test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next event: Tholian Trouble

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
Beginning on March 13th on PC, the Tholians imprison a significant portion of the Romulan Flotilla in the Azure Nebula while they attempt to ensnare and abscond with the formidable Vault. How many ships can the Alliance spare to deal with this machination? Will it be enough?

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11565413
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    edited March 8
    Passively, this Kit Module automatically replicates a Tholian Assault Drone upon entering any combat scenario. This combat assistant uses Tetryon beams and Tetryon cone blasts to assault your nearby enemies. It will expire when Combat is over. If destroyed during combat there is a brief lockout period before another drone will be automatically called to your side to continue the fight.

I hope this works like that one Terran drone module, Covert Assault Drone, which only fires whenever the player is shooting something.

Otherwise it's going to be yet another great tool for AFK'ers on Nimbus and elsewhere.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Oooooo... new Drone for my Drone Master.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    ...you'll now be assisted by the I.R.W. Leahval—the flagship of the Romulan Republic.

Huh... last time I checked the flagship of the Republic was the R.R.W. Lleiset. The Leahval was Sela's personal flagship, which the Iconians abducted to never be seen again... :/
  • Options
    chriskeeler1979chriskeeler1979 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    why not include the 2 ground based Tholian TFO too?
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Oh, also:
    Participating in this Event will give all players the opportunity to win the Universal Console – Tholian Web Array for their entire account!

[...]

Universal Kit Module - Tholian Technology Suite

Which one is it now? ;)
  • Options
    cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Event Campaign

This Featured Event will be the second of a series of upcoming Events that will participate in the latest installment of our multi-event system known as an Event Campaign. For 2024, we're changing things up a bit. You'll need to participate in six events in total in order to earn the Grand Prize. However, the Grand Prize is changing, as well. Instead of having to choose between a Tier 6 Infinity Promotional Ship of your choice, two Free T6 Zen Store Coupons, or 1500 Lobi, you will receive all three. No more difficult choices, just get all of the rewards at once!

Players may earn 50 Event Campaign Progress for each day they participate in an eligible event.
    Buying out an eligible event will include up to 700 Event Campaign Progress.
    Each event’s buyout only grants as much Event Campaign Progress as is relative to the amount paid, after pro-rated discounts are applied. This means that paying half price, (because you participated in 7 out of 14 of the required days so far) will grant you 350 Event Campaign Progress. Essentially, you get what you pay for.
    Complete the entire campaign to unlock a Tier 6 Infinity Promotional Ship of your choice, Two Free T6 Zen Store Coupons, and 1500 Lobi.

Tell me this is a joke, yes?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    Event Campaign

This Featured Event will be the second of a series of upcoming Events that will participate in the latest installment of our multi-event system known as an Event Campaign. For 2024, we're changing things up a bit. You'll need to participate in six events in total in order to earn the Grand Prize. However, the Grand Prize is changing, as well. Instead of having to choose between a Tier 6 Infinity Promotional Ship of your choice, two Free T6 Zen Store Coupons, or 1500 Lobi, you will receive all three. No more difficult choices, just get all of the rewards at once!

Players may earn 50 Event Campaign Progress for each day they participate in an eligible event.
    Buying out an eligible event will include up to 700 Event Campaign Progress.
    Each event’s buyout only grants as much Event Campaign Progress as is relative to the amount paid, after pro-rated discounts are applied. This means that paying half price, (because you participated in 7 out of 14 of the required days so far) will grant you 350 Event Campaign Progress. Essentially, you get what you pay for.
    Complete the entire campaign to unlock a Tier 6 Infinity Promotional Ship of your choice, Two Free T6 Zen Store Coupons, and 1500 Lobi.

To which part, specifically, do you object? Because I'm not seeing a problem here. In fact, I'm quite happy about getting all the rewards at the end instead of having to choose just one.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    thorodal wrote: »
    Which one is it now? ;)
    I already shot a message up the chain regarding the blog.

cxeronockx wrote: »

No joke. We're getting all of that for this year's campaign.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Which one is it now? ;)
    I already shot a message up the chain regarding the blog.

Hope you also reminded them to check again what the flagship of the Romulan Republic is called ;)
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User

This is definitely something I'd like to see as the space based Tholian TFO's don't provide much in the way of engagement for me. Perhaps the new changes to them will help in this respect ?
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I'm also looking forward to the updated Tholian TFOs. Here's hoping they're more streamlined and have a smoother pace. The one where you freed ships for points felt so slow and clunky at times.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

This is definitely something I'd like to see as the space based Tholian TFO's don't provide much in the way of engagement for me. Perhaps the new changes to them will help in this respect ?

The Tholian ground TFO that the "Kill a Tholian captain" endeavor points to which starts on the other side of the map from the Alliance base (it has something about not touching acid) is seriously bugged and does not work at all for some people. For instance, every single time I have tried it I never even get as far as rezzing at the starting location before it ends with a "failure" condition. There were threads about it years ago, and besides a vague acknowledgement about it being a "known issue effecting some people" I have not seen anything that suggests that they have fixed it.
  • Options
    Hope you also reminded them to check again what the flagship of the Romulan Republic is called ;)

Honestly I didn't catch that one. Probably because they both start with L.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

....and for my Tholian gear captain, Much nicer than grinding doffs into slurry for the consumable drone.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

The Tholian ground TFO that the "Kill a Tholian captain" endeavor points to which starts on the other side of the map from the Alliance base (it has something about not touching acid) is seriously bugged and does not work at all for some people. For instance, every single time I have tried it I never even get as far as rezzing at the starting location before it ends with a "failure" condition. There were threads about it years ago, and besides a vague acknowledgement about it being a "known issue effecting some people" I have not seen anything that suggests that they have fixed it.

NTTE (Nukara Transdimensional Tactics (Elite)) used to be one of my favorite team activities. It has been a while though and I have no idea what it's status is. Something like this being available for an event would certainly have me logging in with great anticipation! I honestly think there's room for more robust TFO's such as this one in the event menu. Maybe next year ?
  • Options
    ....and for my Tholian gear captain, Much nicer than grinding doffs into slurry for the consumable drone.

Yea... I wish those consumables would get replaced with a Kit Module, and remove the DOff requirement. I can honestly say I almost never see them in action. I mean there is the the odd one once in a blue moon, but still... the cost just outweighs the usefulness.
  • Options
    setadoonsetadoon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 10
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User

I plan something similar. Already have a Tholian themed captain (my intended premium ship this year is a Tarantula-class dreadnought), so it'll fit in nicely.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    caseyleepcaseyleep Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Oh, also:
    Participating in this Event will give all players the opportunity to win the Universal Console – Tholian Web Array for their entire account!

[...]

Universal Kit Module - Tholian Technology Suite

Which one is it now? ;)

they may have accidentally gave a hint for later
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm surprised that the event campaign is already continued so shortly after the first one. It's nice they increse the number of event parts so people can spread their activity out a bit, but if the campaign is continued every three weeks it's again possible to miss out early on as well.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Don't quote me on this, but I have an educated guess as to what follows this upcoming event: another Red Alert, and then the springtime seasonal event...?

In any case, I believe that what's happening is a bit more frenetic pacing to the events, so that players are never lacking for something to do. Which is a good thing if it can be kept up. It'll increase the playerbase, that's for sure.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Don't quote me on this, but I have an educated guess as to what follows this upcoming event: another Red Alert, and then the springtime seasonal event...?

In any case, I believe that what's happening is a bit more frenetic pacing to the events, so that players are never lacking for something to do. Which is a good thing if it can be kept up. It'll increase the playerbase, that's for sure.
    It has one huge advantage over the same thing at CO - unlike the events in Millennium City, the ones in space are opt-in. I can't leave Renaissance Center with a low-level superhero during, say, the Nightmare Invasion, because those monsters are literally everywhere, but if there's a Red Alert going on or a TFO event or something, new cadets can still breeze about between the stars not even knowing that anything's different.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I'm surprised that the event campaign is already continued so shortly after the first one. It's nice they increse the number of event parts so people can spread their activity out a bit, but if the campaign is continued every three weeks it's again possible to miss out early on as well.​​

Thankfully you can miss 2 entire events and still complete the campaign without spending zen to buy out one. 6 x 7 spare days = 42 spare days for the campaign. Also, buying out one is now very attractive given you get all 3 rewards.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited March 10
    (Moderated comments and response removed. - BMR)

Now, as for this event I am ready for it.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    politician#4299 politician Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 13
    I think they have the date wrong. 8am PDT and still no event and there was no maintenance for it. Post says March 13th Thats today.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I think they have the date wrong. 8am PDT and still no event and there was no maintenance for it. Post says March 13th Thats today.

Yep. A Wednesday seemed like an odd day to start. I figured it was just another error in the announcement, but logged in to check just in case.
  • Options
    Its probably gonna be on patch day, which is tomorrow.

Don't forget unless its a major update, most things start on Thursdays, which are the normal weekly patch days.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User

Don't forget unless its a major update, most things start on Thursdays, which are the normal weekly patch days.

Yep. Sometimes it seems strange, though, that when something is wrong (missing shutdown announcements like last week, wrong details on announcements like this one), *we* are the ones tasked with remembering how it normally is rather than the company running the show. :D
  • Options
    jalready8jalready8 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Tuesday starts gave them time to fix game stopper problems before the weekend. Thursday means 5-7 day delayed fixes.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User

Who am I to tell them when their events start? Besides, "most" things are not "all things" so there is room for misunderstanding anyway.

They are the ones that should know when they are going to start and end things, and when they realize that they are in error they should post a correction.
This discussion has been closed.