replaced GMOPS with SMOPS so that reduction isn't really 75%. It's a 40% reduction for a Rank 11, and a 20% reduction on the cost for a Rank 12.

The fundamental problem is this is like reducing the price of a mansion from 20M to 10M and trying to sell it to folks with a 24K salary.

These AD sinks need to go as the reason they came into being in the first place is now gone.
    Yes, but the cost barrier for most players was getting to rank 10.

Once you have rank 10 enchants you're probably around 3k GS and you can run pretty much all the content in the game pretty easily anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.