|| Task Force Hydra || [RP Group]

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Buffalo wing night. :P Back later!
    edited June 2010
    Bump!

Really digging my Oslo-class. I think I have a good weapons loadout. Mix of torps, beams, and cannons.
    edited June 2010
    Good night, Hydra!

Have a good Gamma shift.

Grocery shopping for me in the morning. :D
    edited June 2010
    Finally home from an epic night of P&P gaming. Good times indeed. Now it's time to hit the sack. Good night Hydra!
    edited June 2010
    Good morning, Hydra!

I'd like to give a warm welcome to our newest cadet, Lt. Colonel Butler!
    edited June 2010
    Back to the top!
    edited June 2010
    Welcome Lt. Colonel Butler!
    edited June 2010
    bumpety bump!

Hope all are having a great day of STO!
    edited June 2010
    New Goal: Learn French

Why? Because I can. :D
    edited June 2010
    Ugh. Work tomorrow.
    edited June 2010
    Looking for a great group of people to hang out and RP with?

Look no further! Give Hydra a try: http://www.hydracommand.com
    edited June 2010
    Good night Hydra!
    edited June 2010
    Good morning, Hydra!

*yawning* I'll be honest.. I could really go back to bed. I used to love going to work about three years ago. Now it just sucks.. funny how people can change things.
    edited June 2010
    Happy Friday, Hydra!
    edited June 2010
    Morning Hydra!
    edited June 2010
    Good morning on the exchange, then got a couple levels on the alt. Not bad. Hope everyone is having a great day.
    edited June 2010
    if you don't mind me asking. but how is your RP fleet?
    edited June 2010
    How is our fleet Zodi, or how does it work?

If you are asking the former, then, we're doing fantastic!

If you are asking the second, then let me direct you to our website. www.hydracommand.com

There you'll find everything we are about and kind of a rundown on the RP aspects of our fleet. On our forums we even have a few RP stories people are writing. Hope you enjoy!

Let me know if you have any more questions!
    edited June 2010
    How is our fleet Zodi, or how does it work?

If you are asking the former, then, we're doing fantastic!

If you are asking the second, then let me direct you to our website. www.hydracommand.com

There you'll find everything we are about and kind of a rundown on the RP aspects of our fleet. On our forums we even have a few RP stories people are writing. Hope you enjoy!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

it was the first. but if you don't mind me asking how is your fleets vibe? how active is the fleet? how creative is the fleet?( I'm looking for a heavy RP fleet. ) I also saw the web site, and I like the looks.
    edited June 2010
    Zodi, we're a medium to heavy RP fleet, with an admitted acknowledgement of casual play. Our players range from brand new RPers finding their feet to hard core Trekkers who write extensive fan fics. Our philisophy on RP is if you feel like RPing, go for it, and help make for a good story with those who want to take part. We don't force people to RP who would rather just play from time to time, but we encourage it when in groups and have dedicated channels for OOC and IC play.

As for fleet health, we currently have 10-15 active personnel (which isn't bad considering we're only a few weeks old). The 'vibe' is very positive and I can honestly say we are friends first, guildmates second. We engender a family atmosphere and work to make a place to where the only drama that takes place is that which occurs in the RP we create together. We try to be laid back, but stern with protecting our members and I feel it makes for a warm safe place for fans to come play.

Basically we exist to facilitate fun for our members. We are all serious fans, and love to debate our favorite shows, crew, ships etc in a respectable way. I also love that we have a burgeoning out of game RP scene with some amazingly written fan fic and forum RP going on.

Anyway, things are going well for us. If you like the sound of it, we'd love to have you apply as a cadet. Of course, any further questions you have are most welcome.
    edited June 2010
    I am intrigued. the only thing I'm wondering is how will this effect my current character's story? do I have to scrap it, and start new, or do I integrate my current story to be able to join. ( my story isn't one of those lame stories where the player's character is over powered. ) for example. my character Mack Travis Doza, is a captain in command of the U.S.S. Zhukov, but it is a temporary command. ( I'm looking at the battle cruisers for the next ship. I even have the ship, and back story picked out ) so how would that that change other then writing myself a story for the fleet?
    edited June 2010
    Our fleet has a meta story in order to focus people on a fleet goal (we're a highly mobile, semi autonmous fleet, which Starfleet expects to be ready for a multimission profile. Basically, we're the Starfleet A-Team. Somedays we root out Undine, some days we ferry diplomats. It allows for people to maximize their character RP without being focused soley on one mission), but we allow personal character histories as your personal story dictates.. We don't feel it's necessary for the fleet to drive a character, therefore it's up to you to put him/her in as you see fit. My main character for example, isn't a young upstart given command. His background was established well before the game launched. Now his history is that which I have created for him in forum RP, as well as 'untold' stories which may have taken place in game, or that I simply haven't put to paper yet.

So basically, short answer, your character is assigned to Hydra and your story begins there, or you can make it so it is more extensive and fit it in as you wish.. You aren't required to RP the rank your character shows in the game (ie, you can be a RP Commander in Hydra, and a Lt. in game, or even a Lt. Commander RP rank, and a RA5 in game.) We try to play loosely and allow more maximum imagination. Sure, the game will dictate storylines when we go on RP fleet missions, but for overall RP sake, we want your story to take presidence over the events of the game. STO is merely a facilitator for our stories, instead of the director.

Hehe, I hope that makes sense.
    edited June 2010
    so for example. my main is a captain RP wise. so if I join he would join as a captain under your fleet's admiral? ( it's ok of you want to demote me, I would just have to find a good reason to demote )
    edited June 2010
    Just giving an early, very early, morning shout out to my favorite people! 3:57 am eastern time and I've JUST gotten off the road. Been on the medic since about 9 am yesterday.. just back to back to back runs. Tired as all get out.

Zodi, it's great to meet you! Hydra allows all members to RP their characters with any rank from Ensign to Captain (or Second Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel for Marines). The only ranks we reserve/restrict for RP are Fleet Captain, Rear Admiral, and Vice Admiral. There would be NO reason at all to demote your character. :) You are more than welcome to introduce him/her as a Captain in RP (even if your rank and grade in game were say.. Lieutenant 5). :cool:

Hope this helps!
    edited June 2010
    Morning Hydra!
    edited June 2010
    Final draft of my e-commerece paper today. YAY.
    edited June 2010

Zodi, it's great to meet you! Hydra allows all members to RP their characters with any rank from Ensign to Captain (or Second Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel for Marines). The only ranks we reserve/restrict for RP are Fleet Captain, Rear Admiral, and Vice Admiral. There would be NO reason at all to demote your character. :) You are more than welcome to introduce him/her as a Captain in RP (even if your rank and grade in game were say.. Lieutenant 5). :cool:

Hope this helps!

well that is perfect. with all honesty you guys sound exactly like what I'm looking for. as for being captain, I don't plan on going past that rank in my RP. ( captain's command admirals sit behind a desk. I will pass on the desk ) I will look over your recruitment process, and get everything together that I need. mind if I ask for any tips?

also what about second characters? ( both of mine have a different story, but they tie in to each other, and each has their own RP personality. ) how does that work out?
    edited June 2010
    Alts are welcome Zodi. :)

As for intermingled stories, I see references to each other, but just a mysterious lack of being seen together. :p
    edited June 2010
    Considering I just woke up about a half hour or so ago this whole paper writing thing isn't going well..
    edited June 2010
    Must have been a long night running calls for you. Sounds like you need a hoppin' night of leveling alts to wake you up and get you back on schedule!