test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 Days Until MASS EXODUS

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thradar wrote: »
    I typically ignore people who burn through the content of an entire mmo in 2-3 weeks then come on the forums to complain.

NOTHING makes those people happy...EVER. Why even try? :confused:

I took a vacation for 2 weeks when STO released (and for head-start), which is why I went through the content quickly. I reached RA5 at about 3 weeks. I reached RA at two weeks, and when I saw the end near, I slowed down to do other things in-game like PvP.

But in all honesty, if I played normally (30 hours a week or so), I'd still level cap and go through all of the content in about 3 weeks on one character only. And this is combined with learning the game, configuring it the way I want, discussing it on the forums and writing articles on my fleet forum, etc.

So your argument is that we play too frequently? Is an MMO supposed to be limited to 2 hours a day? Hahaha, I think you're talking about the wrong type of game. ;)
    edited March 2010
    Hanzo wrote: »
    Myself and the people I play with will still be here.....

But really if $15 is going to break you I think canceling is the best idea.

I just spend $200 on a keyboard... but $15 for a month of STO seems like highway robbery.
    edited March 2010
    Personally I welcome the extra lag free time lol
    edited March 2010
    Xbwalker wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone's subscriptions are paying out on the 4th of this month. I know for a fact that 30+ of my friends are holding out hope that some sort of content will come out within the next few days but after that, lots of people will drop so as not to pay another month for no content. Here's to hoping Cryptic was hiding all that content under a hat.

I have 30+ friends that are staying, some who are leaving but coming back, and a dozen or so lifers...
    edited March 2010
    Patch....no patch...I am staying.

The level of rabid instant gratification that romps through the forums kills me, I am sure the devs are listening and trying to upgrade stuff, but it doesn't invent itself overnight. :)
    edited March 2010
    Darius01 wrote: »
    I have 30+ friends that are staying, some who are leaving but coming back, and a dozen or so lifers...

Yes most of the people I know that are leaving are not doing so because they hate STO. They are doing so because there is no reason to play at the moment. Thus no reason to subscribe. We are all hoping for improvement over the next few months and we will let the lifers keep track if it and come back in when there is something to do.
    edited March 2010
    Yes! Just another couple of days until the trolls can't post on the forums anymore!

We're looking forward to missing you.
    edited March 2010
    zirius89 wrote: »
    ... cause all over 1 million players are gone.

where the heck do you get the impression that there are 1 million playing?

I don't think "all" is what has been said....Quite a few will leave though.
    edited March 2010
    So yes the new patch was supposed to launch last week but a dev admitted it was his fault and to blame him for the release this week.

The patch notes are not as full as everyone expects, so there will be another group that says, "wait....what?....Cryptic did not send me a Mercedes after they promised it" thread.

Here is an example of the lunacy:

A forum member (who just had his thread closed), stated that Atari was lying (for false advertising) and the Infected was out now, when you read the Atari information, it says

"If you're looking for a challenge, look no further than our upcoming “Special Task Force” Missions - Raid Episodes, which combine bold storytelling with our toughest five-man missions yet. These are just a few of the Raid Episodes we'll be rolling out over the coming weeks, beginning a week after launch. Raid Episodes are available to both Federation and Klingon players."

Just to think, we are playing right alongside of these people. Do not loan anyone anything in-game, They will think you GAVE it to them.

Seriously.
    edited March 2010
    Yes most of the people I know that are leaving are not doing so because they hate STO. They are doing so because there is no reason to play at the moment. Thus no reason to subscribe. We are all hoping for improvement over the next few months and we will let the lifers keep track if it and come back in when there is something to do.

I agree with most of what you said...

I'm not entirely certain that I will be back, at least for more than a year...I gave it a shot, and there are too many other things to do in life than to spend time keeping track of a game that lasted less than a month.
    edited March 2010
    syberghost wrote: »
    Yes! Just another couple of days until the trolls can't post on the forums anymore!

That statement kind of makes me doubt ALL the trolls will be gone.
    edited March 2010
    kapok wrote:
    where the heck do you get the impression that there are 1 million playing?

I don't think "all" is what has been said....Quite a few will leave though.

Like many of the ones who cry foul in the forums...they don't know what the heck is going on.

There are over a million forum handles....not game players.
    edited March 2010
    I've still got plenty to do at Lt CM 3... been playing since head start. Kinda glad I've got too many games to divide my time with... it's keeping this one fresher longer... it's like having a Glad Freshness bag for my game content!
    edited March 2010
    I had two free months with my D2D CE. I am going nowhere :p
    edited March 2010
    Itzat wrote:
    I've still got plenty to do at Lt CM 3... been playing since head start. Kinda glad I've got too many games to divide my time with... it's keeping this one fresher longer... it's like having a Glad Freshness bag for my game content!

I just don't know what to say, at the start of SWG (hate to hold that up at any point as a good example) there was so much to do I didn't start on the combat grinding until after the first month.
    edited March 2010
    syberghost wrote: »

You haven't been paying attention to the dissatisfied lifers and are assuming noone will be dissatisfied in the future.

Angry and dissatisfied customers will be here for a while. Recent actions are helping to assure that.

You won't have to miss anyone. Don't you worry.
    edited March 2010
    Curs0r wrote: »
    I just don't know what to say, at the start of SWG (hate to hold that up at any point as a good example) there was so much to do I didn't start on the combat grinding until after the first month.

Wish i played that SWG game. I was playing the other one released by SOE and LA.
    edited March 2010
    Curs0r wrote: »
    There was a lot more to do in SWG besides combat.... at least in the beginning. I'm of the opinion that the combat was the poorest part of that game. But for STO it's different for me... I enjoy the space combat. I would love more variety sure. But the little bit of variety I get is enough to keep me enjoying the game. I'm sure eventually if things don't change I'll be bored to tears but at the moment I don't feel the grind.
    edited March 2010
    Itzat wrote:
    There was a lot more to do in SWG besides combat.... at least in the beginning. I'm of the opinion that the combat was the poorest part of that game. But for STO it's different for me... I enjoy the space combat. I would love more variety sure. But the little bit of variety I get is enough to keep me enjoying the game. I'm sure eventually if things don't change I'll be bored to tears but at the moment I don't feel the grind.

Yeah there was alot to do, best crafting/mining system i have ever seen in a game. Still miss hanging out in the canteena.

It is getting more quiet in game, less trafic, less que for pvp.
    Usually if I make the decision to quit Ill stop playing, seems pointless to keep going in a game I am about to stop playing I expect theres that feeling here too.
    edited March 2010
    I have a 12 month sub and am very happy about it. I'm enjoying the game and having fun each night after work. At Captain Level 5, I'm only now running into a lack of content; I've had plenty to do until now. I was on CO from Beta on, and THAT was a limited content game! Although I still have my CO account, I haven't played in awhile, but I understand the content is still not there.

This weekend, I'll be playing CoH (double XP weekend!). After that, I'll be back on the bridge of my starship(s).

Live Long and yadda yadda yadda.:)
    edited March 2010
    Gregg247 wrote: »
    I have a 12 month sub and am very happy about it. I'm enjoying the game and having fun each night after work. At Captain Level 5, I'm only now running into a lack of content; I've had plenty to do until now. I was on CO from Beta on, and THAT was a limited content game! Although I still have my CO account, I haven't played in awhile, but I understand the content is still not there.

This weekend, I'll be playing CoH (double XP weekend!). After that, I'll be back on the bridge of my starship(s).

Live Long and yadda yadda yadda.:)

you want to know what my opinion is? no?

the feeling is mutual....
    edited March 2010
    ... I know for a fact that 30+ of my friends are holding out hope that some sort of content will come out within the next few days but after that, lots of people will drop so as not to pay another month for no content. Here's to hoping Cryptic was hiding all that content under a hat.

This sounds like a re-hash of an "I quit EVE" post. "I'm quitting EVE, and I'm taking all my 67 alts with me; my 769 friends are leaving too and they are all taking THEIR alts too ... all 700 million of them!!"

Cry elsewhere. This forum is all out of Kleenex.
    edited March 2010
    I've already put in my cancellation but mine won't run out until the 10th. I guess it is dependent on when you entered your key. I waited for a long time to enter mine.
    edited March 2010
    woops wrong thread
    edited March 2010
    mine says 15th o.0
    edited March 2010
    Hanzo wrote: »
    Myself and the people I play with will still be here.....

But really if $15 is going to break you I think canceling is the best idea.

Hah! Way to play the "cheap" card for no reason! Let me try...

If you think your $15 dollars a month is better spent on a virtual world than helping kids with cancer, then subscribing is probably the best idea for you.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I don't see the point of cancelling a lifetime. I'm sure this game will eventually live up to its expectations but that may not be a while. Why cancel something that you may regret later?

To cut off their nose to spite their face is the only explanation I can think of.
    edited March 2010
    beowulfx wrote: »
    Well, I can't wait for the increased bandwidth and less chat traffic.

why, it wont make your computer any better
    edited March 2010
    Welcome to tonights spelling bee. First word is: Fraud

C R Y P T I C

Fraud...
    edited March 2010
    Davis wrote: »
    Welcome to tonights spelling bee. First word is: Fraud

C R Y P T I C

Fraud...

Some of what I'm hearing they've done, goes well beyond that.