test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

|| Task Force Hydra || [RP Group]

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Earth Spacedock
❙ ❙ ❙ TASK FORCE HYDRA: OVERVIEW ❙ ❙ ❙

Task Force Hydra is an RP Fleet centered around the idea of a battle group, similar to Battle Group Omega, whose function is primarily special operations and deep space exploration support. Hydra does not have a single base of operations, rather our base of operations will change depending on how the game unfolds essentially following the hotspots within Star Trek Online. From a roleplay perspective this means our surroundings will change based upon where Starfleet Command has seen fit to dispatch Hydra. We have also adopted the Starfleet Marine concept and will offer this type of roleplay through the 10th Marine Expeditionary Unit currently attached to Hydra.

At Hydra we place a high value on fleet camaraderie. Our membership ranges from those who are considered light RPers to those who may be considered hardcore RPers, with the fleet outlook focusing on moderate to heavy RP overall. We are not draconian in our RP requirements as we take part in optional OOC interaction between fleet members so that we may get to know one another better. Fleet roleplaying takes place in local chat in various locales, on our forums, as well as in Team chats and a special RP channel. We participate in PvE such as STFs, alt leveling, and will take part in PvP on some occasions. We also have an interest in participating in joint-roleplays between our members and those of other fleets, as well as full interfleet roleplay events; contact us if this is something your fleet might be interested in.

Hydra was conceptualized and is lead by members who believe in well written, quality Star Trek roleplay and are familiar with 90%+ of the IP including television series, movies, and books. We are fun, friendly, and enjoy meeting players who enjoy roleplay in it's various forms.

❙ ❙ ❙ COMMAND STRUCTURE ❙ ❙ ❙

Hydra maintains a small, concise command structure that will expand/adapt to fit Hydra's needs as the group grows. These are voluntary positions of leadership that will be filled by active individuals with the experience to fulfill them.

Commanding Officer
Vice Adm. Jonathon Shephard

Executive Officer
Rear Adm. Darl Brennan

Mission Operations
Fleet Captain

Recruiting Operations
Fleet Captain

Logistics
Fleet Captain

10th MEU Commander
Colonel

The ranks of Vice Admiral, Rear Admiral, Fleet Captain, and Colonel are reserved for Command Staff for leadership and roleplaying purposes. Character RP ranks for members may be chosen from the standard ranks of Ensign through Captain, with Marine ranks consisting of Lt. Colonel, Major, Captain, First Lieutenant, and Second Lieutenant.

❙ ❙ ❙ POINTS OF CONTACT ❙ ❙ ❙

Recruiting Contacts: @Captain_Shephard, @sgtinvincible, @justsilver

Fleet representatives wishing to set up an interfleet RP event may contact either individual above, or visit the Docking Port in the Command section of our forums (found on the Hydra website).

❙ ❙ ❙ HOW TO JOIN ❙ ❙ ❙

To join Hydra please visit our website at http://www.hydracommand.com and follow the instructions outlined in "Join TFH."

We look forward to roleplaying with you on our forums and in game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    (Reserved by Command)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    (Also Reserved by Command)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    (FURTHER Reserved by Command)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ❙ ❙ ❙ JOIN TASK FORCE HYDRA ❙ ❙ ❙

Are you looking for a quality Star Trek-based roleplay? Check out Task Force Hydra, a friendly Star Trek roleplay group integrating RP with PvE and PvP play. Task Force Hydra members don't just PvE. We don't just PvP either. We RP-PvE and we RP-PvP. Go to www.hydracommand.com for more information!

This recruitment message brought do you by the United Federation of Planets Council for the Furthering of Brownie Consumption. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    An Except from "Academy Tales", a RP by Admirals Shephard and Darl soon to be continued on the Hydra RP forums. The story visits Jon and Bren in their second year at Starfleet Academy where, while on a training mission, the science team their training vessel is assigned to take supplies and fresh personnel to goes missing.
    First Imar’Retan inhaled sharply, taking a deep breath of air. It smelled burnt, like ozone and wounded flesh. Having overcome so much since their fighter had been downed here back in the Dominion War he could smell the sweet scent of victory, of true freedom, upon them. They had been watching the team for days after discovering them, on accident, when a hunting patrol of young had gotten turned around and almost stumbled into their research camp. Their Voorta would have tried to negotiate. Luckily he had been killed in the crash, at least that was Imar’Retan’s official story.

He had no interest in changing it.

“First! They are receiving hails from a Federation starship in orbit.” His Seventh shouted to him. Imar’Retan nodded, a feral grin have spread upon his face.

“Good, these Federation rats have saved us the trouble of having to call anyone here. It is likely they will send down a search party, get all of these—” He motioned to the survivors who had surrendered, either willingly for by being knocked unconscious, around them. “back to our camp. I don’t want anyone left here who can warn that crew when it comes looking for them, and they will come looking for them. Plus, I suspect that at some point they’ll make excellent currency for bartering should Starfleet track us down.”

The Seventh and the Jem’Hadar soldiers under him began shoving wounded into the forest, forcing them to carry those who could not walk. The First looked up at the sky with a sharp toothed grin, the storms appeared to be intensifying. As a fast moving speck appeared in the distance, a Federation runabout, he suspected, he hurried into the forest confident that the storm had knocked out their sensors.

To check out this story from the beginning, soon to appear in the Episodes forum, check out www.hydracommand.com and click on Forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    One paper down for school. Moving on to work on the rough draft for my course project.

Although, I would much rather continue work on here. :p

I'll be in game later tonight. Everyone have a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Deadliest Catch Fans

Discovery Channel is running a Deadliest Catch Memorial Day Marathon all weekend long. :D

Good chance to watch some classic Captain Phil.

Kudos go to that man, may he rest in peace.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Congratulations go out to Captain Sekon!

Captain Sekon has been promoted to the rank Fleet Captain, Logistics, and will be managing Hydra's Fleet Bank as well as crafting duties.

Congratulations, Fleet Captain Sekon!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    *yaaaaaawn*

Good night, Hydra.

Have a good gamma shift.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Site is really shaping up. I hope others will check it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Good morning, Hydra!

Getting ready for work. Meh.

Be sure to welcome our newest recruit, Lt. Commander Captiva in Transporter Room 3 and in game!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Don't forget to take advantage of the Memorial Day sale.

If you've wanted to buy anything from the C-Store now would be the time to do it. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Love the idea and names!

I only played in beta but I'm thinking about picking the game up soon.

Maybe I'll see you guys in game =)

Captain Sora Maldoran
    USS Pathfinder
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hello Captain Maldoran! :)

And thank you!

Admiral Darl and myself were both in the closed beta as well. The game has really grown by leaps and bounds since then. At the very least someone could give you a referral if you want to give it another go before actually purchasing the game.

Hopefully I'll see you there. You can reach me in game using @Captain_Shephard. :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hello Captain Maldoran! :)

And thank you!

Admiral Darl and myself were both in the closed beta as well. The game has really grown by leaps and bounds since then. At the very least someone could give you a referral if you want to give it another go before actually purchasing the game.

Hopefully I'll see you there. You can reach me in game using @Captain_Shephard. :cool:

A referral? Is that just the demo of the tutorial and first mission? I just played through that a few days ago and i loved it. Not really sure I can do anything else now though so I havent logged back in haha.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    GATEGOD wrote: »
    A referral? Is that just the demo of the tutorial and first mission? I just played through that a few days ago and i loved it. Not really sure I can do anything else now though so I havent logged back in haha.

I'm not sure, but it most likely is. I haven't handed out any referral keys yet.

I *used* to have a Buddy Key available but I don't see it anymore. I'm not sure if they did away with them or not. The Buddy Key was like 3 days or more, I forget exactly.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Welcome to our newest Captain, Lt. Commander Brooks!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Congratulations to our newest Command Officer, Fleet Captain Sekon! Research, Development and Logistics will never be the same! :P
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Welcome to our recruitment page Captain Maldoran! It's good to have you stop by!

I sincerely appreciate the kind comments on our theme, names etc. We have worked hard to create a fleet that is inclusive, warm and welcoming to those Trekkers (and Trekies!) who genuinely enjoy RP and STO. I hope you give us a good look and apply to become a member.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments, feel free to contact me, I'm just a 'hail' away. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I wish I would quit knocking over my Mountain Dew bottle.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    TFH, I'm thinking of hosting a Lt. 1 Pakled DSE run later this week. If you have the slot, create a Pakled, 'make him go' through the tutorial, and prepare to RP the historic encounter of the first Pakled's to meet a Klingon Battle Fleet.

It would be glorious for them...if it wasn't so sad....

:D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    LMAO!

I love it. I don't have the Pakled race yet but I can probably get it. I think I have slot free.

We need to make sure we get screen shots.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Haha, if Cryptic took the time to make them, then I'm sure Klingons will take the time to kill them.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think I have a Pakled bridge officer or two saved on Shep. Maybe I'll give mine an all Pakled command staff. lol
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've never been out of the first sector of space in beta. How does one actually get out of it? Haha
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You'll leave the first sector sometime around Lt.5-6. I think the next sector is the Regulus Sector. Once you finish that sector, you should be Ltcomm 1 and you'll move into the next (against Romulans I think). As you level up and complete missions in different sectors, you'll move on. It's fairly linear as far as Episodes go, but you can always go back and do patrols etc in lower level areas.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Your missions eventually start to guide you out of the Sirius Sector through "Patrol" missions and a few episodes; The Kuvah'maugh (spelling check?) for instance, which directs you to the Regulus System in the Celes Sector, in the Regulus Block.

Usually the mission text will tell you what Sector Block you need to go to. Each Sector Block has three-four sectors within it. The easiest way to navigate is to hit "M" on your keyboard to bring up your map, then click on System List. The System List will have all the systems/other locales in your current sector block that you can visit and it will also have the the other Sector Blocks that are connected to it.. I think they're denoted by a triangle on the left side of the name.

Just double click and it will auto-navigate you to the sector border for that sector block and a "traffic control" officer will prompt you to warp to the next sector block or cancel. Sometimes you have to pay careful attention where it's trying to send you, because if you hit the border too soon (before you reach the sector you want) it will try to warp you somewhere else. For example, if you set course for Beta Ursae from the Sol System it will try to send you to Delta Volanis before you get there because of the pathing.

If you look at the Galaxy (I think it's called) tab, you can see how all the sectors blocks connect, so you can see what sector blocks you need to take to get to other sector blocks. For example, to get to the Pi Canis Sector Block you have to first go to the Regulus Sector Block.

Here's a link to a Quadrant Map that shows you how everything connects in game: http://img.trekmovie.com/images/sto/stomap.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Good Morn Hydra. Hope to see some of you online.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I should be on later tonight, it's date night with Mrs. Darl!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Before your date, I need a fleet invite please, I have tried sending messages ingame, not sure if you guys are getting them, @captiva Thx