test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Season One enough to keep subscribers?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Even if one or two of the staff wanted to say something, I'm sure their hands are tied. There's probably a whole bureaucratic process they'd have to go through to be able to say something because they're representing the entire company publicly. I'm sure they're reading this though.

I've stuck with STO since open beta even going as far as reviving my canceled subscription the day before the billing cycle begun this month, but my patience is wearing thin. I never thought Trek could be this dull.

Maybe some of us are just MMO-burned-out at this point. The market has become over-saturated with different variations of the same basic game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kasidy wrote:
    Even if one or two of the staff wanted to say something, I'm sure their hands are tied. There's probably a whole bureaucratic process they'd have to go through to be able to say something because they're representing the entire company publicly. I'm sure they're reading this though.

I've stuck with STO since open beta even going as far as reviving my canceled subscription the day before the billing cycle begun this month, but my patience is wearing thin. I never thought Trek could be this dull.

Maybe some of us are just MMO-burned-out at this point. The market has become over-saturated with different variations of the same basic game.

Mate i wouid defend star trek with my dying breath but this cryptic product isnt trek man. Its sad that some greedy person decide to try and make a few bucks exploiting somthing wonderful but in the end this isnt trek
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    See, i too think this statement is kinda weird.
    In no way, shape or form am i a powergamer, but i still managed to max out well within 2 months.
    4 weeks i think it took me.
    It is not that we are powergamers, but that you are extremely casual.

No the point is you are a powergamer whether you like to admit it or not. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do you play everyday?

2. Do you play everyday for more than 1 hour?

If you answer yes then you are a powergamer.

Casual players do not have time to play games everyday for hours on end. Powergamers do.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:
    No the point is you are a powergamer whether you like to admit it or not. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do you play everyday?

Casual players do not have time to play games everyday for hours on end. Powergamers do.

Please post your bold assertions on any gaming forum anywhere.

Then brace for impact.

After you lick your wounds, come back here and admit you'll never post your utterly wrong opinions anywhere ever again.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh yeah... at least add quotes " " " to the word "powergamer," which you apparently should never apparently utter again

:mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:

1. Do you play everyday?

LOL!

Interesting definition. Just about every powergamer I know would hurt themselves laughing at your definition. Now, if you had said a minimum of 5 days a week for a minimum for 4 hours a session, you might start to touch powergamer status.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Acherion wrote: »
    LOL!

Interesting definition. Just about every powergamer I know would hurt themselves laughing at your definition. Now, if you had said a minimum of 5 days a week for a minimum for 4 hours a session, you might start to touch powergamer status.

Fact is if you play everyday for hours you are hardly casual. They cannot program content quick enough for you yet you are not a powergamer. The reason there is no real end game content right now is hardly anyone is at that stage yet. Most people are like me and are maybe 50% through the content they released with. If you play 7 days a week for at least 1 hour then you are a powergamer plain and simple.

Some of us have family, jobs, college etc to deal with. We cannot login everyday and are not complaining about how there is no end game content. Powergamers have 3 or 4 guys at cap and whine that there is no end game at release. Facts are that they need middle ground and beginning content at launch. There is always those guys who blast through everything before the free 30 days are up. The devs cannot please powergamers.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:

1. Do you play everyday?

At Launch Cryptic said it would take roughly 48 hours for the AVERAGE gamer to reach endgame, I believe that statement came out of Craigs mouth in one of the many pre-launch interviews I read through.

My personal opinion on it is this though, the content added is an improvement whether its keeping you in the game or not. That being said there was an awful lot implied about things being in the game at launch that we did not see any form of. In addition some of the content that people might find a huge addition like ships or bridges are being put into the C-store. My own personal opinion on the C-store being people are either paying 15 a month or payed $300 give or take to play this I think they shouldn't have to pay extra, and if your going to have it concentrate on adding more "meat" to the game before trying to add more things to the c-store.

I understand that its not as easy as willing content to be, however I think working on CO and STO at the same time, while either prepping to or actually working on a new project is kind of foolish and certainly isn't helping them develop content for their current games. I should wrap it up before I begin to rant about things non-related to this thread though. I am sure Cryptic will continue to improve the game, as it is right now I don't think you can expect much of me for to much longer. I think Cryptic should find other solutions to help improve many players experience because obviously their current approach has turned many people away, and hurt peoples opinions of them for various reasons.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Its really anoying and really boring to read through all that Waffel in this thread coming from 12-20 year old school and college kids who try to replace their even more boring pointless real lifes with pathetic waffel about a computergame.

Now look kids: 15 Bucks a month isnt that much of money ! I regularily spend more than 15 Bucks a month on smoking and my health insurrance.

Secondly: We all agree that this game is not the revolutinary MMO Blockbuster OTHER brainless KIDS talked it up to, pre Release.

What i do think is that this game provides a nice break between one and another poker table,... or maybe a quiet Sunday afternoon when the Kids are out. Seriously,... everyone who button mashes 16 hours without break for weeks has mental Problems,... NO DOUBT.

This is a casual shooter game that has more in common with "R Type" on the "Amstrad CPC Schneider" (Dont even try...... you are just to young ;) ), than with a decent Role playing game. Furthermore it is not even CASUAL,... it is THIN,... with lack of depth. Fun for a while but nothing special.... The Fevelopers know it we know it everyone knows it,.... and here comes the best part:

THIS IS OK WITH ME,... I MEAN ITS NOT AS IF MY LIFE WOULD DEPEND ON THIS STUFF.

Just enjoy whats there and have fun for a month or two,... throwing a bit of money at CRYPTIC doesnt hurt you in the long run,... the Devs can feed their Childs and even send them to college so that they can start pointless debates on Game Forums as they go along and graduate in important stuff like "HISTORY OF ARTS" For example.

Its not that bad.

Meanwhile everyone with a working brain has a pretty clear picture about this whole affair,.... it wont stop Poverty in the world, there will still be wars tomorrow all around the Globe, and the AK 74 will still be the Assault rifle of Choice when you wake up another day.

Just take a deep breath,.... you may even consider taking a break from "Button mashing" and do your homework (thats what gets you to College in the End,.. and we all know where that leads to now dont we ;) ).

Really its pathetic,..... Have a nice day.....

Cherio
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seriously,... everyone who button mashes 16 hours without break for weeks has mental Problems,... NO DOUBT.

Soo if someone doesn't do something the same way as you, they have mental problems? Can't you accept that people are different and some want to play a lot more than others. Doesn't mean they have mental problems as you so eloquently put it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Its really anoying and really boring to read through all that Waffel in this thread coming from 12-20 year old school and college kids who try to replace their even more boring pointless real lifes with pathetic waffel about a computergame.

Now look kids: 15 Bucks a month isnt that much of money ! I regularily spend more than 15 Bucks a month on smoking and my health insurrance.

Secondly: We all agree that this game is not the revolutinary MMO Blockbuster OTHER brainless KIDS talked it up to, pre Release.

What i do think is that this game provides a nice break between one and another poker table,... or maybe a quiet Sunday afternoon when the Kids are out. Seriously,... everyone who button mashes 16 hours without break for weeks has mental Problems,... NO DOUBT.

This is a casual shooter game that has more in common with "R Type" on the "Amstrad CPC Schneider" (Dont even try...... you are just to young ;) ), than with a decent Role playing game. Furthermore it is not even CASUAL,... it is THIN,... with lack of depth. Fun for a while but nothing special.... The Fevelopers know it we know it everyone knows it,.... and here comes the best part:

THIS IS OK WITH ME,... I MEAN ITS NOT AS IF MY LIFE WOULD DEPEND ON THIS STUFF.

Just enjoy whats there and have fun for a month or two,... throwing a bit of money at CRYPTIC doesnt hurt you in the long run,... the Devs can feed their Childs and even send them to college so that they can start pointless debates on Game Forums as they go along and graduate in important stuff like "HISTORY OF ARTS" For example.

Its not that bad.

Meanwhile everyone with a working brain has a pretty clear picture about this whole affair,.... it wont stop Poverty in the world, there will still be wars tomorrow all around the Globe, and the AK 74 will still be the Assault rifle of Choice when you wake up another day.

Just take a deep breath,.... you may even consider taking a break from "Button mashing" and do your homework (thats what gets you to College in the End,.. and we all know where that leads to now dont we ;) ).

Really its pathetic,..... Have a nice day.....

Cherio

I was going to say something, but its honestly not even worth it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah ok you got me on that one i apologize for smashing the soap bubble,.... but with regards to the other comment on my Post: YES I definitly and wholeheartedly believe that someone who button mashes for 16 hours without break for countless weeks has serious mental problems. No one can realy convince me otherwise,... you could say i am heavily "learning resistant" in that matter.

Anyways.... and before you begin critizizing my Spelling or Grammar with more pointless waffle cause you run out of sensible comments know this:

My English is not that superb cause i am German,.... and we speak German over here.... i think with that being said my English is better than most peoples German around here.

Cherio....have fun kids....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah ok you got me on that one i apologize for smashing the soap bubble,.... but with regards to the other comment on my Post: YES I definitly and wholeheartedly believe that someone who button mashes for 16 hours without break for countless weeks has serious mental problems. No one can realy convince me otherwise,... you could say i am heavily "learning resistant" in that matter.

Anyways.... and before you begin critizizing my Spelling or Grammar with more pointless waffle cause you run out of sensible comments know this:

My English is not that superb cause i am German,.... and we speak German over here.... i think with that being said my English is better than most peoples German around here.

Cherio....have fun kids....

What about people who are disabled and having nothing to do all day but smash buttons? While I do not have time to even spend 16 hours in the game all week I do not have a problem with people who want to play all day every day. Sometimes this is all those kind of people have. I personally thank god everyday I am healthy and employed. Not everyone is this lucky.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:
    What about people who are disabled and having nothing to do all day but smash buttons? While I do not have time to even spend 16 hours in the game all week I do not have a problem with people who want to play all day every day. Sometimes this is all those kind of people have. I personally thank god everyday I am healthy and employed. Not everyone is this lucky.

Now look at this,.... YOU SIR (Or Mam) really impressed me with that comment,.... that was something i havent thought about at all.

Indeed a valid point..... Nice one.....

Guess i have a smoke now and think about it for a moment..... Have a nice day

Cherio.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Now look at this,.... YOU SIR (Or Mam) really impressed me with that comment,.... that was something i havent thought about at all.

Indeed a valid point..... Nice one.....

Guess i have a smoke now and think about it for a moment..... Have a nice day

Cherio.

Well hard to read if this is sarcasm or being honest. Hopefully being honest so I thank you for the complement.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I was going to say something, but its honestly not even worth it.

Your ignore list is your friend ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The season one is only the begining and its a good start. People just need to WAIT and STOP COMPLAINING about every little thing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    There is not enough meat on season one's bones.

Any subscribers not continuing due to season one being lite on content?

For now yes, but they better work day and night to get Season 2 full of content.

I want to see Klingon PvE, better PvP, ect ect
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kudach wrote: »
    The season one is only the begining and its a good start. People just need to WAIT and STOP COMPLAINING about every little thing.

We have payed for the right to complain on every little thing...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    We have payed for the right to complain on every little thing...

and that right there is the problem with this country , you pay for a service my friend , its not mandatory , you CHOOSE to do so , it dose not give you the right to be a JackO$$ .
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seliak wrote: »
    and that right there is the problem with this country , you pay for a service my friend , its not mandatory , you CHOOSE to do so , it dose not give you the right to be a JackO$$ .

Good thing I don't live in your country! Praise be to Scotland!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seliak wrote: »

I think the anonimity of the internet is what makes people act out like that. Noone would be rude like that in person because they would either be asked to leave the area or worse.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    WARNING WARNING DANGER WILL ROBINSON WARNING WARNING

I sense fanboism heavy in this thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    WARNING WARNING DANGER WILL ROBINSON WARNING WARNING

I sense fanboism heavy in this thread.

On whose side? Because I lost the Fanboi in me back in early February!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't think its gonna keep many people. I think the people who were gonna quit are still going to. Most of the stuff appears to be fluff stuff, and based on how Cryptic handled the last STF, I'm not sure how many people are looking forward to the next one. A lot of people may quit, but come back for season 2.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    On whose side? Because I lost the Fanboi in me back in early February!

Not you pop the um fanbo....er the other guys.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fanbois make excellent haters and usually switch from one state to the other overnight (the salesgate was hilariously hilarious . . . .. . . . . .)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Delazure wrote: »
    Fanbois make excellent haters and usually switch from one state to the other overnight (the salesgate was hilariously hilarious . . . .. . . . . .)

salesgate was fun.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I keep hearing about this "salegate" thing. What was it? I mean ive heard a few people talk about how it was this huge uproar. I cannot understand how I missed it. I am on the forums usually everyday.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:
    I keep hearing about this "salegate" thing. What was it? I mean ive heard a few people talk about how it was this huge uproar. I cannot understand how I missed it. I am on the forums usually everyday.

Well, couple weeks after launch Atari decided to start selling the game cheaper and with 60 days of free game time...

People got ****ed and cried night after night.

I sat here and laughed at crying kids.

Night after Night
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:

STO was for sale at a very low price with a free 3 months sub during a few days => lotta QQ.