What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WOW that was awesome

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would also like to add that I thought this week's Featured Episode was very good and enjoyed every moment of it. I will have to replay with an alt as I typically play with my music down so I missed out on the music that others are posting about. Great job to everyone involved in designing the episode
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It was brilliant: ghosts, dark places, atmospheric music, freakish crazy hologram, attention to detail, best episode reward yet, great effects with the lighting, and above all, hairy spiders!

Forking brilliant! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well done STO team!

The Mission ticked all the trek boxes, keep putting out this standard :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Best Mission ever. The only part I didn't like was not being able to use my resuscitation skill to res my boffs in the final battle. It caused me to wipe, which made me mad. Although now that I know I (and my boffs) cannot use the skill during the final battle, I'll probably never let myself get in that situation again.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Galtrovan wrote: »
    Best Mission ever. The only part I didn't like was not being able to use my resuscitation skill to res my boffs in the final battle. It caused me to wipe, which made me mad. Although now that I know I (and my boffs) cannot use the skill during the final battle, I'll probably never let myself get in that situation again.
    My Klink was resuscitated by the BOs a couple of times in the final battle without problem. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Galtrovan wrote: »

I was able to call for help and my Breen boff was able to res me. Has this kind of thing happened to you before?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Get ready to venture to the 23rd century in the next episode to TOS consoles and a retro looking interior........
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It'll be cool to see what that part of the station looks like when not all old and burned-out. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    awesome mission! Creepy and fun. made me jump a few times. Good job and keep em commin!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I loved it as well.
    it was like playing a compleatly diffrent game.

Devs, look at the changes you have made with these 2 series and the changes done in the undine sector.
    and please, for the love of, Dhstal! apply this to the rest of the game!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kahn wrote: »
    That was the most epic mission I've played yet. Right next to City on the Edge of Never. Great job!

ditto....by far the best episodic play trough yet of the game.

city was great, but this was above and beyond...hats off.... :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I loved it, great job. Spiders, I hate spiders! And in the dark too. Awsome, and I can't wait for the next one!!
    And yea...felt creepy and scary!
    Please...more!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Missions like this one is the reason we sub,good work!:)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    This was really a top-notch episode. It really fits in perfectly with the Halloween season.

Low Light, Chains from the ceiling, spiders, and a Crazy Hologram which really scared me on my first time when his popup appeared and I had my volume up a bit high. :D

And they even implemented my idea of different Captain skills to make it more different. :D

My only complaint, with this mission is with the Devidians. They just have a type of attack that causes low-end video cards to greatly lag. Other than that, this mission was perfect. 10/10!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Best Weekly Episode by now. Good Job.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I agree. It was a damn good episode. My favorite moment was when I entered a area and there we wall to wall Devis looking at me, then they vanished as I was gearing up for a slugfest.

Oh. Has anyone used the reward on their bridge? You get a interesting effect.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8425/screenshot2010103014473.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I agree. It was a damn good episode. My favorite moment was when I entered a area and there we wall to wall Devis looking at me, then they vanished as I was gearing up for a slugfest.

Oh. Has anyone used the reward on their bridge? You get a interesting effect.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8425/screenshot2010103014473.jpg

EXTRA! EXTRA! TRIOLIC PATTERN ENHANCER!! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=186480

I checked it quite extensively already. Except for the getting blasted by a Proton Rifle while inside the pattern enhancers.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Just wanted to add my voice to this thread, and echo the comments that this is one of the best missions in the game. Hats off to all involved. Brilliant design work, and creepy as all get out.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Excellent!! Of all the awesome contained in that mission the top three for me: The creepy hologram, he kinda put me in mind of HAL singing "Daisy", the opening doors now go back and do that with all them interior missions, and most notably the little unobtrusive box that pops up when you get a message in the middle of doing something, sure beats that mega monitor.

Great overall, I only wish my entire away team had proton packs.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    This mission was awesome, it seems like someone knows horror better than half of Hollywood.

Also, thanks for naming the bosses Phantasm, makes me think of the movie by the same name while doing these.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'll add my kudos. I'm often critical of the game, but this mission was very impressive. At times I was reminded of the Ocean House scene from Vampire: Bloodlines (STILL the creepiest, scariest moment in ANY game I've ever played).

There were a couple of little bugs. One, the flashlight would periodically stop illuminating things even though it was turned on. Two, something affected me at some point that surrounded me with a red glow that never went away. I'm not sure what it was, but it stayed until I finished the mission.

I did wish I could go to first person viewing, my character's head always seemed to be in the way of seeing what the light was illuminating.

One other thought, did they try giving lights to the away team? Might have made navigation a little easier.

(Oh, and another thought - I found myself wishing I could do the analysis of the data on my own ship instead of K7. This was an opportunity to make the interior of our ships functional for something. Let us go to our lab (on the Engineering deck) and do the console thing there.)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Incredible!

Awesome work!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Honestly, fantastic job on all who worked on it! Best mission to date. We need more Voice Overs! More sounds! more creatures! I loved the spiders, I would love some more creatures like this to fight. And maybe as a pet. :D

But seriously, nice work!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I nearly soiled my undergarments when the rampant EMH spoke for the first time. :o :rolleyes:

Were you scared, Bonnie-kin? ;)

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

Very cool episode, definitely. Very good for halloween. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    this episode....

impressed with it- i am.

more, you must make
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am really happy that yall seem to love the mission. It was a lot of fun to work with the whole team to put it together and try and add in the spooky parts. I hope everyone has a good Halloween weekend and thanks again for the feedback!... It really helps us figure out what is liked and disliked for the future episodes.

-Chaddington

PS.... I am curious to see if anyone has done a 1 person elite run through and a 5 person elite run through. If so how was it? I expected around 5-10 wipes at the boss encounter. The final encounter should be scaling with your team size as well... At least I think it should. Anyway.. just was curious =)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Absolutely amazing!
    This was the perfect mission for Halloween!
    Can't wait for episode 4!

-PF
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It was great. I was actually confused on where to go, which seems more realistic. My only complaint is that the flashlight seemed to have no effect...but again, for me it was a positive...in Trek, quick fix solutions always failed.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I absolutely loved this episode.. and I really hope that the content development team takes this episode and uses it as a standard by which all future content and episodes should be measured. Last week's episode felt a bit hollow, and short.. and this episode felt HUGE and totally immersive.

About the flashlight.. I did get some glitches with it, but toggling it on and off seemed to resolve most "unlightable areas".

Unlike the other people, I still have my flashlight. It's still equipped in my bar, and I can remove and replace it at will. Like the fire extinguisher and the torpedo launcher for the Planet Killer.. I still have it, and can still equip and use it, I am a bit disappointed that unlike the fire extinguisher, we can't use the flashlight in "common" areas, like starbases. But I was able to use it on my bridge, so maybe that's because I was alone there. I dunno.

In the episode, I kept hoping for some openable crates.. there were certainly PLENTY of crates.... but alas I couldn't find any to open.

PS.. I hope we're gonna see more of that.. ahem.. [COLOR="Black"]hologram malfunction[/COLOR] in the future.. it felt VERY [COLOR="Black"]Redjac[/COLOR]-ian.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    PodSix wrote:
    I absolutely loved this episode.. and I really hope that the content development team takes this episode and uses it as a standard by which all future content and episodes should be measured. Last week's episode felt a bit hollow, and short.. and this episode felt HUGE and totally immersive.

About the flashlight.. I did get some glitches with it, but toggling it on and off seemed to resolve most "unlightable areas".

Unlike the other people, I still have my flashlight. It's still equipped in my bar, and I can remove and replace it at will. Like the fire extinguisher and the torpedo launcher for the Planet Killer.. I still have it, and can still equip and use it, I am a bit disappointed that unlike the fire extinguisher, we can't use the flashlight in "common" areas, like starbases. But I was able to use it on my bridge, so maybe that's because I was alone there. I dunno.

In the episode, I kept hoping for some openable crates.. there were certainly PLENTY of crates.... but alas I couldn't find any to open.

PS.. I hope we're gonna see more of that.. ahem.. [COLOR="Black"]hologram malfunction[/COLOR] in the future.. it felt VERY [COLOR="Black"]Redjac[/COLOR]-ian.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wondered if it might actually BE Redjac, initially. I wondered if it'd somehow gotten loose from where they trapped it, on top of the Devidian issue. hehehe. :)

As far of the crates go, I'm of two minds on it, kinda. The Devidians had pretty good drops, especially with my first playthrough. But even that was slightly disruptive. Looting crates endlessly would disrupt the atmosphere Heinig was trying to make for us. It would just be silly.