What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble FAQ - Tribble Breeding for Fun and, well, Loss

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    With all the testing we've done, there have been no reliable reports of random breeding going on.

If I put tribble x with food y, I get tribble z.

I've done ALOT of testing (well over a million creds worth...but really...ra5 and what else is there to spend it on? :P) and have not gotten a result out of line with what's been reported by others or observed by myself...with the exception of new discoveries...which all are then observed to be repeatable.

If you're getting results out of the norm, report 'em here and folks will look at it, I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I've updated my spreadsheet to reflect the latest reports, as well as to match the never 8 tier system, separating 1a/b and 3a/b.

Also I took the time to go through and highlight the likely errors that I have not yes had a chance to personally verify. If anyone feels like checking these feel free to have at it, I will update accordingly. I haven't updated my flow chart yet, but I will take a look at doing so later, however IfniLuck's also works well.

Anyways, here's my latest spreadsheet data;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png

If anyone knows a way to enable dragging/dropping of rows/columns in Open Office, I'd love to find out how. There's all sorts of possible patterns I see, but having to cut, crate, paste, delete for each move making it hard to fiddle with frequently.

Keep up the good work. :)

And Dev's, if you do happen to still be reading this, if one of you could just take a peek and pop in with either a yes, Tribbles/food/drink are all in game and breeding properly, or no there is an issues we need to fix, that would be most helpful. :) Not asking for hints or anything, just to know that we aren't being roadblocked by a bug that will later invalidate our results. Thx :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Uploaded an updated copy of my flowchart. SImplified the color scheme, added a color key, and started adding the foods.

New URL: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8zhS3xovyl6OGM2NmQ5OGQtMDY4YS00MmYxLWFlMTQtYmEyMDJjYjJiMjc0&hl=en
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yargnit wrote: »
    If anyone knows a way to enable dragging/dropping of rows/columns in Open Office, I'd love to find out how. There's all sorts of possible patterns I see, but having to cut, crate, paste, delete for each move making it hard to fiddle with frequently.

Haven't tried, but I think you can create additional columns containing your sorting criteria and then use Data->Sort to rearrange the sheet.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Looking really good IfniLuck. Perhaps increase the text size a bit though.?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Looking really good IfniLuck. Perhaps increase the text size a bit though.?

Hard to increase the size and fit everything on one page. After I get all the info in, I will go back and scale things up as much as I can.

Next version will be properly trekified. Switching colors to science turquoise for regen, command red for damage, operations gold for resists, and cadet grey for heals. Text will be white so it comes out better on a black and white printer. Also will add pips for the ranks. But that's tomorrow. Bedtime for now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds good. :) Yeah I didn't mean huge, just so it's a bit easier to read is all.

You good with the new 8 tier scheme I did on my spreadsheet then?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think you ought to drop the common/rare/legendary etc etc labels and just go with tier 1, 2, 3 etc.

The common/rare/legendary etc labels are misleading. If we ever do get colored tribbles in the green/blue/purple in-game names type...then it'd be appropriate.

As it is, they're all properly "common". If you have the proper tribble/food combo, getting one is as common as getting another.

I still have people asking me where the "blue" tribbles are.

But that's just me :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Going to go ahead and finish off HIG completely just to be sure that all 4 of the next tier dont for some reason come from the same side of the bracket. Have both HIG and VEL w/Quadro atm.

As far as common etc, it was more to refer to the likelyhood of randomly getting each tribble without specifically trying, but if the majority feel against it I can take it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you right click on any tribble and click info you'll get a stat page listing not only the effects but even the species name of that tribble.

I mentioned the possibility of random chances a bit ago, and the fact that if there is random chance it would take alot more work to nail down everything concretely.

It's one of the reasons I am going through the low level 56% and 64% food on all the basic heal breeds I have to see if they differ to already reported breeds. Anything with a difference is worthy of several attempts to see if the pattern varies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ikenstein wrote:
    Did you try beedin pairs of tribble? Does it make a difference?

Not tried as of yet, well planned of course. Before the planned test run I probably had more than 1 tribble breed and could explain some inconsistences but once I have the solo tribble breeding lists done I'll try the dual tribble breeding and see if it amounts to a different set of breeds, even if they still breed one each it may amount to different ones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    More depressing results;

HIG + Quadro = STL
    VEL + Quadro = STL

Going to run them both with Heart of Targ now. That will finish off HIG, and leave VEL with just Tranya and Tula Wine remaining. (Neither of which I have stock of to test atm)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay, post patch tick seems to be somewhere around the 25 minute past the hour mark. Just ticked after being logged in for .. * quick chec * .. 30 minutes or so.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Results time again...

VEL + Heart of Targ = DOT (Yawn)

But the real shocker here...
    HIG + Heart of Targ = Polygeminus Grex Zinc

Yes, you got that right, another new breed coming off of Highison. How's that for a curveball? Not only that, but it fits my alphabetical pattern from my breeding chart that everyone was trying to steer me away from to line up the buffs by type.

Odder still, this is the Tribble we've been expecting to see from Griffis, high resistance buff and dark blue with light blue spots.

I think I'm really close to the final mystery Tribble as well, either I'll hit it soon, or it is the ultimate end Tribble.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Results time again...

VEL + Heart of Targ = DOT (Yawn)

But the real shocker here...
    HIG + Heart of Targ = Polygeminus Grex Zinc

Yes, you got that right, another new breed coming off of Highison. How's that for a curveball? Not only that, but it fits my alphabetical pattern from my breeding chart that everyone was trying to steer me away from to line up the buffs by type.

Odder still, this is the Tribble we've been expecting to see from Griffis, high resistance buff and dark blue with light blue spots.

I think I'm really close to the final mystery Tribble as well, either I'll hit it soon, or it is the ultimate end Tribble.

Wow, nice find, so it is ZIN?

Congratulations, father! :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rofl, sorry Yarg, got kicked from game while zoning from ground to space. Saw your messages but couldn't reply :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Depending on how close we are to finding the ultimate tribble .. what name following Zinc could it be .. Zulu ? Perhaps the final tribble ever rofl .. Zornoga seems to jump to mind as a possible name too, but can't think where I got that one from rofl.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, looks like Zinc was named after this guy :D

Craig Zinkievich - Executive Producer
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well the more I think about it, the more I change my mind on where it will end up. I still feel VEL + Tranya will be the ticket, but as I look at my chart I'm leaning toward it being before NIE alphabetacally rather than after. So TRIBBLE and NIE will ocme form VEL, while YU and ZIN com from HIG. Leaving GRI and DAX as dead ends.

BTW I forgot to post this before, but the Orange, or Type 8 tribbles are 2.5x value buffers, not 3x, after using ZIn to check.

Couple minutes now... come on babby...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And prediction for the fail... F@#$ me... damnit!

Vel + Tranya = Dotson

Well there goes my bright ideas... As soon as i think I'm onto something...

And on another error correction note, TUF + Haggis = SPA (Not vit)

Ok, so I have an ever crazier theory this time that I'm going to test next round. Not sharing it yet because i want a chance at the disco, but I'll let you know either way in 45 minutes unless I find research to the contrary before then.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Something not yet on the chart, but is in order with assumptions:
    STC + Klingon Gladst = RIC
    (same as with HOW, and they are from the same group - so same group and same food/drink will give same result)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    are you guys adding your discoveries to the wiki page? http://www.sto-intel.org/wiki/Tribble
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    are you guys adding your discoveries to the wiki page? http://www.sto-intel.org/wiki/Tribble

I'm not, no. I've been reporting them all here, and adding them to my chart along with everyone elses reports here. Wiki has seemed to error prone for me, I have much more faith in the charts that other people I've working with on breeding make than I do with one anybody can throw data into.

So nervous... big time $ riding on my next test wave... 4 minutes to go...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »

Every so often, I hate how the editing works there so I'd rather do it en masse than every birth :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    / em waits with bated breath
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Breeding Results
    TUF + [Croissant] = SPA
    TUF + [Klingon Grapok Sauce] = MCC
    NIX + [Klingon Grapok Sauce] = HOW
    MCC + [Klingon Octopus] = STC
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Epic crash and burn failure on both my conservative test, and outrageous theory...

First the conservative;

VEL + Tula Wine = STL

That means we've now completely exhausted all 72% food combinations with VEL/HIG/GRI/DAX

And the real bummer... I was attempting to combine NIE + YU +ZEN + 3 Quadro to hit the ultimate tribble. Result, 1 quadro used up (so 2 left), and a single pathetic STL to show for it.

Why this particular test? Well NIE + YU + ZEN is fairly obvious, the 3 highest tirbbles known, and 1 each of damage, regen, and resist. As for the 3 Quadro, well for one, Quadro is the only 72% food/drink that has not resulted in a rare tribble of any kind. And for two, Quadro was the origional food the tribbles were snacking in in TOS 'The Trouble with Tribbles' episode, so it seemed fitting. Also we only have 1 unknown Tribble remaining that's been pictured, and ZIN was named after STO's executive producer, meaning we're basically there at the top, and the name of one of Cryptic's head honcho's would be fitting for the ultimate Tribble so to speak.

But no, no dice. and now I am fresh out of ideas as to where our lone remaining Tribble may be from. (Not to mention most of the 72% food/drink)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dean+plmeek=spar
    dean+gree=stah
    high+tulaberry (not wine)=dots
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That means we've now completely exhausted all 72% food combinations with VEL/HIG/GRI/DAX

I am missing vela with egg, mollusk and ale. They on a chart somewhere I missed?

Anyway, I was thinking, maybe the last tribble is not from the VEL/HIG/GRI/DAX level. Perhaps it spawns from Nie/Yu/Zinc level. If you are correct and the VEL/HIG/GRI/DAX is 2.5x then the next level would logically be 3x? Might point to a top level tribble.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wolfiesden wrote:
    I am missing vela with egg, mollusk and ale. They on a chart somewhere I missed?

Anyway, I was thinking, maybe the last tribble is not from the VEL/HIG/GRI/DAX level. Perhaps it spawns from Nie/Yu/Zinc level. If you are correct and the VEL/HIG/GRI/DAX is 2.5x then the next level would logically be 3x? Might point to a top level tribble.

Well Vela + Mol & Ale are on every chart, as for Egg, I'll have to go back and look to see where I got that from, as I am the only one who seems to have it. And yes, I was figuring it would spawn from NIE/YU/ZIN level, I just thought it would come form combing all 3, but who knows. Gimmie a bit to try and find Vel + Egg, and if i can't I'll run it with my next cycle in 22 minutes.

Ok, I went back through the entire thread to before VEL was discovered and I can't find a reference to VEL + egg anywhere. (I did confirm I personally ran VEL +Ale/Mol though) Since it's not on any of the charts I gathered my data from, nor i it listed here, I'm going to assume it was either a bad block that came from rearranging my chart sometime, or I took it of STO-Intel wiki and it's since been deleted. Either was, I have a spare egg I believe, so I'll double check it in 10 minutes here.

That's why I like us all keeping our own chart, works great for error correction. :)