What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Typhoon Class

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Didn't they also decide that was more canon because of the mirror episodes of Enterprise showcasing yellow markings?

I believe so. Then they changed it to red. Which is what the Terran Empire would have been using in Enterprise if it showed up better on the camera.
    You could use the Jem Hadar shield from the episodes as a substitute purple MU costume

Yeah. I use to tell people to use that shield for the Mirror Wars foundry stuff at the time.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    So, the same metagame-ideal stats and layouts so many others have? pig-2.gif​​

Buff it's hull, resistance and shield stat and that should be more than ideal.
    Yeah, she's going to be slower and less easy to turn but that's a trade off for the the stat buffs.

so D'Derpidex 2.0?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User

Yeah, she's going to be slower and less easy to turn but that's a trade off for the the stat buffs.

so D'Derpidex 2.0?

Would not go that far, a slight debuff in speed and turn as to reflect the size of the ship
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options

so D'Derpidex 2.0?

Would not go that far, a slight debuff in speed and turn as to reflect the size of the ship

You want to debuff the Typhoon?! What kind of Typhoonism is this?!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      edited February 21
      thay8472 wrote: »

so D'Derpidex 2.0?

You want to debuff the Typhoon?! What kind of Typhoonism is this?!

Only slightly on the speed and turn rate, everything else is just hull, shields and resistance stats buffs as the trade off
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
        Isn't the difference between the D'deridex and Galaxy like 1 DPS (Degrees per Second) turn rate?
        I know the Legendary's base turn rate matches the Galaxy which is quite noticeable compared to the standard T6 D'deridex.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      • Options
        novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
        I'm iffy on the idea of a ship being made to turn worse than the D'deridex. Sub 20deg/s turnrate is... bad feeling.
      • Options
        I'm iffy on the idea of a ship being made to turn worse than the D'deridex. Sub 20deg/s turnrate is... bad feeling.

To be fair, the larger the ship, the larger the turning circle
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options

True. And I don't think a Typhoon would be as massive as a D'deridex, but I could be wrong.
        • Options
          phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
          edited February 21

It makes sense for game balance, and is almost supported by spinoff Trek shows, but in the original show turn rate was a non-issue since ships at warp could make hairpin turns no matter what speed they were going and spin in place without inertial drag holding them back.
        • Options

It makes sense for game balance, and is almost supported by spinoff Trek shows, but in the original show turn rate was a non-issue since ships at warp could make hairpin turns no matter what speed they were going and spin in place without inertial drag holding them back.

Maybe give it the Oddy's turn rate
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
            Same is true for seafaring vessels, aircraft and road vehicles.
            Consider the manoeuvrability of a small dinghy vs a luxury liner, or a motorcycle vs a bus.
            - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
          • Options

What if we strap giant rockets to the side of it?
            2gdi5w4mrudm.png
            Typhoon Class please!
          • Options
            edited February 21
            Same is true for seafaring vessels, aircraft and road vehicles.
            Consider the manoeuvrability of a small dinghy vs a luxury liner, or a motorcycle vs a bus.

That was my line of thinking though more placements of manoeuvring thrusters could help
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
              What if we strap giant rockets to the side of it?

Pretty sure the RCS thrusters cound already. ;)
              db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
              I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
              The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
            • Options

True. And I don't think a Typhoon would be as massive as a D'deridex, but I could be wrong.

well if everyone is saying dreadnought/juggernaut, yea they are talking bigger. personally I think another 4x4 cruiser regardless of spc is rather meh, but you do you
              Spock.jpg

• Options

I'd say about same size as the Jem Hadar Vanguard Dread cruiser
              NMXb2ph.png
              • Options
                westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User

well if everyone is saying dreadnought/juggernaut, yea they are talking bigger. personally I think another 4x4 cruiser regardless of spc is rather meh, but you do you

Making it a C store juggernaut could be pretty cool.
                Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
              • Options
                edited February 22

I... wasn't asking for a 4x4 cruiser. And since I missed some context (sorry >_<), a juggernaut would be interesting.
              • Options
                avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
                There's already so many fed dreadnoughts, they need a jugganaut for a change.
              • Options
                angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
                edited February 22

I'd say about same size as the Jem Hadar Vanguard Dread cruiser

I'm parked next to one in BGO. It is pretty much the exact size as a Negh'Var variant's body minus the wings and bridge module.

EDIT: Yes, my Klingon has a T6 Negh'Var using the Qu'Daj main hull (with Negh'var wings/pylons and bridge module if I remember correctly - since the character is stuck in BGO for years, a model overhaul caused parts of the ship to disappear. Only the non-revised Qu'Daj parts remain and those happen to be the almost exact size as the Typhoon next to it)

EDIT 2:

See my screenshot from page 2 of this thread

ahwudxi31m5w.jpg​​
                lFC4bt2.gif
                ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
                "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
                "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
                "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
              • Options
                avoozuul wrote: »
                There's already so many fed dreadnoughts, they need a jugganaut for a change.

A Fed Jug? An Interesting idea.
                2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                Typhoon Class please!
              • Options
                Considering what we got with the World Razer, a C-Store Typhoon Juggernaut would be nice.
                Give it same turn rate as the Jem Hadar Vanguard Dread as well for good measure
                NMXb2ph.png
                • Options
                  Considering what we got with the World Razer, a C-Store Typhoon Juggernaut would be nice.

Psst! Phaser Lance!.. but .. it fires out the back!

What would you call your hypothetical Typhoon? I call dibs on the USS / ISS Typhoon!
                  2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                  Typhoon Class please!
                • Options
                  U.S.S./I.S.S. Kamikaze (Divine Wind)
                  NMXb2ph.png
                  • Options

Psst! Phaser Lance!.. but .. it fires out the back!

What would you call your hypothetical Typhoon? I call dibs on the USS / ISS Typhoon!

so you are forcing the crew to eat beans and bad mexican food?
                    Spock.jpg

• Options
                    so you are forcing the crew to eat beans and bad mexican food?

The food will be prepared by Neelix!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                    Typhoon Class please!
                  • Options
                    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
                    ISS Typhoid Mary.

Poison build mandatory.
                    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
                  • Options
                    Poison build?
                    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                    Typhoon Class please!
                  • Options
                    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
                    Anything that pollutes the environment.

Warp plasma, theta radiation etc.
                    Think Malon freighter.
                    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
                  This discussion has been closed.