Install Arc
Options

3 Days Until MASS EXODUS

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    awww - do you really feel such agression that you have to slander binary counterparts to make a partial point?

oh well - education has lacked the past decade so i wont blame you for the most part. but still...this is the best you can rebutt with?

wow - sure hope your one of the many set to leave. id rather be lonely in space id say. :)

It's spelled "rebut", Mr. Education. And try some capitals at the start of your sentences. Your English teacher must have been part of the problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Moved to somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Xbwalker wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone's subscriptions are paying out on the 4th of this month. I know for a fact that 30+ of my friends are holding out hope that some sort of content will come out within the next few days but after that, lots of people will drop so as not to pay another month for no content. Here's to hoping Cryptic was hiding all that content under a hat.

Then 30+ of your friends are freakin deluded.

I love it. I go to our current developer login for our application development project, which is a mac desktop application, and has NOTHING to do with gaming in any way. Log into my moderator account and see a list of threads, tweets and screen captures of Atari/Cryptic latest fiasco.

At this point if you are surprised by their actions here, you have nobody to blame but yourselves. We have been warning people about Craptic and this game for 6 months. But don't worry. Keep paying for a dying beta, the ___ patch will fix it right?

lol.
    If you played beta and Bought a LTS you got what you deserved. It was crappy and 50% done then, its crappy and 53% done now. AKA still beta.
    If you played champs online and bought a LTS - you failed to learn the meaning of "value" and got what you deserved.
    If you bought a LTS without paying the game you paid for something with no experience with it...like an idiot... and got what you deserved.

I know this isnt helpful at all, and god willing they will delete my freakin account, hell it's just a catchall for gold spam anyway ( heres my inbox ss for ya: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/harvest151/Craptic/ ) But I just couldn't resist. It's like being surprised that the light turns on when you flip the switch.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Not sure about mass exodus but I've cancelled because at Commander 2 I started screaming when large ground missions came about and the same destroy 5-6 patrols missions time and time again. Some good stuff in there but it has become boring tbh.

I like the game but when I don't look forward to playing it's not worth even paying just £10/month. I'll come back in a few months when things have hopefully been added and there is more diverse content throughout the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    razcalking wrote: »
    It's spelled "rebut", Mr. Education. And try some capitals at the start of your sentences. Your English teacher must have been part of the problem.

LoL. I do love these forums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE&feature=related&fmt=37
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pretty much everyone's subscriptions are paying out on the 4th of this month. I know for a fact that 30+ of my friends are holding out hope that some sort of content will come out within the next few days but after that, lots of people will drop so as not to pay another month for no content. Here's to hoping Cryptic was hiding all that content under a hat.

No one believes you have 30 friends.

Nice try.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    razcalking wrote: »

Very bad grammar used, never start a sentence with the word but or and. I just hope your English teacher isn't reading this or you may get detention for wagging.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I bought the Collectors Edition for the Tin and Pewter, after testing in the OB and being ignored completly on my daily status reports I knew that Cryptics team was releasing the product becuase of contractual obligation not any sense of acutally completing this project.

I mean its EASY to dilude yourself into believing that an MMO is ready for release when the bi-line of the design document reads "...AND WILL BE CONTINUALLY UPDATED THROUGHT THE LIFE OF THIS PRODUCT..."

I digress. I knew what I was getting into and that Tin box I bought looks really good on my shelf, I can see the future now.......
    "Yep that game I had HIGH hopes for..." I sigh before taking another sip of coffee.

Ill be back from time to time, you all who are staying, keep up the guard, keep posting your thoughts about the game changes and most of all, keep Cryptic as HONEST as possible because no one knows for sure what the future may hold.

Capt. Riley
    Commanding Officer
    USS Jenny NCC 8675309 (Under construction)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can't wait for the 5th. It will quite down here. I'm burning out on the "I quit" posts.

I'm sticking around. This game will get better. I'm pretty confident of that.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Azreell wrote: »
    Please tell me you are not that naive.....

First off the market place for mmo's has changed. Do you actually know how many very promising mmo's have been released in the same state as STO and fell flat on their face due to that exact fact?

Hence why I said he must have never played any other MMO. STO could very well fall flat.
    Love it or Hate it - Wow changed the MMO market place for everyone. People's expectations are far different from the days of Merridian 59/ EQ1 / UO etc etc. Simply put people are no longer willing to wait and pay 6 months worth of subs for a game to be what it should have been at release. The ironic part is people such as yourself who do not understand that. That was not a personal bash , so please don't take it that way.

I'm very surprised after god knows how many potentially good mmo's failed prior to STO that developers haven't caught onto this simple fact.

You're right. They had a ridiculous amount of money to throw at that game to get content out fast and the game had a horrid launch from a player standpoint with queues lasting hours at a time on good days early on. That's when things were functioning.

WoW has become so big and Blizzard has done such a good job of upkeep and PR that few people seem to actually remember how WoW was at launch. It really didn't have much more content than many MMOs have now. They pumped it out fast and had so many hardware problems early on that the first month or two practically flew by :p WoW wasn't what it should have been at release and neither are most MMOs if you don't believe me go actually play an MMO other than WoW or STO. Try Age of Conan! That's a great example or even EVE which barely had 100k subs for a while then has slowly grown bigger and bigger.

You might think that consumers have or should have "learned" or that developers should have "learned" this or that. You know what lesson Developers learned? The 3D Realms lesson. They learned that. They learned that spending 3, 5, 10 years developing stuff and going back and improving or adding to with each new wave of tech and each new fad is a waste of money.

You can't release a game in this day and age and expect the consumer to be happy with a half finished or alpha product. The attention spam of the online gamer is no longer in the mindset of waiting. The industry changed and STO is a prime example of what not to do at a release.

You also can't expect that the 10% of the game's community that actually visit the game's forums are in any way representative of the game's community at large. Most of the people that play STO probably never come here.
    I honestly HOPE that STO makes it because quite frankly I want to play this game and there really isn't much else on the market that interest me because I'm tired of the fantasy genre. But, at the same time while this game has a lot of good point's it's simply not enjoyable to me at it's current development stage.

What's not enjoyable? Why don't you doom and gloom folks spend less time posting "The sky is falling" threads and more time posting in threads about how to improve the game or how to make it more appealing to you.

Every time someone says "the game's no fun anymore" or "the game has no content" or some such I want to know why? What makes you say that?

Very rarely do I get an answer. Most of the times I DO get an answer it's usually dribble or a "just cause it does" or otherwise a very person centric answer.

We're paying them to provide us these tools and access. We aren't paying them to think for us or play the game for us. WE make the game fun with what we do and how we do it in the game.

I think it's so stupid when someone says they have like 5+ days played on this game then say that the game has no content or it sucks...that's like eating 8 pounds of cheese curls then complaining that cheese curls don't appeal to you anymore or that there weren't enough cheese curls.

Stop gorging yourselves and go breath some fresh air, maybe meet someone not related to you by blood, go out and enjoy your extremely short real life :p Then come back and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh lordy me the storming is a coming the THE STORM IS A COMING please stay op please OMG what to do what to do ever thing is going black please OP convince your friends to stay please , I am so scared its the mass exodus !
  • Options
    edited March 2010

They don't have to wait. They can leave right now. We really won't miss them.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As long as they remove posting privlages for canceled accounts I will be happy.

There are as many instances of DS9 and Sol station as there ever was and it appears to be even growing. Defend sector missions have reams of instances full of people. The main forum has become a garbage bin for malcontents and I really hope Cryptic shuts it down or in the very least requires an active account to post. Half of the malcontents are active subscribers and the other half just like to flame the people who like this game because it didnt turn out to be the second comming of jesus christ. I for one would like a healthy place to post and read about topics related to STO so if Cryptic would take out the trash at the end of the free month subs I would greatly appreciate it
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Laramie wrote: »
    From the way I see it, you either have a lot of free time or your still living with mom and dad, or could be both.

Or we could be world famous game designers, work from home, and have more free time than you. Certainly more imagination about the possible circumstances in which one can make a living :).
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As long as they remove posting privlages for canceled accounts I will be happy.

Oh please yes. All my prayers for this simple simple thing unto thee oh Great Tribble in the Sky
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Weird. I don't get how people think the new players arriving (asuming the game continues to gain fresh blood) are going to be forgiving of this game and its deficiences in any different proportion than the first wave were.

With a side order of lifers who can be disgrutled and with posting privileges pretty much until the virtual stars go out.

There is a long list of complaints. The complaining about each point will not stop until that point is addressed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    NikeOnline wrote: »
    Weird. I don't get how people think the new players arriving (asuming the game continues to gain fresh blood) are going to be forgiving of this game and its deficiences in any different proportion than the first wave were.

With a side order of lifers who can be disgrutled and with posting privileges pretty much until the virtual stars go out.

There is a long list of complaints. The complaining about each point will not stop until that point is addressed.

No problem, give it a few years.

No biggie either.

Because all of the competition out there, the other MMo developers took a oath to no longer develop until STO gets to where it needs to be competitive. Just to be fair.

So STO has many years to get its ducks in a row, all will be well in due time.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Provided Cryptic can keep the masses more or less happy, STo should last a while - however its future is pretty much a mine field and most likely there are going to be a lot of bumps along the way, I have no doubts people will quit but people will also join so if the devs can weather the coming storm and make the game bigger and better without annoying most of the population then, it'll be a brighter future for the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    sorry, i got the wrong thread....

i thought this was about that Bioware game but that's 'Mass Effect'
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Boohoo, you and your 30+ "friends" will be missed, no seriously we will miss you all guys and gals, if only it would mean 30 less trolls on the forums and in the game
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Since the mass exodus is over. It's time for MASS TEQUILA!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Since the mass exodus is over. It's time for MASS TEQUILA!
    No....its time for Tequila Bot!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5K6NGT0Esc