test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where would you like the game to go in 2024?

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Although I'm not a big fan of NuTrek I would like my KDF chars to have access to the SNW Klingon Uniforms. And the Romulan uniforms. And to continue the old story lines that have not been completely resolved. Who met with Sela at the end of the Iconian arc? Data? What happened to the Children Of Khan?

it's funny you call SNW nutrek. it's as close to TOS as you can get.

'Enterprise: In a Mirror Darkly' was closer.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Because TOS Config USS Defiant, TOS phasers, and TOS uniforms?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    The era between Undiscovered Country and start of TNG
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User

for that matter, the "Lost Years" between the end of the 5 year mission and the events of TMP would be interesting
      Spock.jpg

• Options
      dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User

for that matter, the "Lost Years" between the end of the 5 year mission and the events of TMP would be interesting

As long as it sticks with the TOS uniforms for such a venture. Bob Wise had a lot of nerve referring to Bill Theiss' designs as "pajamas" considering what they ultimately went with for the first movie.
      I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
    • Options
      zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      Any era where Uhura has a Afro. :)
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
      edited February 25
      The TOS unforms were designed to look soft, futuristic, and comfortable (though the velour tunics were anything but in real life), it is something none of the spinoffs have managed to do since.

The fact that they could not afford a more durable real velvet was a severe problem though since the nap of the velour curled up and it lost its velvety shine the first time it was washed (and it shrunk a little every single time it was washed, which is why by the end of the velour tunics' run Kirk started looking a bit like an organ grinder's monkey in the things). As it was, they would get a bit whiffy since they tried to stretch the time between washings so they would not degrade as fast.

Originally, they all looked nice and shiny like McCoy's medical tunic, but wardrobe made the mistake of washing all of the others before use (Dr. Bryce never wore his, he used the coverall type instead, so it did not get washed like the others), so the short-sleeved medical one was the only one left intact after The Cage.

A fact many miss is that if you listen to the dialog where it mentions surface conditions at the proposed beam-down site, it turns out those tunics were good in everything from hot desert temperatures to near freezing (and even a bit lower though not comfortably (and of course they didn't help hands or head), still it would keep a person alive for a while even then, especially if they had a blanket or tarp to keep the wind off).

The uniform pants also had a kind of subtle shine to them from the synthetic material used, but TV at the time was just not up to showing that so it was a wasted effort, (or as much of an effort as buying something off the rack anyway, which is what they did for the first season or so as you can see in The Naked Time when Sulu was chasing people around with a foil they had pockets, which the custom ones later on lacked).

Overall, the SNW uniforms are very poor in that they look like later TNG or DS9 rather than TOS, and on top of that, look very uncomfortable and binding (and with those silly shoulder pads that just make the wrinkles and bulges of that binding action even worse).
      Any era where Uhura has a Afro. :)

That would be strictly SNW, she had straight or a medium curl in her hair in all other versions, iirc.
    • Options
      That would be strictly SNW, she had straight or a medium curl in her hair in all other versions, iirc.

She kinda had a fro in TMP, but that changed real fast going into WoK.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      jrl13#0801 jrl13 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
      Like some of you all, I’d like to see more mini-story arcs, and smalller missions that allow captains to visit Cardassia, Q’onos (spelling), amongst other planets ala the missions on Kobali or on the planet of galactic peace-Nimbus III.

I’d also like to see more love for the Galaxy variants of ships! galaxy, venture, ross, world dazed crest. That’d be appreciated.

Great discussion topic.
    • Options
      Well... the ship team's been going up the tiers on remastering old skins. I think the last set to be done were T2 Cruisers, with the Exeter now on the radar since it wasn't touched yet. So I think its possible the Nova and Saber will probably be done next, then we go up to T3, then T4, and so on.
    • Options
      jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
      jrl13#0801 wrote: »
      ...Q’onos (spelling)...
      Qo'noS, if you want to be pedantic about it. :smile:
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • Options
      jrl13#0801 jrl13 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
      jonsills wrote: »
      ...Q’onos (spelling)...

Thanks!! I always forget.
    • Options
      novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Well... the ship team's been going up the tiers on remastering old skins. I think the last set to be done were T2 Cruisers, with the Exeter now on the radar since it wasn't touched yet. So I think its possible the Nova and Saber will probably be done next, then we go up to T3, then T4, and so on.

I wish the Exeter would be updated. I hope so. It's the only 25th century skin we have for that ship, as far as I know. Even if it's not usable on the Donnie/MWFDC because they're apparently different sizes?
    • Options
      I wish the Exeter would be updated. I hope so. It's the only 25th century skin we have for that ship, as far as I know. Even if it's not usable on the Donnie/MWFDC because they're apparently different sizes?

They are different sizes. And yea I heard on one of the livestreams last year that they do want to remaster the Exeter when they were talking about remasters. In fact I think it was the stream discussing the Excalibur and Vesper remasters...
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

They are different sizes. And yea I heard on one of the livestreams last year that they do want to remaster the Exeter when they were talking about remasters. In fact I think it was the stream discussing the Excalibur and Vesper remasters...

It makes sense that they would want to do the entire kitbash kit at once, and they already did an Exeter visual quality pass for the legendary Constitution bundle so they have a head start on it already. I had a kitbash that was mainly Vesper class that I was rather fond of and would eventually buy one as funds (or tokens) became available if it is kitbashable like the T2s.
    • Options
      cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
      lockboxes do Sort of have a pity system with the ships in the Lobi store....granted, thats not the ships people are after to be sure...but it is A teir 6 ship.
      The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
    • Options
      oclosoclos Member Posts: 40 Arc User
      1st off, this is a similar thread to the running "Where would you like..." thread, but that is going to another direction than I want this to go. I've been thinking on it for a few weeks, without posting, but realized, as an infrequent poster that I am, I might as well do this now, cause I don't know what chances I will get to communicate this info(I've been a Lifetimer since the option was added I think and been there to see the kick off party, though I didn't know what it was about at the time. But I don't post in these forums or any STO ones for that matter, much and chances are I will not check back the thread after I post either. So my only chances to see if the devs read it will be through in-game changes). Also people don't realize, maybe cause they don't test the limits of the tailor that some things asked are already in. Like in the Ferengi-Cardassian thread, "The Cage Bundle". I enclose a screenshot of a character I've created a few months back and trying to emulate things, I realised stuff can be emulated with the given tools. For instance the goggles - and most that searched know of the "Cage" tunic trick.

qwb7rv0da7k8.jpg

Beams could be emulated with one of the existing sets(though it would be best if we had an actual set). Not that we have everything. Obviously, the "Wah Chang/Cage Phase(?) Laser" pistols are not in game(and ironically, these have two versions, since the original design was furtherly modified, I guess they could go like beam and bolt sniper and normal version for them or something). I personally use the disco pistol which is closer but it lacks the laser beam of the actual thing. That could be added as a lobbi item. And Majel's version of "Number one" hair I think is not in, that could be added to the hair tailor. We could have the ground cannon as a hovering battle pet(I know it wasn't hovering, but if we wanted to include it). The ship of that era also exists as a Legendary one variant - though I'm not using that on this character, I will refrain of saying from which fan production it is, cause some activelly hate that. But I have 32 chars through the years(would be over 40 if I didn't restructured back in 2014-15. I'm thinking of making them 35 and I have plans and lore for each, including some new restructuring. I have like 4 of them to be about TOS era(6 if we count TMP and movies).

I'm familiar with the discussion about Dyson ships: I think it's valid, they should be T6 as most T5 ships that still aren't and could be. Galor for instance, D'Kyr. The Vulcans are a UFP founder yet don't have much in game about them. I gotten the Sh'vhal ship ofcourse(though my T5 D'Kyr is upgraded and works quite well, but that stands for all T-5's).But there are items missing there. The Vulcan beam pistol(that's also the Hirogen pistol when sawn off and repainted. Some think it's the Ferengi, but the Ferengi is multiply associated with the Ferengi. I'm also having a whip for the Captain). We don't have a uniform for Vulcans. The ENT Vulcan Captains one could be added. There is no Vulcan bridge(Could be the one in Sh'Vhal episodes one). It's an opportunity, now we can use all Bridges on any ship. I can tell you I went and bought nearly all available on ZEN store and several of the restricted ones to the extent I could. I can't buy a D'Kora for all my characters, cost would be prohibitive. I got it for the Ferengi. Btw, some are not even useful if there isn't a Captain in the roster. I mean, gotten the Kazon for the Bajoran, cause its a smaller ship and Bajorans don't have one. But it doesn't feel right after all. Especially with the Kazon marking all over the place. I mean good looking bridge, but maybe avoid too many markings of the race in future alien bridges. Incindentally, why Denorios a T6 ship doesn't have a bridge? Make one based on starship and Kazon and/or give us ENT's so I can replace it. And also the displays of ships, best to remove that, cause I use - for example - Prometheus Bridges for TMP & WoK era crews. Wrong ship on display there. I gotten the Arehbes. Better not display the Arehbes, I have it on another ship entirelly. Etc.

ENT doesn't have a bridge(NX-01's). I'm using the Starship generic one, but I'd rather it have its own bridge. ENT lacks alot of content btw, still. The ships we see in the titles part, NX project ones, Emmet and the like. The ENT Shuttle. One of the characters I wan't to create: it's before ENT era, when the XCV-330 was in service. This thing has a bridge too btw(Roddenberry archive for reference). I'd be using EM-33 as his ground weapon(and some lasery colored beam for space one). But it doesn't exist in game. I can emulate the pistol with compression bolt ones, though if it where to be added I wouldn't mind one bit. However could the XCV and Bridge be added so I can make that character? I know it's transition period so we don't know who will stay and/or leave(but with recent news, this is in part why I'm asking now since we sure have them around for at least a while), but would be great to see this by people like E.C Henry, Tobias Richter(believe he's a partial contructor though), Thomas Marrone; I would also like we get some clarity asap, on the status of the company that actually runs it and the game, since there have been increasing concerns and I think I already paid the equivalent of a Full price lifetime pack(if not more) this year and I want to know where this investment is headed.

I've been thinking about the foundry lately since many have brought it up? Though I wouldn't like that scenario ever to happen, if you ever think of setting the game to "Maintenance mode" as people like to bring up from time to time(not sure if they actual trekkies or people who work for rival companies or something), I think you'd better re-instate the Foundry before that. Now, Foundry while it existed, was a very problematic version of the game and lets be honest on it, people abused it the best they could. So when it gets resurrected, the best way for it to actually work without messing with STO is for the Foundry to be its own secondary app. So as I imagine it, whoever wants to run it then, has to make a copy of their files ala Tribble and run it with those assets. It would have no rewards like it used, people do claim they played for the experience not because they could hijack the results to get Dilithium and other stuff - but players CAN gain items dropped from enemies. At the end of the mission there is always a vendor that can buy those dropped items for a price. THIS credits price is the only thing that can be transfered to their main account(maybe achievement for playing a certain amount of missions that last more than a given amt of time for those after such a thing). This doesn't hurt the game in anything cause people can gain credits through the game in an equivalent time. This solves most Foundry issues I believe, so consider it. This also brings back the creativity element for the players plus Cryptic/Deca or any combo of them can experiment with it adding useful stuff if they want without messing with the base game.

Other things I'd want to see: Targeted tokens. We have our own shipyards right?(Drydocks and all). Why can't we modify the ships to our liking completelly? Well, I mean completelly but within limits. There are some ships that I'd want to add an Experimental weapon to and lore wise(STO lore mind you) they should have one too(size as well). A classic example that comes to mind is the Universe class and the Tox Utat. Now obviously can't be THE Tox Utat, for the known reasons. But come on, obviously Dano had research on the field made before creating it. It is probably good for some more controlable derivative of it! And why not more consoles? Some might like them? As long as they aren't more than 5 of any given type or 3 of Universal slot ones. Btw, how about a new Reputation? Or freshen up an existed? Maybe the Romulan on, making it "Unification" one, adding some Vulcan items to its stages?

And last but not least, the usual stuff. Cardassian ground weaponry and equipment using Galor and Keldon skins on the STO lore ships(I said skins, not parts as you see, since I know those 3 are different meshes) of Cardassia assuming ownage of them all, Special Cardassian Refugee descendants subrace(exiled after Damar's death?) and Renegade Changelings(ala Picard) for the Dominion, Cardassian uniform tailor option. Oh, nearly forgotten, can the TNG and beyond eras of Store Boffs be like Geordi(keeps face looks more or less but is fluid with uniforms)? Since they're holograms mostly, right? Who knows, as VOY Doctor's episodes clearly display, when a hologram will be called upon? And being holoboffs they would be able to change their "clothing" on the spot, right?

Notice I didn't touch recent treks seasons items, but I assume USS ELEOS, Jack's phaser, the Dark Earth Federation phaser, SNW's phaser(awesome job by showrunners design team btw), their uniform(SNW's, or be clear on this so I can give them the Alter/JJverse/Kelvin Timeline Universe one), the Vulcan ship of the 4th DIS season, the special serum they(Doc team) used in SNW season 1-2 etc. will be available one way or the other right?

My best wishes for the game! May it be around to see at least 14 years more! :)
      Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
    • Options
      baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
      threads /merged
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • Options
      zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      edited February 29
      jonsills wrote: »
      ...Q’onos (spelling)...
      Hey, at least he didn't spell it like the sandwich chain - Quiznos. :p

Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • Options
      azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 101 Arc User
      This might be a different take, but honestly, I think plasma space weapons need more mission rewards. The only consoles besides the generic plasma infusers that boost plasma damage specifically are hella expensive (I bought a plasma Wave that just so happened to be "on sale" for 4.5 million on the exchange). Where is the mission omni and specialized damage-boosting science console every other energy flavor has?
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      edited February 29
      Set visual effects in options so the visual spam is not overwhelming.
      It's pretty horrible on the eyes at times.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        Set visual effects in options so the visual spam is not overwhelming.
        It's pretty horrible on the eyes at times.

Sadly, the odds of that happening are microscopic.
      • Options
        azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 101 Arc User
        While I'm not susceptible to light/pattern-induced seizures, I know there are players who might be, and I would definitely second the inclusion of a visual-effects toggle: at least to be able to block strobe or rapid-alternating-color effects. I personally don't mind strobe effects as long as they're not spammed constantly (it's kinda hard on the eyes, ya know).
      • Options
        cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
        ...the game could alway use more lense flare generators...Just retool the disco balls to make lense flare balls...
        The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
      • Options
        ...the game could alway use more lense flare generators...Just retool the disco balls to make lense flare balls...
        Please tell me you're joking. . . .
      • Options
        thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

We need lens flare mortars!
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
      • Options
        thay8472 wrote: »

That... might be interesting actually. I mean think of all the different typs of Grenades we have in game. Couldn't we use a mortar to launch those same grenades as well? Stun Mortar, Plasma Mortar, Cryo Mortar...
      • Options
        novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User

Dear god I hope so. I'd be so happy!
      • Options
        I can kinda see them trying to revamp the Exeter to be a bit more in line with the current 25th Century style.
      • Options
        vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
        thay8472 wrote: »

That... might be interesting actually. I mean think of all the different typs of Grenades we have in game. Couldn't we use a mortar to launch those same grenades as well? Stun Mortar, Plasma Mortar, Cryo Mortar...

instead of mortars grenade launcher turrets.
        Spock.jpg