test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new "new" symbol keeps appearing on all my items and covering up the items

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
The new "new" symbol keeps appearing on all my items and covering them up so I cannot tell what they are. I hover over the items but 15min later they all say "New" again as I craft a lot. If I have a stack of 1000 items and add 1 item the entire stack of 1001 goes new again. My old stacks of items are constantly having this horrible new symbol covering up them so I cannot tell what the icon is.

We need a way to disable/remove this useless feature that doesn’t nothing useful for me, but make QOL worse. The new feature is making it harder for me to find an use the items I want to use.

Comments

• Options
    jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Agreed.....curious if people actually asked for this feature.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,016 Arc User
    edited March 8
    Just mouse over your inventory and "new" disappears.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just mouse over your inventory and "new" disappears.
    That's not practical for someone like myself that spends a lot of time crafting and trading. The same old stacks are constantly going new. The new symbol combined with the number symbol from the stack means I cannot tell what the stack is.

For example I just cleared all the new symbols less then 5 minutes later and I have the same old stacks covered in new symbols again. 2 minutes after that 2nd clearing my Fire Sequencer stacks are saying "new" again.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,030 Arc User
    edited March 8
    If we stop looking in our Inventory, we'll never see the "New" label on items again. Problem Solved! Yay! \o/
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Agreed.....curious if people actually asked for this feature.

Absolutely not. We're too busy asking for fixes to actual problems and broken functionality.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    This is definitely one of the cases where having an option to turn it off (or go back to just the highlight) would be a plus.
  • Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    This is definitely one of the cases where having an option to turn it off (or go back to just the highlight) would be a plus.

They would probably break something if they tried lol
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User
    They may have added the feature in order to test something for a more complex feature they are working one. If so, it would not be the first time they did something like that.
  • Options
    At this point I would rather they remove it all together if they cannot provide a suitable fix. Its causing more problems then it solves still.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    At this point I would rather they remove it all together if they cannot provide a suitable fix. Its causing more problems then it solves still.

I'm not even clear on what problem it is MEANT to solve.
  • Options
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »

I'm not even clear on what problem it is MEANT to solve.

Same it doesn't solve any problem or help in any way from what I can see. All it does it make it harder to find items you want to use.