What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble FAQ - Tribble Breeding for Fun and, well, Loss

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I decided to try Griffis with various store-bought foods just in case...with all the holes in the chart, we cannot just assume that it would require a 72%?

Not in chart (none -> pink)
    Mattson + Klingon Targ Milk = Dotson (accidentally during trading, luckily I have a small stack of Klingon Targ Milk in the first spot in my inventory just for this situation)
    Griffis + Chateau Picard = Sparkes
    Griffis + Klingon Targ Milk = Dotson
    Griffis + Root Beer = Dotson
    Griffis + Vulcan Spice Tea = Stahl

Pink in chart (pink -> purple)
    Griffis + Thalian Chocolate Mousse = Stahl
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dont´t know if you known this, a Regen Tribble buffs the Hull Repair Rate by x%. (You can see this by Hover ur Crew below your Shield settings.
    Tested this with a Mattson one.

Normal Hull Repair Rate was 94,8%.
    With Mattson Buff i had 95,9%.

Maybe it buffs also the Shield Regen, i don´t know.

The others pushes the DPS or DMG resist in Space also, easy to see so.
    Hope we discover how to get the 3% DMG Resist Tribble soon, i am a Tank. ;)

One of the Best Threads in this Board btw. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As threatened, here's the start of my tribble breeding flowchart with tribble images and colored by type. Lot of work still to be done. Need to put in a key to the colors and add the food lists for each transition.

It's in PDF format right now. I'll convert to an image file once its done.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8zhS3xovyl6MmU3YjhkOGQtM2ExNi00YWE0LWE1YjAtNzVjYmIyZTNmOWI5&hl=en
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, the timing thing is nuts. Driving me nuts.
    I logged in and within 5 minutes got a breed cycle. I started a 1hr countdown timer and half expected another cycle between 10 and 0. Nothing. Timer reached 0 and I restarted it. Its down to 30 minutes and still no breeding cycle. Something to be said for a watched tribble never breeds :(

Hell with it. Tanking a break and go shoot some klingons at sb24 for a while.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been reliably getting it every hour in my belt (standing next to the bank or exchange)

I did miss an hourly tick when I was traveling in sector space. So it seems that for them to breed in your belt, you must be "existing" on the ground, similar to how they will only breed in a BO's belt if your BO is out and about (ie. not in a space station).

Also, I think that the initial time is a bit more complicated. Since the server restart with the 90mb patch, I've had breed cycles at 10:04, 11:04, 12:04, 13:04, 14:04, 15:04...then later on, it was 22:40, 23:40 (missed due to traveling), 0:40. Now the puzzling part was, the next day, it was 9:40 (within 15 minutes of logging in), 10:40, 11:40, 12:40, 13:40, 14:40, 15:40.

I'm thinking that the minute mark is decided by your first login to the launcher after the server has been started. This seems to be the most reasonable explanation (I'm guessing the server crashed yesterday between 15:04 and 22:40)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Odi, you might be right. Last night or earlier today, I forget now, I had a tribble birth at 40 minutes passed the hour. But the day before that it was about 20 minutes passed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That would explain why i got a Tribble Breed after 10 seconds one time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rive + Vorta Q'lava = Dots

Working on more Rive breeding still, I just got a couple of the missing 72%'s
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yargnit wrote: »
    Hell Yeah, new Tribble discovery!

HIG + Romulan Osol Twist = SPA
    Yu + Romulan Osol Twist = SPA
    VEL + Romulan Osol Twist = Polygeminus Grex Nielson

So I'm probably going to go with NIE unless there's overwhelming support for NIL or NEL?

And the biggest news, Nielson is a triple damage value, meaning type6 tribble! This also confirms Yu is a triple regen type6.

Though I'm stuck with a Tuffli for now (that I gladly bought on the exchange) I've been following this thread just about every day, and (speakly only for myself) I'm very grately for the work that all of you are putting into helping those of us who are a still a bit further off... Looking forward to contributing to the work in progress at some point... :D

btw, 300K energy seems like an unimaginable amount to my lvl 3 lieutenant (I'm taking my time) but you have to admit, it's pretty damn cool to say that you discovered a new species of Tribble for it... :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Though I'm stuck with a Tuffli for now (that I gladly bought on the exchange) I've been following this thread just about every day, and (speakly only for myself) I'm very grately for the work that all of you are putting into helping those of us who are a still a bit further off... Looking forward to contributing to the work in progress at some point... :D

btw, 300K energy seems like an unimaginable amount to my lvl 3 lieutenant (I'm taking my time) but you have to admit, it's pretty damn cool to say that you discovered a new species of Tribble for it... :D

You are welcome to a susilo, rofl, I have about 10 of those now while breeding the dotson and stahl who seem to just want to give me that one rofl.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Some more updates:

Yu:
    Tholian Chocolate Mousse: Stahl
    Tulaberry: Dotson
    Ratamba Stew: Sparkes
    Klingon Raktajino: Dotson
    Jimbalian Fudge: Stahl
    Cardassian Yamok Sauce: Sparkes
    Bajoran Jumja Stick: Stahl
    Banana Split: Stahl
    Vulcan Plomeek Soup: Sparkes
    Cardassian Kanor: Sparkes
    Blood Wine: Sparkes

Daxter:
    Tranya: Dotson
    Tulaberry Wine: Stahl
    Romulan Osol Twist: Sparkes
    Cardassian Taspar Egg: Sparkes

Nielson:
    Jumbo Romulan Mollusk: Stahl
    Romulan Ale: Sparkes
    Tranya: Dotson

Not looking good for the higher tribbles unless we're missing something. The conversation came up with Rehpic in #stoqa today and mentioned 22 confirmed and he said we haven't found them all yet (I updated that to 26 because I typo'd that and he didn't respond, though). Not sure how close we are.

We know there are at least 2 that haven't been found by the pictures provided on STOWiki, though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm sure there are some looted foods that we haven't come across but I haven't noticed any difference with what food they have barring the % and whether its a drink or food item. Or perhaps an unbreedable tribble is out there that can only be looted and then bred from.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, this is nuts. I have been sitting on my breeder for 2 hours after doing a sb24 run (and making 40k credits of vendor food) and still NO breeding. I have a matts and ale sitting in inventory, a matts and gree in my belt and a dean and brandy in my bank. Nothing has bread. Dunno what to do. I had one cycle this morning and not one breeding since.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I had a 2hr wait at one point but can't think why.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Figures, just as I was about to log :(

Matt+Ale==high (confirming)
    Matt+gree==Stal (1 test for me)
    Dean+brandy==matts (confirming)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Last update for the night:

Daxter:
    Romulan Osol Twist: Sparkes

Yu:
    Bajoran Moba Fruit: Dotson
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    On the topic of possibly missing food, perhaps the enemies that drop it haven't been put in yet?
    For example the enemies in the new content and raidisodes?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    vitales-snail (aka dax) + tranya = dotson
    ' ' + romulan osul twist = sparkes
    ' ' + cardassian yamok sauce = sparkes
    ' ' + cardassian kanar = sparkes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tonight i received a PM about a breeding result from "Grape Juice". I've never heard of this food before. I asked for clarification. Perhaps the sender simply had a brainfart, or that was his joke name for Grapok Sauce. But if it does exist, then there's probably other undiscovered foods out there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Probably meant Prune Juice
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rive + Cardassian Taspar Egg = Sparkes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    o god the tribble apocolypse is upon us!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ataniker wrote: »
    I dont´t know if you known this, a Regen Tribble buffs the Hull Repair Rate by x%. (You can see this by Hover ur Crew below your Shield settings.
    Tested this with a Mattson one.

Normal Hull Repair Rate was 94,8%.
    With Mattson Buff i had 95,9%.

Maybe it buffs also the Shield Regen, i don´t know.

The others pushes the DPS or DMG resist in Space also, easy to see so.
    Hope we discover how to get the 3% DMG Resist Tribble soon, i am a Tank. ;)

One of the Best Threads in this Board btw. :)

I can confirm this, one of the random groups I joined showed one of the guys with 3 different tribble buffs. Regen, Damage and Damage Resist.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:
    o god the tribble apocolypse is upon us!

I didn't breed that many tribbles today, honest .. well seeing as it looks like it might be an early night rofl .. here's my update:

12th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Bajoran Hasperat (56%) = Sparkes
    + Bajoran Kava Juice (56%) = Dotson
    Dotson
    + Cardassian Kanar ( 64% ) = Vitales
    + Saurian Brandy ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Bajoran Jumja Stick ( 64% ) = Susilo ( was expecting Vitales with it being food but oh well )
    + Bajoran Lavish Pie ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Betazoid Uttaberry ( 64% ) = Thompson
    > 3 different breeds ?? - or possibly 4 with 2 for food and 2 for drinks with a randomizer to decide <
    Stahl
    + Klingon Rokeg Blood Pie ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Vulcan Spice Tea ( 64% ) = Susilo
    Stacy
    + Klingon Raktajino ( 56% ) = Dotson
    + Synthale ( 56% ) = Dotson

11th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Jumbalya (56%) = Sparkes
    + Spring Wine ( 56%) = Dotson
    Dotson
    + Vulcan Spiced Tea ( 64%) = Susilo
    + Banana Split (64%) = Susilo
    Stahl
    + Ferengi Jellied Gree-worm ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Klingon Racht ( 64% ) = Susilo
    Stacy
    + Chateau Picard ( 64% ) = Sparkes

10th Feb
    Stacy
    + Romulan Ale (72%) = Sparkes
    Dotson
    + Cardassian Zabu Stew (64%) = Vitales

9th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Bajoran Mapa Bread (56%) = Sparkes
    + Field Rations (56%) = Sparkes
    + Coffee (56%) = Dotson
    + Klingon Targ Milk (56%) = Dotson
    + Prune Juice (56%) = Dotson

8th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Catfish Sandwich (56%) = Sparkes
    + Earl Grey Tea (56%) = Dotson
    + Feline Supplement 74 (56%) = Sparkes
    + Ferengi Snail Juice (56%) = Dotson
    + Hot Chocolate (56%) = Dotson
    + Root Beer (56%) = Dotson
    + Synthale (56%) = Dotson
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xrystal wrote: »
    I didn't breed that many tribbles today, honest .. well seeing as it looks like it might be an early night rofl .. here's my update:

12th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Bajoran Hasperat (56%) = Sparkes
    + Bajoran Kava Juice (56%) = Dotson
    Dotson
    + Cardassian Kanar ( 64% ) = Vitales
    + Saurian Brandy ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Bajoran Jumja Stick ( 64% ) = Susilo ( was expecting Vitales with it being food but oh well )
    + Bajoran Lavish Pie ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Betazoid Uttaberry ( 64% ) = Thompson
    > 3 different breeds ?? - or possibly 4 with 2 for food and 2 for drinks with a randomizer to decide <
    Stahl
    + Klingon Rokeg Blood Pie ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Vulcan Spice Tea ( 64% ) = Susilo
    Stacy
    + Klingon Raktajino ( 56% ) = Dotson
    + Synthale ( 56% ) = Dotson

11th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Jumbalya (56%) = Sparkes
    + Spring Wine ( 56%) = Dotson
    Dotson
    + Vulcan Spiced Tea ( 64%) = Susilo
    + Banana Split (64%) = Susilo
    Stahl
    + Ferengi Jellied Gree-worm ( 64% ) = Susilo
    + Klingon Racht ( 64% ) = Susilo
    Stacy
    + Chateau Picard ( 64% ) = Sparkes

10th Feb
    Stacy
    + Romulan Ale (72%) = Sparkes
    Dotson
    + Cardassian Zabu Stew (64%) = Vitales

9th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Bajoran Mapa Bread (56%) = Sparkes
    + Field Rations (56%) = Sparkes
    + Coffee (56%) = Dotson
    + Klingon Targ Milk (56%) = Dotson
    + Prune Juice (56%) = Dotson

8th Feb
    Tuffli
    + Catfish Sandwich (56%) = Sparkes
    + Earl Grey Tea (56%) = Dotson
    + Feline Supplement 74 (56%) = Sparkes
    + Ferengi Snail Juice (56%) = Dotson
    + Hot Chocolate (56%) = Dotson
    + Root Beer (56%) = Dotson
    + Synthale (56%) = Dotson

Did you try beedin pairs of tribble? Does it make a difference?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i have a question!

does the buff show up in regular mouse over on the tribble or do you have to equip it to see if it has a buff on it? some of the ones ive gotten match damage coloring but have no buff that i can tell, maybe a HUD glitch?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pahndora wrote: »
    i have a question!

does the buff show up in regular mouse over on the tribble or do you have to equip it to see if it has a buff on it? some of the ones ive gotten match damage coloring but have no buff that i can tell, maybe a HUD glitch?

For me I get a little square under the char with a tribble piture in it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Looks like a fair bit of testing has been going on today. :) I'll have to tart updating my spreadsheet while the server is down.

I'm starting to lean heavily toward a bugged food/drink item that's not dropping. as the cause for our stalls trying to breed GRI/DAX. I'm thinking we should see if we can have a dev take a look at their data and just give us a quick confirmation that yes, everything is working correctly and in-game. Having either GRI or DAX not breed I could contribute to bad data being received, but both is extremely unlikely unless someone is purposefully feeding bad intel for some reason.

As for the money spent, the chance at being the first to discover a new Tribble is exactly the reason I have payed what I have for some. Discovering a new breed is something only so many people will be able to say they've done, and it's what makes this exciting.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone considered that there is a chance of say, 50% that any given tribble will breed 'up' or 'down' with any given food? Meaning that half the time I use a Suarian Brandy I will get a rare tribble and half the time I would get a solid heal tribble?

I have been following this for 47 pages, and it seems that no one else has brought up the possibility that a singular food item could have 2 possible outcomes with any singular tribble. So there, now it's on the table. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pahndora wrote: »
    i have a question!

If you right click on any tribble and click info you'll get a stat page listing not only the effects but even the species name of that tribble.
    Has anyone considered that there is a chance[/] of say, 50% that any given tribble will breed 'up' or 'down' with any given food? Meaning that half the time I use a Suarian Brandy I will get a rare tribble and half the time I would get a solid heal tribble?

I have been following this for 47 pages, and it seems that no one else has brought up the possibility that a singular food item could have 2 possible outcomes with any singular tribble. So there, now it's on the table. :)

I mentioned the possibility of random chances a bit ago, and the fact that if there is random chance it would take alot more work to nail down everything concretely.