• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    More Sad Panda news.

Zinc + Tranya = Dotson
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Half way done with cleaning up the flowchart. Going to take some time to actually play the game, but there are some errors I wanted to correct, so uploading it even though its in a half and half state. In case it isnt obvious, the bottom half is the way it will all eventually look.

Unfortunately, stupid google won't let me replace a doc and keep the URL, and stupid bitly won't let me change a link once its defined. So going back to just providing the full google URL of the latest version until i find a better solution:

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8zhS3xovyl6NDA2YTQwZmEtMWM0Yi00MGRkLWI2OWQtNDc2OWMzNjE1NjEy&hl=en
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zinc + [Jumbo Romulan Mollusk] = Stahl :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rive + Cardassian Taspar Egg = Sparkes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's a bit too coincidental that the same tribble that was improperly handled regarding names is also the same tribble that's not breeding according to the pattern of the entirely sensible flowchart.

One supposes that we'll soon see, in a patch note, the following tidbit:

Fixed a tribble that wasn't breeding properly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nielson + Klingon Heart of Targ = Dotson

To recap..

Nielson:
    Jumbo Romulan Mollusk: Stahl
    Romulan Ale: Sparkes
    Romulan Osol Twist: Sparkes
    Tranya: Dotson
    Klingon Heat of Targ: Dotson
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nielson + Cardassian Taspar Egg = Sparkes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Finally got a Zinc so working on filling in the 64%'s

Zinc + Ratamba Stew = Sparkes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zinc + Jimbalian Fudge = Stahl
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l476/Mr_Domino0990/Untitled-8.png

These Tribbles are becoming somewhat troublesome...

Cryptic really ought to give out some kind of title for successful tribble breeders/merchants.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rofl, thats why I only keep 1 of each on each character ... enough breeding stock and les space used :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Finished reformatting the flowchart. Just need to find the "ultimate tribble" and get all the data points for rivera's offspring and it will be complete.

Yet another new URL: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8zhS3xovyl6NDEzOWUxMzQtMmQ2NS00MDcwLWIxZjMtZmY4ZTg2ODYxYjdl&hl=en
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zinc + Ferengi Jellied Gree-Worm = Stahl
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, on the possible plus side regarding the newly discovered breeds making the lowest ones, at least we now know where the low end tribbles come from and why they are common enough to drop in missions.

The circle of tribble life continues.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I noticed IfniLuck and Yargnit had confilicting results for Zinc with Quadrotriticale so did a check and got stahl matching Yargnit's.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I couldn't get to here last night as I was on my laptop but... for the record

Zinc + Osol Twist = Sparkes
    Zinc + Saurian Brandy = Stahl

Highison +Kali-Fal = Stahl

The zinc + osol twist took several hours to breed. Maybe server outages or whatever. Anyway I went to K7 in the end. Where better to breed tribbles I thought perhaps naievely. Cryptic really should have put other variables in like location and antecedents as being important, then this would have been a real challenge, not something to be almost solved (except bugs) within a couple of weeks.

Perhaps there should be a tribble patch will make the whole thing rather complex, adding other variables and rendering all previous tribbles sterile due to some klingon genetic experiment to eradicate them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay, here's todays update:

13th Feb

Tuffli
    + Andorian Tuber Root ( 56% ) = Sparkes
    + Croissant ( 56% ) = Sparkes

Stacy
    + Bajoran Deka Tea ( 56% ) = Dotson
    + Vorta Rippleberry ( 64% ) = Dotson

Dotson
    + Bajoran Hasperat ( 56% ) = Vitales
    + Bajoran Mapa Bread ( 56% ) = Vitales
    + Field Rations ( 56% ) = Vitales
    + Klingon Raktajino ( 56% ) = Thompson
    + Klingon Racht ( 56% ) = Thompson
    + Synthale ( 56% ) = Thompson
    + Chateau Picard ( 64% ) = Vitales
    + Slug-O-Cola ( 64% ) = Thompson
    + Cardassian Yamok Sauce ( 64% ) = Thompson
    + Thalian Chocolate Mousse ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Bajoran Mobo Fruit ( 64% ) = Thompson
    + Cardassian Zobu Stew ( 64% ) = Vitales
    + Vulcan Plumeek Soup ( 64% ) = Vitales
    + Ferengi Jellied Glee-worm ( 64% ) = Susilo

Stahl
    + Bajoran Jumja Stick ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Banana Split ( 64%) = Susilo
    + Trixian Bubble Juice ( 64% ) = Thompson
    + Ferengi Tube Grubs ( 64% ) = Thompson
    + Jimbalyan Fudge ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Romulan Ale ( 72% ) = Susilo

Seeing as the post is getting bigger by the day, rofl, time to condense it somewhat .. here's a link to the last complete list.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=2064841&postcount=475
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, spreadsheet updated again;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png

Nice flowchart Infi. :)

Keep up the good work everyone. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oleum wrote: »
    So do you think the ultimate tribble will be the Roper? and maybe to get it you need all 4 (one yet to be discovered) of the tier 7 tribbles either equipped or in your inventory.

II've been studying the flowcharts, and It looks "Complete" .... the Ultimate tribble would be the unreproducable "Rivera". From what I can see, it would be an offspring of Velasquez after being fed Quadrotricale, the grain from "The Trouble with Tribbles

Break down the name, Quadro.tri.cale (4.3.cale), and doesn't this look like the food side of the flowchart?

Just some thoughts . . .
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    II've been studying the flowcharts, and It looks "Complete" .... the Ultimate tribble would be the unreproducable "Rivera". From what I can see, it would be an offspring of Velasquez after being fed Quadrotricale, the grain from "The Trouble with Tribbles

Break down the name, Quadro.tri.cale (4.3.cale), and doesn't this look like the food side of the flowchart?

Just some thoughts . . .

I'm sorry, you'll have to explain that a bit more clearly, i don't get it.

We know the chart isn't complete also cause we have 1 picture of a Tribble we haven't been able to breed. This guy; http://sto-intel.org/images/b/b9/Tribble_Unknown5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    are you guys adding your discoveries to the wiki page? http://www.sto-intel.org/wiki/Tribble

Oh, one thing I have been doing but I don't know whether anyone else is when they adjust it, is to add my offspring to the list and not replace the one there. Who knows if it's possible that 2 different tribbles can be born from the same tribble/food combo. Perhaps blind chance takes a hand and picks one of the two. It's one of the reasons I have been working through the low/mid level tribbles with low/mid level foods again to see if the same tribbles surface. I have myself seen a pattern at 56% food appearing but then disappearing again with 64% food which gives the impression of some sort of ratio randomness at work, and thus, explaining the different offspring that have been reported in the past.

Now that I am getting close to a 56/64 complete run with 2 different level tribbles I should start seeing a pattern emerging which may or may not require some more tests later on to see if they waver when repeated several times. Will breeding the same tribble and food 10 times produce the same tribble each time ? Or would random chance kick in and produce a different one.

Just a theory of mine which I will work on while I build my own lists up. So far 56% food/drink has a definite pattern of food = tribble X, drink = tribble Y. Introduce 64% food/drink another tribble breed or two is introduced so possible the start of a ration randomness with the major %age on the 56% resulted tribble breed ? Only further tests will show us.

And of course there is the theory that if you have 2 tribbles in your inventory and only 1 tribble is born ... is it due to the 2 tribbles being there or is it from the one tribble. Test to confirm would be to find 2 tribbles that have not shown to produce the same offspring at all, then put them together and see what happens. If a 3rd offspring appears that does not appear on any of their existing solo birth lists then perhaps this is another thing to consider.

edit:Although, looking at the stowiki site's tribble page myself I see that what I have done there has already been altered. Methinks I will stick to my own documentation and posting here after all. Just because I post a different tribble, doesn't mean the one already there was wrong and should be replaced. Which is why I didn't replace an existing tribble breed but added to it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I really feel that the same food/drink + Tribble will always come out to the same results. IMO the few inconsistencies we have seen are much easier to attribute to mis-reports than a built in randomness factor to breeding. This is supported by the fact that most of the reports in question are of impossible breeding results, (Type 1 breeding a type 4 for example) and the fact that whenever I have gone back to verify such suspected inconsistencies the results have always been in line with what should have been bred based off known breeding patterns.

So with the server being down, I created a #STOtribble channel on irc.coldfront.net (the same host that runs the general #STO channel) if anyone is interested. We can use it as a replacement for in game /tribble when the server is down or in conjunction with it for when people are unable to log in for whatever reason but still have ideas to share.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yargnit wrote: »
    Ok, spreadsheet updated again;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png

Nice flowchart Infi. :)

Keep up the good work everyone. :D

Missing a couple things:

Zinc + Cardassian Taspar Egg = Sparkes
    Nielson + Romulan Osol Twist = Sparkes

That rounds out all the Tier 8 tribbles except for Nielson + Tulaberry Wine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thx, got em added now.

Yeah not looking hot atm for coming across a new high end tribble unless our bug theory turns out to be true.

So next we'll probably aim for rounding out t6 and t5 with the 72%'s to make sure we haven't been missing one at lower level thats throwing us off? (Last real thing I can think of ATM besides being bugged)

Going to run NIE + Tul Wine now just to finish it off
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the server has been down this am so I was checking out the forums and I found this thread. At first I thought it was a joke something about locking tribbles in a bank with some food? I still have no idea what bank they speak of but I have only been playing for like three days or so. But I got my game at Best buy an supposedly I get a free tribble or targ. So breeding or pimping tribbles interesting.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Masterkush wrote: »
    the server has been down this am so I was checking out the forums and I found this thread. At first I thought it was a joke something about locking tribbles in a bank with some food? I still have no idea what bank they speak of but I have only been playing for like three days or so. But I got my game at Best buy an supposedly I get a free tribble or targ. So breeding or pimping tribbles interesting.

Psst, get him, he has a super tribble :D

Seriously though. You have 3 containers that can be safe to use for breeding, hmm maybe 4 but haven't tried that. The 5th I have found to be useless so here goes.

1. Federation / Klingon Bank
    2. Your Equipment Belt - will only breed when you are on the ground
    3. Your Inventory
    4. Your ship's Equipment Slots ? - Not tried those yet and most likely only in space if at all
    5. Your Bridge Officer Equipment Slots ? - My Bridge Officers always eat the food before the tribble gets a look in rofl.

Put 1 tribble and at least 1 item of food in the selected ( if you want to help with breeding lists then document which tribble and which food was eaten and which tribble was born ).
    Otherwise you can just go mad and throw 1 of each tribble you have in there with several different types of food and see what happens rofl.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Trying Cav + Quad to see if the result lies in the heart of the chart, as it were ;-p

Feh! Cav + Quad = STL (See Alex, I got it right this time!! X-p )
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh well, I just leave them, if I get one by accident, I just throw them on the market or discard them. So if anyone wants them homeless tribbles, thay are up for adoption at the exchange.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You're = You are attaching a quote.

Your = Your quote has a werd speeld rong.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    More dull results;

NIE + Tula wine = STL
    MAT + Quadro = STL

Thats the last of the t8's, so t8 and t7 ar both totally done w/72%'s now.